(Close Window)
Topic: Andreu Presents: Legion !
Hello to everyone! :D

It's been a long time since my last post on this forum. I've been working hard on new ideas, effects and concepts, as always.

And I'm very proud to present: [B]Legion - The Name Divination of the Century. [/B]

Legion is a new system that will allow you to know the name of anyone almost instantly, without asking spectators to write down the name or without the performer getting close or touching them. It works for English names only. The method is very easy and practical, and the fi*****g is minimal. You will be able to do it over the phone and via Skype too.

For those who get Legion I will include also 2 more amazing manuscripts:

i) 'The Eyes of Wisdom', a very simple approach to perform book tests with borrowed books, and..

ii) My personal take on the classic Add a Number plot. It definitely takes the effect to new heights and makes it more entertaining and emotionally relevant to your audience!

Right now I'm giving Legion some 'finishing touches', but for the moment I would like to show you a bit of a teaser to whet your appetite:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9mJcmKH6Fk[/url]

To be released, very soon...

If you have any questions, PM me.

Au revoir,

[B]Andreu.[/B]
Ok, I've decided to have the 3 Ebooks as separate releases: I don't really want to force or push customers to get them all at once and I rather prefer each one of you to make your choice as to what you want to have.

I'm happy to say they will be available very soon (I'm calculating this week), thanks to everyone for the PM's and questions. :)

If you're looking for powerful and practical material, this is it.

Kind regards,

[B] Andreu. [/B]
Is the method different from that of Peter Turner's effect in Bigger Fish 2? If you're not aware of that routine, probably best check ASAP...

If it's entirely different then I'm interested in taking a look at this ;-)
You say it works only for english names, can it really not be adapted to another language with some work?
Any Info on the price of the ebook?
Hi Psychomind, I saw a link somewhere and if I recall correctly, the price was £30 or approximately $50 US.

I think perhaps there are some more questions that ought to be asked here:

Is this a 100% hit rate - ALWAYS?
Are the names from the US or UK? I've found that there are definite distinct differences between the cultures and name sets.
Have you honed this material through numerous performances?
Is the entirety of this technique original, or where it isn't - have you done the proper crediting and obtained the necessary permissions?

Until I saw answers to all these questions, I'd recommend caution.

Best,

Atlas
[quote]
On Mar 20, 2014, MagicAtlas wrote:
Hi Psychomind, I saw a link somewhere and if I recall correctly, the price was £30 or approximately $50 US.

Are the names from the US or UK? I've found that there are definite distinct differences between the cultures and name sets.
Is the entirety of this technique original, or where it isn't - have you done the proper crediting and obtained the necessary permissions?

Until I saw answers to all these questions, I'd recommend caution.

Best,

Atlas
[/quote]

Thanks for the answer Atlas, I will also be looking for the answers you are looking for before buying it.
It's available now, for 30 UK pounds. In the absence of a response to the questions Atlas asks, the one observation I can make is that Andreu does state this works only with 'English' names. The cover of the ebook shows names that include: Giselle, Sheryl, Bryant, Kennedy, Tushka, Phoebe, Willy, Jordan and Jorge.

So my question to Andreu would be, can you please confirm that the method includes 100% accurate divination of any of the names on the cover amongst others? If so then this could be extremely interesting. If not, then I think for the price, buyers need to be aware of any general limitations so as to set an appropriate expectation.
Where can this be purchased?
Http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-LEGION-by-Andreu-PDF.html
Cheers mate.

This is very likely gonna be along the lines of focusing on a name of someone you know amongst a list etc, though I'm only basing this off of the kind of thing he has already released.
To be fair he didn't specify which Century this Name Divination is of.
Giselle, Bryant, Kennedy, Tushka and Jorge spelt with a J?.Not heard of many English name's like that?.
Yeah it's confusing isn't it - most of those names aren't usual English names.

The description says it'll work over the phone so possibly no list involved...

Andreu - you really need to join this thread and talk about your product if you're going to sell this to us!
This needs a lot more detail...there are any number of existing mentalism routines out there at the moment that could meet the criteria of this effect..What makes it so special ?
Not looking good, is it? If the creator of this ebook doesn't respond to the questions of potential buyers here, alarm bells ring. I'm giving this one a wide berth until Andreu rejoins this thread and gives us a little more information on what exactly we'd be buying.
Http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=547485&forum=303

Here's the review by Stepehen Young
Hello everyone! And sorry for the delay responding: the "Notify by Email" checkbox didn't work for me this time (lol).

Legion only works for English names and the hit rate is very, very high - I haven't ever failed, I did perform it for pros via chat and they definitely said it was an amazing and clever approach to this amazing feat that every mentalist should have on his arsenal.. after all if you actually read minds, you should tell someone's name and not ask it, right? :)

The method does involve looking (peeking) at 1 page - if you can do this, you can perform Legion. The system is not a contrived / weird stuff but it's something really simple, real and natural that can be even Googled by spectators (read Stephen's review). I also give several performance tips and subtleties that will guarantee you get the name right.

