(Close Window)
Topic: The Ring
Solid silver antiqued ring. Has Sanctum chapter 18 with the sanctum logo in the center. Heavy 18 grams. 24mm top. It's big and badass.
Awesome! Now my membership can be official :) Any pictures available?
Yes, pictures please!
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Jan 11, 2014 09:06AM)
Sounds like it would make a good pendulum!

I have been looking for an unique ring for a LONG time. A ring with a good (creepy) back story is something that I want. Maybe, just maybe, this will be what I am after.

Ray
What sizes?
WWy big? Isn't sanctum supposed to be a "secret" society? A discrete subtle ring would be better…

just my 2p ….
When I was a trainee Jeweller after leaving school, we used to get a lot of the Masonic rings on for repair.

They had a little swivel action, so they could hide the Masonic Symbol when they needed to.

[img]http://www.trocadero.com/hensteeth/items/1105820/catphoto.jpg[/img]

Very cool!
Definitely!!!!
Wow, that's really cool! Never have seen one of those before. Thanks for sharing!
I have to finalize the artwork on Monday. I'll take suggestions through Sunday at midnight. I'm doing this for all the sanctumites out there.

I think if someone asks what it is (and they will) you can tell them anything from a secret magick society to whatever.

The Freemason ring is well recognized but it doesn't matter because people still don't know what goes on in a Mason meeting.

Limited to 150 units (Don't worry it will take a year to sell that many)

It will have the sanctum man symbol in the middle. Very aged and old looking.

My vision is a large oval shape 25mm by 20mm. I was thinking it could have been used as a seal :)
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Jan 11, 2014 01:46PM)
This really is sounding cool as heck.

Ray
PK?
PK?
Oh my...
But can you make it swivel? :)
Making it swivel and pk would mean it would attract and repel too...

or if you could have an eye that opened or closed depending on how close it was to certain objects...

and then think about as part of a task/trial, a new member would have to be able to pick up the ring, but not be able too... a mini-arthurian legend of sorts...
[quote]
On 2014-01-11 17:15, Bill Cushman wrote:
But can you make it swivel? :)
[/quote]
[i]Like Elvis![/i]

The ring is a wax seal used by members since the first lodge opened in 1736. This ring is from Chapter 18 which was started by Cornelius Hobbs in Hells Kitchen, New York in 1925.

The ring images are reversed. If someone looked at the ring it would appear to have

MUTCNAS
(sanctum man symbol)
81 retpahC

When pressed in wax it reads correctly

Of course the letters will be reversed

Limited edition of 150- each ring will have the edition number engraved inside example 1-150

[i]Iain I always love your thinking. I want this style seal ring first. Its being hand cast and custom molded and a bit expensive to do.

I will think about another ring in the future that will be gaffed. This ring is a "true" relic of the early Sanctum Lodges.[/i]
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Jan 11, 2014 05:16PM)
I like the idea of something being engraved within the ring. Before the above post, I was thinking of taking the ring and having a small phase or word engraved inside the band. Also I was thinking if the side of the band was bare, this also could be left up to the buyer to personalize the ring. Just thinking out loud.

Ray
[quote]
On 2014-01-11 18:16, Magical Dimensions wrote:
I like the idea of something being engraved within the ring. Before the above post, I was thinking of taking the ring and having a small phase or word engraved inside the band. Also I was thinking if the side of the band was bare, this also could be left up to the buyer to personalize the ring. Just thinking out loud.
Ray
[/quote]
The sides are not engraved and you are correct. It leaves the buyer the opportunity to have additional engravings, which I can have my jeweler do at an additional charge if requested, or any jeweler can do it.

The rings will be available from size 8-13

It is a large ring. Just confirmed that it will be 25 mm x 22 mm on top
I WANT ~ I WANT !!!
By any chance is it the style that you could do De'Vo's awesome De'Ring move with it? In other words, is it built sort of like a smooth and wide "class ring" style?

Seth
[quote]
On 2014-01-12 01:15, Seth speaks wrote:
By any chance is it the style that you could do De'Vo's awesome De'Ring move with it? In other words, is it built sort of like a smooth and wide "class ring" style?

Seth
[/quote]
It's a smooth wide ring with a 25mm x 22mm top, the diameter of a U.S. quarter is about 25mm its big.
Rick, you have my attention.
And mine too....
The idea of the seal is pretty good.

I'd like to see something subtle:

Civil War Era Scottish Rite 14th Degree Ring
[url=http://s69.photobucket.com/user/bourkejames/media/private/Rings/CivilWarMasonicRing1a_zps18bfce7b.jpg.html][img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i56/bourkejames/private/Rings/CivilWarMasonicRing1a_zps18bfce7b.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://s69.photobucket.com/user/bourkejames/media/private/Rings/CivilWarMasonicRing7_zpsbdf4541e.jpg.html][img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i56/bourkejames/private/Rings/CivilWarMasonicRing7_zpsbdf4541e.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://s69.photobucket.com/user/bourkejames/media/private/Rings/CivilWarMasonicRing6_zps79c70636.jpg.html][img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i56/bourkejames/private/Rings/CivilWarMasonicRing6_zps79c70636.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://s69.photobucket.com/user/bourkejames/media/private/Rings/CivilWarMasonicRing1_zps3f882269.jpg.html][img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i56/bourkejames/private/Rings/CivilWarMasonicRing1_zps3f882269.jpg[/img][/url]
with Chapter 18 in latin and roman numerals.

or
[url=http://s69.photobucket.com/user/bourkejames/media/private/Rings/33rd_zpse62c6ef3.jpg.html][img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i56/bourkejames/private/Rings/33rd_zpse62c6ef3.jpg[/img][/url]

What do you think? Sanctum ring mk 2?
Hey man,

Sounds very cool -- save one for me :)

David
I have a great presentational routine idea for the sanctum ring that maybe you can include as a PDF for everyone :)
Can't wait to see this bad boy. I really wish it were a pk ring though. I have lamented the fact that I break every m******* ring I have owned. A signet ring with a magnet it in it would be the trick. I just haven't seen one I would consider wearing. A Roth designed one would sit nice on my finger.
Hi Guys,

This is the first of a series of rings we will be producing, some limited editions like the Sanctum seal ring, others will become a permanent part of my catalog.

