(Close Window)
Topic: The best deal in magic
Given these austere times, many dealers are claiming their offer to be 'the best deal in magic'.

Here are some examples;
- Reel magic
- Penguin's 5 for $99
- Real Secrets
- At the table live lecture series
- BMB's convention specials
- Saturn magic's points based loyalty scheme

What, in your opinion, is the best deal in magic today?

I'm happy to count your votes and announce a winner by the end of April.

Incentives, bribes and foul play by dealers welcome here. After all, it's about the best deal.

Let's get voting folks.
I like penguin's "old" cool box the most.
That's one vote for the cool box so far, thanks Magic KL.
Genie, IBM, SAM. Back issues available online. A lifetime of magic for the cost of a subscription

Hudson
I love what MJM Magic is doing. They recently stepped it up and upgraded the look of their website, making it a LOT more informative to us shoppers. In addition to slashing their prices to match Penguin, they are CONSTANTLY having these "flash promotions" like the current "Free $5.00 Off Coupon to ANYBODY Who Wants it!"

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=546220&forum=218&3

Think about that....FREE MONEY, no strings attached. They are trusting that those of us who appreciate their generosity will reward them by coming back.

To me, that right there shows that aren't putting money first, and that they care about the customer experience. Otherwise, they'd be like every other shop and tell you to spend a minimum order to recoup their investment. So kudos to MJM and the team over there. You guys get my vote every time.
Reel Magic - hands down. You cannot get more magic (and value) for $5 a month - ANYWHERE

Koz rocks

:heavymetal:
Reel Magic It Is. Now listen, I purchase from MJM and Penguin and will contine to do so when they have "sales". That's great. Reel Magic is a flat price always with 2 things I like most: value and content.
Penguin Magic 5 for $99. Also very quick shipping overseas.
The question is, when someone votes should there not be a requirement that they have experienced ALL of the items you're voting on to be able to make a valid decision?

:) its good to be in the mix, thanks

Koz
Of the 3 I have tried
- Reel magic
- Penguin's 5 for $99
- At the table live lecture series

I vote for Reel Magic
[quote]
On Mar 14, 2014, Kozmo wrote:
The question is, when someone votes should there not be a requirement that they have experienced ALL of the items you're voting on to be able to make a valid decision?

:) its good to be in the mix, thanks

Koz
[/quote]

You would also need to qualify what is meant by "best deal". How does the price of an online publication (and all past and future access plus online "classroom") like Reel Magic compare to a loyalty program from an overseas magic shop? or a "sale" that never ends (5 for $99). Even a 1 and done lecture seems to be a whole nother category. (and I have no idea what Real Secrets or BBM's convention specials even are to compare them fairly)
I would vote for the penguin monthly lecture pass. $50 for 4 lectures(being around 4 hours in duration each lecture) a month is an amazing deal.
Best deal is usually your local brick and mortar if you are lucky enough to have one. Not the prices, no, but the tutoring and support.
Penguin
Penguin !

Hands Down
A Genii 2-year subscription gets my vote. It includes...

- 24 months of Genii magazine both on paper and digital format,
- the superb [i]Jennings '67[/i] 254 page hardcover book, and
- searchable access to the entire 75-year historical archive of Genii magazine.

Cost: $4.67 per month.

The Penguin lecture pass ($50 for five consecutive lectures, 2-4 hours each) would be my second choice.
Penguin cool box
Penguin buy 5
I like both Penguin magic's 5 for $99 and Reel Magic.

Vijay
Penguin Live Lecture Pass - roughly 4 lectures a month, at least 2 hours long (but usually 3 - 4 hours), so guaranteed 8 hours of magic from some of magics greatest minds for under $50 a month! That works out to about $12 per lecture.
Penguin Live Lecture Pass - roughly 4 lectures a month, at least 2 hours long (but usually 3 - 4 hours), so guaranteed 8 hours of magic from some of magics greatest minds for under $50 a month! That works out to about $12 per lecture.
Iīd like to say that for me Reel Magic Magazine is by far the best deal in magic. I couldnīt believe it when it was first offered as a download and I was already subscribing. Now I do not even have to wait for the post, it just lands in my in box for instant streaming. Nothing else I have seen beats it for quality and price. Thank you Kozmo.
Reel Magic Magazine. Koz, whatever you do, do not lose David Regal. I love your content, but I find myself going straight to his section first. He is great. I've had tears of laughter several times.
Reel Magic, cant beat the value and content.
Reel Magic gets my vote.
Reel Magic by a long shot. How can you beat $5 a month for all that content?

Kenn
I love Penguin Open Box. I have gotten some great deals waiting around.
I find that buying or trading items with fellow magi ends up making a great deal.