Other approaches include combining Legion with an i**p p*d, using Dunninger Ploy and more. The effect becomes deadly if you follow several of these approaches, I also explain how the extra layer of deception makes it extra hard for a layman to backtrack and much more convincing than any other approaches.

I will definitely use Legion at my performances as soon as I'm done adapting the system to work in spanish.

Thanks a lot for your interest in the effect gentlemen.

Let me know of any questions you have!

Kind regards,

[B]Andreu.[/B]
HI Andreu

Without revealing what does Stephen mean by numerology and is this hard to perform Close-up?

Thanks
Okay, let's look at this again. We've heard from Andreu, and he had a chance to address specific questions:

Is this a 100% hit rate - ALWAYS? - Unless I misunderstood him, no. And his answer was one that leaves me wary. He said something along the lines of "I've not missed" though later intimates that he hasn't performed this often.
Are the names from the US or UK? - Overlooked.
Have you honed this material through numerous performances? - Glossed over, though there were some Skype performances. It doesn't sound as though he has performed it in his native country.
Is the entirety of this technique original, or where it isn't - have you done the proper crediting and obtained the necessary permissions? - Overlooked. This is especially disconcerting.

I don't know what his approach is here. But rather than spend $50, I'll throw this out - why don't you look up the most common names for men and women by decade for the last fifty years, and use The Prodigal to create something that works for the top fifteen based on gender for each decade. Which system you then employ is based on the gender and approximate age of the person you are speaking to. All you have to do is ask them to think of a good friend and they'll think of someone in their age group. In fact, in my Facebook Prodigal group - unless I've misremembered - I suggested something exactly like this...ages ago.

As far as a cold reading goes, there was a discussion in Inner Thoughts a few years back about cold reads regarding families and their cultural and religious backgrounds based on names.

At this stage, I'd still recommend caution.

Best,

Atlas
Mentalism tricks seem to come out at ridiculous prices nowadays with people not having a clue what they are being asked to pay for.

Looking at some of the names used in the ad I'd hope it wasn't as obvious as picking what row or page the thought of name was on with it then being easily found because the other names around it aren't in common usage.

That wouldn't be worth £30 in my book.

I think I'll wait for some reviews from folk who have purchased.
Hey there Psychomind, tipping more about the method would unfortunately disclose it entirely so that's as far as I'm allowed to tell! ;)

But if you have any more questions regarding the method, feel free to PM me.

I would say Legion is best to perform on Stage / Phone / SKype, for close up you would need to look at a writing pad / Ipad for some moments so I'd say it's not good to perform fully surrounded, although it COULD be done with the correct audience management.. I would just tell the spectator/s not to look at what I'm writing while I simply take the required peek, if done right it should look like you're simply writing / sketching the name on a notepad or drawing application.

Of course the justification for them not looking at your cellphone / Ipad / Pad could be that you don't want to ruin the powerful climax!

Hope this is useful, cheers!

Legion is available directly through me or as an exclusive Alakazam release:

[url]http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-LEGION-by-Andreu-PDF.html[/url]

Best,

Andreu.
[quote]
On Mar 22, 2014, Ray Chelt wrote:
Mentalism tricks seem to come out at ridiculous prices nowadays with people not having a clue what they are being asked to pay for.

Looking at some of the names used in the ad I'd hope it wasn't as obvious as picking what row or page the thought of name was on with it then being easily found because the other names around it aren't in common usage.

That wouldn't be worth £30 in my book.

I think I'll wait for some reviews from folk who have purchased.
[/quote]

Ray, If you don't know what you're paying for why don't you ask or PM me before investing?

No need to fish for a method that's not even close to the real one Legion uses.

Thanks,

Andreu.
[quote]
On Mar 22, 2014, Relick666 wrote:
Hey there Psychomind, tipping more about the method would unfortunately disclose it entirely so that's as far as I'm allowed to tell! ;)

But if you have any more questions regarding the method, feel free to PM me.

I would say Legion is best to perform on Stage / Phone / SKype, for close up you would need to look at a writing pad / Ipad for some moments so I'd say it's not good to perform fully surrounded, although it COULD be done with the correct audience management.. I would just tell the spectator/s not to look at what I'm writing while I simply take the required peek, if done right it should look like you're simply writing / sketching the name on a notepad or drawing application.

Of course the justification for them not looking at your cellphone / Ipad / Pad could be that you don't want to ruin the powerful climax!

Hope this is useful, cheers!

Legion is available directly through me or as an exclusive Alakazam release:

[url]http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-LEGION-by-Andreu-PDF.html[/url]

Best,

Andreu.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info!
Found this Review:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=547485&forum=303

I decided to get this and take a look. The details are good and there is many examples on how to handle. I have also seen Andreu perform this via Skype, Its very clever and using some of his recommendations combined with other method is amazing.
His ideas are not always very simple such as Tribal by Andreu but this one I liked even more. I would say its worth its value.
[quote]

On Mar 20, 2014, MagicAtlas wrote:

Best,

Atlas
[/quote]

Sorry for the late reply Atlas!

Thanks for the questions.

