(Close Window)
Topic: Podcast for Magicians
Help needed please.

for sometime I have bee considering starting a podcast aimed at the magician fraternity.
The topic is to be the business side of magic with interviews with successful magicians discussing how they did it.

My concerns, questions and where you can help.

I have looked at podcasts such as themagicwordpodcast and newswire and there seems to be very little engagement on the podcasts.
The production values are good, content is good, the interviews are big names yet the reviews are tiny. why do you think this is?

Creating a podcast is a huge commitment in time and money, do you think it is a worthwhile venture?
Anybody have any experience in doing this?
Anybody doing a podcast for magicians who will share experience?
Anybody regularly listening to magician podcasts that can share what it means to them?

Any feedback, guidance or suggestion is appreciated.

Regards,
Ken
Tom Crowel is doing exactly this.
I also like Tom Crowl's videos / interviews. Find them here: http://entertainment-experts.com/

James Munton also did some nice interviews (podcasts) that were available to his Magic Bistro members. [url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/search_post.php?topic=458335&forum=44&post=8221816]He recently said[/url] that he's going to try to make them available for his "Zero to Booked Solid" Course customers, now that the Bistro is closed.

- Donald
While podcasting is very interesting to me, it simply hasn't caught on with the masses. From a producer's point of view, it can be costly and labor intensive to generate a profit. Unless you are just doing it for a labor of love, it not simple to monetize it easily.

Plus podcasting has such specific content it generally is targeted to such a fragmented audience it hard to create success and popularize. Even with magic, it's s fragmented. Those that do closeup and card magic, have no interest in illusions or stage work. Those that are stage magician's have little concerns for restaurant work, etc. This makes target demographics even smaller.

Then the reverse side of the coin is to go more general topics, but then the complain is it's to generic and specific enough.

I think the medium simply has never been as strong as desired.
I consume podcasts daily. There's a lot of great stuff out there in itunes for marketing topics etc.

You asked, "The production values are good, content is good, the interviews are big names yet the reviews are tiny. why do you think this is?"

I find that all of the podcasters that I enjoy will regularly ask that the listeners go to iTunes and leave a review. It's all about delivering a quality product as far as content AND production quality. PLUS promoting the podcast. If they aren't promoting a good product, then they won't get many reviews and word will not spread quickly.

The others are correct on these points:
1) quality production equipment can cost a bit. But one can always go with cheaper equipment to get started and later upgrade. Check out http://www.podcastanswerman.com with Cliff Ravenscraft and http://www.smartpassiveincome.com with Pat Flynn for information on equipment and tutorials and articles on podcasting.
2) it does take a significant investment of time. That will vary according to how often you release a new episode. However you should release on a predictable schedule.
3) yes, market fragmentation is an issue. However, the magic publications target magicians in general in spite of our various specialties. People can pick and choose to listen to which ever episodes that most appeal to them. Accurate episode names and descriptions are critical.

I'm planning a podcast for my other business and actually ordering equipment for it this weekend.

I wish you all the best....Michael

P.S. http://www.Entrepreneuronfire.com or http://www.eofire.com with John Dumas put out a podcast recently with our very own Café member, Josh London, recently.
Just a heads up - thanks to a security issue with WordPress - some hackers injected malware into the Entertainment Experts site. Google has issued a warning and I have hired a company to go in and remove the problem. Appreciate the kind words about the site - I'll let people know when it is safe again. (Apparently you can't help others without getting slapped once and awhile.)

For Ken - the OP - Check in with Matt Bailey's Ventriloquism Weekly. He's doing podcasts with ventriloquists - a different subject, but he may be able to share some ideas. Do a Google search - or if you can't find him - PM me for an introduction.

Tom
Hi Michael, thanks for the heads up. I too consume podcasts and I am a subscriber to all you have mentioned. I am in a mastermind group with Pat Flynn and I coached him in the magic he used for his super session at NMX.
I have also contacted Josh and we have an interview setup for early Feb. The Magician Business podcast is due to launch 1st April. I would value your feedback when we go live.

Thanks to all for your comments so far. Tom I have sent you a PM.

Ken
[quote]
On 2014-01-17 11:40, Mindpro wrote:
While podcasting is very interesting to me, it simply hasn't caught on with the masses. From a producer's point of view, it can be costly and labor intensive to generate a profit. Unless you are just doing it for a labor of love, it not simple to monetize it easily.

