(Close Window)
Topic: Steve Reynold's Zarrow
I thought this might warrant a mention here. Jason England had said that there is a DVD in the works which I think many members here would be interested in. No real news yet, but I've heard Steve has a wonderful zarrow and that it solves the problems that Mr Plants solves in a more traditional fashion.
I'm interested in this too

I did message Jason England about this and he said that it was going to be put out by himself, Paul Wilson and Steve. No release date currently set
Have you seen him do it?
I haven't seen him do it, in a recent penguin lecture Steve Reynolds showed a basic idea on the zarrow, which wasn't the best I'ld ever seen, however there was something on there that he didn't want the camera to see which looked pretty interesting. (You only get a small look at it)
I'm also sure that if Jason or Steve see this they might give us an update as to when it is available or a progress report.
Anyway I'm really looking forward to it. I'm still trying to track down the Sadowitz book on the zarrow cull and have become quite interested in zarrow applications.
Sounds great thanks.
[quote]
On Apr 6, 2014, Bobbycash wrote:
I haven't seen him do it, in a recent penguin lecture Steve Reynolds showed a basic idea on the zarrow, which wasn't the best I'ld ever seen, however there was something on there that he didn't want the camera to see which looked pretty interesting. (You only get a small look at it)
[/quote]
You can find the idea you are talking about in the e-booklet "SRO: on site insights"
It's th e Zarrow Bottom-Line Shuffle
[i]"This is considered by some of the Top cardmen in the world to be the REAL WORK on the Zarrow Shuffle. This looks like a straight shuffle, but the entire order is retained."[/i]
I agree with Bobbycash, this is not the best idea you can see on the zarrow.

To see Steve Reynolds perform his zarrow, you can take a look at his DVD "seek 52", on the trick called "Two Shuffle Waltz"
His zarrow on the dvd don't look as good as I expected.
Perhaps he didn't perfom his best zarrow to not show it, like during his lecture on Pinguin ?
In fact during the explanation, he didn't do the zarrow at all, he just said to perform it, take off the top card, put the other half, and reassemble the deck.
That's because he don't what to show his handling.

I think it will be a mistake to waiting and expect a miraculous tip about this shuffle.
But why not...
Before all, I'm waiting to see a really convicing zarrow shuffle from Steve Reynolds.
Hi chrishftr,
I have the booklet and I do like the idea of the bottom line zarrow. I'm excited about it just because I can see something but can't figure out what exactly is happening in Reynold's zarrow that I want to replicate. I really can't put my finger on it though.
Thanks. I have not heard of any of that.
I believe steve also has a zarrow workbook. So that might help till the DVD comes out
Steve reynold also released a dvd a while back that taught? his zarrow along with some card routines....
I believe he did have a old DVD that is quite hard to find these days. The new project however from what has been stated in various lectures that is filmed by Paul Wilson with Jason England and Steve Reynold's on screen discussing the Zarrow.
The workbook for the Zarrow from what I've researched was in conjunction with Steve's 'Skelton Key to the Zarrow Shuffle' Lecture and I'm not sure if it's available as a stand alone. Anyway when more public information comes out I'll post updates as that's the best I can do.
I have not performed the Zarrow as I teach it in my workshop on any DVD. Though I have discussed some of my ideas in a few places as detailed in this thread.

The Bottom-Line Zarrow is just a way to SET Up for the shuffle and allows for a straight cut.

The workbook is available free to those who attend my workshop.

As to the expertise that backs up the handling: This is based on the work of Edward Marlo and my own experimentations over 22 years.

As to the release date of the DVD, that will be made available soon. I don't know what it is.

I'm excited about finally getting all my work out, so others can learn the work.

The point of all this is not to show how well I do the shuffle, but on providing the tools so that you can do it well.

This is not one or two finesses, but an entirely different approach to learning it and in some key ways it is much different than any in print.

Take Care,

Steve
Wow thanks Steve,
I look forward to it. I'll definitely be grabbing a copy.
Sounds very interesting, thanks. I will have to look into this "workgroup". I don't know what that means.
At the workshop/DVD (eventually) I turn those who can't shuffle into those who can. Even if you never Zarrow, you will learn the technique of shuffling in general. In fact, the shuffle style I teach allows you to branch off into other riffle Shuffle Tactics (i.e. Tabled Faro Riffle Shuffles, Stacking, Strip-Out/Push-Through Shuffles, etc.).

So, the workshop and the DVD are not just for those who want to do the Zarrow--it just happens to be my specialty and so I teach my detailed approach.