A PK ring will be coming, but I've always been fascinated by the seal ring which dates back to the Egyptians and further.

I'll have pics on thursday. There is no pre-order. As soon as I approve the casting my jeweler will be able to cast rings. I'll have the webpage up this coming weekend.

Now...this is a big wicked looking ring. The top is 25mm from top to bottom of the oval. Because those that purchase this ring will be members of Sanctum chapter 18 a secret Magick society, the ring is designed so a layperson looking at it will not know what they are really looking at.

The letters are done in a Greek/Phonetician style. The letters and words are reversed making it very "cryptic" and even harder to understand what is on the ring.
When it is used as a seal the words come out and are easily read on the wax.

I'll also have two accessories for sale soon after the ring is out. One is a block of the wax like material for making the seal and the other is a small arcane melting pot.

I'm very excited about this release because as some of you may know I'm a bit of a ring nut.

Each ring will be numbered inside as 1 of 150

I'll have pics of the seal impression on thursday too.
This is practically making me drool
I love the Seal Ring idea, and as well would certainly love a signet PK as mentioned by Chris Meece
Fantastic !
Must have! I can give myself a Sanctum blister on my thumb! :)

Andre
Sounds great, can't wait to see pictures!
Now I'm looking forward to the ring and the other small items Rick mentioned. Rick, are the wax block and melting pot going usable on the boards and what not?
[quote]
On 2014-01-15 17:28, Andre Hagen wrote:
Must have! I can give myself a Sanctum blister on my thumb! :)

Andre
[/quote]

Now THAT is a fantastic idea Andre.
I'm very excited about this as I'm a big ring fan. Can't wait to see pics.
I really want a ring to add to my collection. I LOVE the idea that it's a wax seal and it will look mysterious and if someone asks me about it I could get all quiet and change the subject LOL Can't wait to see the pics.

Rick, I sent you a PM about this and another matter, but I might as well ask here: any idea on what the price will be? :)

Thanks,
spookyone
Just spent 3 hours with the jeweler looking at the wax mold and tweaking the design. It's finalized and I'll have pics Tuesday and then we hand cast 10 of each size to start 8 9 10 11 12 13 (the jeweler casts) on wednesday.

I have a test wax cast if you guys want me to post it.

Ring #1 of 150 is sold :)

These rings are hand cast using the lost wax method, hand engraved with the number and hand aged silver. It's a beast. 25mm oval top and 25 grams in weight.

Webpage will be up tomorrow

$135 shipped
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Jan 17, 2014 09:48PM)
A photo would be nice

Ray
Very reasonable price. I would love to see a pic. Now to figure out what my ring size is lol
[quote]
On 2014-01-17 22:45, Roth wrote:

I have a test wax cast if you guys want me to post it.

[/quote]

Post away...My Captain,My Captain !
This is a test wax. We had to rock the Chapter 18 up a bit to the right for the final wax. I'm 6'1 so I have fairly good size hands so you can see the size of this beast.
I had to put it on my pinkie because it would break the wax if I tried to slide it on my ring finger even though this is a size 9 my size

Remember everything is reversed so the seal comes out correct. Also the sigil is deeper than it appears so when you do an impression the sigil will rise above the lettering.

Imagine this in antique aged and weathered silver. Hope ya like it :)

[img]http://s18.postimg.cc/yv6casu4p/image_1.jpg[/img]
That,Rocks !

My order is in ! :)
This is a test wax. We had to rock the Chapter 18 up a bit to the right for the final wax. I'm 6'1 so I have fairly good size hands so you can see the size of this beast.

Remember everything is reversed so the seal comes out correct. Also the sigil is deeper than it appears so when you do an impression the sigil will rise above the lettering.

Imagine this in antique aged and weathered silver.

[img]http://s7.postimg.cc/533ho18jf/image_3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://s10.postimg.cc/mr6bwgewp/image_4.jpg[/img]
Ooh looks amazing on the ring finger. Can't wait to get my hands on it, and YAY for aged silver since silver is my colour (not a big yellow gold fan) :)
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Jan 18, 2014 10:35AM)
Hey guys,
I was just thinking and have a question.

If you (we) did belong to a special group of whatever, would we be issued an old antique aged weathered ring? Or would we really be given a new ring just for you (us).

If a member was given a ring, wouldn't it be that persons ring forever? And each person from the past to today would still be issued a new ring just for them. Maybe with a number on the inside of the band telling the society whose ring it belong to. Don't that make more sense than having an old ring? Do you get what I am trying to say.

Once issued, it is until dead do you part. Of course, there can always be a back story that it belong to old granddad, but why would you have it and why would you know about it?

Unless there can only be a certain number in the group and as each member passes on to the other side, a new member is found and that ring is issued once again. Hey, I like that story........

Just thinking aloud.

Ray
Depends on how the ring is bestowed upon you...no one is allowed to be admitted until a member passes to the other side...
Ray, my way of thinking is that S4nctum is a VERY exclusive secret society, more so than the masons or even Illuminati. It possibly dates back to Da Vinci. There are only ever 150 extant members at one time. When a member dies, their ring is returned to the organization to be bestowed upon the newest member, who is carefully chosen by the council. Only if a ring is permanently lost will they make a new one (maybe during a centennial meeting where all rings are returned and melted down and new ones are then made).

That's my thoughts, anyways :)

EDIT: Duh I just realized that's pretty much what you said LOL I didn't read your whole message, sorry! But interesting we came upon the same idea, as I wrote that to someone else in a PM last night :D
I like the idea of the ring being passed on. Not only is an aged ring more interesting looking, the stories you could tell about who wore it before you are ripe for the telling.
If aging is post casting ... maybe a person could choose aged or not ?
I think you should sell those wonderfully aged hands! They look like something from Doug Higley, lol. :)
[quote]
On 2014-01-18 14:08, Bill Cushman wrote:
I think you should sell those wonderfully aged hands! They look like something from Doug Higley, lol. :)

[/quote]

HAHA!
You can always clean the tarnish off the ring and shine it up :)

We are bringing back Chapter 18. As a ring holder you are a member. There are other "artifacts" that are part of membership including a new sanctum membership card. They will be available to members in the near future.