Plus podcasting has such specific content it generally is targeted to such a fragmented audience it hard to create success and popularize. Even with magic, it's s fragmented. Those that do closeup and card magic, have no interest in illusions or stage work. Those that are stage magician's have little concerns for restaurant work, etc. This makes target demographics even smaller.

Then the reverse side of the coin is to go more general topics, but then the complain is it's to generic and specific enough.

I think the medium simply has never been as strong as desired.
[/quote]

I guess making over $100,000 a month isn't profitable. Take a look at http://www.entrepreneuronfire.com/income/

I was also interviewed on this podcast (you can listen here: http://www.entrepreneuronfire.com/podcast/josh-london-interview-and-john-lee-dumas-of-entrepreneur-on-fire/) and the response has been tremendous. I've even booked a few gigs from it and was asked to be on another podcast in relations to my PPC experience.

To say podcasts "hasn't caught on with the masses" is an incredible error in fact and just plain wrong.

Josh
A podcast that might be of interest to magicians is: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-gingerosity-podcast/id736796701?mt=2
Thanks David...I'll check it out.
I still think that the very best magic-related podcast I've listened to was The Magic Newswire that Ken mentioned in the original post:
http://www.linkingpage.com/

Hours of interviews with some great magicians.

- Mike
Magic Newswire is great! Also check out Two Magicians One Mic.
Quick update since I mentioned it here - http://entertainment-experts.com is back on-line. The hack was a malware injection that caused Google to Blacklist the site for a period. Took over a day to clean up - but Google has given us the green light.

If anyone ever suffers a hacked site - I can make some excellent recommendations. Not something anyone should have to suffer through...

Tom
Certainly Check Out The Amazing Scott Wells' "The Magic Word" podcasts... always awesome!
- http://TheMagicWordPodcast.com

Tom is a total RockStar and his stuff is Top of the Tops! MUST Watch/Listen!

Paul Romhany Interviews The Great Alan Watson On Success!
- http://www.youtube.com/user/AlanWatsonMagician - (7 Secrets of Success Video)

There lots more out there too... TONS of great stuff on magic AND business both inside and outside of magic... and I suppose there is always room for more... share what ya share!

Hope That Helps...

I am at Your Service and In HIS Service,
~ Deano in Reno
<><
I have a series of interviews "in the can" on the business of magic. Not sure if they will come out in Podcast format or just be available to subscribers. They expand on the series Ten Little Secrets that is appearing in Vanish
Surprised no one mentioned Peter Wardell and his The magic State of Mind. He explores many things that fascinate me as well, productivity, creativity, motivation etc
Sorry for the multiple posts.. I,m just above the plimsol line on a ship heading to Vanuatu and it keeps dropping out.

Tales from the Pitch is another excellent site packed with interviews and fun. Re . Street performing and busking
Hehehehe... I too have literally THOUSANDS of Hours of interviews with our industries best (Kevin James, Rick Thomas, Morgan Strebler, Eric Paul, Jim Snack, Steve Hart, Dave Dee, Joel Bauer and soooo many others... as well as other non-magic 'business' experts.) all done and in 'the can', as it were from all those years of my "Success Madness Radio" show. Many have been shared with my members, but lots more still there as well... thousand of hours is a LOT to go through. - HA!
I decided to throw my two cents on this issue based on the little bit of experience I have running my own podcast. (Thanks for the plug, David!) I'm Daniel GreenWolf and I run "The Gingerosity Podcast" (http://www.TheGingerosity.com).

I have spent a long time listening to podcasts. I'm of the right demographic to be into them (18-35 y/o), and my usual choices are generally non-magic podcasts like "The Nerdist" (Which has spun off into an entire podcasting network and niche media empire), "Penn's Sunday School" (Run by Penn Jillette), "The Adam Carolla Show" (Another little media empire in its own right), "WTF with Marc Marhon", etc. I was into the "Itricks' Magic Week In Review" , "The Magic Newswire", and my initial intro to Magician Podcasts was "Go Magic Go".

I have a theatre background, and spent quite a lot of time working with lighting and audio, eventually taking on karaoke and DJing as side jobs to fill in the occasional schedule gaps. As I listened to more and more podcasts, I decided I wanted to see what went into making a really great sounding podcast, which the basis of it is in music mixing. And then all of the info about the tech end and web end of a podcast.

