(Close Window)
Topic: Ag47
* 5 Killer coin effects!
* Honed to perfection over thousands of real world performances!
* Super visual
* Easy to master!
* Not one coin gimmick in sight!
* Guaranteed crowd pleasers
* Super Bonus Section

Alakazam are proud to present one of the UKfs finest magicians, a professional of almost 30 years,
a trailblazer of the corporate and close up world... Rajan with his debut DVD Ag47

This DVD covers 5 of Rajans top set working coin effects. Effects that Rajan performs on a daily basis and has done for over 20 years! Join Rajan as he teaches you every routine in great detail.

PLUCKED
A visually pleasing and fun to do bare hand production of 3 Silver Coins which seem to literarily materialise in and out of existence. Pure bubble gum for the eyes!

SIMPLIFLY
Distilled, triple filtered and so smooth! Absolute Magic!
This is possibly the clearest, purest and simplest of 3 flys.
Simplified so that anyone can do it, yet sophisticated to allow for your personality and presentation to shine through.

HS3
High Speed Three - eA fast but noisy departuref.
Like a high speed train, you hear it, you see it... but just for a second, then itfs gone,
3 silver coins drop from one hand to the other - you hear them, you see them - but just for a second... then theyfre gone!

SILVERWHERE
A diabolical, no lapping, no shell, no Han Ping Chien, no extra coins, coins thruf table with a great kicker endingc that you can do standing up.
The perfect silverware for the top table.

FRYING TIME
You will fry their brains with this brilliant Coins Across routine into the spectators hands, with the final coin appearing under their watch.
Lots of business, gags and lines that will leave them screaming! Rajan performs this in every close-up gig he does. So will you!
Hi Guys'

Here's the link for the trailer to Ag47 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S_xi-ZTASQ

Best Regards

Peter
Very interested. Would love to here some reviews -- especially on what "easy to master" means.
I m a coin guy. So I ll keep a close eye on this ;)
Looks like the release date in the UK is 12/10/13 on Alakazam's site and is ready for Pre Order. Does anyone know when it will be released in the US?
Hi Guys,

We are expecting to ship these out Friday. Murphys should have them early next week. Rember this is also being sold as a streaming video and we are offering FREE wordwide shipping on all pre-orders

Regards

Peter
Maybe a full performance of the BEST trick would be helpful, because the trailer didn't blow me away.

I don't mean to be a downer, but I didn't think too much of the vanish techniques at 1:21:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S_xi-ZTASQ&feature=youtu.be&t=1m21s

It looks exactly what it is...the coins are being retained in the right hand.

Please, a full performance to prove me wrong?
Hi Zombie,

Thanks for your post. I'm sure reviews will appear soon. Anyone interested in learning workable (real world) coin routines will love this DVD.

As I've mentioned before the aim of our trailers is not to fool magicians in to buying. It's to give an outline of effects. Sure I can work out methods for most things I see in trailers. But I'm a magician, and would expect to. What most pros look for in a trailer, is "will that sort of effect work for me"?

Best regards

Peter
[quote]
On 2013-12-04 11:01, Peter Nardi wrote:
Hi Zombie,

Thanks for your post. I'm sure reviews will appear soon. Anyone interested in learning workable (real world) coin routines will love this DVD.

As I've mentioned before the aim of our trailers is not to fool magicians in to buying. It's to give an outline of effects. Sure I can work out methods for most things I see in trailers. But I'm a magician, and would expect to. What most pros look for in a trailer, is "will that sort of effect work for me"?

Best regards

Peter
[/quote]

Actually, most Pro's don't buy new magic. They may say nice things out of professional courtesy, but they don't change their act every 10 minutes like we hobbyists do ( and we are the backbone of the magic retail world ).

I wasn't looking to "be fooled". I was looking for something that had a "wow" factor and I didn't see it in that "designed for working pro's" trailer.

:sun:
I'm with Zombie on this one...this certainly didn't have a wow factor. Also Peter Nardi, what does "Easy to Master" mean?

Regards,
Mike
Any reviews yet? I am curious, but yet reluctant to take the plunge..
Me too Puggo. Debating between this and new David Roth DVD they featured on WPR.
Hi Guy's

Here is a full performance clip of Simplifly

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=qBCu7K7ya80

Regards

Peter
Link doesn't seem to work -- for me anyway. Also, Peter if possible can you give us some thought on difficulty level -- i.e. if you can do a decent FD and RV you should be fine etc.

