(Close Window)
Topic: Is this idea worth anything?
I don't know if this idea is worth anything or not, but here goes: There is an old (I don't know source) and easy method of sticking a postage stamp to a ceiling.

It could be a 50 foot high ceiling. No need to climb ladders, etc. I was thinking that, if a good piece of magic could be built around this idea, there would be a double bit of astonishment. The effect itself, and the question regarding how the stamp (or prediction, or small card, etc.) ever got up on the ceiling to start with.

I'm also going with the idea that whatever you stuck on the ceiling beforehand would not be noticed by anyone until pointed out by you. Does anyone have any ideas as to what kind of effect could be created with this idea?
Nicholas
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Dec 27, 2003 04:27PM)
Not sure what exactly you are asking here.

X to impossible location is a classic and thousands of years old.

Card on ceiling using a dupe or something to stick it there is about a hundred years old.

what do you suspect might be new about your idea? or its presentation?
You know, you're right! I guess I was stuck on the idea of the postage stamp and never gave card on ceiling a thought. In fact, now that you mention it, the method is exactly the same. Talk about having the old blinders on. I guess you actually answered my basic question. Thanks!
Nicholas