After listening to podcasts for years, and doing audio work for years, and working on web design and promotion for years, I decided that I wanted to do a podcast. And my reasons were clear to me: Strengthen my own Branding, con all of the awesome people I know into having interesting conversations with me and getting them on file, Expose my fan base to people whom I respect and think they should experience, and to let my fans know more about who I am a little bit at a time with every interview.

But the overall reason I'm doing it is because I love podcasting. It's just like Performing Magic- If you're doing it for money, fame, or women- don't bother because you'll suck at it. And don't do it because you think it'll be a good marketing tool because it won't. There are easier and far less-expensive ways to market yourself in this world. You have to truly enjoy all the aspects of Podcasting and if you don't- do the parts you DO enjoy and pay someone else to do the stuff you DON'T.

I'm proud of the product I've produced because it's very honest, I think the quality of the podcast is up there with some of the bigger hitters and I'm seeing continual growth in my downloads every month (Note, I'm only 3 1/2 months in at this point... but still). I'm constantly learning about the ins and out of the technical level of it from the pre-production to post-production and I still haven't gotten it 100%. But I think I can provide a few tips if you're willing to hear them.

-Spend the money on great audio equipment and software. Nothing turns someone off of a podcast more than bad audio. And it doesn't have to cost you much. I use a 3 mic (Soon to be 4 Mic) setup with great brands (Behringer, Shure) and the setup cost me less than $300.

-Learn what makes great audio equipment and software great. Yo-Yo Ma's Cello won't make you sound like Yo-Yo Ma. Study up and really learn how to record clear sound without room noise, clicks, pops, the bleeps, the sweeps, and the creeps. And make sure you pick Adobe Soundbooth or Audacity or GarageBand or Vegas or a plethora of other programs out there and learn the hell out of it. And trust me, you will use it for years and still not know everything about it. So just learn to make it do what you want.

-Keep a theme and realize that once you pick a theme, you will be picking your audience. I decided I didn't want to make my podcast magicians only, but wanted to expose regular people to entertainers and how their brains work and what makes them awesome. And although my podcast has primarily had on magicians, in 14 episodes I've had magicians, a hypnotist, sideshow artists, actors, musicians, comedians, and a fight director. I wanted variety because I like variety. I also saw a hole as there wasn't a general public "Variety Entertainers" podcast and that's what I wanted to hear.

-Choose your schedule and keep it! I hate it when podcasts skip weeks without as much as an "I'm sorry", much less an explanation. Or one episode is on Wednesday one week then on Friday the next without warning. All the big boys have episodes on schedule and there's no reason you shouldn't commit to that as well. Especially with tech the way it is, and many podcasting sites allowing you to upload all your files and post in advance to be released when you want it to be, so you'll never miss a day.

-Pimp the heck out of it. Do not trust word of mouth alone, especially at first. Put it in front of everyone's ear holes and get them to listen so they'll keep coming back on their own (As long as you don't suck). DO NOT BE SUBTLE.

-Accept that you'll generally lose some money right off the bat, even if it's only a little. I'm lucky enough to have sponsors who pay for the operating costs of the podcast, but the podcast isn't making me money right now. Just like any business, profit takes time and quality.

-Finally- BEG for feedback from people you trust. BEG for feedback from your listeners and then listen to that feedback. You don't necessarily have to take the mob word as law, but if enough people tell you something sucks, you should try to work on it.

Alright, I've yammered enough. Hopefully you've gotten some minuscule nugget of info out of this rambling diatribe. I want to see more really good podcasts out there and I think I'm doing something right, so I hope that it will translate and I can help you do something right, too. Or save you a buttload of aggravation. Either way is a good thing. :)
Thanks for the plethora of information, Daniel. A friend of mine does a podcast 4 times a week, and I've been thinking about doing one myself. Your post gives me lots to think about before I get started. Well done!

Lou Serrano
Hi Guys,

I think more podcasts on magic would be a great thing! A friend and I started a podcast at the start of this year, before then I struggled to find many out there, this thread has made me aware of some which I will look into!

Our 'Deception Podcast' is a rather irreverent look at magic that airs weekly on a Friday (although you can join us live for the recording on Justin.tv/deceptionpodcast every Wednesday at 11.30am GMT) and is available on iTunes, Stitcher Radio or direct at http://www.deceptionconvention.co.uk/podcast.html

Although magic is inherently a visual art form, I think podcasting is a great way to keep up to date with what's happening in an easy to access format. So keep up the great work guys!