There will be a member forum "lodge" shortly.
That's a beauty!
The idea that the rings are handed down as one member passes is fantastic and explains the aged look for those who have issues with that. There have ever only been 150 members and always will be. Maybe there can be one solid gold ring (gold filled) for the leader :)
You really got my attention now Roth, that ring looks just awesome and I kind of like the idea that its giving on from member to member since ages...
Ring is looking great Rick, can't wait to see a finished one ! I love the story possibilities with it along the same lines as the secret Mason's & Illuminati's..........
Will definitely be one of the elite 150 :)

So, for our lodge meetings do we get to wear Fred Flinstone waterbuffalo hats ? LoL
[quote]
On 2014-01-18 15:08, bobbyhasbun wrote:
The idea that the rings are handed down as one member passes is fantastic and explains the aged look for those who have issues with that. There have ever only been 150 members and always will be. Maybe there can be one solid gold ring (gold filled) for the leader :)
[/quote]

So once they are gone, it means the only way to join if you are not willed the item is to kill the owner and take it.... especially since likely having the ring means you might also be immortal - you need to chop the finger off of the target to get it.

Hmmm.
My Membership,was passed down from a line of Falconers...
This is going to be good.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Jan 18, 2014 06:53PM)
A matching pendulum would kick azzzzzz!

Ray
I hope Rick,will keep this true to form!
Such as,to purchase a ring,you have a prior purhase of an Outlaw Effect! (Dues to be a Member)
Any of us,that has posted on this thread,has done many times fold!
Maybe,a list of members ONLY at Outlaw Forum!
Talk of presentation being kept at Outlaw Forum!

After all,it is a Secret Society !
I like it. The ring sounds cool. As does the secret society. I've purchased so many outlaw effects now...
It would be fun to bump into another member.
There should probably be a secret handshake that culminates in both parties showing their now empty wallets....
[quote]
On 2014-01-18 21:39, horus1 wrote:

There should probably be a secret handshake that culminates in both parties showing their now empty wallets....

[/quote]

Or,a secret code too..."Let me allow you,to buy me a drink !" :)
[/quote]

Or,a secret code too..."Let me allow you,to buy me a drink !" :)
[/quote]

Now that I like!
Person with the least outlaw products buys!
My 1st impressions: first, the price is very fair. Second, how would you use it? You can't explain it's an emblem of a secret society. The touchstone of such a club is secrecy. I can see it being used as a grace note ( unexplained) in a sealed envelope test. ( using an idea from Bascomb Jones Magick...where the sitter takes home a tarot card sealed in an envelope) The use of grace notes (a note that isn't part of the harmony or melody) can raise a piece to the level of Art. Taking home an envelope with such a unique seal is... unique. And third... I want to see what the seal looks like created by the ring... All in all, an interesting, creative and potentially useful item.
Also,as simple as a tool for misdirection !
People will look at,trying to read/figure out the symbol!
I ordered the ring and then began pondering the Sanctum Society story.
Their symbols and story lines were often used in the early OutLaw vids so they are familiar to me.

For instance the "sanctum man" will always be that old man with crutches at :041 of the Ark of Astaroth video.
In my mind...He forms half the Sanctum symbol with his crutches. I kinda dearly love him.

The Sanctum videos
Ark of Astaroth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7porwV9EOE8
Sanctum Sanctuary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inDg6Fno0_o
Sanctum 111
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrhBDsvce70
Hello Eddie,

You say you ordered the ring ... is it now availble for purchase? Is it on the Outlaw Effects website? Thanks :)

It is indeed on the website...Chapter 18.
Thank you :) found and ordered.
[quote]
On 2014-01-18 21:12, Godzilla wrote:
I hope Rick,will keep this true to form!
Such as,to purchase a ring,you have a prior purhase of an Outlaw Effect! (Dues to be a Member)
Any of us,that has posted on this thread,has done many times fold!
Maybe,a list of members ONLY at Outlaw Forum!
Talk of presentation being kept at Outlaw Forum!

After all,it is a Secret Society !
[/quote]

YES I think Sanctum II Sanctuary should be required as our membership cards (or if not required, included?) to build up the Sanctum myth. If only there was as legit secret sanctum site for the 150 exclusive members :D I imagine each chapter (of the at least 18) has 150 members.
[quote]
On 2014-01-18 14:38, Roth wrote:
You can always clean the tarnish off the ring and shine it up :)

We are bringing back Chapter 18. As a ring holder you are a member. There are other "artifacts" that are part of membership including a new sanctum membership card. They will be available to members in the near future.

There will be a member forum "lodge" shortly.
[/quote]

Oh sweet, this is exactly what I was thinking (why do I always read the threads backwards? LOL)
Man, was I blind... Took me forever to find it on the site... Indeed a very secret society... At least on smart phones ;-)
[quote]
On 2014-01-19 03:51, Sicnatius wrote:
Man, was I blind... Took me forever to find it on the site... Indeed a very secret society... At least on smart phones ;-)
[/quote]
There is a new menu button at the top of the home page.

Chapter 18

It is the chapter 18 shop
Very Nice! Great avenue your going down Roth with this ring and others that will come. Since Outlaw is taking payments now for the ring, are these being made per order based on size selected? What should buyers expect on delivery times for the casting and aging? I feel this ring will be popular with those fans here in the spooky, so if you get to 50 orders in a hurry- are you going to be able to keep up? Not trying to bust your rounds, but for me I will allow only up to the safe grace period paypal has. Here's a link for someone needing assistance with determining ring size:

http://pics.bluenile.com/assets/chrome/pdf/ring_sizing_guide_US_2012.pdf
[quote]
On 2014-01-19 17:06, MagiChrisMitch wrote:
Very Nice! Great avenue your going down Roth with this ring and others that will come. Since Outlaw is taking payments now for the ring, are these being made per order based on size selected? What should buyers expect on delivery times for the casting and aging? I feel this ring will be popular with those fans here in the spooky, so if you get to 50 orders in a hurry- are you going to be able to keep up? Not trying to bust your rounds, but for me I will allow only up to the safe grace period paypal has. Here's a link for someone needing assistance with determining ring size:

[/quote]
Thank you for the enquiry MCM. On Tuesday we are casting 10 of each size 8 9 10 11 12 13

They will all be cast in one day. At this point we have sold several already but they are all different sizes, so I would say starting next wednesday through Friday all orders will be shipping.

