(Close Window)
Topic: Divine by Colin Mcleod
Divine is Colin Mcleod's latest book.

I've got the privilege to read it and it is truly divine.

There is astounding material on this book both for stage and close-up, you will not only get some VERY powerful routines and ploys to make your own effects, you will also get a peek at Colin's fantastic creative process that has made him one of my all time mentalism favorite thinkers.

He shares super direct methods and truly inovative ploys that have keept my mind spining with so many ideas.

Some of my favorite bits from the book include his Anthology Deck which is super practical way to generate random thoughts on people such as movies, songs, memories and then revealing them, his Mesmerised Deck wich is a very direct way to apparently memorize a complete truly mixed deck of cards with complete accuracy and ease, his work on the Dunninger ploy is unmatched, his Perfect Prediction is a ploy to force or to know ANY 50:50 choice, you can use it to create your own predictions or even direct mind reading, Note to Self is a 100% way to know which hand a note is in without any gimmicks just you, your spectator and a note from his wallet yet you can guess three times in a row where the note is, remember that this is just a mention of some of my personal favorites because there is A LOT more in there.

Above I just mentioned a few but the truth is that all the material is beautiful,direct and workable.

Colin Mcleod's Divine WILL gets my highest recommendation I am sure it will become a classic.

Get Divine and thank me later: http://colincloud.com/colleagues/
Can the stage effects be adapted for close up work too? also do we need to purchase any gimmicks to perform any of the effects within the book? I have already ordered so just curious about this point also?
Just spotted this!

There is close up stuff and stage. Most easily adaptable maybe two or three things, not so much.

Prop wise ... Really depends on what you own already. Two come to mind as requiring a certain something but one of the two I offer an alternative. The rest, you'll need cards, bits of card, pens, envelopes ... The usual!

Anything else just ask and as long as the answer wouldn't be too revealing, I'll answer it as accurately as I can.

Thanks again for all the preorders already people. It'll be with you before you know it!!

Col
Ok thanks I heard that multi dimensional die is needed which is a very expensive item??
For one of the routines. Yes. I've had requests for many years to release that routine. So for the benefit of the people who have one, I put it in there :)

Col
Ok thanks what is the routine wi that prop, also can someone please provide a link as to where to purchase this prop?
Hi Colin,

While I've already pre-order, just curious - does the MD routine use a specific MD shell or can it be adapted to others? I currently only have the color cube.

Regards,
AH
If I pre-order a copy, will you rub it over yourself first, before posting it?
Easily the colour cube. Just change numbers to colours. Actually, it maybe makes more sense!! You'll see :)

All will be rubbed Iain. You know fine well that comes as standard!

Much love!

Col
[quote]
On 2013-11-05 14:44, Colin wrote:

[/quote]

...and now I'm rethinking MY order.
2 questions: 1) Limited edition?, and 2) Can Colin autograph copies?

Regards,
Mike
Not limited but I'm including an extra routine in the first edition as a thank you to those who trust me enough to buy it right away.

Signed ... If you so wish :)

Col
Do I just need to obtain the basic MD cube to perform the routine in question?
You do. It's a way of revealing memories in the book. But there are other methods for it. So you don't need to use that method.

Just an extra option for people who already have that device.

Col
Thanks, Colin! Can't wait! I'd like my copy signed, please.

AH

[quote]
On 2013-11-05 14:44, Colin wrote:
Easily the colour cube. Just change numbers to colours. Actually, it maybe makes more sense!! You'll see :)

Much love!

Col
[/quote]
I just want to rub. Can you package it?
Does this mean that Colin's new DVD's from Alakazam aren't coming out at the end?
Just ordered this - sounds fantastic! What date is this actually released?

Iain.
Sorry! Just saw this.

The book launch is Tannens Magic Store on the 5th of December, but I'll be posting out all pre orders on the 1st and 2nd of December to make sure people get them ASAP!

That's a third of the books already pre-ordered, so thanks to everyone who has already bought one and I'm sure you're going to find lots of value in it!

Any other questions, feel free to ask!
Hi Colin,
if ordered from Italy, is it possible to receive the shipment with Royalmail International Signed for ?

Thanks
Giuseppe
Just ordered mine. I absolutely loved his penguin lecture so I am very excited for the book.

Can't wait!

