(Close Window)
Topic: Radio Active Sneak Peak-Titanas
Hey guys.. Titanas has been working on this solid effect for a very long time now and had decided to share it with everyone!!!...I am soooooo excited for this release as I plan on using it on television in a few months!!!!!!!Here is a sneak peak vid-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4ZO-ZAkD3g&feature=youtu.be
Here is a full performance of the effect in action!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr7VQFA79Z0&feature=youtu.be
I have never been more excited about an effect as much as for this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[quote]
On 2013-11-02 21:18, WeiserSide1 wrote:
I have never been more excited about an effect as much as for this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

The proof of excitement is in the extraordinary number of exclamation marks. I can't wait for this release.
I'll bet they need to tune their radio to 88.3
James
ps
I was working on this same effect about 2 years ago.
Will this work with any phone app like Pandora radio I heart radio...dunno who else listens to regular radio
[quote]
On 2013-11-02 22:24, Xiqual wrote:
I'll bet they need to tune their radio to 88.3
James
ps
I was working on this same effect about 2 years ago.
[/quote]

Actually in the full performance video the frequency is 95.4 :)

[quote]
On 2013-11-02 22:50, MagicBrent wrote:
Will this work with any phone app like Pandora radio I heart radio...dunno who else listens to regular radio
[/quote]

To me the effect will be much stronger if it uses a real radio and not a web based radio.
There are still many options like cars, android phones, coffee shops etc.

I am very impressed from both of the videos.

MP
I believe it WOULD be better and more impossible to have it on a real radio than any internet based app radio.
A friend and I used to use something like this to black-out the movie audio at the drive-in.
You could decide the frequency at will.
So you just match it to what they were already set to.

I don't know anything about this effect, but the device people are hinting at has evolved a bit.

L
Imagine doing this effect on a bus ride with the bus full of people..it would blow Greyhound away! =)
Titanas showed to me few weeks ago, is a great concept and a very reliable product, you can really freak the people out with this! :)
An audience would be as amazed and clueless as I was. WOW!
Anyone know the Price, do I have to start telling my wife lies again ?
You mean you stopped for a while George?
:rotf: @ Stephen
Something that powerful is illegal by FCC standards.
James
[quote]
On 2013-11-02 23:40, lokikross wrote:
A friend and I used to use something like this to black-out the movie audio at the drive-in.
You could decide the frequency at will.
So you just match it to what they were already set to.

L
[/quote]
[quote]
On 2013-11-03 17:48, Xiqual wrote:
James
[quote]

No. It isn't.

You must not understand what he is saying. They had an FM transmitter that they could select the frequency on. They will broadcast over any unused frequency. You will not be able to override the broadcast stations but you will be able to interfere with the FM transmission the drive-in theater is sending out.

Neither one is illegal unless it exceeds a certain distance. I think it's about the length of a footbal field.

A lot of the cheap FM transmitters let you select from a couple different frequencies. Try it yourself. Pull out your old Mr. Microphone and head on over to the drive-in.

ⱭD
Ok, xiqual, no more performing on planes :)
Stephen, just saw your post, it wont matter she never believes the prices I tell her anyway.
Dear friends,
Thanks for your interest in our new upcoming release.
Radio active will be available in 2-3 weeks.
The retail price will be $49.99 and it comes with a custom manufactured gimmick and a DVD.
Inside the DVD we also provide professionally made audio files of Radio Dj's announcing card selections and esp selections.
We also provide some great sounds for seances.
Best regards,
Titanas
Wow!!! Thanks for the info Titanas! I am very excited for this release!!!!!!<<<------The excitement is in the exclamations!
I was quoting Loki. He said they had a transmitter that blocked out the sound of the drive in.
James

[quote]
On 2013-11-03 18:04, D0N DASHER wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-11-03 17:48, Xiqual wrote:
James
[quote]

No. It isn't.

You must not understand what he is saying. They had an FM transmitter that they could select the frequency on. They will broadcast over any unused frequency. You will not be able to override the broadcast stations but you will be able to interfere with the FM transmission the drive-in theater is sending out.

Neither one is illegal unless it exceeds a certain distance. I think it's about the length of a footbal field.

A lot of the cheap FM transmitters let you select from a couple different frequencies. Try it yourself. Pull out your old Mr. Microphone and head on over to the drive-in.

ⱭD
[/quote]
2 - 3 weeks, cant wai
This could be really cool.
[quote]
On 2013-11-04 05:39, Titanas wrote:
Dear friends,
Thanks for your interest in our new upcoming release.
Radio active will be available in 2-3 weeks.
The retail price will be $49.99 and it comes with a custom manufactured gimmick and a DVD.
Inside the DVD we also provide professionally made audio files of Radio Dj's announcing card selections and esp selections.
We also provide some great sounds for seances.
Best regards,
Titanas
[/quote]

So the promo isn't quite correct when it says: 'think of ANY song'

From your quote, it sounds more like: 'choose a song from THIS list'.

No disrespect meant, of course, but think of ANY song is quite different from choose from 'THIS list of x songs'.

And there's nothing in the demo which suggests a pre-described list -- quite the opposite in fact.

This looks like a great effect...you had me fooled until I concluded the demo missed out the kinda important 'restricted choice' thing.

If I'm wrong, please slap me down. I was thinking of 'Meat is murder', by The Smiths by the way. Would that have been possible if I were your impromptu demo dolly?

Cheers, Steve
Dear Steve,
What you saw in the full performance video is exactly what happened, we didn't hide anything and that was a free selection without cards involved.
Although in the DVD we cover more ways of selecting a song, some of them are using cards but not in that case.
To reply to you if I was performing the effect for you "meat is murder" would play :)
What got you confused was probably what I said about the radio dj's card revelatiion or esp revelation that this is obviously a force.
Best regards,
Titanas
[quote]
On 2013-11-04 19:43, Titanas wrote:
Dear Steve,
What you saw in the full performance video is exactly what happened, we didn't hide anything and that was a free selection without cards involved.
Although in the DVD we cover more ways of selecting a song, some of them are using cards but not in that case.
To reply to you if I was performing the effect for you "meat is murder" would play :)
What got you confused was probably what I said about the radio dj's card revelatiion or esp revelation that this is obviously a force.
Best regards,
Titanas
[/quote]

So you could play any song called for without any prior knowledge of what song they are going to name? That's what it seems like you're describing
Yes, This is what I am saying :)
There was no preshow or edit out in that demonstration.
Best regards,
Titanas
[quote]
On 2013-11-04 19:55, Titanas wrote:
Yes, This is what I am saying :)
There was no preshow or edit out in that demonstration.
Best regards,
Titanas
[/quote]

Then I think you have a miracle on your hands.

I, for one, will wait for a few reviews. Not that I doubt you, I've just been burned in the past. :)
Great decision MagicMaddy :)
Best regards,
Titanas
[quote]
On 2013-11-02 21:16, WeiserSide1 wrote:
Here is a full performance of the effect in action!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr7VQFA79Z0&feature=youtu.be
[/quote]

Titanas, do the full performance as on thsi video, would you require an accomplice, or is this always done with no assistance?

Kam
Dear Kam,
I can't go into too much specific detail just yet (we must protect the intellectual property)
but I can say that the DVD comes with many different ways to perform the effect,
some which can be performed solo, and some which can be performed with a bit of extra help,
but not in an obvious way. Your help doesn't even have to be there!

Best regards,
Titanas
I am one of the very privileged people to have discussed Radioactive at great length with Titanas and have a full understanding of how this works.

In regards to the video in question, it is simple. The spectator can name literally any song (I always enjoy it more when it is a really obscure song) and that song will play. No fishing, no pre-show, no restrictions on what they can choose.

It really is THAT clean.