The molds will be done on Monday and at that point we can cast rings with a days notice if we run out of sizes.

New members will be receiving rings very quickly.

After we get rolling a ring will ship within 2-4 days of an order depending on the sizes in stock, and as I said, we're casting 10 of each size at a time.
They all ship aged, but purchase a nice silver cleaner and it will make it look new, if that's the look a buyer wants.
Good to know how the fulfillment on these will go and was surprised the largest size won't cost more.

Thanks
[quote]
On 2014-01-19 17:30, MagiChrisMitch wrote:
Good to know how the fulfillment on these will go and was surprised the largest size won't cost more.

Thanks
[/quote]
There is an additional $10 charge on size 12 and 13 :) (I couldn't talk my jeweler out of it)

The paypal buttons already reflect that.
Meant not much more (only $10)
[quote]
On 2014-01-19 17:53, MagiChrisMitch wrote:
Meant not much more (only $10)
[/quote]
You're right that is a very mild up-charge for the 12 13 sizes
Hi, please could someone post the pics of the ring again as all I can see is two small blue squares with a questions mark. Have tried right click on mouse but nothing :( Would very much like to see the design. Thanks
Weird, it's working for me. Maybe clear your cache or try a different browser?
So, I got impatient and PM'd Roth to ask when we can expect some pics of the finished ring :) He told me that they should be posted here and on the outlaw site tomorrow afternoon. Thought some of my fellow Chapter 18 members would want to know ;)
Rick,is keeping this true to form! (Nicely Done)
He changed the thread title,to keep it google proof!
Ha,We are becoming a Secret Society...
Really excited to see some pictures soon.
[quote]
On 2014-01-20 16:50, Godzilla wrote:
Rick,is keeping this true to form! (Nicely Done)
He changed the thread title,to keep it google proof!
Ha,We are becoming a Secret Society...

[/quote]

ooh I didn't even notice that. Maybe it wasn't Rick but a certain sekret society trying to avoid notice ;-)
I have it on good source,that there will be pictures of the actual 'Ring' posted tomorrow afternoon !
Yeah: Me, I posted it above :-P
[quote]
On 2014-01-20 17:42, spookyone wrote:
Yeah: Me, I posted it above :-P
[/quote]

Two,good sources ! :)
Haha :D
Will any pics be available tonight?
I just PM'd Roth to see when we can expect them :)
[quote]
On 2014-01-21 19:24, MagiChrisMitch wrote:
Will any pics be available tonight?
[/quote]
Yes, I'm at my jewelers now. I'll have pics of the ring and a wax seal tonight. The ring is a stunning beast, worthy of a very elite secret society :)
Sweet, thanks Roth!
This is my ring. It's #000. Now I like my rings really aged. The buyer rings are about 50% of the aging you see here. They will look old. If you want a nice shiny ring just get a little silver cleaner and it will shine up.

Now I have to tell you, I have a couple of silver Roman Intaglios (circa 200 A.D.) and this ring is the mother of all intaglios! It's big 25mm and its heavy 25 grams.

I picked it up about 4 hours ago and it's really weird but I feel like I belong to a secret society with this ring on, no B.S.
It was used to make the final production mold.
All orders up to today will be cast in the next two days and ship by saturday.

Hope you think it's as wicked as I do :bat:

[img]http://s18.postimg.cc/bpuvnbfbd/photo_5.jpg[/img]

[img]http://s9.postimg.cc/8xu8rmf7z/photo_1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://s29.postimg.cc/h6tf80ofb/photo_2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://s24.postimg.cc/49qsea6px/photo_3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://s28.postimg.cc/u2g42r5p9/photo_5.jpg[/img]
That is so,COOL !

She,is Beefy...

I feel like a member of the "Society",already!

Go have yourself a 'Brandy & Cigar' !
Wow! That ring looks so awesome, can't wait.......aeh for nothing :D
Wow, that is amazing. It's pretty HUGE and impressive. LOVE the wax seal impression!
Here are some pics of my ring (at the bottom) which is heavily aged and a version of the ring that is lightly aged. The light aged is actually a little more aged than it looks in the pics, the lighting washes it out a bit.
More pics of the "brimstone" ring posted above.

[img]http://s29.postimg.cc/eve4xb8h3/photo_2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://s9.postimg.cc/ca2k49pjj/photo_4.jpg[/img]

[img]http://s24.postimg.cc/nu8wasskl/photo_3.png[/img]

[img]http://s28.postimg.cc/kt1rj7xy5/photo_4.jpg[/img]
These ring just looks awesome. I like the less aged ring more and it makes sense because if you have such a rare "insignia of power" you would give it at least some minimum care.
That's stunning! Nice job, I'm guessing you've hardly slept in days knowing how you work. :)
Does it come with those rub on tattoos? :)
Oh yeah, I like the less aged one more personally. Super stoked!
Oddly enough,mine will have a lil' something engraved on the inside from,Rose !

I like the more aged,it was an item that was never removed...only at the time,they were shutting the lid!
Haha I love it!
[quote]
On 2014-01-22 16:08, Al Desmond wrote:
Does it come with those rub on tattoos? :)
[/quote]
Yes it does :)

This is the aging on the rings going out to buyers

[img]http://s29.postimg.cc/eve4xb8h3/photo_2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://s9.postimg.cc/ca2k49pjj/photo_4.jpg[/img]

[img]http://s24.postimg.cc/nu8wasskl/photo_3.png[/img]
Absolutely fantastic Rick!