Thanks

P.S. (FWIW ESPerfect best trick I have ever bought)
Link does not work for me either.
Sorry, try this http://youtu.be/qBCu7K7ya80

As with most effects practice will be required but a basic knowledge of coin work is all you need to start running with these effects.

Regards

Peter
In my view, the Simplify routine looks utterly unoriginal, and this makes me wonder why a magician would release a trick so derivative of pre-existing work by others.

It's just a basic Three Fly sequence, as explored by numerous magicians since Chris Kenner popularized the effect. It includes Geoff Latta's "French Pop" vanish, as in Chris Kenner's routine. Simplify has, however, added some big flaws, including lots of hand contact and no clean shows.

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but I'm baffled as to why this effect was thought worthy of putting out on a DVD, and I wonder if the rest of the material is of similar quality.

Cheers,
Jerry
Just going from the previews I gotta agree with jerdunn. Nothing looks special here. Not terrible, just not special.
Hmmm. I think Peter's point stands, re laymen vs magicians. If it is correct that these routines are not knuckle-busters and are all un-gaffed, then this might well be good for pros who want to learn some more, effective coin work.

My coin work is gaffed to buggery, therefore my 3-fly looks super clean, but I don't think the average spectator would notice that much. Maybe we are being too sophisticated to give this it's due? There is no doubt he is a very effective magician.
[quote]
On 2013-12-10 13:48, Peter Nardi wrote:
Sorry, try this http://youtu.be/qBCu7K7ya80

As with most effects practice will be required but a basic knowledge of coin work is all you need to start running with these effects.

Regards

Peter
[/quote]

That could be called "Chimpanzee 3 Fly" because those strange hand/arm actions make it look like the motions of our closest living relatives, if they performed coin magic.

My own sources from beyond say.............

[i] The purchase of Ag47 By Rajan is the best way to throw away $40 if you want to learn poor technique [/i]
For an ungimmicked version, I think Daryl's Three Fly looks much better.

RNK
Meh...
[quote]
On 2013-12-04 13:16, insight wrote:
I'm with Zombie on this one...this certainly didn't have a wow factor. Also Peter Nardi, what does "Easy to Master" mean?

Regards,
Mike
[/quote]

Easy to master if you have three months expendable time! (Just kidding I don't even do coin magic. It's too hard to master)
I picked up the download and don't regret it at all!!!!
It's clear that Rajan is an experienced worker, and has worked the routines for years.
It's also very obvious that they work for him, and therefore should for anyone prepared to learn them.
No you won't be able to watch it and perform it the same day (unless of course you already know the moves taught!)
But is that all people want these days, magic straight out of the box?
His, his ideas an routines are variations on other coin plots, but please don't be out off by that!
I enjoyed the performances, the explanations were very clear, with attention to details where needed.
Also his bonus tips on softenening the coins are extremely valuable and will save you £££££!!!
I've already started working on my noisy Morgan Dollars!!
If you like coin routines, that can be performed ungaffed, some with borrowed coins, and are willing to put a little time into learning, you will be rewarded with some great routines that can be performed professionally, on the fly, impromptu..... for a lifetime :)
Thanks Rajan, please make sure this isn't your last release!!!!!
Matt.magicman - is there spectator involvement, or are all the routines of the "watch me do something amazing" variety? While I love those types of routines personally, there is not the same sort of connection with the audience compared to routines where they are actively involved. Thanks in advance for your response -

Bill
[quote]
On 2013-12-11 16:37, matt.magicman wrote:
I picked up the download and don't regret it at all!!!!
It's clear that Rajan is an experienced worker, and has worked the routines for years.
It's also very obvious that they work for him, and therefore should for anyone prepared to learn them.
No you won't be able to watch it and perform it the same day (unless of course you already know the moves taught!)
But is that all people want these days, magic straight out of the box?
His, his ideas an routines are variations on other coin plots, but please don't be out off by that!
I enjoyed the performances, the explanations were very clear, with attention to details where needed.
Also his bonus tips on softenening the coins are extremely valuable and will save you £££££!!!
I've already started working on my noisy Morgan Dollars!!
If you like coin routines, that can be performed ungaffed, some with borrowed coins, and are willing to put a little time into learning, you will be rewarded with some great routines that can be performed professionally, on the fly, impromptu..... for a lifetime :)
Thanks Rajan, please make sure this isn't your last release!!!!!
[/quote]