Thanks,
Mark
How many predetermined songs are available to be played or picked from if performed with no helper?
I think the concept of having any song at the ready is fascinating. I look forward to it.

And James, the device I used is like DD said. It is simple.

This one seems to take over broadcast stations, so I have never seen anything like that.
It is surely powerful.

And for the price, I would try it.
Even if to just play any song I want at any time, anywhere. That alone is worth some coin. :)
(My car has no MP3 input :P)

L
I think I replied more than I should, lets keep some mystery.
I am sure everybody's questions will be replied when the item hits the market.
From now I won't be replying to any more questions that have to do with the method to protect the intellectual property.
it is always amazes me how serious can people be for magic tricks, a few posts before I ve been accused that I wanted to deceive
even though I was openly replying questions. Like I would ever put my reputation on jeopardy just to get a few more sales.
Just trying to make informed decisions. To many times the hype is misleading. I think this is a valid question How many predetermined songs are available to be played or picked from if performed with no helper?
Why would you want to avoid this question? It is a fair question.
Dear Magicbyswh,
It is not a simple question but I ll try to reply the best I can.
Depending to which SOLO version you chose from the DVD it can be 1 to hundreds.
Just to remove some mystery, you can go to someone with a big pack of business cards with different songs
written on the cards and he can chose any card without any force and that song will play.
This is one of the things you can do. I still prefer the no cards version.

Best regards,
Titanas
I love this idea and a few years ago I would have jumped right on it. My problem with it now is who carries around a radio anymore? It seems to me that outside of the car most people are listening to MP3s players or internet radio. Even in my car I listen to sattelite, or have paired my phone to my car radio via Bluetooth to listen to my favorite MP3s or internet radio. My phone won't even tune FM frequencies. And I can't remember the last time I listened to FM

I hope that I am wrong but radio frequencies for music and news seems to be on its last leg. I think Titanas has been reasonably forthcoming and I hope it does well for him but for me, I just don't know of anyone listening to FM or AM its all Pandora our something similar.

Tatanas I hope you do some querys before outlaying too much capital in manufacturing this. At least here in the USA I am not sure how many opportunities we magicians would have to perform this.

Im not trying to be negative just realistic. I hope you understand I am just trying to voice my concern before you spend a bunch on marketing and manufacturing.
Dear Dannicus,
Thank you for your post. You have some really valid points.
Here is how I overcome some of these issues that you 've mentioned.
Performing this effect for that long, I could always use someone with an android phones, 90% of the android phones have an FM radio on them.
I don't really care if they ever use the radio in their real life as in my patter I explain that I believe I discovered a glitch in our system and this glitch activates
thru FM radio frequencies. Also appart from the android market, there are many people that use radio in their car and its my favorite effect to perfrom for taxi drivers :)
There are also many coffee shops around the world that play radio or at least they have a radio device.
Best regards,
Titanas
[quote]
On 2013-11-04 20:30, Magic.Maddy wrote:

I, for one, will wait for a few reviews. Not that I doubt you, I've just been burned in the past. :)
[/quote]

No way that THAT ever happens here!
It does seem like you need an assistant to be sure that whatever song is chosen can be played. But- if you don't have the assistant ready- it seems you can always fall back on the old, "well that's a cool song. Now- I just want to ask you- look at all these cards with songs written on them. If you had any choice which would you like to hear if you had your radio playing? As a matter of fact- turn on your radio on your phone and tune into 95.4". They select a song and tune their radio in and it's done. Still pretty strong IMO especially if you can have a list of 100 songs. Though- valid points have been posted about the readiness of a radio being present on one's phone. I don't perform much if any magic in a car so I feel that's not a good selling point.

RNK
Quote " I don't perform much if any magic in a car so I feel that's not a good selling point " :) :) :) :)
[quote]
On 2013-11-06 09:05, Titanas wrote:
Dear Dannicus,
Also appart from the android market, there are many people that use radio in their car and its my favorite effect to perfrom for taxi drivers :)

Best regards,
Titanas
[/quote]

Sounds like a very good effect. But I assuem you never ride taxis in New York.
Oh I did like a month ago :)
[quote]
On 2013-11-06 09:05, Titanas wrote:
Dear Dannicus,
Thank you for your post. You have some really valid points.
Here is how I overcome some of these issues that you 've mentioned.
Performing this effect for that long, I could always use someone with an android phones, 90% of the android phones have an FM radio on them.
I don't really care if they ever use the radio in their real life as in my patter I explain that I believe I discovered a glitch in our system and this glitch activates
thru FM radio frequencies. Also appart from the android market, there are many people that use radio in their car and its my favorite effect to perfrom for taxi drivers :)
There are also many coffee shops around the world that play radio or at least they have a radio device.
Best regards,
Titanas
[/quote]

Fair enough Titanas,

Like I said I was just trying to be the voice of reason. None of my Android Based phones in the last 3 years have had FM.... much to my dismay I might add.... when I tried to tune my phone it to FM at the Drive In Theatre recently I was frustrated to find out that the European phones had the FM chip but not in the USA. I wanted to get the FM frequency and play it over my Bluetooth speaker while sitting behind my car.... it was a bummer.

You seem like an honorable and nice guy and I hope it works out well for you. It stinks because I would love to do this in a coffee shop! That would be amazing to magically play a prediction over the coffee shop's radio on command. Unfortunately I visited four of them close by today and they were either playing their own house music or Internet radio.

I suspect people in the USA will have a challenging time finding the right curcumstance to use this and it's a shame too. SO MUCH POTENTIAL but just a few years too late here in California at least I fear.

All the best brother....
Dannicus
Thank you very much Dannicus :)
All the best to you too!

Titanas
I've spoken with Titanas about this in great detail. From my point of view, the most important element to an effect, of course, is how the spectator perceives and remembers it. This effect to a lay audience is absolutely mind blowing. As for the methods, Titanus has provided a number of ways of achieving the effect, depending on your performing environment. Each methods lends itself to each performing environment and depending on which method you choose can make the effect look super clean or a little bit less clean. However, I really don't think it matters [i]that much[/i] which method you choose, as the spectators will only remember the principal idea to the effect in the long run. Also, with the correct scripting and patter, if you do have to choose the least clean looking method, it will seem entirely fair and clean.

Overall, this is a brilliant idea for an effect and Titanus has actually come up with a practical & performable method for all environments. I think we need to stop thinking as magicians and remember how important the effect is.

Really, really good work, Titanus!
Thanks guys :)
I am sure you are going to have a lot of fun performing it.

Best regards,
Titanas
Titanus is this out yet, or is it anywhere available for preorder?

M P
I cannot wait for this! I was toying with a similar thing a few months back, but could not get it this clean.

Great video demos, Titanas!

I will certainly be using this. I love the coffee shop presentation with an old fashion style radio.

Don't worry about the people fishing for methods, some people just don't have etiquette these days. Shame really. - But fair play for answering questions you didn't need to answer! I think the performance video is spot on.
MPitcher,
I am not sure about pre-order yet, the product will hit the dealers in about 2 weeks.

Marc,
Thank you very much :)

Best regards,
Titanas
Message: Posted by: DeeChristopherMagic (Nov 11, 2013 07:18AM)
I can't wait for this - Looks right up my alley.

DC
There you go guys:

http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=52594

Best regards,
Titanas
Titanas showed me an early demo for this, and I liked what I saw. It actually threw me for a loop; I couldn't quite figure it out. Regardless of method, focus on the EFFECT this would have on a spectator... Pretty powerful stuff...

Looking forward to playing with this.

