(Close Window)
Topic: Hi from Australia
Hello all

I have been interested in magic for a while now. It started with a number of magic sets that sat under a bed collecting dust. One day I dusted them off and started working through the tricks of each set. I like close up magic.

I love to watch peoples expressions. I love the look of amazement. I guess this drives me to learn more.

I look forward to learning from the site and being friendly. I consider myself as a novice who can do some tricks but lacks showmanship. I hope I can learn some tricks from this site in regards to this.

Thank You for reading my post

Adam
G'day Adam
Welcome to the Café.
Yes, showmanship is a very important part of presenting a magic effect in a way that is entertaining.
Do you have any specific routines that you do often and that you are developing your showmanship with.
Enjoy the journey.
Bob Latta (aka Troppo Bob)
Welcome nicholascaged,

Starting with the simple kinds of effects that tend to come in Magic Sets is a good way to develop showmanship.

If you are seeing amazement on their faces, you are already on the right track.

Best of Luck.

-Mary Mowder
Need more Australian magicians!
Hi Adam, A wise man once said, We are all actors playing the part of a Magician. And I agree. Welcome!
Welcome! It's great to see new people getting bit by the magic bug! Warning...there is no cure!
Hi there welcome to the Café hope to get a chance to talk to you about our love, magic.
Welcome! It is great to see someone passionate about magic!
Thank you all for your kind replies

Bob guess still finding my way. I have upgraded some of my tricks which has brought about more amazement. I have learned to transition quicker to the next trick and found that people love to touch or choose items. Believing they
have free will / choice.

I get greater reactions from these types of tricks.

I need to work on patter and this is the area which requires the most improvement. I can complete the tricks happily. I would like to state generic tricks but feel I should put my own individual spin on them.

THank you for your positive posts Mr Danny/Mary Mowder/criketer15/nytaylor21/kaneda/ylyoo/troppobob

I look forward to chatting with you when we get a chance.

Regards

Adam