Jonti
Whoo Hoo... AFTER I posted my share above I was interviewed (IN The Airport Non-The-Less) on Scott Well's "Magic Word" Poscast... Listen in if you like.

=> http://TheMagicWordPodcast.com/scottwellsmagic/dean-hankey

Let me know how I can be of value!

I am at Your Service and In HIS Service,
~ Deano in Reno
<><

PS
I have thousand of hours of radio with my "Success Magic Radio" show and other podcast air-time and I'm happy to help if I can!
Thanks to all for the comments on this post. I was asking in plan for the release of the Magician Business Podcast. It went live on May 1st and we have two episodes up. Would value feedback in these early
stages.

Here is the iTunes link

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/magician-business-marketing/id870622531

or listen through the website

http://www.magicianbusiness.com/mb-001-much-charge-andrew-smith/

Thanks,
Ken
Hi Ken. I never knew it was you from the Café who put together www.magicianbusiness.com until I saw your previous avatar on your podcast website. Your podcast is my most favorite podcast in the world because it is 100% magician/entertainer business. I enjoyed speaking with you at the Kidabra Convention.
...and very well done brother Ken! Bravo!
Dynamike, what a pleasure it was meeting you at Kidabra. Dean, thank you for your kind words.
I locked myself out of Magic Café and could not get back in so I have started a new profile.

I am delighted to say the Magician Business Podcast has now surpassed 20.000 downloads since release in May and the listenership worldwide is growing daily.

Thanks for all your support.
Ken Kelly
Free Magician Podcasts

There like rabbits, springing up everywhere. So many sites with so much info. I figured I would consolidate the ones I have so far and let others add their own links to others if you know of any.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Magician Podcast - Richard Young
http://magicianspodcast.podbean.com/

14 David Williamson
13 Edward Hilsum
12 David Penn
11 Rob James
10 Noel Britten
09 James Freedman
08 Russ Stevens
07 Andi Gladwin
06 Anthony Owen
05 Graham Jolley
04 Fay Presto
03 Dave Bonsall
02 Pete Wardell
01 Paul Martin

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Magician Business - Ken Kelly & Julian Mather
http://www.magicianbusiness.com/magician-business-podcast/

34 Seasonal Work For Magicians
33 Stephanie Lee Harper
32 Eric Citron
31 Dominic Reyes
30 James Songster
29 Todd Neufeld
28 Eric Knaus (Great Zucchini)
27 Ken & Julian
26 Fred Becker
25 Stephen Cloete
24 Marvin Berglas
23 Jason and Stacy Alan
22 Ken Scott
21 Jim Keplinger
20 Joe Romano
19 Michael Messing & TomVojoh
18 Colette Kelly
17 Jeff McBride
16 David Ginn
15 Barry Friedman
14 Andi Gladwin
13 Keith Fields
12 Scott Evans
11 Steve Russell
10 Doug Scheer
09 Scott Wells
08 Ken & Julian
07 Brian Glow
06 Bryan Fulton
05 Tamar Kimmons
04 Josh London
03 Trevor Duffy
02 Jay Jay, Eric LeClerc and Julian Mather
01 Andrew Smith

The Magic Bistro
http://www.magicbistro.com/

Robert Blake
Eric Henning
Ian Kendall
George Quinn
Doc Eason
Jolly Roger

Previous Podcasts being re-uploaded eventually...

Successful Performercast with Kris Sheppard
http://successfulperformercast.com/

042 Doug Scheer
041 Dean Hankey
040 Shawn Farquhar
039 Zach Waldman
038 Brian Brushwood
037 Suzanne
036 Katrine Spang Hanssen
035 John CristThese
034 Eric Henning
033 CJ Johnson
032 Nick Lewin
031 Jay Alexander
030 Joe Diamond
029 Mark Kornhauser
028 Kevin Viner
027 Christian Cagigal
026 Micah Cover
025 Alex Ramon
024 Jonny Zavant
023 Jonathan Levit
022 Paul Green
021 Bizzaro
020 Scotty Meltzer
019 Tony Clark
018 Lou Serrano
017 Michael Eaton
016 Rick Gerber
015 Lou Santini
014 Tiff Jimber
013 Josh London
012 Melanie Devaney
011 Gabriel Morrison
010 Scott Marshall
009 Jason Escape
008 Wayne Gonce
007 Natalie Gelman
006 Kostya Kimlat
005 George Tovar
004 Simon Coronel
003 Scott Wells
002 Lindsay Benner
001 Shawn McMaster

