(Close Window)
Topic: Tricks with post it notes?
Are there any good ones out there? I've been kinda obsessed with mini post its lately....I put together a torn and restored idea together, but I think it would be awesome to have an entire routine on just a small pad of post-its! All ideas are welcome :)
I'm sure there are some mentalism effects you could do with post-its.

Dough (Jay Sankey) where pencil penetrates a bank note/bill with the use of a post-it

In "Magic: The Complete Course" (Joshua Jay) there is a "bending spoon" effect with a spoon drawn on a post it - I can think of half a dozen variations off the top of my head using the same method.

Magic Square

Paper balls over head

The old bar bet where you can bend a cigarette completely in half using a banknote (substituting the bank note/bill with a post it note)

Have a spectator draw a coin on it and produce the coin from the picture….

I’m sure there are loads more but these are just some I come up with off the top of my head.
A quick list from me also off the top of my own head: A marketed effect (and a very good one!) called "But Not Here" by Mark Elsdon and Elmwood Magic uses the 2x2 (actually 1-7/8 x 1-7/8) Post-It notes for both the prediction and the reveal.

There are lots of mentalism effects possible, effects in which drawings move/change/transform/vanish using Frixion pens, T&R using Post-Its (someone has a show-closing Torn & Restored Post-In on one of their videos - I could be wrong but I think it was Richard Osterlind but if not, it was another mentalist). There is an effect called "Calcutta Mystery" in a book by Kaplan called 'The Fine Art of Magic" than can use Post-Its, and that routine directly inspired a John Bannon effect called "Oh Calcutta" which does use Post-Its.

One can also use them for billet work as the Bannon effect does.

If you make up your own Mental Epic pad for a close-up work, the notes can be used as prediction covers. If you fold the notes right they can also be used like a set of Rice Papers for a coin fold.

I hope these ideas are useful to you!
Check out a small book put out by Steve Schrott.
Julian "Bev" Moore has an Ebook devoted entirely to Post-its - "Post Justify".

Barry
Oh yes, I had forgotten about "Post Justify" - worth a look if you can find it!
Here ya go http://thecoldreadingcompany.co.uk/coldreading/store?Itemid=111&option=com_rokecwid&view=ecwid&ecwid_product_id=9271748#ecwid:category=0&mode=product&product=9271748
Josh Jay has a pen thru bill using a post it note in Magic The Complete Course.
Kostya Kimlat has a great CD-ROM call "Post-It Prestidigitation"

http://www.kostyamagic.com/products/nocards.php

My favourite is the shopping list trick.
It's possible to use a nail writer inside a Post-It note folded in four