(Close Window)
Topic: Searches and Buy & Sell
Message: Posted by: greggtheballoonguy (Nov 14, 2013 04:02AM)
I cannot seem to find the Lets Make a Magic Deal forum. How do I get there? Also, when performing a search, I get an error message unless I choose a specific forum. That is very tedious and would take forever. The first option is "all of the forums", but when using that, it gives the error that I need to choose a forum. Any help?

Greatly appreciated
Guess you get get here very often. Both of the these questions have been asked and answer dozens of times. The first question is explained in detail in the rules forum however, basically you need 50 good posts to gain access to the Let's make a deal forum.

The search feature was limited to specific forums a long time ago. If you browse through the manager and tech forum, there are several options given by members to get around this outside of the Café.

Here's one of them.

if you need to search for something use this search term in google

site:themagiccafe.com *

replace the star with your own search term
ie...
site:themagiccafe.com vernon
site:themagiccafe.com wind spin
site:themagiccafe.com card magic
etc
[quote]
On 2013-11-14 05:45, Dave Scribner wrote:

if you need to search for something use this search term in google

site:themagiccafe.com *

replace the star with your own search term
ie...
site:themagiccafe.com vernon
site:themagiccafe.com wind spin
site:themagiccafe.com card magic
etc
[/quote]

I've been doing this for quite a while and with other sites. Sometimes, I find very interesting stuff that is not found otherwise.
Glad I've finally found a way around the search, was a bit confusing sometimes what forum to search under. Thanks for the tip
[quote]
On 2014-01-23 20:09, sammagic wrote:
Glad I've finally found a way around the search, was a bit confusing sometimes what forum to search under. Thanks for the tip
[/quote]

Now that the search feature is back to normal, there is no reason to use a work around.
Thanks for letting me know. My fault for not trying it.