The Magic Newswire - Dodd Vickers
http://magicnews.libsyn.com/webpage/category/%20Podcast

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-magic-newswire/id277451149?mt=2

329 Bill Goodwin
327 Rob Zabrecky
326 Everything Erdnase
325 Times Scare
324 Fire At The Magic Castle
323 Ken Klosterman
322 John Gaughan
321 Morgan Strebler
320 Emc 2011
318 Richard Wiseman
317 Emc 2011
316 Creative Magic
315 Imx 2011
314 Imx Meetup
311 Ffff 2011
312 Magic*Con 2011
311 Jay Sankey
308 Ibm 2011
307 Magicians In Japan
306 Banachek, Houchin & Mitchell
305 Jason England
204 Jim Steinmeyer
203 John Archer (V2)
202 R. Paul Wilson
291 Teller, Todd & Tomsoni
200 Tom Mullica
199 Dan Sperry & Ruby Coby
198 David Pogue
197 Steinmeyer, Ramon & Tweedy
196 Stan Allen
195 Dick Cavett
194 Dan Harlan
193 Obie Obrien :: Ffff
192 Lennart Green
191 David Williamson
190 Jc Wagner
189 Bill Malone
188 Sandy Marshall

The Magic Word with Scott Wells
http://themagicwordpodcast.com/

#203 - Banachek
#202 - Ken Kelly & Julian Mather -
#201 - Murray Sawchuck
#200 - How The Grinch Stole Christmas
#199 - Charles Gauci
#198 - Eric Henning Part 2
#197 - Eric Henning Part One
#196 - Julian Franklin and David Hinkin
#195 - John Gaspard
#194 - Scott Wells
#193 - Erik Dodell and Chris Collins
#192 - David Sousa
#191 - Buy Magic Online?
#190 - Jamie Salinas and Scott Wells
#189 Noel Britten
#188 - Charlie Randall,
#187 - Kevin James
#182 - Tom Blomquist
#181 - Wayne Houchin
#180 - Michael Dardant
#179 - Ray Anderson

Other episodes exist on the site.

Theory 11 Roundtable Discussions
http://www.theory11.com/roundtable-discussions.php

Steve Cohen
Jason England
Dan White
Dimitri Arleri
Zach Heath
Spidey
Andrei Jikh
Steve Cohen - Decoded
Daniel Madison
Andy Nyman
Christen Gerhart and Rob Anderson
Greg Rostami - iPredict+
Chris Mayhew - The Whole Thing
Steve Cohen - Chamber Magic
On The Edge with Vertigo
All About The Wire
Michael Herp
Dan White
Luis de Matos - EMC 2011
Blake Vogt on REF4M
Andrei Jikh on Genesis v2
Calen Morelli + Blake Vogt + CK
Calen Morelli - Creativity in Transit
Daniel Garcia - The New Projects
theory11 // + about the launch
Luke Dancy
Jesse Feinberg
Eric Ross
Homer Liwag
Jason England
Michael Hankins
Michael Weber & Derek Delgaudio
Andrei Jikh - Genesis v1
Chris Kenner on Magic-Con
Andrei Jikh on Cardistry
Michael Weber - Magic-Con
Eric Mead + John Lovick
Dave Buck + Jonathan Bayme
Luis de Matos + Chris Kenner
Homer Liwag + Chris Kenner
Apollo Robbins
Luke Dancy
Dan Sperry
Justin Kredible
Jason England - Round 2
Jonathan Bayme
Daniel Madison
Jason England & Chris Kenner
Doug McKenzie
Wayne Houchin
Jason England
Dan and Dave Buck
Bob Smith & Dan White
Richard Z
Daniel Garcia & Dan White
Andrei Jikh
Tom Isaacson
Wayne Houchin
Dan and Dave Buck

iTricks - Magic Week in Review
http://itricks.com/news/category/podcast-listings/