Sf
That's a miracle I'm blown away by this what a great effect I'm having one thanks for the honest

Vid was brill

K
:)
Thanks guys!
I was in Italy for Luca's Merlin award ceremony and RadioActive killed!
It is currently at the replicator so very soon will be available thru your magic dealer :)

Best regards,
Titanas
I can't wait to get this, this literally fits my performance style perfectly! My head is going crazy with different ideas to use this for!
Message: Posted by: Perseus Arkomanis (Nov 25, 2013 03:20PM)
People,
I just had a long Skype call with Titanas which involved demonstrations and answers (I know the guy so don't ask for a free skype call to all of you just to let you know how the thingy works)
I too had all the questions and worries that most of you have (I say "most" because some of those are pretty outrageous :))
I assure you that Radio Active is what is says to be.
Either with cards and a free choice, either with a completely free choice, either with more ideas on the dvd. It is a Miracle!
It can be any frequency, can be any song and the result is true magic.
A lot of you are worried about the "assistant version". Well, the man said it...the assistant can be in ANOTHER PLACE OF THE PLANET!
I think of it like this: I'm alone, I perform the card version and kill it (it still is a free choice!No forcing)...When I wanna kill the special somebody entirely, I just send a text to any friend of mine who is at home and let them know of the assistance. THE ASISTANT DOESN'T EVEN HAS TO KNOW ON WHAT HE IS HELPING!
I think it's a great trick! Bravo to both Drusko and Titanas for this!
I'm getting this ASAP!
Hope everyone who gets it has a great time with it!
Waiting for it to arrive, I can see many ways of using it.
Ordered mine too. Crazy talent as always mr Titanas!
Thanks guys :)

Just a few more days and then its live :)
Secure your copy, the first batch is kind of limited and it will take some time from the suppliers for the second batch.

Best regards,
Titanas
Btw,
I had some people asking where they can find the preorder of RadioActive.
I know that Hocus Pocus has it: http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?p=25477
I am sure though that a google search will reveal more dealers.

Best regards,
Titanas
Titanus - Where is it???

M P
It's finally out :)

Best regards,
Titanas
How does it work with a card revelation rather than a song from an FM station Titanas. Ask someone to think of a card and ???????
Appreciate any info
[quote]
On 2013-12-09 16:42, takeachance wrote:
How does it work with a card revelation rather than a song from an FM station Titanas. Ask someone to think of a card and ???????
Appreciate any info
[/quote]

Dear Takeachance,
The way we show it on the DVD is with two selections.
They select a song and a playing card, they go to the radio, the song plays near the end, when the song finishes we hear the professional DJ (Not the real one obviously) say: "Wow what a great song, by the way, I don't know why I am saying this but somebody is thinking of the (name of card), we ll be right back after the commercial break"
In the DVD we provide card revelations, ESP and a few sounds that are great for seances.

With a little thought you can do it without the need of the two selections.
Obviously the card or esp needs to be forced but this is a common thing in card revelations.

Best regards,
Titanas
That sounds absolutely amazing.Thanks for the reply.
Guys, you all know that Titanas is a good friend of mine, BUT I honeslty say that this is a product with a LOT of possibilities.
I have just used this for a triple prediction and it killed!
This will be easy the best product of the 2013 :)
I'm looking forward to getting this and have just listed it at Saturn Magic, if all goes well with the post it should be with us tomorrow!

Check it out here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/radioactive-dvd-and-gimmick-by-drusko-and-titanas.html
I just finished watching the DVD and played a bit with the gimmick.
First impression is, this thing screams quality, from the box, the DVD, the custom made gimmick and the additional packaging.
Unboxing was kinda like an iPhone moment.
Regarding the effect itself, so far I am very impressed with how well thought out everything is. I really liked all of the versions included and I can see why Titanus prefers the free selection of the song. I would never have thought that someone could do such a thing with the gimmick..
Very clever!
I will come back with a more detailed review when I get to perform it.

MP
Its a great effect!
Radio Active has a very creative trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT0XMI6Z-ws#t=61

My sources from beyond say.............

[i]Radio Active will be a big success with mentalists world-wide and offer the amateur the opportunity to be viewed as a master of the mind[/i]

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/3345215381/050be4fd58532207cf7d064e598a5a39.png[/img]
Can we used other language other English for the revealation. I mean can we adapt the voice that spectator hear? or limited only in english?
Thanks guys,
I am glad you enjoying RadioActive so far :)

Regarding the languages, in the DVD we provide the revelations in English but as long as you can record an mp3 file you can use any messages in any language.

Best regards,
Titanas
I had the pleasure to see this live yesterday from a fellow and all I have to say is that it ROCKS!!!

The song appears to be and IS a disgustingly free selection that leaves no clue regarding the way it happened ,combining it also with the fact that the performer appears to do nothing rather than organically waving his hand over the radio.

This is too good to be true yet it is true!

I can not wait getting this in my hands and using it.
I have now performed it a few times and I love it!
This is probably one of my best purchases ever.
The effect is so impossible that gives me some of the best reactions I ve ever got.
I prefer the free selection because it adds even more to the impossibility.
Watching the trailer, for some reason I was expecting less, there is way more than my initial thoughts.
Congratulations to Titanus and Drusko for such a quality effect.

M P
Titanus? :)
Can this effect be done one-on-one on a spectator over the phone?

Regards,
Mike
Dear Pitcher,
I am glad you enjoy the effect.

Dear Insight,
No RadioActive can't be done over the phone, it's made as a close up or parlor effect.

Best regards,
Titanas
This is without doubt one of the best effects I have ever bought. The product is absolutely faultless and solid. As a previous reviewer has stated it does feel like you're unboxing an iPhone.
I had a friend round this morning who was helping me out with a bit of DIY (total sceptic). I wrote up at least 20 cards with Christmas songs on and had him choose one, totally free selection. I then gave him my prediction and asked him not to open it until we walked out to his car, my thinking was that I wanted it to be his radio where the magic happened, and him to actually tune it in. As soon as he opened the prediction, and I quote, "oh F*** off, are you telling me that if I tune into this frequency my song will be playing"? I remained silent. He literally ran to his car and tuned in, and there it was. I won't repeat his actual words but I've had at least 5 calls since with his theories, and one from his wife begging me to tell him how I did it because she's fed up of listening to him go on about it. One theory was that I'd set up my own radio station. Another was that I'd forced the card on him (which I so obviously didn't) and that there's a radio station set up to play his particular song on loop all day. I've never had so much fun, this is excellent and so simple.
I feel I have to respond to some earlier posts about the free selection. It totally can be a free selection from a deck of cards with "song names" like any other card trick. The fact that the choice is limited to say 20-30 songs (or however many you want to make) should not detract from the effect. I suppose that you could have a TOTALLY free selection but you would have to use an accomplice who has a spotify account or something. Titanus, if you feel I have revealed too much then please let me know and I will remove this post.
The point I'm trying to make though is that the selection process, free or otherwise is totally forgotten once they tune their radio in and hear the song they selected. They think it's MAGIC, and totally screws with their mind lol! I cannot rave about this enough. I bought "the 100th monkey" last week as well which is another mind f****r! Put both of these effects together and you've got reputation maker written all over it.
[quote]
On 2013-12-13 18:58, lucavolpe wrote:
Titanus? :)
[/quote]

lol sorry it's a difficult name....

p.s: The more I perform it the more I love it.

M P
I just had to post this here publicly. I have had a few questions regarding this effect, I sent a PMs to Titanas and they were answered almost immediately. He answered my questions with total honesty , a pleasure to do buisiness with. I have been doing something similar for the last three years or so and he answered all my questions, which put my mind at rest.
I am now awaiting delivery of Radio Active and will write a review when it arrives. If only we got the same treatment from all dealers. Again , it was a pleasure to do buisiness with him and I can only recommend him in the highest terms, well done.
Does anybody know whether the sound comes out of the radio itself or out of the gimmick ?
[quote]
On 2013-12-15 17:04, nanaswan wrote:
Does anybody know whether the sound comes out of the radio itself or out of the gimmick ?
[/quote]

The sound is coming out of the radio, that is what makes this so good as there is no way you could mess with their radio in advance.
Thanks for the info Mark
... after hearing such good things about this.. (on here and other people/places)..i reckon I gotta get myself one of these.. OR titanas could send me one for a sneaky TV spot ?... :P...