* Yes it's 100% hit rate always if its performed with good audience management! :)

* It works perfectly for a huge, and I mean HUGE selection of names, in Legion I explain how to make sure they will definitely go for one of them, and never reduce them to just 15 or so as I feel this is too contrived and if you were a true mindreader this would be totally unfair for the spectators right?

This all gets handled nicely by the scripting.

* I have performed Legion around 50 times by now. Mostly via chat and Skype - which is even fairer as I'm not looking anyone. Never failed. :D
The only way of failing at this is if your participant doesn't follow very simple instructions.

* I provide several approaches for the effect to work, as far as I've researched no one has published before the combination of methods provided.

The amount of work and effort producing Legion have been enormous. So I hope performers see the value in Legion and make good use of it.

The hard work has already been done for you, enjoy mind readers!

Kind regards,

Andreu.
So it's only 100% when it's 100%
[quote]
On Mar 21, 2014, jbadman wrote:

So my question to Andreu would be, can you please confirm that the method includes 100% accurate divination of any of the names on the cover amongst others? If so then this could be extremely interesting. If not, then I think for the price, buyers need to be aware of any general limitations so as to set an appropriate expectation.
[/quote]

Yes.

Those names shown on the cover and many, many more. :D

Best,

Andreu.
[quote]
On Mar 22, 2014, BParry wrote:
Found this Review:

I decided to get this and take a look. The details are good and there is many examples on how to handle. I have also seen Andreu perform this via Skype, Its very clever and using some of his recommendations combined with other method is amazing.

His ideas are not always very simple such as Tribal by Andreu but this one I liked even more.

I would say its worth its value.

[/quote]

Thank you for your great comment bparry, I'm happy to know you bought and enjoyed Legion! ;)

Please make sure to fry multiples spectators' minds with it!

Cheers,

Andreu.
A new review for Legion has been added by Greg Arce!

Check it in this same link:

Best regards,

Andreu.
This really does sound great, Andreu. I am excited to see a number of presentations and methods moving in this direction. I can join the chorus of people who gave praised Peter's method. I have a take that is in a different direction than what your sounds like (as well as Peter's). I look forward to picking this up as well. Thanks for sharing this with the community.

Regards,

Sean
[quote]
On Mar 25, 2014, Waters wrote:
This really does sound great, Andreu. I am excited to see a number of presentations and methods moving in this direction. I can join the chorus of people who gave praised Peter's method. I have a take that is in a different direction than what your sounds like (as well as Peter's). I look forward to picking this up as well. Thanks for sharing this with the community.

Regards,

Sean
[/quote]

Thanks a lot for the positive comments! ;)

Definitely excited - to say the least - about this new release!

Your approach sounds very intriguing Sean, feel free to chat about the concept privately if you want, I think name divinations are amongst the most powerful effects you can ever perform to an audience.

Can't wait to know your thoughts on Legion when you get it!

Andreu.
OK, I just got running a new website for those interested in purchasing Legion directly through me. ;)

I know the Café is having some issues at the moment with website URLs so I recommend you copy / paste it in case it doesn't show up on your browser.

[URL]http://andreumind06.wix.com/legion [/URL]

Enjoy!

Andreu.
Exciting news for France and French mindreaders!!

Legion will be very soon 100% compatible with French language. ;)

It will be a ton of hard work but I figure out it will be well worth it.

N'est-ce pas Incroyable?

Andreu.
* WELCOME TO THE 2014 LEGION CONTEST ! *

Hello to everyone! :D

I will be making a Legion contest as I promised to those who asked me!
The winner will have a FREE Legion copy to enjoy and perform!

Allow me to explain the rules:

[b]1. Subscriptions.[/b]

First of all, if you're interested in participating, post in this thread saying that you want to join the contest.

Inscriptions start RIGHT NOW and end up on next Friday, April 4th at midnight.

[b]2. Participating [/b]

The contest will begin on next Saturday (April 5th, 2014), for now I will only take subscriptions for the next days.

I will be thinking of a Name. Only the users that subscribed will be allowed to send 3 different name guesses per day.

They have to send them to this forum thread visibly so as to avoid repeating same guesses from other users. ;)

Whoever finds out what the correct name is, wins the contest and gets a free copy of the manuscript.

[b]3. Fairness guaranteed. [/b]

To make sure I will be fair, I will actually save this name in a file that will be heavily encripted. Do not try to crack the password. :lol:

I will upload it on Friday so you will be able to actually download the file, this eliminates the possibility of any "switches", right? ;)

As I said, the contest will begin on next Saturday, as soon as I say go.

Each subscripted user will be able to post 3 different names per day.

On next Sat. I will also give more clues about the name as to not make it so impossible to guess.

So, Welcome to the 2014 Legion contest, if you're interested just post "Let me in" or something along those lines and you will be subscribed. ;)

[B][i]"May the odds be in your favor!"[/i] [/b]

Andreu.
Let me in
Added ;)
First say may name :smoke:
[quote]
On Mar 29, 2014, Dr. Eamon wrote:
First say may name :smoke:
[/quote]

Ok, focus on that name.. I actually feel this is a common one.. oh wait! :bigdance:
Is it actually John? :D

BTW, would you like to subscribe to the Legion contest?

