(Close Window)
Topic: Miracle Coin Thru--Problem!
Last week I bought Tenyo's Miracle Coin Thru at the Unconventional Convention in Cumberland Falls, KY. It's well designed. The gimmicked area is perfect and doesn't give away the secret. But I do have a problem: It doesn't work!

I tried it both with a quarter and a nickel (and also without a coin), but a tap on the glass doesn't produce the coin. Even a hard tap is ineffective. Can someone help me out? (You can pm me if the solution requires revealing the secret.)
Put your fingers on top of the glass and push down with your finger tips. Hope that helps!
Rick11, I did that. No matter how much I push the f**p doesn't open...
Did you set the gimmick?
[quote]
On 2013-11-08 12:45, Rick11 wrote:
Did you set the gimmick?
[/quote]

:)
I had not set the gimmick!!

Thanks.
Always read the manual carefully before attempting to use the trick, Tenyo's manuals are very detailed and often some stuff is overlooked. I know the feeling, you want to try it out right away but that's not always a good idea :)
Wonder Window for example - there is something very important in the manual and if you don't do that specific action it will not work and you might wrongfully think you have one that doesn't work. Also it can more or less break if you attempt to perform it without that specific action. Mirage is another one, you have to place the blade in at the right angle in the correct hole or it can break. There are a lot more examples.
Anyway, you learned your lesson I suppose ;)
What do I do for a living? Write instructions.
What advice can I give you: ALWAYS read and follow the instructions.
Can this work with a borrowed ring?
[quote]On Mar 29, 2018, top_illusionist wrote:
Can this work with a borrowed ring? [/quote]
Unfortunately, no. Unless you can find a duplicate ring.
I see. Thanks KazMagic.
Hi. I have bought this too from Japan and canít figure out the japanese instructions. I just don't want to destroy it in loading the coin. Anyone can help me? PM me pls. Thanks
I was able to put the coin in the compartment but pushing down on the glass (lightly or heavily) doesnít seem to work...
[quote]On Oct 29, 2018, pierre888 wrote:
I was able to put the coin in the compartment but pushing down on the glass (lightly or heavily) doesnít seem to work... [/quote]

First, make sure the coaster is set and ready to go. Second, make sure that your glass fits properly on the coaster.
This is an excellent prop which I carry around often. I take it out when I am in a place where a glass is available because I donít want to carry a glass around with me. Visiting homes and restaurants solves that problem.