I best get a ski mask and a toy gun.....

jk jk

very nice work sir, very nice
BEAUTIFUL !
This is exactly what I was hoping for!
Will be happy to wear and use my ring...and anxious to see things to come for Sanctum Chapter 18!
To my fellow first-degree members of Chapter 18: have a peek below in the crypt for something special for us from our friend Roth ;D
All ring orders up until 5:00pm P.S.T. tomorrow night will ship Monday :)
Wow, that's fast!
Unexpected fast, that's awesome news.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Jan 23, 2014 05:26PM)
Do you guys think that wearing the ring on the middle finger would be better than the ring finger? After all, maybe one of the clubs rules is for all members to wear the ring on the middle finger.

Ray
Ray...I may need a larger ring size than 13 to wear on middle finger!
Same here... Sometimes I have the feeling I got 5 thumbs on each hand.
Message: Posted by: revenantproductions (Jan 23, 2014 08:04PM)
Stunning job Roth!

Can't wait for mine arrive!
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Jan 23, 2014 09:46PM)
Rick,
Is the top of the ring hollow inside?

Ray
[quote]
On 2014-01-23 22:46, Magical Dimensions wrote:
Rick,
Ray
[/quote]
This ring is solid all the way through Ray
I am surprised a silver custom piece of this size is that cheap. I believe that is cheaper than my M ring I got a few years ago; it had a lot less silver in it.

I really wish I could pull the trigger on this at this time. With being a size dependent item like this, when this sells out used versions will be tricky to come by in my size. I don't normally like having rings on my fingers when I perform and I am trying to sell myself on having something that big on my finger. I guess a person could wear it around a necklace and then it would be easy to use it as a pendulum.

I do hope there is a later iteration of this as cool as this one with a m***** in it. That would bring the silver cost down some for the manufacturing.
[quote]
On 2014-01-23 23:24, Roth wrote:
[quote]
On 2014-01-23 22:46, Magical Dimensions wrote:
Rick,
Ray
[/quote]
This ring is solid all the way through Ray
[/quote]

Solid! Wow... very nice!!!
Rings are shipping tomorrow. Object #2 will appear on the site with some instructions and a caveat :)
I literally *just* noticed on refreshing the Outlaw site that the mysterious Object #2 was up. Only for those initiated into the 2nd degree. Can't wait to find out what it is for myself, and to keep the secrets of the Lodge.
Have they shipped? Is my precious on it's way????
[quote]
On 2014-01-28 02:24, Harlequin wrote:
Have they shipped? Is my precious on it's way????
[/quote]
Right now there is only one ring on its way to Australia. :)
Looking forward to wearing this beauty!

As Harlequin says, "my preciousssssssss" ;)

Resistance is futile. Ordered. Woohoo!!!
[quote]
On 2014-01-30 21:50, JAlenS wrote:
[/quote]

About,Time! :)
The ring arrived today. Honestly it surpasses my expectations. It looks exactly like what it is: an object with a curious lore behind it that's connected to current arcane activity. And it is very comfortable to wear. Not a big honkin' biker ring, it's something with real presence that wears well. As some of you will soon discover for yourselves. In other words... yeah man, it rocks!
[quote]
On 2014-01-31 00:33, Godzilla wrote:
[quote]
On 2014-01-30 21:50, JAlenS wrote:
[/quote]

About,Time! :)
[/quote]

I know G-man. I know :)
Wohoo just ordered... this looks real cool!
Joining the 18.....
2014 will definitely be a year my banker won't like.
Nice stuff.
Welcome aboard, gentlemen!
A package sat on my doorstep as I arrived home this evening. It's content sits upon my middle left finger as I type this. I feel a presence behind me, but am alone in my house.
I also joined.
Rick
Can you reply my Email or PM please?
[quote]
On 2014-02-05 11:25, WitchDoctor wrote:
Rick
Can you reply my Email or PM please?
[/quote]
Catching up on PMs now :)
I got mine today! It's beautiful. Unfortunately, it's a bit small as I must have gotten my ring size wrong but I can easily wear it on a chain, keep it in a box that belonged to Rose, or even wear it on my pinky with a tiny bit of padding to keep it on. It's a wonderful ring and the quality is amazing!
As soon as I get a chance to figure out my ring size, I'm in! I'm deeply intrigued by the entire project, including the lore that Rick has so masterfully created, and the additional objects and levels one can attain.
[quote]
On 2014-02-05 17:03, spookyone wrote:

Unfortunately, it's a bit small as I must have gotten my ring size wrong but I can easily wear it on a chain, keep it in a box that belonged to Rose, or even wear it on my pinky with a tiny bit of padding to keep it on. It's a wonderful ring and the quality is amazing!
[/quote]

You could have it re-sized!
Remember, the ring came from another!
More, back story ! :)
Mine, is to fit upon my pinky...
[quote]
On 2014-02-05 17:06, Mickturbo wrote:
As soon as I get a chance to figure out my ring size, I'm in! I'm deeply intrigued by the entire project, including the lore that Rick has so masterfully created, and the additional objects and levels one can attain.
[/quote]
We look forward to having you!
One ring to rule them all
One ring to find them
One ring to bring them all
and in the darkness bind them...
:)
[quote]
On 2014-02-05 17:36, Godzilla wrote:
[quote]
On 2014-02-05 17:03, spookyone wrote:

Unfortunately, it's a bit small as I must have gotten my ring size wrong but I can easily wear it on a chain, keep it in a box that belonged to Rose, or even wear it on my pinky with a tiny bit of padding to keep it on. It's a wonderful ring and the quality is amazing!
[/quote]

You could have it re-sized!

Remember, the ring came from another!
More, back story ! :)
Mine, is to fit upon my pinky...
[/quote]

Good point! I don't mind, really, since it's an "inherited" ring from the chapter and it works as a pinky ring, though I kind of like the idea of wearing it on a chain. Hmm..
ALRIGHT, Lookin forward to this one!
Hi All...

Just to let you know I received "The Ring" today...looks and feels fantastic. Solid, weighty, looks like it has been around for many, many years. I'll be using mine with wax sealing...

