(Close Window)
Topic: Can I ban steve brooks?
Cause I'm fed up with the spam he's sending
For what its worth I asked once if there could be an option to turn thoes messages off and people jumped down my throat about it, so I can only imagine that this thread will go the same route before being locked/deleted.
Maybe you could ask for your money back. :D
[url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=195739&forum=40&1]Click Here![/url]

(Pinned thread at the very top of this forum area.)

- Donald
I enjoy the ads for magic.
Just go with the flow.
I also don't like the ads, but this is Steve Brook's website and he's free to do whatever he wants. Be careful my friend because in the end it may be you who gets banned. Besides, its a small price to pay for the info and community you get here.
[quote]
On 2014-01-25 09:19, taikuutta wrote:
[/quote]

WOW! Is it hurting your little finger,moving the little arrow,and pushing the little delete button...Every,Now & Then ?
[quote]
On 2014-01-25 12:39, Godzilla wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

WOW! Is it hurting your little finger,moving the little arrow,and pushing the little delete button...Every,Now & Then ?
[/quote]

LOL
[quote]
[/quote]

He's not sending - you're visiting.

He lets you use this resource free of charge...and you're complaining. That's pretty low class.
And you don't have to open the messages. It's a free site and you have the freedom to read what you want. If you're not interested in Steve's messages, then don't read them. However, when you miss an opportunity don't use the Café to post something like, "if I had only known about this". Steve has a lot of friends and only forwards information that might otherwise not be known.
I have not received any spam. I do sometimes have some news in my Magic Café private message folder concerning new releases or offers for forum members.

Mike
[quote]
On 2014-01-25 17:41, MikeHolbrook wrote:
I have not received any spam. I do sometimes have some news in my Magic Café private message folder concerning new releases or offers for forum members.

Mike
[/quote]

That's what he's referring to. It's the only way Steve communicates to every member.
[quote]
On 2014-01-25 15:12, Chessmann wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

He's not sending - you're visiting.

He let's you use this resource free of charge...and you're complaining. That's pretty low class.
[/quote]

I agree Chessmann. It's EXTREMELY low class. If the OP doesn't like it he is free to go elsewhere. The Café is a FREE resource for magicians that wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Steve.

God forbid that Steve decided to charge a reasonable subscription fee. Those who feel the same entitlement as the OP would go ballistic.
[b]taikuutta[/b],

I see you joined the Magic Café [i]Nov 09, 2009[/i] and as of this writing and have contributed 65 posts to the community.

It occurs to me that you agreed to follow our rules & policies when you joined (you have no choice if you want to be a member) including the following paragraph:

"[i]SPECIAL NOTE:[/i] Occasionally members may receive announcements or special offers via [i]private message[/i] from [b]The Magic Café[/b] and its sponsors, or [b]The Magic Bakery[/b] regarding magical products or events which we feel may be of interest to our magical members. When you signed up as a member of the Magic Café you agreed to receiving such notices from us as part of your FREE membership. This is a small price to pay for free access to such a great resource such as The Magic Café. Besides, if the message does not interest you, delete it. ;) "

What part of this do you not understand?

We send nobody spam or messages via email - nobody.

As the paragraph above states we do send information via private message to your private message folder which we let you use for free.

What am I missing here?

If this really bothers you sir I can remove your membership, simply send me a private message with your request.

Thank you. :smoke:

---