(Close Window)
Topic: Solari's misers miracle
In my opinion this is the easiest Misers dream on the market. Solari's gimmick is simple and very effective. It also comes with a coin cup and a 3 inch jumbo coin. There is no sleight of hand involved and this is a great effect for kids and family shows. This one is truly simplicity in itself and also a very visual production of a bunch of half dollars from your fingertips. Each dollar is thrown into the cup. Then at the end of the routine, you produce the 3" jumbo coin! The supplied props are very well made and should last forever. As mentioned above, the trick comes with a steel cup, a jumbo 3" coin, the special half dollar gimmick and detailed instructions. This one's a lot of fun to perform! Just prictice in front of a mirror for a few minutes and you will look like a pro. You can see it here
http://bobsolarimagic.com/shop/No%20Skill/Solari's%20Miser%20Miracle Click the demo link to see the demo. Also I noticed if you order now there is Free Shipping till the end of September.
Its on my list. Looks really good.
This is a fantastic misers dream. Everyone, adults, kids, love the surprise ending.

Bob did a fantastic job on this!
Its on my list also.
On my list now too..
I find the slamming down on the rim of the cup to be very odd. Why would you slam your hand down hard like that every time instead of dropping it in? I think the hand position of the hand producing the coin looks strange as well. Unfortunately I think the presentation and ending give away the method to any logical thinker. Just my 2 cents.
You do not have to slam your hand down as he does in the video. I actually take the coin and my fingers with the coin goes down in the cup. Solari is just showing one way to do it. For what you get the price is great and this gives you a sleight free version with a surprise ending. I know this version works and works great - I use it for kids shows and family shows and it is perfect.
What do you want for $25!!
I don't use one of the gimmicks and just use basic sleights to do it. If you can't do those sleights, the gimmick works great.

When doing it as shows for young'ins, I test their math skills and have them count the coins and tell me how many are in the cup. They scream when the big coin comes out. I always give that away to the birthday person.
Great effect. Over 10,000 sold since released proves it's a long standing worker still being sold today, years after 1st released.
One of Bob's best.
I use this even for walk around before my stand up show on the ship. Gets some great reactions! So easy to do and no one has ever questioned anything. The gimmick is so well made. I have dropped the gimmick a few times and still is just like new. If you ever wanted to do this effect I highly recommend this- you won't be disappointed!

RNK
[quote]
On 2013-09-22 06:55, Paul Rathbun wrote:
I find the slamming down on the rim of the cup to be very odd. Why would you slam your hand down hard like that every time instead of dropping it in? I think the hand position of the hand producing the coin looks strange as well. Unfortunately I think the presentation and ending give away the method to any logical thinker. Just my 2 cents.
[/quote]

Paul- this goes down great every time. The slamming of the hand gets overlooked and has never drawn any suspicion. After a while of doing it- you get the feel for the move of "dropping" the coin in the cup and it really doesn't look like slamming of the hand. When I am doing this, even the adults watching are fooled! You just see huge smiles every time another coin is produced and then an even bigger smile when the Big One drops out! I must say- I was a little apprehensive at first too but from the first time I performed with it I knew I would use it as much as I can.

RNK
Ordered mine last night.YIPEE...
I got this. I was disappointed in the cup. It's just a Soup can type, not looking like the one in his ad and demo. It doesn't take away from the effect I guess, but I was surprised. I can buy another "pail" I guess....

As far as the effect. It's good. Very easy for sure. It leaves you room to have fun.

I agree that the "slamming" of the hand doesn't take away from the effect at all. If you're having fun with it and your audience is too, it is not an issue at all. And the jumbo coin is really cool!
[quote]
On 2013-09-24 02:10, mikenewman wrote:
I got this. I was disappointed in the cup. It's just a Soup can type, not looking like the one in his ad and demo. It doesn't take away from the effect I guess, but I was surprised. I can buy another "pail" I guess....

As far as the effect. It's good. Very easy for sure. It leaves you room to have fun.

I agree that the "slamming" of the hand doesn't take away from the effect at all. If you're having fun with it and your audience is too, it is not an issue at all. And the jumbo coin is really cool!