Ryan
I think I have been the first one to purchase it, as soon the new website was online! So I get a free beer too! :)
In the blurb on his website he says, that his deckless tossed out deck will be revealed. If that's the same routine that he tipped in his no-longer-available CoRM-Interview, then this is an absolute gem, a brillant opener! Looking forward to this and maybe an updated handling (well, what's to handle anyways
when everything is merely thought of....)
HI Colin.

Just ordered my copy as your Penguin lecture was astoundingly good. Up there with Pete Turners for me...and I missed out on his DVD, so I'll be ***ed if I miss out on this book aswell.

I'd love it signed, but not to worry if you can't.

Looking forward to it.

Steph
Hi Colin,

I just ordered your new book.

I'm really looking forward to it. It sounds really great :)

Michael
Where do I buy "Divine"? The password on Colin's web site doesn't work for me (I *** sure know who 13 steps is).
Sorry everybody. I need to read slower. Lowercase letters only.
It seems as if the books have arrived. Colin mentioned on Facebook he will start shipping next week. Can't wait!
BTW, he also posted a picture of the toc. Over 200 pages!
I'm so excited. :)
Anyone going to Tannens here n New York to see his lecture on December 5th?
Ordered it early this morning. Cannot wait - this man is a genius. If any magician wanting to move over to the dark side asks me for a DVD recommendation, I tell them to get Opening Minds over any others. (Even Osterlind and Maven!)
If Divine lives up to its ad copy then the £65 excluding p&p will be a steal!!
I am attending Colin's lecture at Tannens, hope to pick up book there.
No doubt that Colin is a genius---his thinking has revolutionized our art. This will be another masterpiece!

Regards,
Mike
I'll be attending the lecture next week as well. I hope there will be plenty of copies :)
Colin's lecture at Penguin gave my opener, my Q&A, and tons of ideas. And now that my MD set is on its way to my doorstep, Colin's routine in Divine will be a true gift from the gods.
My supernatural powers of prediction tell me that Divine is going to be a game changer in mentalism. I pre-ordered it without hesitation, and can't wait to get it. Colin, if you are reading this, could you sign my copy? Thanks!!!!
I received this yesterday and I started reading it last night. I couldn't put it down, I was up until 3am and after I did put it down I couldn't sleep for my mind was racing with all the genius things I had just learnt.

I will post a little review soon but just wanted to say how excited I am to actually own this book (Devine).

If you are a student of Mentalism or Magic and think you know everything, like me, think again because in this book you will learn some very devious but very practical methods and routines that will get your juices flowing.

The one thing I hate about this book Devine is it makes me feel like what I do isn't good enough, but then that's a great thing because it will make me examine my own show and tweak it to make it the best it can be for my audiences.

This book Devine gets my highest recommendation. If you at one point thought about buying Devine but haven't yet, buy it now for the money you spend you will get back even if you took the first effect in the book and placed it in your set as an opener. It's a really good way to open at tables.

10/10 from me.

Myke
X
Thanks Myke!! That's very kind.

Every book purchased on or before the 2nd of December will be posted before I leave for New York. I will have some copies available at the lecture too obviously!

Books purchased while I'm away will be posted out by 13th of December at the latest.

All the initial feedback seems very positive and I'm incredibly happy with the book.

Very best wishes!

Col
Hope you shipped mine to Italy.... :)
Quick update, if you're interested.

Just did a test run posting some of the books and to prepare them for the next 250 I'm taking on Saturday.

So all books already purchased and purchased before Saturday morning will definitely be sent then.

... Not many left now!

This keeps everything on track for being delivered on or around the same day as the launch in New York.

Thank you wonderful people!

Col.
[quote]
On 2013-11-27 03:34, mykephillips wrote:
I received this yesterday and I started reading it last night. I couldn't put it down, I was up until 3am and after I did put it down I couldn't sleep for my mind was racing with all the genius things I had just learnt.

I will post a little review soon but just wanted to say how excited I am to actually own this book (DEVINE).

If you are a student of Mentalism or Magic and think you know everything, like me, think again because in this book you will learn some very devious but very practical methods and routines that will get your juices flowing.

The one thing I hate about this book DEVINE is it makes me feel like what I do isn't good enough, but then that's a great thing because it will make me examine my own show and tweak it to make it the best it can be for my audiences.

This book DEVINE gets my highest recommendation. If you at one point thought about buying DEVINE but haven't yet, buy it now for the money you spend you will get back even if you took the first effect in the book and placed it in your set as an opener. It's a really good way to open at tables.

10/10 from me.