Andreu.
Count me in
Hi Andreu,

Please add my name... thanks :-)

Regards, Steve
Why don't you write a message in a text file, encrypt the file with the name you're thinking of as a password... and the first person to post your secret message to this post wins?

Else you're likely to get this thread zapped, I suspect...
I will say "Let me in" but lets not have any "chinny chin chin" comments shall we?
[quote]
On Mar 30, 2014, magus wrote:
I will say "Let me in" but lets not have any "chinny chin chin" comments shall we?
[/quote]

Lol, added too.
[quote]
On Mar 30, 2014, jbadman wrote:
Why don't you write a message in a text file, encrypt the file with the name you're thinking of as a password... and the first person to post your secret message to this post wins?

Else you're likely to get this thread zapped, I suspect...
[/quote]

Brute-force attack, ever heard about that?

That's the reason why I wouldn't do it in that way you say..

Don't worry, file will be uploaded on Friday, for the moment I'm just receiving subscriptions!
* List of subscribers until now *

Magic.Maddy
DutchFrank
yachanin
magus
Since I've already got the PDF I won't subscribe but I can assure you that person getting it for free won't be disappointed if they're into solid mentalism techniques.

Legion reviewed: http://magiciansrapture.blogspot.com.au/
[quote]
On Mar 30, 2014, Baguette wrote:
Hey! I already left my review in the Books/PDF/downloads section but I thought I'd share it with Andreu.

It's available here:
http://magiciansrapture.blogspot.com.au/

[/quote]

Thanks a lot for the unbiased and honest review - nice blog BTW :)

As you say, the 'mental work' is far easier than in I.S. and makes a lot more sense to the spectators (at least imho).

[quote]
This does require a bit of thinking for your audience and I therefore recommend doing this to some sober people ;)
[/quote]

Funny comment, yet very true.

[quote]
..needs to be performed in the right situation at the right time.
Don't get me wrong, this can play as a miracle in the right situations.
[/quote]

Agreed! Stage is ideal! ;)
Close up works too though.
It is a miracle.

[quote]
For a 38 page PDF (i'm pretty sure that's it, correct me if I'm wrong) and a single trick I think it's over price.
[/quote]

The price reflects the amount of work & dedication put into Legion - several months of thinking, refining and making sure it was very well written and justified. I'm also offering some less $$$ releases like Numerical Oracle and The Eyes of Wisdom (Book Test) though, feel free to visit:

[url]http://andreumind06.wix.com/legion#!newreleases/c16n5[/url]

Thanks again for sharing your overall comments and feedback, very much appreciated! :)

Andreu.
Hi Andreu,

Knock knock, I'm in... ;)

Regards
Lau
[quote]
On Mar 31, 2014, Shuaige wrote:
Hi Andreu,

Knock knock, I'm in... ;)

Regards
Lau
[/quote]

You have been Added to the contest Lau!

Good luck,

Andreu.
Hello,

please let me join the contest!

Thanks,

Sam
Thanks andreu for the reply, I'm glad you didn't take my review as a negative criticism :) As I said you do come out as a genuinely nice guy.
Could you put numerical oracle and legion together?
If you could this would kill on stage and easily get a better grade ;)

Anyhow, good luck with your future releases!
[quote]
On Apr 1, 2014, sjrw wrote:
Hello,

please let me join the contest!

Thanks,

Sam
[/quote]

Sure Sam, added.
Count me in.
Thanks.
[quote]
On Apr 1, 2014, j_juge wrote:
Count me in.
Thanks.
[/quote]

Added.
Ok, so this is the list of Participants for the moment:

Magic.Maddy
DutchFrank
yachanin
magus
Shuaige
sjrw
j_juge

Let me know if anyone else wants to join the party. ;)

I will be attaching the document very soon!

Cheers,

Andreu.
I'd like to participate.
[quote]
On Apr 3, 2014, Adam Hince wrote:
I'd like to participate.
[/quote]

Welcome to the contest Adam!

Good luck.

Andreu.
Could you please add me to the list.
Add me to the list.

Mark
List of Participants:

Magic.Maddy
DutchFrank
yachanin
magus
Shuaige
sjrw
j_juge
Adam Hince
Gaz_Japan
Mark_Chandaue

I will be receiving the final requests today, no requests tomorrow to join the party please.

I decided to take the suggestion to make this easier - a Doc. File has been attached, you may save it on your PC to make sure everything will be fair.

The password relates to the correct name, please don't start posting names just yet, you may begin doing this tomorrow AFTER I give a first clue about the name.

Cheers,

Andreu.
[quote]
On Apr 4, 2014, Relick666 wrote:
I decided to take the suggestion to make this easier - a Doc. File has been attached, you may save it on your PC to make sure everything will be fair.

The password relates to the correct name, please don't start posting names just yet, you may begin doing this tomorrow AFTER I give a first clue about the name.