[/quote]

You are right Mike- I forgot to mention that- I was surprised to that the cup that came with it looks a lot cheaper than the one in the video. But I agree to that it doesn't take away from the effect. Just a shame that Bob shows a nice pail on the video then ships a cheaper looking one.

RNK
Maybe the cups he gets changes depending on the availability to him. The biggest thing is the jumbo coin has to fit the bottom of the cup.
I was seriously considering this but the can being different than the one in the demo..has put me off...Does anyone have a photo of the can they received that's not like the one in the demo...I thought it looked nice...does he sell the coin producing gimmick separately?
Gimmick is not sold separately. I received ( years ago) same can originally sold so not sure what the new ones look like. Still very well worth the price and if really necessary (not) you can supply a can. Remember that the can is not magical, it is simply a receptacle to drop the coins in.
Erm, yeah. Except maybe some people like to use nice props, no?
[quote]
On 2013-09-24 14:05, tomsk192 wrote:
[/quote]

Agreed yes, but when it becomes a prop, it takes away from the magic.
I love this one. The can looks good enough to look like a nice can. ? It's not going to be handed out and inspected and judged for it's quality. I did this at a birthday party for my first group performance with it and it was really fun. The parents had fun playing along with the productions and laughing at the "cute" trick with the children until I produced the big coin and then their eyes popped open wider than the kids! lol It got genuine applause from the parents. I'm considering using the sleights like Zombie says, but it also works fine as is.
As I re-think this and look at it again closely:

It isn't a soup can for sure. It is actually way better than what I was remembering.
I fully apologize for my "soup" can comment... I wish I could delete that post.

It is thicker and does work like a charm.
And as Mr. Lawton points out; it's not going to be handed out. Although, you very well could. Nothing to find anyways. But very good point.
It doesn't take a hard hit with the hand at all to hear the coins. Just a quick tap really.

You can't beat this one for the super low price.

I REALLY wish I could delete my post!!!
I have done that with e-mail too! Typed it up right away, with no thought.
So again, I am sorry for my misleading comment.
OK. I just re-read this one. Good to go!!! :)

Respectively,
Mike Newman
The bumps in the bottom of the can make all the difference.Bob offers a different routine also.--Rev Bill
[quote]
On 2013-09-24 16:45, Rizzo wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-09-24 14:05, tomsk192 wrote:
[/quote]

Agreed yes, but when it becomes a prop, it takes away from the magic.
[/quote]

Not quite sure what you mean, Rizzo, but I think we're on the same page. When I say 'prop', I mean theatrical prop. Like a chair, or table or rug, whatever appears on stage, magical or not! I do agree that there should be [i]no heat[/i] on the bucket used in a Miser's Dream routine.

Best,

Tom
Tom, yes we are in agreement, absolutely.
Just to add my 2 cents I love it and my metal "pail" is as in video . But I understand sometimes things have to change due to changes from a supplier.
Received mine today.My pail is also very nice
with a black rim on top.I had to modify my gimmick
to fit my big hand.After that it worked fine.I really
like this a lot.
Todd
Also the method used allows you to be very creative. I mean you do not necessarily have to use the supplied pail .just a thought.
The more I use this the
more I love it.
Todd
[quote]
On 2013-09-25 21:47, bowers wrote:
Received mine today.My pail is also very nice
with a black rim on top.I had to modify my gimmick
to fit my big hand.After that it worked fine.I really
like this a lot.
Todd
[/quote]

That's the one I have. I can't think of a better way to do the Miser's Dream ( for me ).
Greetings and Salutations,

I've had this for years. Used it a few times. I'm redoing my show, and it's going back in because it's fast and easy while I work on perfecting a sleight-of-hand version so I can incorporate a handful of coins into a follow-up routine. But, for the time being, Solari's routine/props perfectly suits my purposes. It packs as small as can be, looks good, is easy to perform, and allows the me to concentrate on presentation. And it's $25!

Just my $.02 (USD) worth. YMMV.

Joe Zeman aka
The Mage Ulysses