:P:P:P....loool
Don't have this yet but it's at the top of my wish list. As far as concerns about people not having regular FM radios, if performing a formal show I would purchase a cheap radio for this effect and give it away to the participant at the end. This will negate any ideas they may have of the radio being gimmicked and you wouldn't have to worry about whether someone has a radio with them. You could also have the event coordinator or someone bring a radio with them instead but I think giving one away is a nice touch.
Works even in the radio on mobile phones...guys,this is crazy good!
The only problem is most mobiles don't have radios unless you download an app . I phones don't at least other than apps , looks a great effect though IMO
I purchased a small radio in a local shop for 4 Euros, it works perfect, you can find them cheap on the auction sites.
Mmm I was sweating to find a fm sender for the superb effect from lebanon magic: Spirit Voices.
I guess I got here the proverbial "2 birds with one stone" :)

I found different gimmick to attach to the iphone to use it as a fm sender, but the whole thing is bulky, it's not reliable and it's not made with the mentalism audience in mind.

Finally, thanks Titanas!
I also got a cheap small radio this way I am always ready to go regardless they have a radio on them.
The reactions are out of this world!

M P
Hey guys, this is my first time making a review of a product in the Café.

The gimmick of RadioActive is small enough to fit in your pocket. It has great quality. Works with any FM radio frequency. You can recharge the battery of the gimmick, so it should work for a lifetime. You don't need refills or anything like that.

Radio Active is a GREAT effect, I love it! This is going to be my closer for my parlour show (yeah it's that good). Also you can use it in a car as a 'gag', telling a friend that you want to here the song 'Imagine' by John Lennon and in that moment that song begins to play in the radio (it could be ANY song, 'Imagine' by John Lennon was an example). The DVD comes with some funny audios (because you can use two of them to scare someone; not because the audios make you laugh). This gimmick has MANY possibilities, trust me, you are going to like it.

Congratulations to Drusko and Titanas, RadioActive is going to be a best-seller

Regards,

Jorge Betancourt
Just got this it's brillant thinking and we'll pagaged I'm of to buy a radio for tonight I can't wait it reeks of wonder I can't wait to perform this
Just performed this in the post mans van it killed can't wait to do this tonight

It rocks
My quote on this photo basically sums up this AWESOMENESS!!!!!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1531646_10200987942520689_1165256700_o.jpg
Thank you all guys,
So far I am thrilled from the enormous response that RadioActive is getting.
Best regards,
Titanas
I finally got round to ordered this last week, and received it this morning. Quick first thought review:

The packaging is great. I was honestly expecting a larger box, with a bigger gimmick! I'm glad I was wrong!

The custom made gimmick is very small. It will be almost unnoticeable in your pocket, with whatever you already carry. It also weighs very little.

I've watched the DVD through twice now. It covers everything you need to know about using the gimmick, as well as some great routines.
The quality on the DVD is fantastic, and very easy to understand.

I can't wait to perform this!

To everyone that saw the trailer and thought, like me, that there was no way it was that clean... It really can be performed THAT clean!
Just got mines today and performed this twice and both times jaws dropped. The gimmick is fantastic , the DVD is very well made, the packaging looks cool. And titanas helped me out with any questions I had very quickly which is great. There's so much to do with this I can't wait to do a seance performance with this. Thank you titanas I will enjoy this very much can't put this down lol.
I might have to get my hands on this.
Just ordered. This just looks awesome. So many ideas are running through my head right now. Can't wait for this to arrive. :)
It's brillant get it such a great trick my fave buy this year
Excellent trick I never thought for just over 30 quid I'd be getting an electronic gimmick,Well done Titanas on two counts, the effect and value for money
Could anyone advise on what IPhone app they are using that enables you to scan for stations
Thanks
No I don't agree this is value for money.....I can buy the gimmick (the exact same one) for £5 from ebay?

How is this value for money? so £5 for the gimmick which is NOT manufactured for this trick and the £35 for a dvd with a few ideas?

I am getting sick snd tired of magicians making out they have develped something amazing when they have clearly bought a gismo....done a few routines and then put together an EXCLUSIVE PACKAGE??

Sorry I just don't get it?
DrJohn,
In the DVD I explain what exactly we have modified in the device.

I hope this helps,
Best regards,
Titanas
The range of these devices is 10 meters??? so how has the one supplied been altered to give it further range???

this is deception in advertising!!!
Me and DrJohn we have already come to an agreement and I have explained to him what has been modified about the RadioActive device.

Best regards,
Titanas
Thank you for all the support guys, I'm really happy to share this with the magic community, I'm pretty sure that you'll love it! Thanks to Titanas for helping me to release RadioActive and for putting effort to the project.

I want to share with you the first review in Penguin!
[quote]
On 2013-12-22 16:08, Drusko wrote:
Thank you for all the support guys, I'm really happy to share this with the magic community, I'm pretty sure that you'll love it! Thanks to Titanas for helping me to release RadioActive and for putting effort to the project.

I want to share with you the first review in Penguin!
[/quote]

While it may be a very good item, I am always critical about the reliability and credibility of reviews that claim the effect has been mastered and performed in the very same day that it was received.
I know the series of effects work well, I have been using this for several decades. I did not know the cell phones had radios in them, that is the advancement to this process since my publication of it in 2009.

I wish Titanas and Drusko well, but wish proper research and crediting had been done on this item (I already said this to Titanas).

Titanas told me about the custom made/modified gimmick that is included, which seems like an excellent addition.

Tony Iacoviello
Dear Tony,
I already told you that we did a massive research and nobody knew of anything similar.

Tony was kind enough to send me the page from the book his effect was part.
It looked great , I guess they are right when they say "if you want to hide something, write it in a book"

Best regards,
Titanas
Hi magicinsight I was the one who wrote that review, yes I performed it almost right out the box but only because I was so eager to perform this I closed my room door and practiced for abit until I came up with a routine and new I had it down packed. To perform this is not hard at all there's many ways to go with this. Once I got my routine worked out I came out my room sat my family down in living room performed and got insane reactions after that I stepped out went to my friends house did the same and once again the look on their face with disbelief is great. Like I said I'm not leaving home without this and can't wait to try this in a car. Hopefully this helped in some way magicinsight.
This may not have been used for a magic effect before but I have had one of these in my van to play music from my iPhone for over 2 years . It's not a new concept at all but cleverly incorporated into the magic fraternity by Titanas .
I don't get the negertive vibes it take a lot of love and mony to bring these cocepts to the world of magic, I'm very greatfull this has been released I'm frying people with this in my working gigs and to my frinds and family. This is my best purchase this year for me I cant reccmends this more thanks for the release

K
Hi..I just buy this trick yesterday....I'm Italian and sorry guys but I tried to find a suitable frequency on the radio...but nothing....it's seems impossible to find a frequency good for this trick.....50 Euro wasted.....but nice idea :-(
Hi drchillum, I am italian too, and I perform this everywhere iItaly even on the radio in the mobile phone and never had any problem.
Hi Luca...I just wrote you on PM....really I'm trying to use the gimmick because it's great....but with my phone radio...I have a lot of problem....Thanks in advance if you could help me!!!!
Drchillum,
I just pm'ed you :)

Best regards,
Titanas
I never had any problem with this, maybe he got a faulty gimmick?