Myke
X
[/quote]

Myke,
Did you buy "Devine" off the same market stall that sells Adidos and Reebook trainers and Chantelle no 5 perfume?
Haha! Sorry, I am genuinely dyslectic and I obviously can't spell, I did leave school at the age of 13 though. Lol

It's a great book though! Reading some more right now.

Myke
X
Really like Colin's work and will be buying this as soon as I am able. His Penguin lecture is the best that I have seen.

[quote]
On 2013-11-27 03:34, mykephillips wrote:
I received this yesterday and I started reading it last night.
[/quote]
[quote]
On 2013-11-28 06:55, Colin wrote:
Just did a test run posting some of the books and to prepare them for the next 250 I'm taking on Saturday.
[/quote]
If you already have the books why have you not sent them already? If I'd have preordered a copy I wouldn't be happy that you had kept me waiting when you had the books in your hands already.
[quote]
On 2013-11-28 19:34, mykephillips wrote:
Haha! Sorry, I am genuinely dyslectic and I obviously can't spell, I did leave school at the age of 13 though. Lol

Myke
X
[/quote]
But if you left school at 13, how do you know it's a good book? there are many image Inside? lol
It's very hard to do Adam when you're on the road constantly performing.

That's why I put a professional schedule in place to ensure the books would arrive safely so that when I was home I would be able to get them out to everyone effectively, safely and efficiently. Also, as I promised Tannen's would have the book launch, it would be unfair to send them out too early before that date.

... but hey, thanks for your wisdom :-P .

X
[quote]
On 2013-11-28 19:34, mykephillips wrote:

Myke
X

[/quote]
I'm glad you took it in good humour, as intended.
That's cool, so am I! I left at 15. You win!
It's Colin, It's good
Hey Colin, will you be leaving a few of these behind at Tannens? I'd love a copy but right now I can only send a money order.

Darren
Hey Darren!

It's gonna depend on the number I sell on the night.

I'm taking a realistic amount.

So the answer is ... We'll see!

Col

Ps: all copies bought today will be posted tomorrow. Final post, before New York, will be orders BEFORE 4pm UK time.
Thanks for the reply Colin, enjoy your stay across the pond.

Darren
Ordered
I hope it was sent...
:)
Anyone received theirs yet?
Every single one now posted.

Should all be timed to arrive this week in keeping with the New York launch :)

Col.
I'm very much looking forward to your tannens lecture. Hope I can get a signed copy there :)
Now comes the mapping of the world's postal services!
Divine at 40. Couldn't let it pass without a bit of Cloud to celebrate. Good times to all out there sharing our art.

http://bit.ly/1eTv0Zq

Peace and good health to all of you x

Chris
A beautiful book that can be judged by its cover! :)

Regards,
Mike
I received mine yesterday in London, UK (i.e. Tuesday 3rd Dec). Cannot wait to read it and give my two cents / pence!
[quote]
On 2013-12-03 16:33, bond19 wrote:
Divine at 40. Couldn't let it pass without a bit of Cloud to celebrate. Good times to all out there sharing our art.

http://bit.ly/1eTv0Zq

Peace and good health to all of you x

Chris
[/quote]

Happy birthday Chris!

Looking forward to your review :)

Kieran
Wow just wow unbelievable stuff in this book,within these pages are pure gold!!! I love perfect prediction, direct flight and by association which is a perfect opener for tables!!!
Thanks Kieran,

I just need to set aside some quality time to digest it all...
I agree. I got it today and just read the first effect "by association". Great idea! Apart from that, it's a beautiful book. In addition, Colin has a very engaging and entertaing writing style. Well, I have to stop now and read on...
Ugghhhh all the teasing! Where is MINE!!! Hahahaha...hopefully the postman will be delivering here in the states soon!
I am loving this book.
Some very inspirational ideas and writing in Divine.
Highly recommended.
So I a couple of days ago I went ahead and placed the order directly to Colins website and paid $125.00 US Dlls to be shipped to the US which will probably arrive in two or three weeks.

Today I received and email from a local US dealer listed at a price of $65.00 and available for immediate shipment

I know this is a good book but I wish Colin would mentioned that this was going to be available by our local dealer at a lower price. It would save us a lot of money.

