(Close Window)
Topic: Hi from Utah!
Hi, my name is Dallas. I've practiced magic off and on throughout my years, mostly as a kid, but then every few years I come back to it as a kid at heart. I don't think I'm terribly interested in working toward paying gigs, since by interest waxes and wanes, but I just enjoy learning and fooling my friends at parties, at work, and whatnot. Recently I've been interested in mentalism and have been spending a bit of time with that as well with various dvds and books. So much incredible stuff out there. I'm planning to go to Mindvention next year, since I just barely found out about a few days ago. I hope over the next year to put together a well polished 20min routine that I can pull out of my hat when I see an opprotunity.

My primary interest is in writing, literature, history. Though I work for an engineering company during the day, I do some freelance writing in my off hours, and I'm spending time working on some fiction. I'm finding magic as an interesting lens to view the writing process and reader expectations - really has actually given my lots to think about. Also, really enjoying magic history and theory. As an avid book collector, magic may become another dangerous book obsession.
Welcome Dallas Robbins,

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict (sadly) that I see a drop in your bank account in your future.

Have fun.

-Mary Mowder
I'm afraid your prediction will be quite accurate. :)