Cheers,

Andreu.
[/quote]

Hi Andreu,

So the 3 guesses per day is cancelled? The 1st person who manage to solve the password in MS Word and post it in this forum wins??? How long is the competition? A week? Thanks Andreu. :)

Regards
Lau
[b]Welcome to the Legion Contest![/b] :D

* First Set of Clues:

- This is a women's name.
- Four to seven letters long.
- It has an R somewhere.

I invite every participant to post 3 possible names per day (if you post more I will ignore them and even if they get it right I won't say whether you got it right or wrong so only post 3 per day).

The first participant that gets the correct one will be able to open the encrypted file and verify he's the winner.

If no one guesses the Name after a week OR until all participants have made a guess, I will sending another set of clues until someone eventually gets the correct one.

[b]LET THE GAME BEGIN! [/b]

Andreu.
Mary
Barbara
Maria
Nice try, Magus.

You will be allowed to post 3 more tomorrow!

Any more guesses from other participants?

Andreu.
Arabel
Rosabel
Ursula
[quote]
On Apr 5, 2014, yachanin wrote:
Arabel
Rosabel
Ursula
[/quote]

Nice try.. surely went for some uncommon ones eh?

Unfortunately you're not the winner, yet!

BTW, You guys don't need my permission to keep posting names,
the first one that nails it will win. :)

Oh, and if I don't post anything it might imply:

i) No one has won yet.
ii) I'm having dinner, lol.

Feel free to try again tomorrow with 3 different ones. :D

Andreu.
BTW, Jerome Finley has just posted his thoughts on Legion:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=547485&forum=303&21&start=0#20

Outstanding review Jerome, thanks a lot for your time and support!

I'm happy to know you will use Legion along with other systems.. ;)

Cheers!

Andreu.
Teresa
Rita
Hilary
Andrea
Rose
Rosalin
I'm probably not going to be around tomorrow so I will get in early.
Harriet
Ruth
Marjory
Heather
Sarah
Regina
Nope.

Nice tries though. ;)

* Second Clue:

- This has an N somewhere too.

Andreu.
Hi Andreu,

Here's my next set of guesses:

Catrina
Lauren
Trinity
Caren
Sandra
Britney
Message: Posted by: edwardsausagefingers (Apr 6, 2014 10:13AM)
Arlene
Roanne
Irene
[quote]
On Apr 6, 2014, edwardsausagefingers wrote:
Arlene
Roanne
Irene
[/quote]

You're not in the list of participants, sorry.

These names are free to choose still by registered participants.

Regards,

Andreu.
Karen
Roxanne - you don't have to put on the red light.
Marian
Irene
Arlene
Carolyn
Congratulations Adam, you're the winner! :)

You will be able to open the file by writing Irene backwards on its password, caps on.

Please send me a PM with your email to send you a copy.

Best regards,

Andreu.
Huh, that's quick. I never got the chance to play along...

Congrstulations to Adam!!
Thanks, Andreu!

I'm looking forward to it!

Regards,
-AH

[quote]
On Apr 6, 2014, Relick666 wrote:
Congratulations Adam, you're the winner! :)

You will be able to open the file by writing Irene backwards on its password, caps on.

Please send me a PM with your email to send you a copy.

Best regards,

Andreu.
[/quote]
Hi Adam,

Congratulations! Please post a review when you've had a chance to go over the manuscript and take it on the road :-)

Regards, Steve
Message: Posted by: edwardsausagefingers (Apr 7, 2014 02:05AM)
[quote]
On Apr 6, 2014, Relick666 wrote:
[quote]
On Apr 6, 2014, edwardsausagefingers wrote:
Arlene
Roanne
Irene
[/quote]

You're not in the list of participants, sorry.

These names are free to choose still by registered participants.

Regards,

Andreu.
[/quote]

"I don't play by anyone's rules, not even my own".
Still claiming the hit though ;)
Congrats Adam!
[B]* French Compatibility * [/B]

Legion est désormais compatible avec des prénoms français.

Maintenant vous pouvez deviner plus noms qu'avec tout autre systèmes. :)

Si vous parlez français, achetez le!

Écrivez-moi si vous êtes intéressé.

Legion is now 100% compatible with French names!

If you speak or perform for french audiences, get this now. ;)

PM me if interested.

Sorry if my French is not that good lol, I guarantee you will find Legion VERY useful French mentalists, trust me. :D

Acknowledgements are given to the french native that helped in the manuscript.

Au revoir,

Andreu.
Need a dutch translation? ; D
[quote]

On Apr 7, 2014, DutchFrank wrote:

Need a dutch translation? ; D

[/quote]

Haha, well Frank I've received German, Italian and more language requests to migrate Legion!!

Give my brain some time to rest or it will collapse folks! :eek:

Lol ;)

This week I will surely end up the Spanish version.

Andreu.
Good to hear legion is successful!
Not requesting, just offering translationhelp.
[quote]
On Apr 7, 2014, DutchFrank wrote:
Not requesting, just offering translationhelp.
[/quote]

Pm'd you, cheers.
[quote]
On Apr 7, 2014, Baguette wrote:
Good to hear legion is successful!
[/quote]

Thank you Vincent. ;)

Andreu.
Legion is now 100% compatible with English, Spanish and French names! :)

Kind regards,

Andreu.
This is a possible Legion presentation that Greg Arce showed me, it's incredible!