Not ok.
Are you sure that's in dollars? The price on Colin's site is £64.99, so perhaps you misread the currency/
It is $64.99 US Dlls. You can confirm it here : //marketplaceofthemind.com/beta/products/divine/
[quote]
On 2013-12-09 17:59, Joaquin wrote:
It is $64.99 US Dlls. You can confirm it here : //marketplaceofthemind.com/beta/products/divine/
[/quote]
This is the info at the link you posted:
"DIVINE
BY COLIN MCLEOD
£64.99"
That doesn't look like any US dollar sign I've ever seen. It is also not available from Jheff, there is a link to Colin's website to purchase. Please read closer before posting in order to avoid upsetting folks with false information.
[quote]
On 2013-12-09 17:59, Joaquin wrote:

[/quote]

can you first confirm you know what a dollar sign looks like?
I'd imagine any day.

I posted them all before leaving for NY.

I can take a max of 4 weeks, but usually it's 2 max and I tend to find they're arriving within 10 days.
Colin,

I ordered mine last night and mine is still not here!

Can you please explain yourself?

Alan
Mine hasn't shown up yet. I'll keep an eye out over the next week or so.
Come on Canada Post!
Come on italian post!
I just got my today !! Yay!

Ryan
Hello from Portland, Oregon.

It has arrived.

D
Received and read it! Great and workable stuff as always from Colin! This is REALLY a good book!
Its good...so good I had to order a second one... :)
I wish I could have a read though your book collection Eric! :)
Mine arrived last thursday and from what I've read so far apart from the routines, which are truly fantastic, I liked the most colin's "welcome" chapter.

a very insightful essay of the how, why and when to perform that shifted my attention away from the effects or routines and focused it on the more important part : the performers persona.

very good and plausible thoughts/idea's there!
It's great! Seriously great! A beautiful book full of workable routines and wonderful ideas. Very, very inspiring. The Welcome chapter alone makes it totally worth the investment. Love it!
My copy arrived the other day and I have been slowly digesting it - I actually got the chance to read it from very early on because I did the design / layout of the book, but actually reading the final thing is much more relaxing and I don't have to work out how to fit it all together - the printers did a great job. Diverse, approachable, engaging material that is recognisably Colin without being so fixed to his performance style that it won't fit in with yours.

(I reckon a lot of people will find a new pet effect in By Association too - strong, organic and very doable, who's with me?)

Phill
Great stuff in this. Love the essays and thoughts as well.
"by association " is very strong, indeed. no wonder it was held a secret, UNTIL NOW! :)
Brilliant book. Best read for me since... Dunno, Alch Tools by Paul Brook. Easily Colin's best work to date, and that's saying something!

Well done amigo. So many workers in there it's not real :)
Thanks again for the kind words guys!

Really means a great deal!! 😃

Also hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas period!

Col
I received my book a couple of days ago, I thought I would offer a few of my personal thoughts.

I can only echo what everyone else is saying. The material in this book is great! Strong working, any place, any time material. I like Colin's genius thoughts on several principles that he has craft-fully reworked to be beautiful pieces of modern day mentalism (while still being grounded in classical principles).

The word association effect from within the book was my particular favourite, it's stunning and oh so devious!

I also love the attention to detail Colin has paid on each effect, taking into account each action/ moment that is important in the routine. The psychology of why things work and how people think is covered in great detail.

There is a certain ploy that Colin uses close up and I love how bold it is!!

If that wasn't enough the book is PACKED with great justifications...My recommendation GRAB IT!

Pete x

P.s Did I say I interviewed Colin in the book! x
Message: Posted by: Pasteboard Alchemist (Dec 19, 2013 10:52AM)
The many recommendations in this thread have me sold. I bit the bullet and just purchased.

Here's hoping I didn't miss some sort of brief shipping window before Colin departs once again for locations unknown, as I'm chomping at the bit to receive the book. Mesmerised Deck sounds like it may fit beautifully into the flow of my performance, and I simply cannot wait to try it out.
Amazing... it took just 11 days to get to the west coast of the states during the busiest shipping season of the year.
Will dive into it this weekend...
What is going on?!
I still haven't got mine.
Any other Canada Posters out there?
Still waiting in New Orleans too, though I'm pretty sure they still use ponies here.
Now I understand USPS ... Pony Service ... You never stop learning...
Guess what *just* arrived today!
My sympathies Joshua.

d
Any stand out routines?
Thanks guys!!

The response has been phenomenal. Truly appreciated.

