(Close Window)
Topic: FYI: DVD vs. Download
Just got a Download of one of Daryl's Essentials in Magic DVD.

If you buy the Hard Copy DVD it will have Menu's.

If you buy and Download, you will not have a Menu.

I'm guessing all the other offerings are the same.

If anyone wants to chime in on this, I would like
to read what you have to say.

Also, this information is not provided before you buy.
Also Daryl's Essentials in Magic DVD's are great, just

like all his other stuff.
+++ Downloads are great because you can have it almost the moment you buy them. Sometimes they are cheaper but not always. I bought some downloads dvd and Penguin Live lectures. I like the live lectures for what it is.

--- Downloads are not so great because you do not have menues and I don't get a 'physical' dvd. For me I find it difficult to browse through them when I want to learn a particular tricks.

Overall, for lectures it is interesting but for picking and for the practicing/learning I don't like downloads. I still prefer the combination of a book with a dvd. I don't know why this concept is not used more often. So for me : I prefer a book, then a book/dvd. Downloads on occasion.

Thanks
Downloads are portable VHS tapes.

If you like those features (or lack of) but in HD quality, then go for it.

I much prefer DVD's.
I like DVDs and then I end up ripping them with Handbrake so I can watch them on my tablet. I do love Penguin's lecture downloads, the only downside is that they are pretty long (not that it is a bad thing) but depending on the software it will start the playback from the beginning each time you watch it and it takes a bit to find out where you are. First world problems and all that.

Book/DVD is a great combo.