Continued Success,
Dr. Dan
For those who need a manner to size:

Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Feb 7, 2014 01:36AM)
I am so on the fence on this and I will tell you why.

This is a ring of meaning and belongs to a secret society that likes to remain in the shadows. BUT this ring screams to be noticed. I want to do things with this ring such as pendulum work, a which hand routines, lie detector, make it move on its own but that would cause attention to the ring. A ring that is meant to be under the radar of the masses.

I have had a story for a ring for a number of years now, that I got from a book. And have been looking for a ring that would go with the story and make it believable. This looks like the ring that would do this. The nuts and bolts of the story is that I found the ring in a most unusual way. A way that seems plausible but yet, gives the WTF moment at the same time. As I conclude the short story of finding a ring in one of my travels, I say, "And I have that ring RIGHT HERE!" As I raise my hand up and show a ring on my finger. Now this brings 100% focus on the ring because of the weird and might be true story that I just told.

So for me, this ring would be a special ring that I found that was still attached to its owner. But most of the owner wasn't there at the time I found it. This a WTF moment that may be real and I took the ring as a trophy or more like I was drawn to it and couldn't stop myself. It was as if the ring wanted to be passed on and not stop its journey with its previous owner.

Now that I have had the ring for some time, I swear that I see people just out of my line of sight and in my home at night. More like shadow people. I once placed the ring on the counter so that I could wash my hands and as I reach for the ring (here I demonstrate) the ring slid towards me as I reached for it. Once the ring has slid toward me, I pick it up and place it on my finger and stopped talking. Of course, everyone NOW wants to know more about the ring. This gives me a reason to continue talking about the ring, from here I would do a lie detector or a which hand. I would do this for real because the nose knows.......

Anyway, you get my point that if this right from outlaw is a secret ring, then what I just explained above shouldn't be done because it would bring attention to the ring. Since I found the ring and now gives me a reason to explore what it can do.

What do you guys think? Should the ring be played as a special secret society ring, or one with some powers? I see it was a combination of both worlds if I play the part of finding it in the matter that I did. I have a secret society ring that belongs to an old group of elders. I am the odd ball, because I now have the ring but do not belong to this secret society. But things are now happening in small ways because of this ring.

What are you thoughts. Should it just be a secret ring or a ring of some kind of bizarre magik.

I await your comments.
Ray
The ring is many things. You would like The 18.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Feb 7, 2014 01:55AM)
The chapter 18 ring ... Sounds cool.

Ray
[quote]
On 2014-02-07 02:55, Magical Dimensions wrote:
The chapter 18 ring ... Sounds cool.

Ray
[/quote]
It's just the beginning. You would like the Lodge too.
Ray,

The Ring is a doorway. Enter.

Like adornments of other similar societies, the Ring is not secret,nor necessarily is your membership, but everything that goes on in the Lodge IS under pain of . . .
[quote]
On 2014-02-07 12:28, gmeister wrote:
Like adornments of other similar societies, the Ring is not secret,nor necessarily is your membership, but everything that goes on in the Lodge IS under pain of . . .
[/quote]

We'll said GM.
Awww man, I really want to order my sanctum ring!! but Im still waiting on a few things from Outlaw! The whole membership concept is really cool hehe
Jordan, just order the ring ! :)

Get in, on the start...
[quote]
On 2014-02-09 20:15, Mind illusionist wrote:
Awww man, I really want to order my sanctum ring!! but Im still waiting on a few things from Outlaw! The whole membership concept is really cool hehe
[/quote]

I'm in the same boat, wish Rick would answer his bloody emails
[quote]
On 2014-02-09 20:38, Godzilla wrote:
Jordan, just order the ring ! :)

Get in, on the start...
[/quote]

Jordan (and takeachance) you may want to listen to The Lizard.

The Ring is not an Outlaw effect, even though it's available through Rick. I can say no more about it. However if you decide to acquire it, I have no doubt you'll be sporting it proudly in a very short time.

And that is but the start . . .
OK, I'm in
[quote]
On 2014-02-10 16:54, takeachance wrote:
OK, I'm in
[/quote]

WE , knew you would !
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Feb 10, 2014 05:07PM)
I cannot say much about this because I get a weird feeling that I am being watch. I passed a man today on the sidewalk and he stopped and looked at me. "What you know or thought you knew, isn't real..... Soon you will be among us. It has been written and it will come to pass. You belong to a special blood line that goes back in time." Then he removed his glove and showed me this big weird looking ring. It took my breath away because it looked evil and seem to have power. It was like a membership ring that you see in those late night movies.

Then he just walked away.......

I am worried that there is a group out there who is going to contact me. I have no idea about what and it scares the heck out of me. I don't know who to talk to about this. I am afraid that if I tell the police they will think that I have lost my mind and placed me in a crazy place where I don't want to go. I have a strong desire that this place is where I need to be. For some reason I feel as if I belong here. Don't ask me why...... I just feel it.

Oh my! Someone is walking up to my house....... They are carrying a small box....... I feel light headed as if a spell has been placed over me.

I have to go..... Why do I get the feeling that there are people watching me and wanting me to come to them? .... I have to go.... The door bell is ringing and the cold steel of my 357 seems so heavy that I am about to drop it. ..... I see shadows......more like outlines of people around me..... STOP RINGING THAT DOOR BELL..........!

I feel as if I am going to
[quote]
On 2014-02-10 18:07, Magical Dimensions wrote:
I cannot say much about this because I get a weird feeling that I am being watch. I passed a man today on the sidewalk and he stopped and looked at me. "What you know or thought you knew, isn't real..... Soon you will be among us. It has been written and it will come to pass. You belong to a special blood line that goes back in time." Then he removed his glove and showed me this big weird looking ring. It took my breath away because it looked evil and seem to have power. It was like a membership ring that you see in those late night movies.

Then he just walked away.......

I am worried that there is a group out there who is going to contact me. I have no idea about what and it scares the heck out of me. I don't know who to talk to about this. I am afraid that if I tell the police they will think that I have lost my mind and placed me in a crazy place where I don't want to go. I have a strong desire that this place is where I need to be. For some reason I feel as if I belong here. Don't ask me why...... I just feel it.