Justin Robert Young
Steven Brundage
Steve Bryant
Dan Harlan
Mat Franco
Tommy Wind
Rogue
Wizard Wars Host Ellen Fox
Alex Ramon
Ariann Black
Scott Wells
Justin Willman
Andrew Motiwalla
Rob Zabrecky
Murray SawChuck
Anton James
Rob Anderson
Chris Mayhew
Gabe Fajuri
John Pizzi
David Rangel
Bill Evans
Rick Lax
Ben Nemzer
Brian Daniel South
Harris III
Andrew Mayne
Kyle Marlett
Did Blaine Change the Game Again?
Women in Magic
Eric DeCamps
Chris Wayne
Justin Flom
Hawley Magic
Jarrett & Raja
Brian Bushwood - Scam School
Soma
Nathan Burton
Fielding West
Murray
Kevin Spencer
Harris III
Tim Ellis
Marco Tempest
John Van Der Put
Justin Willman
Andrew Mayne
Fran and Wayne Houchin
Tyler Wilson

More available on the site.

Aaron Fisher - Magic Podcasts
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/aaron-fisher-magic-podcasts/id383510446?mt=2

25 Podcasts - see above link.

Penguin Magic Podcasts
http://www.penguinmagic.com/podcasts.php

Alvo Stockman Interview!
Morgan Strebler Interview!
Episode 15: Jay Noblezada
Episode 14: Dealing with Hecklers
Luke Jermay Interview!
Episode 12: Mainstream magic
Gerry McCambridge Interview!
Special STS Episode: Jay Noblezada!
Episode 9: Show design
Episode 8: Start working

Episode 7: Sound in your show
Episode 6: Stage vs close-up magicians
Episode 5: Sets
Episode 4: What to do when your show bombs,
Episode 3: Your costume
Episode 2: Giving to your audience
Episode 1: Your show, your clients

The Gingerosity Podcast
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-gingerosity-podcast/id736796701?mt=2

43- Paul Draper
42- Rachel and Head Swag Wench Kim
41- Derrin Berger
40- Peter Juris
39- Brian Zachary Mayer
38- Vito Lupo
37- Scott Hitchcock
36- Eric DeCamps
35- Larry Rabin
34- David Doyle
33- Anton James
32- John Reid
31- Tim Bristol
30- Christopher Leidenfrost
29- Paolo Garbanzo
28- Head Swag Wench Kim
27- Wench Kim & Daniel
26- Sasha the Fire Gypsy
25- Roderick Russell
24- Harrison Greenbaum
23- Jonathan Frost
22- Kenneth Briodagh
21- Patrick Terry
20- Comedy Fight Show The Questless Company
19- John Reid
18- GreenWolf, Rachel, & Kim
17- Nigel Taylor
16- Kayla Drescher
15- Dave Mousch & Gil Earl
14- Mikayla Pachucki
13- Jim Spinnato
12- Morgan Morse of The Nameless Trio
11- Chris Pytlak
10- Dave Mirto of Mirtollucci & Sons
9- David London
8- Wyck
7- David Oliver
6- EvilDan & Colleen
5- Leslie Melville
4- Harley Newman
3- Jim Sisti
2- Jay Scott Berry
1- Illusionist David Garrity

Deception Podcasts
http://www.deceptionconvention.co.uk/podcast.html

18 Episodes, see the link
Magician to Magician - Peter Wardell
http://magicstateofmind.com/author/admin/
36 episodes, and updated with new ones each month

----------------------------------------------------------------

Ellusionist Podcast
http://blog.ellusionist.com/category/magic-artist-intervies/
At least 2 episodes, maybe more.

Smoke and Mirrors - The Magic Radio Show
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=313781552
http://www.smokeandmirrorsradioshow.com/
10 episodes, and 2 bonus eps on itunes only

Theatrical Magic, The Podcast
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=255234217
http://flip-side.podomatic.com/
9 Episodes
Whoo Hoo… Nice List… NIIIICE Share! – Thanks!

I will add the “Success Madness Radio-Active” Show to the list as well as I am ‘re-launching’ after literally over a thousand hours of broadcast content with folks like Joel Bauer, Chris Carey, Kevin James, Rick Thomas, Morgan Strebler, Rick Allen, Mike Rogers, Larry Wilson, Eli Kerr, Steve Hart, Jim Snack, Jack Turk, Dave Dee and zillions of others real business leaders and insider experts. - - We did our show (fortunately or unfortunately) loooong before ‘podcasting’ was even “A Thing”. – So we will be re-launching with-in the next little while with an INCREDIBLE Line up of ‘experienced experts’ as well as unlocking the vault of ‘lost episodes’ that maybe only ever were maybe only ever air during the original LIVE Broadcast.