Maybe some of the other routines on the DVD are good- but the Three Fly does not look like a good routine. Some of the hand movements during the routine are not justified and looks like at times he is transferring coins from one hand to the other. I have no problem putting the time in to perfect sleights/routines as I perfected Daryl's Three Fly which looks much more magical than this. Maybe the moves taught on the DVD are worth learning but the Three Fly routine just simply does not look good.

RNK
Haven't seen this but what I do know and have seen many times first hand is that Rajan is a brilliant sleight of hand magician and is different gravy from any hobbyists ( Zombie and me included ) . I know sometimes this isn't the case as I know many so called pros at my club who are hopeless and many of us mere mortal hobbyists can outstrip . However this guy has got the chops trust me so his knowledge will be invaluable IMHO
OK fellas, I'm a bit of a newbie here so bear with me. I pre ordered Ag47 and was getting a bit worried by the negativity on the thread, but I needn't have been. It arrived 2 days ago and I was blown away by the quality and practicality of the routines. The teaching is excellent throughout, clear and concise, the routining and the misdirection masterful.

I have learnt a number of 3 fly's but this one is really great. You need to watch the Simplifly from behind to see just how clever it is. Yes the hands come together at times, but that's because there is no such thing as real magic - Da! But they come together in the context of 'explaining' and 'bantering' with the audience. During this routine Rajan is 'communicating' with his audience. Entertaining them! I will be doing this one.

However my main reason in buying Ag47 was to learn his coins thru' table (Silverwhere) as banquets and other dinners comprise a large part of my gigs and I have wanted to do coins thru' the table standing up for a long time but wasn't comfortable with other routines out there. Silverwhere is brilliant ! No gaffs, and with a kicker ending. The teaching is exact and a joy to watch. From this DVD, It's clear Rajan's a true working pro and really knows what he's doing and has done it for a very long time.

Nic Einhorn's testimonial on the trailer is true, though not self working, the routines are fairly easy to master. I think beginner/intermediate skills are what are needed. I am finding 'Plucked' the most demanding of the routines. But, another other day and I will have broken the back of it. I tried his hand lotion and it really works, unlike the Sport Kwik I paid £s for. I now have super grip. The best coin DVD I've got on my shelf.
[quote]
On 2013-12-13 06:57, skimagic wrote:

I have learnt a number of 3 fly's but this one is really great. You need to watch the Simplifly from behind to see just how clever it is. Yes the hands come together at times, but that's because there is no such thing as real magic - Da!

[/quote]

No ones claiming there is real magic- maybe you should re-read the post. What I was saying was that in Daryl's Three Fly the "moves" are much smoother and look more justified rather than simply putting your hand close to the other to accomplish the move. The goal is you want your routine to look like real magic to the audience- in AG47- this is not the case.

RNK
I totally disagree. But that's why its great to have variety, so we aren't all the same.
These routines have been audience tested in the real world for years. And that is obviously clear when you watch the performances.
Coins across, into their hands, a coin found under their watch, plenty of spectator incolvment I'd say !! :)
Thinking of purchasing the DVD. As I don't usually wear a jacket can the routines still be accomplished? Thank you
No jacket required mate!
Thank you Matt very much appreciated.
Got this about a month ago & have just watched it.

I have learnt a few coin routines over the years,Wayne Dobsons coins across & coins to glass. Routines by Chris Corn & Paul Wilsons brilliant 3 fly.

For a working pro. who wants to add 5 excellent routines to their working set, you don't have to look no further.

These routines take elements from other coin work(as all coin & card routines do from anyone who releases stuff)& combine them to create some truly astonioshing real world gems.

Love his simple coins across & stand up coins through table. They last just long enough for walk around audiences(obviously for coins through table though you have to wait until you are in the main room) where you have 30 to 40 minutes to approach each group during drinks before they are ushered into the main room for boring speeches with stuffed shirts etc. The usual corporate groups.

Like what I have seen on this dvd.

Well done Rajan & top marks to Peter again.

Mike Donoghue