Oh my! Someone is walking up to my house....... They are carrying a small box....... I feel light headed as if a spell has been placed over me.

I have to go..... Why do I get the feeling that there are people watching me and wanting me to come to them? .... I have to go.... The door bell is ringing and the cold steel of my 357 seems so heavy that I am about to drop it. ..... I see shadows......more like outlines of people around me..... STOP RINGING THAT DOOR BELL..........!

I feel as if I am going to
[/quote]

Out with it! Does this mean you got your ring?
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Feb 10, 2014 06:36PM)
Those that belong don't share that kind of information.

The box contained directions to a really big house up in the mountains. I heard stories as a boy about this place but never really thought that it was true. I have some kind of passwords that I am supposed to use to enter the big house. I have been asked to not show my face to the others until I get to the big house. I will need to change my name to enter so that others can't spot me. I must remain in secret as the elders wished. Those at the table are not permitted to speak each others name. It seems as if there really is a group of the knowing. And they have been with us for some time. I get the feeling that they are going to give me something. Everyone has a ring, I am told that I will be presented with mine very soon.

That is all I know........
[quote]
I'm in the same boat, wish Rick would answer his bloody emails
[/quote]

Try PM here on the Café instead of email; Rick always answers messages on here promptly.
[quote]
On 2014-02-10 19:36, Magical Dimensions wrote:
[/quote]

Well, excuuussseeee me!!
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Feb 11, 2014 08:25AM)
[quote]
On 2014-02-11 08:56, afinemesh wrote:
[quote]
On 2014-02-10 19:36, Magical Dimensions wrote:
[/quote]

Well, excuuussseeee me!!
[/quote]

You are excused...... :)

Ray
Rick,

I wanna get The Ring
Feel free reply my PM chat about the detail^^

W.D.
"Now it's All, All For One...and, One For All !"
It's just a ring ........
Jesus I want this

nuff said

Shawn
Oh the torturous anticipation!!!
[quote]
On 2014-02-12 12:31, JAlenS wrote:
Oh the torturous anticipation!!!
[/quote]

What he said ;-)
[quote]
On 2014-02-07 02:32, guyactor wrote:
For those who need a manner to size:

[/quote]

I just went to a Target store and used their set of sizing rings for an exact fit. I told them up front that I just needed my ring size and they didn't see to mind.
Hi All

I don't post a lot on the Café but thought this might me helpful on this thread. Ring arrived in the UK today. This is a really well made (and heavy!) piece. I'm having a lot of fun using it to make wax seals on prediction envelopes - produces a really nice impression.

Have done some basic testing with it as a pendulum tied to an 'old' piece of string - response is pretty good and better than I expected but I need to play about with it more to get the right length etc. Also thought about combining it with Lebanon's CSI illusion - put 'The Ring' and a CSI ring on an old padlock - CSI ring will disappear as part of the regular presentation leaving 'The Ring' still in place. Back story would be about 'The Ring' having special powers etc. - the CSI ring would then be found inside a prediction envelope that has been in view all the time and sealed with a wax seal showing the strange stamp on 'The Ring.' Hopefully you get the idea!

I really like this a lot - it looks totally authentic and I think there is a lot of scope for building routines around it.

Hope it helps!
Andy
Something odd, has happen...my Ring, went onto my finger.
But, I have tried everything and can not remove it !
I, will have to learn to bare the Weight & Secrets...
[quote]
On 2014-02-13 16:59, Godzilla wrote:
Something odd, has happen...my Ring, went onto my finger.
But, I have tried everything and can not remove it !
I, will have to learn to bare the Weight & Secrets...
[/quote]

Rick may have applied super glue to your ring as a prank. ;)
[quote]
On 2014-02-13 19:55, Harlequin wrote:
[quote]

Rick may have applied super glue to your ring as a prank. ;)
[/quote]

It, does not taste like it ! :)
My ring arrived today and man did Rick do a great job with this.

The weight is great. I really looks like a quality signet ring. It calls to mind a class ring from a professional school. (reminds me of my law school class ring)

Can't wait for folks to ask about it so I can tell them its a ring from a secret society and that's about all I can say about it.

If you're on the fence, I'd suggest you pull the trigger and not be left wishing you had.
It's just a ring...or is it?
So everybody's gettin their rings, right?
Yep, lightning-fast shipping too, even to Canada :)
Sweet! I'm looking forward to mine!
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Feb 14, 2014 05:24AM)
[quote]
On 2014-02-13 22:22, reese wrote:
It's just a ring...or is it?
[/quote]

It is and isn't........ It can be anything you want it it be. I already have around 30 minutes of things that I can use it for.

I have been looking for a ring to fit a story that I had for a number of years and I finally found what I was looking for.

Once you place it on your finger you just like it!

It looks like no other and screams mystery!

I never thought of having a ring that can be used for a wax seal, but now that I have one, I can't ever see me parting with it.

This is money well spent and I am saving money for the other things.

Ray
[quote]
On 2014-02-13 23:51, afinemesh wrote:
Sweet! I'm looking forward to mine!
[/quote]

WOOT welcome aboard!
There are those who own the ring, and those who are owned by it.
I'm not entirely sure which category I would fall into.
Isn't Astaroth (whos symbol appears on many outlaw items) supposed to smell so bad that the magician is instructed to hold a silver ring under his nose that will mask the smell? As if another reason was needed to buy one of these! Very cool looking ring. If they are still around when I have any money I will get it.
The imagination associated with this ring continues to amaze
[quote]
On , reese wrote:
The imagination associated with this ring continues to amaze
[/quote]

Reese, I must agree with you there!
I am new to this group. I like what I hear. Hope to have good conversations regarding the bizarre. The ring is calling me.
Noticed, on the Outlaw site..." limited edition of 81 membership Rings ".
looks like, it is only going to be a run of 81.
And, I think over half of them have been purchased already !
It was talking to me in my sleep. Ok, I took the plunge that's another silver for Canada ;)
My package arrived today!!!!!
(Well had to fetch it from customs...no joke here in Germany :D)
Anyway...excellent stuff!
'nuff said!
Many thanks, Rick!
Beyonce Knowles said it best...