Down to the last few copies now!
:
I just ordered one myself. Can't wait!
[quote]
On 2013-12-28 00:58, Blindside785 wrote:
Any stand out routines?
[/quote]

Several!
A routine called "By Association" I really like.
To all who are waiting for the delivery. It's worth it.
The book looks and feels beautiful. The style of writing is engaging and we'll paced. I have read it once through and at one point thought I'd lost the plot. Later I discovered the plot was like a lot of Colin's work is. Well hidden in plain sight.
I enjoy learning from a practitioner who certainly knows his way about, as I did from his Opening Minds DVD and Blackpool 2013 lecture and notes.
His delivery is no nonsense, to the point and easy to follow
Others have commented on the content and I will only add ditto.

Yip I'm a fan
Message: Posted by: Pasteboard Alchemist (Jan 7, 2014 04:51PM)
Sounds fantastic! Now if mine would ever arrive...
I'm writing this review on the assumption that you're already familiar with Colin and his previous work.

Even if I didn't know the author I think that after reading the first 3 effects in Divine I'd have probably guessed it was Colin; they all have that 'Colinesque' feel to them. Anyone who has his [url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=382157&forum=218]Opening Minds 4 DVD Set[/url] or Facade or Zen or has seen Colin's Penguin Live lecture will know what I mean by that.

Some of the effects Colin taught in his recent [url=http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3360]Penguin Live Lecture[/url] are present in Divine, his Q&A, Safe Opener, Perfect Prediction, Remarkable Effect & Here Comes Someone. Although they were in the lecture he goes into a bit more detail which suits me because I prefer books anyway.

Of the other effects in Divine I particularly liked 'By Association' (a word association effect with half a dozen spectators), 'Mesmerised Deck' (card memory) and Devil May Care (a headline prediction type effect).

There is of course some clever Dual-Reality and 'Colin-Speak' throughout that I'd expect from Colin plus he discusses his thoughts on broader topics like 'The Dunninger Ploy' and 'Billets'. There are 19 effects in all so there is plenty to choose from although I should point out that 3 of the effects use what I would term 'pricey items'. Everything else though uses readily available items you probably already have.

The real value is the book for me was how Colin went to great lengths to explain his creative process and reasoning. He doesn't just say 'This is the effect, here's the method'. He details precisely how he goes about structuring an 'affect' rather than an 'effect' and why it's not so much 'How' things are done (i.e. the method) that's important, it's 'Why' they are done (the 'affect') that matters.

There are a couple of bits at the end of the book which I really liked. One was Colin's description of his 'journey' thus far, the other was a great interview by Pete Turner.

Will I use everything in the book? No I won't, some of it isn't for me. However there are plenty of ideas in Divine that I will use (or that I am already using) in one form or another.

Colin knows his stuff. I'm just glad he's willing to share.

Regards,
Lar.
I received this book today in my mail.

First when I opened it and saw that this book was signed by Colin himself was a nice bonus. It shows a great deal of customer care in my opinion.
Also the book is gorgeous. If I would rate this book I would give it a ten qua beauty. If I had to seduce it, I would never make a chance.

I started reading the book and never put it down until I was finished with it, although that's not completely true. I had to put it down. I had my notebook next to me to jot down ideas I got while reading this book.

I can't say more then what has been said before. You create a connection with Colin. You get to know him quite well, which is wonderfull. He doesn't only teach you his methods (he never gives a script for them, only the method, so you can work out how you would perform them), but gives you his reasoning with it.

Also he shows you the path he has taken to where he is today, which is a nice thing. I love to get to know who a person is, so I can enjoy their thinking even more.

Not only the how, but also the why is explained in this book. Lovely.

as a closer, was it worth the asking price? Absolutely. My reasoning is that if you get only one thing out of the book and can use it for the rest of your life then it is worth the price. I have gotten more then a few things from this book.

(also don't get fooled by the page count. I have read books with 200 pages with 20 point lettertype, while this only has lettertype 11 (my approx.) so you get your money's worth in text)

The book is jam-packed with advice, effects and Colin Mcleod, also as a bonus you get a little bit of Patrick Redford and Peter turner as seasoning.
This is absolutely stunning material. Coming from one of the finest minds in the business, I had high expectations when I initially place my order...but Mr. McLeod blew right through those. "Divine" is truly killer; this is brain-melting, hard-hitting material. A must-read --- period.
I'm thinking in change my country only to perform one of the effects in the book that can't be performed in Spanish and I will love add it to one of my shows...so lucky you english speaking people!!
If you work trough the book, you will find routines to perform as they comme and other that will inspire you for sure, Colin has take us to his place one more time.
Divine.
I have a lot of Colin Mcleod's work(Dvd,e books and lecture notes)
Colin's new book Divine are imho. the best thing he has written.
Not really for the effects(Wich are werry good)but more for the thinking
behind.
It will make you think and that's allways a good thing.
I will use one of the effects in my show and use many of the ideas in this
book and that all you can ask for in a book.
Dennis Hermansson
Denmark
Are there many close up effects in the book?
I've just finished to read DIVINE and now it's time for a proper review.

