(Close Window)
Topic: Extreme Burn Ripped off by Tenyo?
Whatever happened to ethics? It appears, at least from what I can see, Tenyo has ripped off extreme burn. It is called Money Shock and will be new for 2014. I hope I am wrong.

Ron
I saw the ad but not the video clip. Certainly hoping the gimmick/effect is nowhere near Extreme Burn/Page gimmick but it certainly looks like it from the picture.
It's exactly the same
► 1:09► 1:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pago64CauXU
10 hours ago - Uploaded by MagicCastleSingapore
Get it here at http://www.MagicCastle.com.sg 2 Handy Road #04-09 The Cathay Singapore 229233.
Wowzers. disappointing. Looks like a different gimmick, but close enough.
Gimmick seems identical to my extreme burn . I can do exact same change and gimmick is in exactly the same note in e burn handling IMO , they are just switching around on opening display
The people at Tenyo suck. Any decent company could have done this 2 weeks after Extreme Burn was released. No sense of urgency at all.

I think it looks more like Pat Page's Easy Money than Extreme Burn.
Yeah, it's more like Pat Page's original. You don't need to special thing in Extreme Burn to do that change. Easy Money has been around for a long time. Tenyo might have gotten permission...
Yes it just seem like another version of Pat Page. Many people have released variations
To the best of my knowledge, Tenyo always gets the permission of the creators. Two recent examples would be Dan Halan's Cardtoon deck and Steve Dusheck's Waltzing Matilda. I'd wait before accusing them of a breach of ethics.
Tenyo rip others off? I doubt it.

Tenyo's version allows the bills to be placed on the table and not open up as other versions would.
The lay down was nice.
[quote]
On 2013-11-05 22:11, Angelo Carbone wrote:
Tenyo rip others off? I doubt it.

Tenyo's version allows the bills to be placed on the table and not open up as other versions would.
[/quote]That's what I liked about it.
[quote]
On 2013-11-05 19:53, Frank Yuen wrote:
To the best of my knowledge, Tenyo always gets the permission of the creators. Two recent examples would be Dan Halan's Cardtoon deck and Steve Dusheck's Waltzing Matilda. I'd wait before accusing them of a breach of ethics.
[/quote]

It wouldn't be the Magic Café if we didn't throw stones first and ask questions later, lol.
It doesn't even look like Extreme Burn:

Extreme Burn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SGjyfA0j5s&feature=youtu.be&t=16s

Money Shock:

http://youtu.be/wkU56ZBy3RM?t=3s
A) its not extreme burn and b) tenyo are a very reputable firm and to the best of my knowledge get permission.
I don't own Extreme Burn but I do own Money Shock since a few days. Tenyo's version sure looks like it from what I can see on videos of Extreme Burn but it is very easy to do, almost self working actually. Also, as mentioned before by Angelo, you can casually place the bills on the table after the effect and nothing can be seen out of the ordinary.
I think Tenyo used something 'special' that Extreme Burn doesn't use which makes it so easy and possible to show everything to be 'normal' at the end, but again, I can't compare.
If it's an improvement then great , if they have got permission then great too . I was personally just saying that you can do that exact change with E burn amongst many others that you can't do with Pat Pages version except with this Tenyo version of course the dead flat laying down at the end ( is that necessary though ? ) Anyway love note change effects so will check it out . It's says 2014 so where can you buy now Killer Tweety ? Thanks for any info :)
Sent you pm Nanaswan!
Thank you :)
I love all the wild assumptions. Sheesh. Clearly that is not specifically "extreme Burn" which is a Pat Page trick with a something added. The guy clearly did not utilize the Sanders addition to a trick Sanders copied... I mean got inspiration from. Lets get all emotional and accuse Tenyo baselessly some more!
Joshua.
The thing you have to remember was that Extreme Burn took Easy money to the next level. You can do some many changes with EB that would be hard to do if not impossible was EM. Sanders work on it makes it worthy of not being called a copied effect. I have EB and then later bought EM and KNOW I can do more with EB. Sanders explored the concept much further than Page every dreamed. YOu should give him some respect and credit he deserves .

What is the concern for many of us is that with past versions you had to put in some work to make your own. Tenyo is sold world wide and still as a TOY. At $27 might not be in the ends of every kid you but know it will dimish the effect if the basic principle is there and someone had it.

BTW I would assume the tabling is a ruse. Think Boys. You can do that with EB as well. Try it. I think you over thought that one.
Is it Tenyo improved? I do not know. I hope it is as with many of their items, limited. However with the general public, if it looks like the one they have at home or the one EXPOSED ON YOUTUBE, AS MANY TENYO ITEMS CAN BE SEEN, it diminsh your performance in the feild.

So I think what youare seeing in the responses is this concern.
I am thinking about ordering, but if it is the same as EB, I'm going to be miffed. I would like to see a data bank created that contained any dealer, or magician who participates in piratecy.
Can anyone name any product that Tenyo has ever Ripped off, pirated, marketed without permission or license? Just curious.
Well put Tom!