MP
Why has this post gone dead ? Surely it has more to offer.
Mine has just arrived, I must explain, I have been doing a similar effect for about three years now and can tell you that it just slays the layman. My routine is different to Titanas, but uses the same sort of gimmick. The gimmick supplied by Titanas has a longer range than mine and does not have batteries so is MUCH smaller. It is also easier to operate.
I have been talking vua PM with Titanas and told him the outline of my routine, he was very easy to speak to and really didn't mind me asking all sorts of questions about the gimmick. He could have easily evaded my questions and I wouldnt haave blamed him a bit. I am now looking at another way of using this and can only honestly say that the gimmick is far superior to what I was using previously, don't miss this, the layman just cant get his head around it at all.
I am very tempted by this..,Georges comments have almost pushed me over the line.
Keith,as I said it floors the layman, I have been doing this for over three years and its the one they all talk abut.
I think it is quite good, but a certain segment of the general population will be aware of the technology employed.
Message: Posted by: Perseus Arkomanis (Dec 27, 2013 03:01PM)
Guys! I got mine over a week ago and as I expected it is awesome!
The packaging is really well made! So elegantly constructed.
The gimmick is as advertised, small, easy to handle and rechargeable.
Now, the possibilities are endless!!! A nice idea that struck me was to learn the identity of the "love song" of a couple and have them select any frequency and proceed with the revelation. That completely rocked! I literately saw them change color! Loved it!
That effect really deserves a lot! It is one of the effects that have laypeople question whether it is real or not.
Well done Drusko and Titanas...Well done mates!

P.S: It works for me to point out during performance that the song plays only on that frequency, have them change the frequency to prove my point and then go back to the correct one and listen to the song a little bit more.
[quote]
On 2013-12-27 13:16, smacks183 wrote:
I think it is quite good, but a certain segment of the general population will be aware of the technology employed.
[/quote]
If you're concerned with that then don't have them name the song out loud. That's how I plan on doing it anyway. Even if they know HOW you got the song to play they won't know how you knew WHAT song to play. And for the rest of the audience you'll have a double whammy.
Ok so its now a week or so after getting this and I finally took the plunge and did it to my date :)
I'm quiet sure that ill have a second date! :) she freaked out!!!
it brilliant! already thought of some ideas and after some thinking its gonna take its way into my show!
How much fiddling is there required once you've identified the song they're thinking of? I'm unfamiliar with these kinds of devices, but can definitely see the power of a routine like this. I realize that's an impossible question to ask, but if you can give any insight, I'd appreciate it.
No fiddling at all.
Do you need an accomplice for this to work?
Can be used with or without accomplice
So the effect in the video where they think of a song and it plays can be done on your own?
If so is it easily achieved?

Thanks
Hey reignofsound yes it can be on your own I perform this solo with spectator being able to choose any song, I write the frequency fold it up then write a time on the paper for them to open the paper then I ask for any song they can think of. When the time hits they think I predicted the song they choose until they see the frequency instead and tune it in their radio and their song is actually playing the reaction is insane also it can be any frequency. Hope this help in some way.
And reignofsound it's very easy to achieve. :)
Thanks Jay.
Think I will pick this up.
Was not wanting to order to then find out I could not do it without 'help'
Message: Posted by: mentalmagicgerman (Dec 29, 2013 07:18PM)
Hi everyone

Sorry for my english, Iam from Germany

I have Radioactive and I love it
It is a really great tool.
I performed it for people who had a "transmitter" for their radio(for music), but they don't knew, the secret

Great product
Well I took the plunge I just had to! I rarely order magic these days as Im more of a dvd book guy but dam this just has so many things I can see myself doing with it! Is there a private section or forum to discuss what other have come up with using this device? Anyways Ill report back as I paid for fast shipping!
What radio apps are you guys using on your iphones?

I don't see any apps that work like a regular digital tuner in the app store.

Lots of the apps play specific stations but you cannot dial any frequency like on a normal radio dial.
I've just got around to playing with this properly as we have been selling out as soon as stock has arrived!

There is no need for me to repeat all that has been said on this thread, but I will say the following.

It works fully as described.

You will need help for any song, I'm not sure how you can do any song on your own easily, but it may be possible if you create enough reason to do what you need in your routine.

This said I don't think any song is essential a good selection of say 20 or 30 should still play well to lay people.

I really like the song linked with a card prediction version with the radio DJ voice, 20 or 30 songs ready to go like this would play really well.

Overall it's a well put together package and very nice.

One additional idea for you all that works is that this can be linked to many devices not just phones.

One example is Soundz Amazing, by using it with this you can have any of 5 sounds or tracks play totally hands off, yes it reduces the choice of songs or predictions but I'm just pointing out how this can also be used with other devices not just phones, I have a few ideas how this will work really well.

If you like the effect advertised here get it it works very well, we have a few in stock with more on the way!

http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/radioactive-dvd-and-gimmick-by-drusko-and-titanas.html
Are you saying the gimmick can be plugged into soundzamazing? I have both but never thought of that.
As Saturn said, you can use it with other devices. I use mine with Sounds Amazing as well, it makes it totally hands off, I have a different routine to the one that comes with it and it gets gasps from laymen.
[quote]
On 2013-12-30 06:48, rasp wrote:
Are you saying the gimmick can be plugged into soundzamazing? I have both but never thought of that.
[/quote]

Yes it can.

Keep the volume down on the Soundz Amazing and turn up until you hear it over the radio, tried it on full and it was ok but just to be safe do it that way.

It sits at an angle due to the switch jack on the Soundz Amasing unit being next to the speaker jack you need to use, but you can buy a small lead adapter or extension jack from Maplins or other audio / electrical supplier, if you don't like the way it sits.
Great idea, will give it a try.
Happy new year to all :)
Best wishes,
Titanas
I just wanted to drop a line on an effect I used this for. I don't know if you have considered using this as a pk touch ending. I sure have!!
after a multi phase pk touch routine that scaled up in intensity ( 1st-standard pk touch phase, 2- had spectator do the "touching") the 3rd phase I had everyone present focus on the radio DJ speaking through the radio the whole time and touch the radio at the same time. At this point the DJ asked his partner if he just touched him, to which he replies no.

I did this at work and I have a lot of people giving me the WTF eye lately.
I have several variations of this idea I am currently using.....including a remote TIA.
GREAT ITEM to enhance mentalism or spooky effects. Great job on the unit!!!
Now that is a great idea greml1n. Thank you for sharing.
I. Must. Have. THIS!!!
Haha, my exact thought Remarkable Marco
Great, we have just had a delivery of more units. We are also including a free gift for a couple more days on all Radioactive orders. http://www.magictao.co.uk/radioactive-dvd-and-gimmick-by-drusko-and-titanas-dvd

Happy New Year
I quite enjoyed the effect, the method is sure fire.
Contrarily to what Titanas suggests, I perform the free selection procedure, but without an friend.
I just say that one of the spectators is going to become the magician, and look at my phone as if I did not care.
It gives it a nice twist and makes it uber fair.
Great Idea Titanas...with the gimmick you can do a lot of things and great revelations...
I have been using this now with a slight mod to use this to project to a spectators cellphone speaker. I will give updates when I get back from my vacation.
Cheers

Very interesting things can be done with this
I may even get 2 ;)
Ok, waiting on mine right now so hopefully I can join the party.
Hey everybody,
I received my Radio Active yesterday and I thought I drop some words about it here.

First of all the box:
It's kind an "apple moment" when you open it. It's a really nice packaging, you'll love it!
Second, the gimmick is really great! I worked with something similar a while back, but not nearly as good as this gimmick is!
It's size is perfect, the operability is great, now way that you miss what you want it to do! And its range is awesome! You'll know what I mean when you try it out yourself.

The DVD is well produced, as you would expect it from Titanas, and includes several sounds you can use for revalations. Titanas explains everything in great detail and shows different variations you can use.