The delivery was pretty quick and the book has a great look: he makes a good impression in a personal library.

The inner part of the book is great. Colin shares good effects, suitable for close up and up on stage. The effects and the methods are ingenious and practical and there are his takes about some classics in mentalism.
What I've really enjoyed was his innermost thoughts about the creativity process and how he describes the aim to justify what he does.
In his writing you can find useful gems that motivate you to change some variables of your thinking.

Reading his artistic journey and the interview by Peter Turner has been inspiring.
And the bonus of the book... It made ​​me smile the idea!

So? Thank you Colin for have shared your genuine thinking.
It will be absolutly usefull.
I wanted to wait until I had read the whole book before posting. Now that I have finished it all I can say is that this book is BRILLIANT. There is so much crammed into this book. What I enjoyed was not only the effects but the ideas behind them and Colin's variations. He has taken effects and described his methods and how he came up with them. Yes some of the effects do require certain other things that would need to be bought. However there are other variations with some of these if you don't want to purchase the extras. All I can say is that the extras have never really crossed my kind but after reading what Colin has come up with for them I am seriously considering buying them!

Most of the effects do not need anything that you won't have around the house. The only thing I had to buy was a jumbo index pack of cards after reading a brilliant idea of getting the spectator to think so something different other than a card. I loved the idea so much I had to go and put it into practice. Indeed the reactions so far have been great.

Colin is a modern day thinker of mentalism. The book is an easy read and I do feel from reading it that Colin has released his good stuff for us to learn from. The book has had been thinking constantly about my mentalism and how to make it better.

I recommend this to anyone interested in mentalism. If you have seen Colin's DVDs then expect the same quality ideas and methods, clearly explained and easily adaptable to your own style. I always thought the DVDs were great but this book shows that Colin has far more to offer and his thinking on mentalism is top notch.

Best buy of 2013!!!!
Got mine late in the game, but made first print run. Anxiously waiting. Maybe today....
I received DIVINE just before Christmas of 2014. I was expecting it to be awesome and it is!

Colin has a uncanny ability to exploits different principles, putting them together and presenting them in a whole new way. He is certainly one of the most brilliant thinker in the world of mentalism today.

This is one of the my best purchases in 2013. Looking forward to Colin's next release already...
Hey guys, some lovely people have kindly provided me with the following reviews. Whilst they’re not members of The Magic Café the have kindly given me permission to share them with you ...

"There are a few creators that whenever they release something, I buy it immediately, no questions asked.  Colin McLeod is one of those guys and 'Divine' is one of his best works yet.   In it you can see why he is one of the most creative thinkers of our generation.  If you read this book for just the methods, you'll certainly get your money's worth because everything is so well thought out and practical in the real world, however, the real value is the insight into his creative process that will inspire you get your gears turning and come up with routines that will best fit your own personality." - Eric Dittelman

“I read this book with an on-growing interest and I've to say that I am fascinated about it.
It belongs to top rank of best books in Mentalism I ever had the pleasure to read.
All chapters are written in an excellent and comprehensible style.
What touched me in all chapters is the view of the author in relation to his audience.
He imagines what and how his audience should experience the performance!
And then, he edits the effect accordingly.
Very known effects appear in a real new look.
This way of thinking corresponds with mine one.
I'd say that this labour belongs into every serious mentalist's library” - Rudolf Künzli

“Divine was a Christmas gift I got for myself. I enjoyed Colin's work on Opening Minds and was hoping to see more of his refreshing thinking in this new book. Needless to say, I had high hopes and I was not disappointed!

Several times I would finish reading an effect and have one of those "that was worth the price of the whole book" moments. You know you're in for a treat when you have this thought after the very first effect (By Association) in the book!

There are items in here for just about every venue. Close up workers will find plenty to use, and platform performers should find even more. What's more is that Colin lets you peek behind the curtain a bit to see what his thinking was for making the choices he made. Sometimes it's with a presentational choice, sometimes it's a twist on a method, but his thought process is there. 