ALSO, in the meanwhile, I have been honored to have been invited and interviewed as a guest on several of the shows mentioned in your list

Happy to be back and re-joining the on-growing family of broadcasters/podcasters!

THANKS for the Comprehensive List and we’ll also keep ya’ posted as we fully re-launch our “Success Madness Radio-Active Show”!

THANKS!

Serving You and Your Success,
~ Dean
<><
Honored to share some more 'VIP Keys To Success Insights' With Ken and Julian on The Magician Business Podcast.

ENJOY and let me know how I can serve you!

http://www.magicianbusiness.com/mb-36-serve-your-way-to-magic-success-with-dean-hankey
Hi Guys,

My FREE weekly podcast for magicians has just wrapped up series 1. There are 24 episodes with 24 different brilliant magicians. I hope you will consider giving them a listen. They are available on iTunes, Podbean and Stitcher here:

Podbean: http://magicianspodcast.podbean.com
Stitcher: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-magicians-podcast
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-magicians-podcast/id932102286?mt=2

Our Twitter: @MagicianPodcast
Our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MagiciansPodcast

Best wishes,

Richard Young
Welcome, thanks for the shameless plug.
I wonder when "R1ch-Oxford" will chime in.
Shameless plug is one rather unpleasant and negative way of putting it.

The Magicians' Podcast is FREE to listen to and a non profit making project created for the enjoyment and use of any and all magicians across the globe to further all aspects of what we do with our magic by hearing from some great magicians at the top of their game. So please do forgive me for wanting to spread the word to as many magicians as possible. If this page on this forum isn't the place to 'shamelessly plug' it, I really don't know where is?

Charlie, R1ch-Oxford will not 'chime in' because I can't seem to retrieve the password for that account, hence why I opened a new one. There is no multi platform underhanded marketing strategy conspiracy at this end sadly for you.
[quote]On Mar 7, 2015, r1chyoung wrote:
There is no multi platform underhanded marketing strategy conspiracy at this end sadly for you. [/quote]

Got it - glad to hear. Hopefully you understand the confusion created when one sees the multi platform entries in this thread:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=573962&forum=218

I recognize that the entries were clearly coming from the same person with no intent to deceive, but it was peculiar just the same, especially when all of the entries are focused around your service.
Shameless plug is one rather unpleasant and negative way of putting it.

...If this page on this forum isn't the place to 'shamelessly plug' it, I really don't know where is?
[/quote]

Actually it's not, the Latest & Greatest forum is the correct forum for new releases and projects, which you have also made entire duplicate posts and are quite aware of it's existence.

Also it's reference is to only promoting your podcasts and projects here (free or not) rather than being a regular contributor and participant.

The Magicians' Podcast is FREE to listen to and a non profit making project created for the enjoyment and use of any and all magicians across the globe to further all aspects of what we do with our magic by hearing from some great magicians at the top of their game. So please do forgive me for wanting to spread the word to as many magicians as possible. [/quote]

It still sounds like a shameless plug to me.
Actually I would not (and do not) look in the "Latest and Greatest" topic at any time, let alone for business related items. I always thought this was the place for those. So I guess I will have to look in there now and then.

So that being said....thank-you for the duplicate post Richard as I would never have seen it otherwise.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
Thanks Richard.

I have never looked in the Latest and Greatest section either.

Maybe mindpro could explain to us who this section is reserved for.

Tom
Tom and Blair, thank you so much. I am so pleased my post was useful to you. I hope you get something of value from the Podcast series.

Best wishes to you both.

Richard Young
I want to thank you too, Richard.
I really like the podcasts of Magician Business from Ken & Julian.

For my daily job (I'm a van-driver and do urgent deliveries) I drive since May 2014 daily from the neighbourhood of Antwerp to Paris to deliver the internet orders for Nike. Because of the heavy traffic in and around Paris, I spend (waste) a lot of time, time I didn't used well before. With the podcast burned on a cd or usb-stick, I can learn from the experiences of other magicians/entertainers while I'm on the road...and in traffic jam! And best of all: while I'm learning from it, I'm payed through my boss!!!

Thanks Ken & Julian for the good job so far, keep on going!