"Cause if you liked it, then you should have put a ring on it
If you liked it, then you shoulda put a ring on it
Don't be mad once you see that he want it
If you liked it, then you shoulda put a ring on it
Oh, oh, oh"
Since I do not get a reply for outlaw effects, I decided to write here. I just need a refund since I am bored to , exchange hundreds of emails to receive my orders in full. I spent thousands of dollars in that shop and Roth keep telling me lies each and every time. If you are unable to have an order ready, just be honest. It is a lot of money that you are holding for me telling me each time that you are ready to give me tracking number next day.
Last time you even told me "on my kids" ... I understand that some props are custom and hard to produce but again promise is promise. I decided not to order from outlaw and last year I made the same mistake to give him another chance. I am still waiting, I wrote a few things here as well, for Fantasma magic and Todd Karr. NEVER pre-order anything and never let more than 30 days to pass so you can claim early the scam with paypal to get a refund.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=419095&forum=110&24&start=0#23
My update is that I received replies from Fantasma and Todd Karr and we are trying to sort it out but no reply from Roth.
[quote]
On Mar 5, 2014, 1908 wrote:
My update is that I received replies from Fantasma and Todd Karr and we are trying to sort it out but no reply from Roth.
[/quote]
Please PM me

We sent a tracking number to you, let me know you have it.

Thanks.
I can't take it anymore I got to have that ring please send me one thanks Rick
I finally got the tracking number although I asked for a refund since I do not need what I ordered anymore, I ordered it for 2 specific shows but what to say. Do we have to write in forums and blogs to receive what we are paying for? My advice to other members is not to pre-order anything and if you order something, pay with paypal or credit card and if you do not receive it in 30 days, send an email and then open a case and claim your money back. You can not trust anyone and nobody respects the fact that is holding your money.
That Ring is a strange item. I don't use it in my shows, but it will improve your show indeed. :firedevil:
Well, one more time an Outlaw product has exceeded my expectations! I just received my Ring and it is perfect is many ways! First of all, it fits perfect. Second, the weight is really nice; it feels like something more than just a ring. I feels really comfortable on my finger and has a subtle strength that emanates from it.

I guess that means I'm under its spell. . .

Highly recommended!
After reading this post I decided that I have to have this ring, too. I am excited.

G.M.
Indeed! If anyone is still on the fence over this, believe me, you will not be disappointed. The ring fits well and looks good...at least on my tentacles. Thank you Rick.
Custom made items of this quality by an expert craftsman takes time. You will be glad he's not posting on forums and writing emails all day. He is working hard, its not mass produced and I don't think enough people realize the challenges one person has to supply a whole industry. I don't think anyone has a problem with the worth and value of his work at the end of the day. that's what make his items so important and of the highest quality they will go down in history as being classics. But yes if you take on the task you have to communicate to your customers and meet their expectations on that front as well. He needs an assistant (that would mean raising his prices, personally I'll wait).

As far as the ring is concerned its an item that will exceed your expectations.

1908 I would recommend you get for a refund or return it once you receive it. Rick will always help you in the end. People need to feel good about what they receive. We are all in the same family in the end.
Ring number 66 found the way to it's rightful heir over the holidays.
Fast turn around.. wife wanted it under the tree for me and the order went out days before Christmas.
Roth delivered in spades.
Communication was great and he drove out personally to pick it up from his dark artisans so I could get it in time.
It was a very cool gesture that I very much appreciate.

I can confirm the previous posts about the ring - ring true. It's a thing beauty. Mysterious... powerful...
The pics really do it justice. It's heavy... not a toy... not a token.
There is no way you wear it without someone commenting on it.

I'm just thrilled with it.

Only downside.. is that my membership to the lodge eludes me...
Can someone show me the entrance?
Message: Posted by: Pasteboard Alchemist (Jan 13, 2015 06:46AM)
Really glad to hear you like it. Mine still eludes me from the end of November, but I'm glad yours got to you by Xmas. I, too, have been looking for entrance to the lodge in the interim, but to no avail. Let me know if you have any luck.
Are these sold out? Or still available for order? I don't see them on his web site so I assume sold out?
Message: Posted by: Pasteboard Alchemist (Jan 13, 2015 09:51AM)
Still available. Under Arsenal -> Specialities -> The Ring
http://www.outlaw-effects.com/store/the-arsenal/specialities/the-ring.html
Thanks.. I was looking for something called Chapter 18..

Just ordered..
Today, someone pulled into my driveway with a package. They said "I believe that this belongs to you". I went inside and opened the package and found this inside! Spooky huh? :bat:
Thaddeus James, you certainly do possess a very mysterious ring OR does it now possess you?
Thank you Gaunt! I believe that it may, in fact, possess me. I feel as though I an being drawn toward many more strange and mysterious things. Being pulled farther into the "Dark Side", if you will. Ain't it GREAT????? :bigdance:
Welcome to the lodge, brother Thaddeus
[quote]On Feb 2, 2016, actorcoop wrote:
Welcome to the lodge, brother Thaddeus [/quote]

Thanks for the welcome! It feels different, but oh so familiar! Like I was always meant to be here.
Yes, welcome to the Lodge, used to be like the Hilton but now alas it's more like the motel 6, but we'll still keep a light on for you.
[quote]On Feb 4, 2016, bud.scott wrote:
Yes, welcome to the Lodge, used to be like the Hilton but now alas it's more like the motel 6, but we'll still keep a light on for you. [/quote]

Out of the ashes rises a phoenix... or something like that... ;)
[quote]On Feb 4, 2016, bud.scott wrote:
Yes, welcome to the Lodge, used to be like the Hilton but now alas it's more like the motel 666, but we'll still keep a light on for you. [/quote]

I fixed it for you bud.scott !
:bat:
I have the ring, and I'm not sure what to do with it at this point. The lodge is defunct (and was never really very much to begin with). I wonder if there are any other ring holders that are interested in reviving it? Or if there is anyone out there who would want to buy one for historical/ironic reasons?
I, too, have one. What to do with it?