I could list the items I plan to use, but part of my enjoyment was getting this book without any clue as to what to expect. Divine was worth the money and worth the time it took to read it, and I expect to be diving into these pages often as I start rotating some of these into my professional work. Highly recommended!” - Pj Pinsonnault

“I read Divine from cover to cover on Saturday and was constantly blown away by your thinking. To me it's a masterpiece and a must have, and for what it's worth in my humble opinion stands alongside the best mentalism books I've collected over the years. I've read more than enough material for a lifetime, and it's not often that I see something that shouts of such high quality on first read. When something like this comes along that makes me feel giddy again I know it's something special. I particularly loved the word association opener, and the memorised deck effect, both of which were new to me from your work, but every effect gave me food for thought and I've already started seeing how I can play and adapt. I really like the way that you stage and frame your effects to heighten impact, and design from the point of view of the impact that you want to achieve. I also love the way that you've reworked well known gimmicks to create fresh and exciting routines.  
I'm very proud to own it and, having followed your work over recent years, it highlighted again what an exciting talent you are.” - Steve Harwood

“I perform on a monthly basis.  I've purchased many mentalism products and books.  "Divine" is my best purchase ever.  The material is top-notch and very clever. However, what's most important is that Colin has stimulated my thinking and given me more ides on how to develop my own routines.  

"Divine" was priced far too low. I also would have preferred a limited release, so everyone won't have access to the content and Colin's mindset.” - Justin Myers

“Divine.
I have a lot of colin McLeod's work(Dvd,e books and lecture notes)
His new book Divine are IMHO. the best thing he has written.
Not really for the effects(Which are vey good)but more for the thinking
behind.
It will get your to think and that's always a good thing.
I will use one of the effects in my show and use many of the ideas in this
book and that all you can ask for in a book.” - Dennis Hermansson

“Love the book. Fantastic ideas that I'm very upset you didn't share with me when we hung together ;-)” - Bill Abbott

“It is really good, clever and workable; I will be adding quite a lot to my stage work. It has also made me think in a different way about what really matters in my performance.” - Jonathan Tetley

And now a video of me performing recently ... Enjoy!

http://www.affinitytv.co.uk/entertainment/

Col.
Sorry, I meant that I received DIVINE just before the Christmas of "2013".

(I am sure my fellow mentalist here already knew what I mean. But, I thought I better correct my own typo.)
[quote]On 2014-01-20 11:05, Will78 wrote:
Sorry, I meant that I received DIVINE just before the Christmas of "2013".
(I am sure my fellow mentalist here already knew what I mean. But, I thought I better correct my own typo.)[/quote]

You thought you'd received it in 2014, the rest of the audience thought you received it in 2013. Prime example of Colin's fiendish Dual-Reality at work.

Lar.
I'd like to read the chapter on the D*******r P**y. I recall Colin and Paolo Cavalli were collaborating on a book about it but that never surfaced. A piece from Colin's Opening Minds DVD set showed some of Colin's good thinking on the subject.
In agreement with everything that has been said before.

This book was definitely the best money I spent on material in the last couple of years.

The ideas in this book are stimulating and at times genius!

Colin's 'which hand' routine, "Perfect Prediction", is just that. In my opinion it surpasses the benchmark set by Derren Brown for this routine and takes it to another level. It adds a different level to the effect and even encouraged me to purchase the necessary, immediately. I have altered the premise to suit me and is a real 'keeper'.

The work on the "D*******r P**y' has made me want to re-look at something that I had always disregarded and his routine "Devil May Care" has altered my approach to the 'headline prediction', (which is something I use professionally), by adding a clever new slant to the outcome.

If you get no other book this year, this book should be a must. It will make you think differently about your effects and let you cast a fresh eye over old ones.

Thank you Colin for sharing your thoughts.

Alan
Thank you to everyone for their incredibly kind words.

And just so you know, there are only 6 left now of the first edition.

Any more questions ... Just ask!

Col
I wish I wasn't so skint
A friend of mine has it and says this is full of bl**dy good stuff

:(

steve
After a month still haven't received mine. I guess one of the postmen must have been a Colin fan!
Colin very kindly offered to replace it by friday, great customer service!
BTW, there are only 5 left!!!!!
Sashac too weird, same thing with me. Perhaps we were in the same batch? Colin was great about it like you said. Still keeping my eyes out and fingers crossed for a few more days.
4 :)
The ones that have gone missing will absolutely be replaced.

Royal Mail have said four weeks.

In the beginning, after three weeks so people hadn't received theirs so I posted another and then both turned up.