Now the most important thing, the effect itself:
I tried the "solo" version today for a group of people at my university after I did some other tricks, starting with cards, then moved to some mentalism and used Radio Active as a closer.
It KILLED. fullstop.
I wish had pictures of their faces. their jaws just dropped when they heard their selected song playing on a "dead" frequency.

I have so many presantation ideas I want to try with it, I don't know where to start!
You won't leave home without it as doesn't take any space and is a killer.

Really well done Titanas and Drusko!
Highly recommended!

Regards
Nico
I have been performing this effect for 2 weeks now..it is the best effects in my arsenal at the moment..
It can not be doubted, this device is very powerfull... no wonder all the people who purchase this, highly recommend it... This happens also to me. This is one of the most powerful gimmick in magic I have ever bought. It's truly like real magic in the eyes of the spectators. Wherever and whenever I go, I never forget to bring this gimmick... I love it ...
Coming from a media/radio background this effect really describes me as a person/DJ/Producer. I've seen other kind of similar effects, but nothing of this caliber. Perhaps a birthday gift to myself this month will be Radio Active. Intriguing stuff, Mr. Titanas.
Really don't rate this at all it's nothing new have had it by coincidence since about 2 years ago and can't understand how dealers get away with it . Sick to death of dealers thinking we are so naive . Obviously not known by the masses shame but that's magic these days .
It's not about the technology used, it's all about the magic. I love this. Titanas, great job!

Aaron
You pay for the idea, the routine, all the Details you learn that make this illusion perfect and the right to perform it! Without Titanas you probably never thought of an effect like that.

The Gimmick is great and as I said I worked with something similar a while back, but not as good.

Sure Titanas did not invent this technology, but he brought To your attention and gave you a routine. The Gimmick, in my oppinion, is a free goodie, which works really reliable.

I mean you don't buy a trick you can do with a spectators iPhone contacts for example and go like "ooh I've been using iphone contacts by coincidence for two years now, how can he ask money for that trick." no need To call anyone a liar here!

Regards
Nico
Nanaswan cards were nothing new when magicians start using them, uhhmmm also coins were there if I remember well.
I hope you don't perform any cards or coin tricks as they all suck and have been used before.
What a silly post!

M P
[quote]
On 2014-01-10 20:07, nanaswan wrote:
Really don't rate this at all it's nothing new have had it by coincidence ************ ******** *** ***** ******** about 2 years ago and can't understand how dealers get away with it . Sick to death of dealers thinking we are so naive . Obviously not known by the masses shame but that's magic these days . My post will probably be removed again but don't see how Café allow people taking our hard earned money and dealers lying over something they have created . So untrue it stinks . No exposure here so post should not be deleted . There is no modification whatsoever in my version over this 100 % .
[/quote]

Although I don't agree with the idea that nothing new has been created and disagree with the strength of language used I would agree with you that the tech is old and well known. My father who is into his 70s not only has the newer version in his car but even used to have the old versions from way way way back when he was a CHILD and it was sold as a novelty to hear yourself on the radio. So the tech is not new and the method unless well concealed is also well known - it was even on a simpsons episode IIRC.

That's my main concern with this - the usage tips the method unless you work it differently. If you make this play on a dead frequency it tips the method immediately - simple as. If you don't think it will then I'm afraid you're not performing for the kind of people I am who would instantly work out exactly why they are hearing that. It may be because here in the UK we don't have many radio stations especially on the fm band so everyone knows what to expect on certain frequencies. Also never seen a phone with a fm tuner built in except a long time ago when they were bricks with lcd screens but that's just my experience so open to persuasion that it's more common than I think.

The good points are that you are paying for a routine and effect which at the price it's being sold at doesn't sound too bad, although as I said I have major problems with the suggested routine ie using dead air but others have already posted they are very happy with it so it obviously pleases most buyers. You are also buying the non tech side of the method for the effect which in itself seems pretty fun and useful to know. Also as someone has already pointed out - even if they know the HOW it is getting on the air what you are buying is the non tech method as well so they won't know how on earth you knew what to put over the airwaves.

So congrats to Titanus for creating the routine and effect ( I assume the method for the non tech bit is original or credited) and that's what should be emphasised NOT the gimmick which has been around and used by magicians for a long while. I've been using one for about 6 years for a bizarre magic effect involving an old wartime radio, but love the way Titanus has applied it here - that's what you're buying and if you like the sound of the effect then for the money it seems fairly priced.

My main interest in this was that I have performed with and developed routines using this gimmick for years now so wanted to see if it would add anything to what I already do - however because of the dead air logic problem it's not for me but I'm happy that others are getting mileage out of it. Personally my use for the gimmick in my own routines REQUIRES a dead frequency, in RadioActives case particularly the radio dj announcement I feel it doesn't make sense for a radio station to suddenly pop up on a frequency and then disappear again later. Hopefully someone can give me a reasonable argument as to why I'm wrong on that - maybe that's part of the magical effect, the very fact that something is there where it shouldn't be, for me though it sadly would tip the method.

For those that have it and might now be thinking about the dead air problem I can at least offer some thinking on a solution - if the erm premade part (trying hard to word it so nothing is exposed) were to sound like a radio scanning frequencies at the start of it and then it 'locks on' to a station just as the announcer is saying the revelation then returns to sounding like scanning again that solves the problem of the dead air logic. Cheap scanning radios can be had for like a dollar on ebay and fit on a keychain so you could always give it away as souvenir for that price. Maybe all this is already discussed and covered in the instructions, if so please let me know so I can stand corrected.

Although I've been following the thread to try and decide if I should invest in this and whether it added anything to what I already do, it was the mention above about having the 'right to perform it' that made me reply. As someone who has worked with this gimmick and used it for revelations (though much darker ones admitedly) I would assert that I do not need to buy the rights to apply the gimmick in this way - I would fully agree though that one needs to buy it if they want to perform Titanus' routine. Obviously. The routine is not for me so I'll stick to my own versions - but it's good to see so many are having fun with what he's created.

On a final note about dealers inflating the price - if this had been double the price then maybe this is a valid argument - but the current price seems pretty fair. In essense you get a routine and non tech method with a gimmick thrown in for free. The going rate for the effect described would sit in the price bracket this is being offered at even without the gimmick.

S&F
James
[quote]
On 2014-01-10 22:34, M Pitcher wrote:
Nanaswan cards were nothing new when magicians start using them, uhhmmm also coins were there if I remember well.
I hope you don't perform any cards or coin tricks as they all suck and have been used before.
What a silly post!

M P
[/quote]

Slightly different analogy here as cards and coins were used for completely different things. Anyway I do agree my post was a bit strong and aggressive so for that I apologise .
Terrible analogy. Cards and coins can do hundreds of different tricks. This is a specific device that is well know and in use by many non magicians. It has been released several times before. Titanas routine has merit though and his details make for a good trick.
Nanaswan, I certainly feel your pain.
James

[quote]
On 2014-01-10 22:34, M Pitcher wrote:
What a silly post!

M P
[/quote]
Unfortunately I have voted for radio active on the worst trick of 2013 thread. The opportunity to perform this is too limited. It's rare to find a situation where someone has already a radio app on their phone or already a radio happens to be playing e.g.in a coffee shop. One time I did perform this for a friend in his car he told me what the gimmick was immediately as he is owned one too, so a very risky trick to perform. Using a gimmick which people already know about you leaving yourself open to being busted.

I guess that's what happens when existing tech is repackaged as magic trick.
How are you guys doing this on an iPhone?
Are you copying the images into the phone or taking photos of the cards provided?
Thanks
If you guys have performed this and been caught, using the free selection of the song then I really don't know what to say as the reactions I receive with this are the craziest I 've ever got.
If on the other hand you perform the force version and get caught, maybe it's time to re-learn your force or find a better one.