After I'm through all the episodes of this podcast I will explore the next one, and ofcourse, I will follow up the next podcasts of Magician Business.

Greets
Rich - I loved every episode of your podcast series. It was sad to see the series end. I would love another series!

Ken and Julian's Business Podcast has taught me a lot, a lot, I enjoy every episode, even the ones that I initially think aren't relevant.

Thanks!
Thanks Ryan,

Series 2 has just begun today. My first two episodes are available now, they contain interviews with Ben Hart and Luke Jermay. You can listen to them in three different places right now:

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-magicians-podcast/id932102286?mt=2

Podbean: http://magicianspodcast.podbean.com

Stitcher: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-magicians-podcast

I hope you enjoy the new series.

Richard Young
Ken & Julian's podcast is changing my magic life in many ways. Thanks so much for the Magician's business podcast.
[quote]On Mar 8, 2015, Mindpro wrote:

The Magicians' Podcast is FREE to listen to and a non profit making project created for the enjoyment and use of any and all magicians across the globe to further all aspects of what we do with our magic by hearing from some great magicians at the top of their game. So please do forgive me for wanting to spread the word to as many magicians as possible. [/quote]

It still sounds like a shameless plug to me. [/quote]

So glad that Mindpro is here to set us all straight as to where (and how) we should all be posting.

I am with Blair and would never have seen this podcast recommendation as I don't visit the latest and greatest section.

Thanks for sharing Richard!

Josh
Http://www.markleveridge.co.uk/ has a monthly free podcast which is worth a listen
Just thought I would throw my hat into the ring and let you know about my own podcast which is also free; The Dave Attwood Show. We just celebrated out 100th episode and we have some of the biggest names in magic on our show talking about living the life of a magician and the business of magic.
As with a number of the posts, thank you for the Podcasts. Too bad you can't make everyone happy. but that's life!
My podcast, "Ballycast, the podcast of the carnival, sideshow and burlesque," often contains material that specifically relates to my former magic career, as well as material applicable to multiple types of performance skills. I've dealt with stage movement (Episode 51 "What to Do With a Body", [url=http://ballycast.com/?p=259]Episode 51[/url]), fire performance ([url=http://ballycast.com/?p=101]Episode 42[/url]), oldtime movie theater spook shows ([url=http://ballycast.com/?p=69]Episode 41[/url]), the "house concert" type of performance venue ([url=http://ballycast.com/?p=1763]Episode 79[/url]) and a lot more topics that you might find helpful.
Series 2 of The Magicians' Podcast reaches it's conclusion today with a double bill of episodes with DYNAMO and his manager Dan Albion.

Incredibly nothing was off limits and both of them answered all of my questions regarding some of the more controversial aspects of the DYNAMO brand including the way the TV show is edited, Criss Angel's accusations of plagiarism, the incident with the wires at the top of The Shard and many others.

You can listen to both episodes now (for free) on our website:

http://www.themagicianspodcast.com

or on iTunes:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-magicians-podcast/id932102286?mt=2

I hope you enjoy the conclusion to the series.
Definitely check out "The Successful Performercast"
The Magicians' Podcast returns for a third series of 24 episodes today:

They are completely free and you can listen to them here: http://magicianspodcast.podbean.com

The series begins with a double bill with Sam Strange (half of the double act Young & Strange) and the 2014 Britain's Got Talent finalist Darcy Oake (A controversial episode).

I hope you enjoy them.

Richard Young

Creator & Host of The Magicians' Podcast
Found Richard's podcasts recently and working my way through back issues. Some cracking interviews. Halfway through Nyman. Brilliant.
thanks for all the work you put in :)
Hi guys,

There are now 65 completely free interviews on The Magicians' Podcast page with some of the worlds most incredible magicians including David Williamson, Dynamo, Kevin James, Mike Caveney, Andy Nyman, David Berglas, Guy Hollingworth, Piff The Magic Dragon, Darcy Oake, Paul Daniels, Luke Jermay, John Archer and many many more for you to check out right now.

It is FREE folks, no cost at all, no catch, just thought provoking conversation to improve your magic. You have nothing to lose and everything to learn by giving one a go.

Take a look here:

http://magicianspodcast.podbean.com

Give one a try and remember to press the subscribe button because a new episode is uploaded every single Friday.

Thanks!

Richard Young

Creator & Host of The Magicians' Podcast on iTunes and Podbean