So I've learned to wait the full four weeks just in case.

I know it's a pain and I can only apologise, but I promise, you will get it!

Col
Penguin Magic has it in stock and ready to ship!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4034
I received this book yesterday afternoon and cracked it open around 6PM. I finished the book around three hours later and came out of the daze really disoriented wondering how the time passed so quickly.

This is a wildly exciting read. I fell in love with the first two pieces ("By Association" and "Direct Flight")and simply couldn't put the book down. I will be studying/using/refining this material regularly. It is a book that doesn't waste paper on filler material at all; every piece has really hard-hitting potential.

I familiarized myself with Colin's work when his Opening Minds DVD set was first released years ago through Alakazam. I immediately recognized that he was a creative, clever individual. I love how Divine takes some of the concepts explored in Opening Minds and shows how Colin's refined them over the years through genuine experience and experimentation. It's awesome to track his creative process. In one piece, "Note to Self," he takes what was previously presented as a serial divination and somehow transforms it into a practical (impromptu) "Which Hand" routine without making it convoluted or contrived. It's bloody brilliant.

Divine is great. With that... please don't buy it. And stop recommending it to others. I'd personally appreciate it immensely.

RS.
I have a question for anyone who owns the book. On Ellusionist it says: "Colin can reveal your PIN number, unlock your iPhone, open your email account, reveal the name of your first kiss, announce your date of birth, the place you want to visit most in the world, your most personal dreams and fantasies and even know your name. All from speaking to you for less than a minute. And all without you saying a word." So does the book teach how to do this or can Colin just do it? That alone would be worth the price of the book.
[quote]On Apr 19, 2014, ZachDavenport wrote:
I have a question for anyone who owns the book. On Ellusionist it says: "Colin can reveal your PIN number, unlock your iPhone, open your email account, reveal the name of your first kiss, announce your date of birth, the place you want to visit most in the world, your most personal dreams and fantasies and even know your name. All from speaking to you for less than a minute. And all without you saying a word." So does the book teach how to do this or can Colin just do it? That alone would be worth the price of the book. [/quote]
Brilliant first post! lol
I have a question for anyone who owns the book. On Ellusionist it says: "Colin can reveal your PIN number, unlock your iPhone, open your email account, reveal the name of your first kiss, announce your date of birth, the place you want to visit most in the world, your most personal dreams and fantasies and even know your name. All from speaking to you for less than a minute. And all without you saying a word." So does the book teach how to do this or can Colin just do it? That alone would be worth the price of the book. [/quote]

Zach, it doesn't.
[quote]On Apr 19, 2014, Sashac wrote:

Zach, it doesn't. [/quote]
does anyone know if there is somewhere I could buy that?

does anyone know if there is somewhere I could buy that? [/quote]

I think its more a way of advertising Colin's incredible abilities as apposed to an actual effect. But if you are looking for a very strong PIN revelation check out Micheal Murray's "ATM"
I've just had a read through my copy of Divine. This is absolutely brilliant, and contains many gems. In case of the question below, I would argue that Colin does provide numerous examples of ways in which you could do the exactly the items mentioned below. If you own the book, I'm happy to share if you PM me, but you must indicate the 3rd word in "Diced Thoughts". That is how I will confirm that you own the book. Thanks!

Regards,
Mike

Absolutely love Colin's work. NEED THIS BOOK

*** being young and struggling to get 65 pounds together
Five day sale!!

There are a few copies of this remaining in my personal collection.

£50 and free postage anywhere in the world until Thursday.

Contact me or simply paypal PsychicColin@yahoo.co.uk .

Enjoy and thanks for all the amazing and wonderful fedback.

Col
By far one of the best books I bought.the chapter on dunninger ploy itself worths the value of the book alone. Plus there is a very clever "gift" in the book to test you... ;)
Paolo Cavalli has published the same method and effect as Colin's Safe Opener in 2005 in his ebook Sigma under the titie NGRR.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/rNqh2x8m.png[/img]
Has anywhere still got this?
Vanishing have it listed & no mention of it being out of stock (like everywhere else).
https://www.vanishingincmagic.co.uk/magician/Colin-McLeod/?forwarded=true
I've checked vanishing if you click more info it says out of stock
Bummer :( got mine a long while ago...love it :)
Please pm me if you'd be willing to sell me it.
Is this still available? I ask as I am putting together a holiday reading list.

I still use a simple effect from the Opening Minds video as my go to one on one. Never fails.