M P
[quote]
On 2014-01-11 06:29, M Pitcher wrote:
If you guys have performed this and been caught, using the free selection of the song then I really don't know what to say as the reactions I receive with this are the craziest I 've ever got.
If on the other hand you perform the force version and get caught, maybe it's time to re-learn your force or find a better one.

M P
[/quote]

Agree...:)
I feel that I must just say afew words here. I see a lot of folks saying this is old technology that everyone knows about. This is true. People are quite aware that magicians also palm cards, so does that stop you doing tricks that relying on palming ? No.
I have been doing this routine for 3 or more years now, slightly different to the routine supplied by Titanas, but essentialy the same. I have never been challenged on it and it ALWAYS leaves them dumbstruck. I alsao have a small radio that I use for the effect and which in the right circumstances, give away at the end of the routine. I live and work in Mallorca, a small Spanish island, and one venue that I work weekly know me not by my name but "that guy that does the radio thing".
When I first saw this release I contacted Titanas and told him of my routine and that I had been doing this for years,we talked a little about ny routine which is different, and he said he liked it. I have since spoken to him about this and with his permission I will offer anyone who has Radio Active my working if you are interested. Just PM me your email address and I will send you my routine. My routine will require you to do a little work with a sound editing program but nothing too difficult, maybe Titanas could make a sound file in the future.
Anyway I will just finish by saying that this for me has been a reputation maker, and I strongly advise you to give it some serious thought, anyone who wants my routine PM me with your email address and a quick explanation of the gimmick that comes with Radio Active, I just don't want people who don't own it fishing for methods, Best wishes to you all, Gerorge
George even :)
George, you've solidified my point. It's an obvious method that a lot of magicians have thought of. Laypeople guess the method too.
Hi Raj,just to clarify, the routine I currently do is not the same as the one provided and it leads the spectator away from thinking of the particular method used. A few of you have asked for my routine and I have sent it to those that have requested it, maybe some of you would like to comment on what you think of my routine, does it lead the spectator away from thinking of the method ? Raj I cant go into detail her but thanks for your input, its what keeps the Café alive, and after all its just our opinions that we discuss here. And thank God we all have different ones.
[quote]
On 2014-01-11 15:38, george1953 wrote:
its what keeps the Café alive, and after all its just our opinions that we discuss here. And thank God we all have different ones.
[/quote]

This is the embodiment of wisdom. This is exactly how a thread should progress - opinions shared and mutual respect for differing and sometimes opposing views. It's kind of you to share your thinking and routines with those who are also working on this type of effect - especially as it's your working material. Big respect George.
[quote]
On 2014-01-11 12:47, george1953 wrote:
I feel that I must just say afew words here. I see a lot of folks saying this is old technology that everyone knows about. This is true. People are quite aware that magicians also palm cards, so does that stop you doing tricks that relying on palming ? No.
I have been doing this routine for 3 or more years now, slightly different to the routine supplied by Titanas, but essentialy the same. I have never been challenged on it and it ALWAYS leaves them dumbstruck. I alsao have a small radio that I use for the effect and which in the right circumstances, give away at the end of the routine. I live and work in Mallorca, a small Spanish island, and one venue that I work weekly know me not by my name but "that guy that does the radio thing".
When I first saw this release I contacted Titanas and told him of my routine and that I had been doing this for years,we talked a little about ny routine which is different, and he said he liked it. I have since spoken to him about this and with his permission I will offer anyone who has Radio Active my working if you are interested. Just PM me your email address and I will send you my routine. My routine will require you to do a little work with a sound editing program but nothing too difficult, maybe Titanas could make a sound file in the future.
Anyway I will just finish by saying that this for me has been a reputation maker, and I strongly advise you to give it some serious thought, anyone who wants my routine PM me with your email address and a quick explanation of the gimmick that comes with Radio Active, I just don't want people who don't own it fishing for methods, Best wishes to you all, Gerorge
[/quote]

I have to agree I have purchased several items from Titanas and trust me they are all workers
I hear some people saying it's use is limited by the decreasing availability of radio on cell phones, etc. I think this device will make for the possibility of stronger and stronger effects in the future. Imagine a day when radios are something only found in museums. You take out your radio from the distant past and turn it on. only static. They think of a song and don't even tell you the song. Suddenly, their songs starts playing on this antique radio.

This is just awesome, today and long into the future!

KJ
KJ, I almost never use their phone, and in mmy routine I don't tell them what frequency to tune to. I always have a small very cheap, about $7 radio that I take with me for this effect.
George, thanks for sharing your routine. Nice idea with an interesting twist.
George thanks for sharing, nice routine and method.

Ian.
George's routine is amazing and I can't thank him enough for sharing it with all of us.
I am in the process of creating a website for RadioActive where we ll be able to find routines (including George's beautiful version) additonal professional recordings and some extra bits for RadioActive.
Thank you all guys for your comments and your amazing ideas.

Best regards,
Titanas
Thanks for all the kind words, glad you all like my routine. I have a few more ideas that I am trying out at the moment, depending how they turn out I will share them jhere if they work out
To all of you that PMed me for the routine I have emailed it to you all, I have had many many requests so if I have overlooked you please PM me again.
Sorry I'm late to say thank you to you george, thanks for giving me a brilliant idea for radioactive. you're very good. and I will try to practice it. thank you once again.....
Glad you liked it, it has worked very well for me over the years.
Thanks for sharing. I will b using it
Youre welcome
As far as using a "dead" station......I remedy that very easily by pre-recording 8-11 min of a "radio" station in action (dj talking,songs played,ect) so prior to doing the effect, I tune to the station and let it play as I talk to the spectators and when I hear the key phrase that the dj's say I know I have X amount of time before the revelation,pk touch, ect is said or song played. Also being after the revelation I make sure I have a good 5-10 min of extra talk show recorded so I don't have to immediately turn the radio off after.....ect
Since I got this thought I'd put my thoughts.
So it comes in the mail I'm super excited! Until I open it up. Not sure how any of you think this Gimmick is well made. It looks cheap the on off button looks like it fall off at anytime. But then I think maybe I'm being to harsh I should watch the DVD. Then you tell me on top of buying this I need to connect this to another device for it to work! It's not a self contained unit! Disappointed again.
Sorry everyone but I probably am the only person in the world without a cellphone.
But then again I think ok I have a itouch again maybe I being to harsh again.

So I perform it a multitude of ways and each reaction is eh.....

I have to agree with this tech is way too well known. And to the comment people know a Palm does that mean we don't use it? No but there other factors. Misdirection, and we're not just palming a card and that's it done.
If you do the routine where you say oh I fell like listening or did you ever wish you could just hear your song... I'm sorry but 90% of the time know what's going on.

For those of you that have got good reaction the only way I can think is your performing for teenagers is all I can think of... Now I'm honestly hoping George routine will change my mind... But as a working magician.... This collects dust right now.
[quote]
On 2014-01-15 10:54, MichalMystic wrote:
So it comes in the mail I'm super excited! Until I open it up. Not sure how any of you think this Gimmick is well made. It looks cheap the on off button looks like it fall off at anytime. But then I think maybe I'm being to harsh I should watch the DVD. Then you tell me on top of buying this I need to connect this to another device for it to work! It's not a self contained unit! Disappointed again.
Sorry everyone but I probably am the only person in the world without a cellphone.

I have to agree with this tech is way too well known. And to the comment people know a Palm does that mean we don't use it? No but there other factors. Misdirection, and we're not just palming a card and that's it done.
If you do the routine where you say oh I fell like listening or did you ever wish you could just hear your song... I'm sorry but 90% of the time know what's going on.