It involves the entire audience.

Check it out:

[i]
You can start weeding out groups by saying "Who is thinking of just a male name... please stand up."
A bunch stand up. "Okay, for some reason I'm getting short names in my head. So in this group whoever had a name of more than four letters sit down. I'm also thinking of a number in my head, number twenty... not sure why but if you're thinking of this number too please keep standing... Okay, this is getting more specific in my head. I'm getting really short names, just 3 letters... if that's you, stay standing and the rest please sit down.

Let's see... I'm getting Mel, Jay, Max and Tom. If I got your names please sit down. Of course, if one or two stay standing you say, "that must be the one that was giving me problems. Something weird about it. It should be four letters, but I'm only getting three... Are you thinking of Jon... without an H?" And they all sit down.
[/i]

[B]BRILLIANT![/B] ;)

The 'tossed out' principle at its best.

Thanks a lot for sharing Greg,

Andreu.
The more I use "Legion", the more I like it and the stronger it becomes.

What impresses me most about this incredible piece of work (besides the end result!) is that it's a genuine masterpiece of psychological and statistical engineering. The method used in "Legion" is so efficient, especially for what it does and makes possible, that I have to sit back and just consider and remember to appreciate exactly what Andreu has done and given us here.

Congrats again, Andreu!

J.
[quote]On Apr 14, 2014, Jerome Finley wrote:
The more I use "Legion", the more I like it and the stronger it becomes.

What impresses me most about this incredible piece of work (besides the end result!) is that it's a genuine masterpiece of psychological and statistical engineering. The method used in "Legion" is so efficient, especially for what it does and makes possible, that I have to sit back and just consider and remember to appreciate exactly what Andreu has done and given us here.

Congrats again, Andreu!

J. [/quote]

Thank you so much Jerome! :smiles:

I'm deeply honored to know Legion will go straight into your performances! :wow:

I like the fact that you seem to be having a blast performing this along with many of your personal subtleties.

Something great about Legion is that it fits perfectly well several styles: whether you're more oriented towards direct mindreading effects (which is my case) or to the more psychic and mystic side of mindreading, Legion will surely find its place somewhere in your repertoire!

Finally, as you may have noticed, I worked endlessly on the creation of Legion: I'm happy to see hard work is finally starting to pay off! :)

Several performers (mostlly from UK & France) have sent me emails saying Legion is one of the finest material they have ever read regarding name divinations... thanks, thanks, thanks guys! :bg:

Please keep sharing the amazing ideas Jerome: can't wait to know which other briliant subtleties you've got in mind!

Best regards,

Andreu
Bought my copy of legion and wanted to post my thoughts here!

This is a really genius method, and my 2 cents is, its a real worker. Andreu has put in lots of thought and given some performance ideas, but really I think any mentalist will have tonnes of ideas themselves once they know this method for a name divination!

I will say that this method like all, has its pros and cons. There isn't any 'dirty work' per say, but there are some parts that I think need to be handled with care when performing, but with decent audience management and if you are a seasoned performer in the art of mentalism, this shouldnt be a problem.

For a long time I was personally searching for my holy grail of the cleanest, most practical, direct billetless method for a name divination. Alas I never did find it. I wouldnt say Legion has fulfilled this, but I think it has come closest than other methods out there!

overall I would rate this 9/10. If you are looking for a billetless name divination for your mentalism routines, I would highly recommend this! (oh and I have no affiliation with Andreu, just a happy customer)

kindly,
Jordan
[quote]On Apr 15, 2014, Mind illusionist wrote:
Bought my copy of legion and wanted to post my thoughts here!

This is a really genius method, and my 2 cents is, its a real worker. Andreu has put in lots of thought and given some performance ideas, but really I think any mentalist will have tonnes of ideas themselves once they know this method for a name divination!

I will say that this method like all, has its pros and cons. There isn't any 'dirty work' per say, but there are some parts that I think need to be handled with care when performing, but with decent audience management and if you are a seasoned performer in the art of mentalism, this shouldnt be a problem.

For a long time I was personally searching for my holy grail of the cleanest, most practical, direct billetless method for a name divination. Alas I never did find it. I wouldnt say Legion has fulfilled this, but I think it has come closest than other methods out there!

Overall I would rate this 9/10. If you are looking for a billetless name divination for your mentalism routines, I would highly recommend this! (oh and I have no affiliation with Andreu, just a happy customer)

kindly,
Jordan [/quote]

Thanks for the review Jordan, I'm glad you like it and hope you will actually use the system. ;)

As you say, all methods have pros and cons - and none of them is perfect - but I'm sure Legion's hit rate is really as high as far as name divinations go without being so restrictive!

Btw, french reviewers... Anyone of you out there? Lol.

Chime in! :P

PS: Legion funciona ahora con nombres en español [b]perfectamente.[/b] Así que Ordena ahora. ;)

- No that's not French, it's Spanish: my native and most beloved language.

