(Close Window)
Topic: Buy loops or make them yourself ?
Everything is in the title. Which one's better (based on price and durability)
I prefer to just tie them myself.
If you make them yourself, just don't make the same mistake I did - make sure you're buying the elastic kind.
Very frustrating trying to make loops from a non elastic thread.
Going to point out the obvious but buy the best thread you can to make them. Also play around with length it may surprise you what a little more or less can do.
For sure it's a lot cheaper to make
them yourself.And as said above.You
can custom make them to fit your style.
Todd
I just recieved Subdivided Studios' Legacy Emergency Kit for tieing IET Bands (aka Loops) and it makes it soo easy. I think its like $40 (and comes with a spool of thread) but if you intend to use IET Bands a lot then this is the way to go. It teaches you a super easy way to tie your own bands. I watched the DVD once and then again with thread in hand and was able to tie a dozen bands in like 30 mins during that sitting. I'm sure I would get faster and faster the more I tied. I just felt like a dozen was good amount to start with and practice some tricks. It is a great method.

Not having experience with any other thread, the Legacy thread that the kit comes with seems great so far. It's strong, hard to see and very elastic. I have a spool of Yigal Mesika's thread waiting on the sideline. I bought it awhile ago and was never able to tie IET bands until now. So, when I run through my legacy thread I will probably try it but I don't have a comparison as of yet. I will also look into buying a larger spool of legacy thread as it works really well so far in practice (I freaked my daughter out levitating an index card...it was great).

So, if you want to get into IET Bands (aka Loops)I whole heartedly recommend tieing your own and using the Legacy Emergency kit to get started.

Subdivided Studios also offer the Trinity System which I don't have any experience with but I cannot imagine how the tieing bands can get any easier. Maybe someone else can speak about it...

Anyways, My .02.

-Robert
I strongly recommend you tie your own. I own both the Legacy Emergency kit and the Trinity System. Both products work fine, but I use the Trinity System more often since I can tie any size band with more precision. Good luck.
Thank you gostone23 and whiteoakcanyon for your kind words on our Products!!!!!
sorry been away for a bit but Im back!!!!!!!

tying your own is the smart thing to do, specialy if you are new to IET and going to break thread over and over. this way you tie your bands and if you break them your not going to break the bank learning tention of the IET and give up before you are creating miricals!!!!
Anything you can make yourself is something you should make yourself, IMHO.
I use the Trinity System as well and find these very easy to make. I usually will crank out a bunch in one sitting so I am stocked for awhile.

Dan.
I make my own but if you can justify the cost just buy them less hassle. I found that when I make my own I tend to be more risky with them because breakage is not a big deal.
I pretty much swear by the LEK.
I want to share so others don't make the same mistake.
I purchased 5 bands from a China website for $2.50.
For that price, I wanted to give it a try.
Big mistake. The bands (loops) break very easy. This happens when I do the stretching setup.
I also have Mesika's loops and they are much much better but I feel way overpriced, which is why I was looking for cheaper alternatives.

Even though the Mesika loops last longer, I sometimes forget I have it on and I lose or break them when I change shirts, sweaters.
After a while, $2.50 each adds up.
I have the Trinity System and some IET. I also have "Million Dollar Knot". I will soon try to make my own.
:stout:
Yet another vote for the "Trinity System"

Once of the best IE products of all time, in my opinion