(Close Window)
Topic: Please pray for Aldo Columbini
Such sad news to report to my Magic Friends this morning...
Aldo Columbini has suffered a catastrophic stroke.

This is what his wife Rachel Wild Colombini writes:

"I am writing to let you know that the love of my life, my beloved husband, best friend and partner Aldo has suffered a catastrophic stroke. Sunday afternoon paramedics rushed him to Munro Regional Hospital in Ocala. Today they performed another CAT Scan and I am saddened to say that the news is not good. Aldo is completely paralyzed on his right side. He cannot speak and the doctors say there is nothing else that can be done. Aldo loved life and does not want to be on life support. I am heartbroken by the fact that I must now take him off life-support and move him to Hospice Care. Short of a miracle, the doctors say he has less than two weeks. Please pray for him."
Praying!
PRAYING!
I will certainly pray for Aldo and for Rachel too.
Me too - praying for strength for all concerned - your prayers did wonders for me. Ralph
In my prayers.
Just got word that he passed away today.....So sad....Praying for the family. His gentle and fun spirit will be missed.
Eternal Rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let Perpetual Light shine upon him. May he rest in peace.
Message: Posted by: themagiciansapprentice (Feb 12, 2014 03:21PM)
We have heard from Rachel Wild Colombini that her husband, Aldo Colombini has now passed. She released the news with this simple announcement...

"It is with great sadness that I inform you all of the passing of my dear husband Aldo Colombini
Sleep tight my angel!"
Aldo's deep distinctive Italian voice I will most remember, was entertaining to just to listen to him banter, let alone perform. Rachel has been through so much with her own heart surgery, the magic world shares her grief this week.
“Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life". B.Brecht

And I'm sure that Aldo had quite a adequate life, embraced above all by the love
of his courageous and devoted wife, Rachel who has always been a real and fearless
fighter for life.

I'm staring right now at his autographed photo he gave me a few years ago and I can
hardly prevent my tears from dropping on my keyboard.

I think that everyone has the right to feel just for a few moments like a child though
he is a 47 years old family man and father of a teenager and let himself cry
silently due to the loss of a brilliant thinker and creator of our art and one of the
greatest fellow magic performers worldwide to date.

But above all due the loss of a loved human being who had a rarefied and outstanding
personality. A man with a heart full of gold...

All of my condolences to his "Wild at Heart' wife, Rachel, their relatives and their
closest and beloved friends.

Andrew K. Athens, GREECE