Andreu.
I don't like to give biased review, but I have tried Legion several times via Skype, and at time I have hit french names with 100% accuracy.
The principle behind Legion is ingenious and Andreu had done a lot of work.
It's not really a problem, but like it was said previously, you must do "something" before going into the name revelation.
Congratulations Andreu, I have a lot of fun performing Legion.
PS : I have not tried it again, but the idea mixing it with the Lo-Shu square or Vitruvian Square's clothes is very good !
Would anyone that has this and peter turner's billetless name revelation be able to tell me which has a higher hit rate?

Kieran
[quote]On Apr 18, 2014, magicman29 wrote:
Would anyone that has this and peter turner's billetless name revelation be able to tell me which has a higher hit rate?

Kieran [/quote]

Legion
[quote]On Apr 18, 2014, bofx wrote:
I don't like to give biased review, but I have tried Legion several times via Skype, and at time I have hit french names with 100% accuracy.

The principle behind Legion is ingenious and Andreu had done a lot of work.

It's not really a problem, but like it was said previously, you must do "something" before going into the name revelation.
Congratulations Andreu, I have a lot of fun performing Legion.

PS : I have not tried it again, but the idea mixing it with the Lo-Shu square or Vitruvian Square's clothes is very good ! [/quote]

Thanks for the review Fabien!

Love to know you're having a blast performing this in french! :)

I will send you an interesting idea very soon...

Kind regards,

Andreu.
Seems like Alakazam is having a discount on all their online items! ;)

My ebooks are included in this promo:

[url]http://www.alakazam.co.uk/index-search_results.html?Page=search_results&k=Andreu[/url]

It ends on Tuesday 9 am (UK local time).

So if you've been wanting to make a move, Now is the right time!

Enjoy,

Andreu.
Legion's been a massive success, even more than I initially expected!

I wonder if Mr. Adam (winner of the Legion contest) could post his review / thoughts on the copy he won?

He's owing it to me and all future purchasers. ;)

Best regards,

Andreu.
[quote]On Apr 26, 2014, Relick666 wrote:
Legion's been a massive success, even more than I initially expected!

I wonder if Mr. Adam (winner of the Legion contest) could post his review / thoughts on the copy he won?

He's owing it to me and all future purchasers. ;)

Best regards,

Andreu. [/quote]

Guilty as charged. I've been overdue in sharing my thoughts on Legion.

Legion does everything that it promises. It offers a wide variety of names that the spectator can choose from. Very extensive. I honestly wouldn't worry about the spectator selecting a name outside of the acceptable range. This does have its trade offs, of course. That is to say, in its current form, this effect wouldn't be ideal for close up. Standup or stage would be the best for this, as it's currently setup.

Andreu offers a solution with very little restriction on the selection of the name. Personally, I think I prefer to make some restrictions on the selection just to make the possibility of names more manageable. Making consessions like this brings this closer to a solution that would work in a wider variety of situations.

If you first restrict the selection to either male or female, making one or two more restrictions should not only go unnoticed, but also make the possible names much more managable, regardless of the performing scenario. FYI, this is not required; just my preference.

Overall, I recommend this. With very little thought, you can apply this to a variety of situations and have a great name divination that is very straightforward, requiring minimal work or memorization.

AH
Why is this not ideal for close up? I'm not phishing for the method its just nearly all stage/palour effects can be done close up with a little tweaking...

Kieran
[quote]On Apr 27, 2014, magicman29 wrote:
Why is this not ideal for close up? I'm not phishing for the method its just nearly all stage/palour effects can be done close up with a little tweaking...

Kieran [/quote]

You've said it Kieran, with little tweaking it should work always. ;)

If you can do the old [i]"don't look at what I'm writing in here for now"[/i] pretext - while holding your cellphone and pretending to be drawing something - you're good to go.

I'll be glad to answer any other questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Andreu.
Richard Webster has just written his review for Legion!

Thanks a lot for your time Richard. :D

Feel free to check it out in the reviews thread:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=547485&forum=303&34&start=30#3

Cheers,

Andreu.
I have owned Legion for a couple of weeks now but have only just got around to trying it out it this week...Brilliant!...a very, very nice premise indeed!
This is a sure-fire name divination which follows a simple, interesting and logical procedure that involves the participant from the very beginning.
Highly recommended.
Well done Andreu!

Paul Mc.
Andreu,
Since I speak brazilian portuguese and I saw that you already translated Legion to various languages, should I be able to translate to my language and use Legion?
Thank you
How many times can this be repeated to one spectator? Thanks!
[quote]On Jun 10, 2014, Kincaid wrote:
Andreu,
Since I speak brazilian portuguese and I saw that you already translated Legion to various languages, should I be able to translate to my language and use Legion?
Thank you [/quote]

Hmm... everything is possible my brazilian friend! :D

It will take you at least 2 to 3 weeks to do this if you're willing to put on the required work; I can help you with some parts though.

Enjoy the 2014 FIFA World Cup btw, and let me know if you're still interested after reading this.

Kind regards,

Andreu.
[quote]On Jun 10, 2014, insight wrote:
How many times can this be repeated to one spectator? Thanks! [/quote]

Nice question.