For those of you that have got good reaction the only way I can think is your performing for teenagers is all I can think of... Now I'm honestly hoping George routine will change my mind... But as a working magician.... This collects dust right now.
[/quote]
I agree the gimmick seems rather cheaply made. Mine seems to rattle around quite a bit in the housing and the charging port is a little finicky. I'm a little concerned but hopefully it will hold up.

As far as needing to connect it to another device, the ad does state "The custom modified gimmick connects to any sound device, we strongly recommend that you will use it with a smartphone in order to get the most out of the device.". It seemed fairly obvious to me but it wasn't mentioned in the ad when it was first released. I mentioned privately to Titanas that some folks might take issue with that and to his credit he had the ad copy amended the following day.

Not sure why you think performing for teenagers would get a good reaction, they are often more tech savvy than older people. I'm still not sure why everyone's hung up on the tech being well known. There's lots you can do with this and as I mentioned before even if they know "how" you're making it play, they should be amazed at how you know "what" to play. Put a little effort into your presentation, it shouldn't be difficult to come up with something that will work for you. And yes, George's idea is really nice.
[quote]
On 2014-01-15 10:54, MichalMystic wrote:

[/quote]

This is what I was concerned about, agreed the biggest problem is of the tech being widely available and known (and used). Would you try and implement the suggestion above which is I really like of having recording and having playing a few minutes of radio before the reveal? My initial idea was as I mentioned above; to have it sound like it's scanning a frequency (mainly due the fact that the 'having a station recorded and playing' solution requires fairly good timing which, given how I waffle, would likely not work out) but seeing greml1ns solution above I prefer his if the timing can be nailed.

I'm a fan of this concept but use the static in the effect so it isn't a probelm - but I would be very interested to see if solving the dead air problem as per greml1ns suggestion would increase the impact of the effect. I'm sure by removing the obviousness of what is happening to get the reveal you would leave the focus on the actual divination - which is a I mentioned before the main value I can see in this release.

Might be worth a try in order to get some usage out of it before it gets consigned to the place of no return...
I'm playing with it and loving it..I'll post my review soon... One question for those stateside.what device are you having your spectators use?if its cellphones what apps are you having them use? Pm for more direct question... Good things so far...
Let me elaborate. When you ask someone to use their device, and they give you a Cell Phone, do all of them have that option? I know Pandora and Sirius but I mean just a regular one?
Hi George

I have sent a PM
Phil, sent you an email.
It's been a while since I added radio active into my act.
Since then everybody knows me for this trick and everybody asks me to show them "that thing with the radio".
I couldn't ask for more - I really enjoy this.

M P
This effect is Awesome and very strong... How many are using it with spectators Cell phones?
I find with my routine it plays better to use a small FM radio which I can buy locally for about 6 Euros. At the end I can even give it away as a souvenir if I feel like it. M. Pitcher, I know what you mean, I get asked the same thing all the time.
George you have a link for those radios?
I just got a copy of this.
I think that the idea is super cool and I can see this playing really well in certian situations.
I have not tried every location (bars, stores, etc) to see if I can get music playing over louder systems, but that might be an interesting avenue to try. the teaching is straight forward and they go over lots of different scenarios and routines. This has great potential and is something that could work really well on tv. I'll be playing around with this a bit more and then give some updated feelings and thoughts.
I just picked this up at Blackpool. I had not heard about it or seen it and knew nothing of the method. When Titanas performed this for me I was BLOWN AWAY. Seriously one of the most amazing moments of magic I have experienced in years. Now I have had a chance to look at it some more I love it even better! I have a specific way in which I want to use this, so until I get a chance to do so I cant speak from performing experience, but the reason I go to a magic convention is to get inspired and be excited about magic. This has got me excited again. If I can give my audience the feeling I got when I saw this a few days ago then I know I will have achieved something pretty special. Titanas thanks for releasing this. It is incredibly good value for money.
Thank you Nick for your nice words and thanks everybody who made RadioActive the talk of the Blackpool convention.
How fast it sold out is a new record for me.

Best regards,
Titanas
There 2 stand out effects for me at blackpool. This was one of them.. A must buy
Just a quick note to let you guys know that
Radioactive got a great review at the Genii Magazine.

Best regards,
Titanas
Paisa23 sorry for the late reply, I have been in Hospital for the last six weeks. Unfortunately I don't have a link I buy them at a local Chinese shop that sells everything, sorry I can't be more help.
[quote]
On Mar 19, 2014, george1953 wrote:
Paisa23 sorry for the late reply, I have been in Hospital for the last six weeks. Unfortunately I don't have a link I buy them at a local Chinese shop that sells everything, sorry I can't be more help.
[/quote]Sorry to hear you have been in the hospital the last 6 weeks George. I hope your doing better and trying stay healthy.
Just curious? how are people doing this....as most situations don't have a radio nearby....are people using there own radio to do this?
My review of Radioactive is up on my site:
http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com/radioactive-by-titanas-and-drusko.html
All the best,
James Conti
I use it with a cheap portable radio. The routine I use is completely different to the original, one of the things I get asked to do time and again..
I am very dissapointed with this thing. I have been cheated. There is no mention that something else is required. If you live in London you probably carry one of these with you. (and they are not cheap) I don't live in London! It would have been nice to know that this money is spent on half a trick, if that. I was under the opinion that as long as someone had a radio I could do the magic. Titanas, I think if you could not include an 'I' or something similar, you should not tell people that they have bought a trick. They havn't. I wonder if most of these reviews are f.x.d. However, having said all that, I do think the idea is fantastic and I will buy a little cheap gizmo to make it work. All the time I look at these latest magical things advertised on the magic Café, they are always described as something fantastic. Magicians can't wait to be able to talk to the famous inventors on the Café and creep like worms. All you had to do was to include a cheapo version of that 'thing' and price as you thought best.
[quote]On Oct 4, 2014, barrychilds wrote:
I am very dissapointed with this thing. I have been cheated. There is no mention that something else is required. If you live in London you probably carry one of these with you. (and they are not cheap) I don't live in London! It would have been nice to know that this money is spent on half a trick, if that. I was under the opinion that as long as someone had a radio I could do the magic. Titanas, I think if you could not include an 'I' or something similar, you should not tell people that they have bought a trick. They havn't. I wonder if most of these reviews are f.x.d. However, having said all that, I do think the idea is fantastic and I will buy a little cheap gizmo to make it work. All the time I look at these latest magical things advertised on the magic Café, they are always described as something fantastic. Magicians can't wait to be able to talk to the famous inventors on the Café and creep like worms. All you had to do was to include a cheapo version of that 'thing' and price as you thought best. [/quote]

Totally agree!!!
[quote]On Oct 4, 2014, barrychilds wrote:
I am very dissapointed with this thing. I have been cheated. There is no mention that something else is required. If you live in London you probably carry one of these with you. (and they are not cheap) I don't live in London! It would have been nice to know that this money is spent on half a trick, if that. I was under the opinion that as long as someone had a radio I could do the magic. Titanas, I think if you could not include an 'I' or something similar, you should not tell people that they have bought a trick. They havn't. I wonder if most of these reviews are f.x.d. However, having said all that, I do think the idea is fantastic and I will buy a little cheap gizmo to make it work. All the time I look at these latest magical things advertised on the magic Café, they are always described as something fantastic. Magicians can't wait to be able to talk to the famous inventors on the Café and creep like worms. All you had to do was to include a cheapo version of that 'thing' and price as you thought best. [/quote]

Hi there,
This comes from the product's description:
"The custom modified gimmick connects to any sound device,
we strongly recommend that you will use it with a smartphone in order to get the most out of the device."

Best regards,
Titanas
Wondered if anyone is still using it?
for me, it's a bit strange this radios are less and less found and it doesn't seem spontaneous if I bring my own. But it does work in cars...