As you can perform Legion in multiple ways, I would definitely take advantage of this to fool a spectator at least 3 times (more times would be risky, and I wouldn't do all of them in a row, but would wait at least a couple of days between each hit).

[b]On the first instance, I could tell them something like.. [/b]

[i]"Think about the name of a person that's like a brother / sister to you, please don't make it someone with a longer name, 4 to 5 letters is perfect and I will explain you why in a minute..", [/i]this sounds like I'm being ultra casual but its purpose is to narrow down a lot of their choices, it will make my job far easier and effective.

Although this smart scripting is not needed at all, you can certainly apply it to make your life easy... so easy some will hate you for it (hate you in a "WTF, how did you know this so fast?" way LOL). So I simply reveal the name once this is done. Strike One! Two to go. ;)

[b]On a second instance, you can use the approach Jerome kindly explained on the reviews corresponding thread. [/b]
You ask them to think of a new name and then do the explained procedure. Hint: Lo Shu square / stones. This is a really clever approach.. wham bam! Strike two! One to go! :O

[b]For the final round, I can simply hand them an i*p pad. [/b]
Tell them to write the corresponding numerology (as explained on Legion), stressing the participant to never write the actual letters of the name (!)... this adds an extra layer of deception in the participant's mind, discarding other obvious common methods (p**k, ct, etc).

Strike three.. Home Run! :D

Andreu.
Brilliant...thx andreu!
Great! Thanks for the help.
I'm certainly interested. Planning to buy this soon.
[quote]On Jun 1, 2014, caigy wrote:
I have owned Legion for a couple of weeks now but have only just got around to trying it out it this week...Brilliant!...a very, very nice premise indeed!
This is a sure-fire name divination which follows a simple, interesting and logical procedure that involves the participant from the very beginning.
Highly recommended.
Well done Andreu!

Paul Mc. [/quote]

I'm glad to know you enjoyed it Paul! :D

Best regards,

Andreu.
I recently started using Legion, I love it, its easy to use, and it can be done over the phone, this should be in every mentalists repertoire.
[quote]On Jun 21, 2014, Ulises Galeano wrote:
I recently started using Legion, I love it, its easy to use, and it can be done over the phone, this should be in every mentalists repertoire. [/quote]

I'm glad you loved Legion, Ulises! ;)

The more I perform it, the more I love the way people react to it, today I nailed a name in less than a minute via Skype while talking to Pablo Amirá and he couldn't believe it I got it so fast, his review may be found right in here (Thanks Pablo!):

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=547485&forum=303&40&start=30#9

Everyday I'm thinking of constant improvements, I think I'm close to getting to the point where guessing the name correctly becomes second nature, as everything in life it just requires some practice.

So, my guess is, the more you do this, the more practical it will become for you!

Cheers,

Andreu.
Legion just got reviewed on the MagicSeen Magazine!

You may see it in here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=547485&forum=303&42&start=30#11

Thanks a lot for the review folks!

Andreu.
I got a small review from Chris Philpott regarding Legion, I will ask him if it's ok to share it in here before doing it.

I have been thinking about creating a mobile application based on the effect, I'm currently asking for costs in order to do this.

Best regards,

Andreu.
Open the attached image to read the review.

Best,

Andreu.
Andreu just do Legion to me via Skype and it is absolutely brilliant.

The metod makes sense with the presentation, and its imposible to back track the effect.
Besides, he asked me NO questions at all about the name, and yet, he was able to know the name I was thinking of.

I'm impressed. Thank you Andreu :)
Andreu's Legion is an effect I've been using in informal close up situations and it works very well indeed. Given the right framing (and a little bit of luck with the choice of name-as some are cleaner than others!) it can be astonishingly powerful.
I just received Legion. The book is well written. The instructions are clear. The method is genius and it will fit beautifully with my act. Further reports after I field test it.

Preston
Note: To the person who bought Legion yesterday, please PM me - there's a small issue with the email address and I need to double check it.

Thanks!

Andreu.
I had the opportunity to look at this in it's early form and can attest to the incredible amount of time and effort he put into it. It is really quite an accomplishment and is a unique way to get to a name without any apparent pumping.

Congratulations on your success with this release Andreu, it is well deserved based on the massive amount of work I know you put into it!
[quote]On May 9, 2015, Dannicus wrote:
I had the opportunity to look at this in it's early form and can attest to the incredible amount of time and effort he put into it. It is really quite an accomplishment and is a unique way to get to a name without any apparent pumping.

Congratulations on your success with this release Andreu, it is well deserved based on the massive amount of work I know you put into it! [/quote]

Thank you Dan! :)

Legion took me almost a year to create.

Currently I'm working on a new release on impromptu mentalism. Regardless to say this has consumed a big part of my time!

But I'm sure it will worth it.

Kind regards,

Andreu.
Why didn't I know about this before.. Seems very interesting! :)
Hey folks, just a quick heads up!

Legion, my name divination is now available at all dealers (Penguin, Hocus Pocus, MJM Magic, etc. etc. to name a very few). :)

Thanks a lot for all your support, enjoy!

- Andreu.