And just for the record: My goal has never been to outshine any other shuffler. We're all "special people" with something to share with you, so you can add to your knowledge of this powerful tool.

I wouldn't put it out if I didn't think it was something considerably valuable. Think of it as my first Major Contribution.

Thanks again for all your interest.

Steve

PS Contact me with any specific questions. I'll help you in any way that I can.
Thanks Steve for more info, I'll keep waiting patiently for the release. Looking forward to it
So the workshop is like a live action game, rather than an on line thing. I live in England and too far for me but it sounds cool. Thank you. Good luck with the DVD I will when they come out.
Hi all,

When Steve was in Montreal, I took the workshop and it worth every penny.

Steve is a great teacher and takes the time to be sure that every step is well understood.

Now I use his techniques for the zarrow all the time.

Its a AAA+ for me

Marc
I got to hang out with Steve the other day and see the Zarrow from any angle. You can't see ANYTHING.

This isn't just a small addition to the Zarrow, it's a full reworking and it's freaking deceptive.
Why is my comment gone? I'm not allowed to doubt of a "freaking deceptive" Zarrow?

Never seen one in my life! Prove me I'm wrong.
I have seen many people deceived with a Z but none of them was named Arnold as I recall.
Hahaha. Sure, it depends the knowledge of the guys around the table and... the procedures in use for the shuffling procedure. But usually Z-shuffles are far from being deceptive if you pay attention.

BTW tommy, we soon can't play Poker anymore in the pubs! WTF?
We have an interest in a bar but we never did have a game there. I don't know the rules really. I mean I am just a silent partner in that joint. I have not heard anything. I did notice there is quite a few poker tables for sale on ebay today.
[quote]On May 9, 2014, AMcD wrote:
Why is my comment gone? I'm not allowed to doubt of a "freaking deceptive" Zarrow?

Never seen one in my life! Prove me I'm wrong. [/quote]
I'm quite optimistic about the project, but I once again agree with your assessment about the state of the zarrow Arnold.
Here's to hoping Steve fools you ;)
Anybody can be fooled, me first. And I like been fooled.

But the Zarrow? Nah. It's just the mechanics of the move. I've seen good ones, for instance by the Magician Christian Chelman, and a couple of others. But it's always in a Magic contexts and it wouldn't go with Gambling procedures. At least the one I know.

Anyway, just my opinion.
[quote]On May 8, 2014, AMcD wrote:
Anybody can be fooled, me first. And I like been fooled.

But the Zarrow? Nah. It's just the mechanics of the move. I've seen good ones, for instance by the Magician Christian Chelman, and a couple of others. But it's always in a Magic contexts and it wouldn't go with Gambling procedures. At least the one I know.

Anyway, just my opinion. [/quote]
I totally agree with you Arnold. Christian Chelman's Zarrow is beautiful:)
I thought I might bump this with some more news. Looks like Dan & Dave will be releasing the project which they announced would be out quite soon (on there most recent coffee with dan & dave, they are working on a trailer atm). However, Steve Reynolds has just been (maybe out by now) from hospital. Hope he gets well soon
I recently spent a few hours with Steve Reynolds (who is feeling much better thank goodness) at this years ('14) GGG convention and can attest that his work on the Zarrow is really something special. I have the Gary Plants monograph, which I really like. However, Gary's choice of cover just isn't for me. Steve Reynolds approaches the shuffle from another angle that allows (in my view) a more natural grip, square up and 360 degrees of cover, all without any excess coziness.

If you ever get a chance to see Steve lecture, or session with him, you'll find that the quality of his work is exceeded only by his kindness in sharing and explaining it.
I want to add that Steve's work on the Zarrow is great, and I watched him teach people how to do it within a workshop, step by step. He has a different take that Gary Plants, who also has excellent work on the shuffle, and if you plan to use this shuffle, I really think you need to get as much material as you can.

Steve's work is great. He's a nice guy as well. So is Gary. Do yourself a favor, get them both, and learn all you can learn. It's a great tool, and there's no reason to not avail yourself of all the information that you can. You'll wind up with a preference, I am sure, but you need to know your choices as well.
Are there any news about Steve's DVD?
I read in another post (from Jason England) that release date would be "later this year"...
BigSmile,

The video has been completely edited and we are having the DVD authored very soon. We could have been ready a few months ago but when Gary Plants released his Zarrow DVD we decided to wait a bit. That was so we didn't create any confusion in the marketplace and also because Gary is a friend of ours and we wanted his DVD to have the spotlight it deserves.

If you haven't already bought Gary's DVD, you should - it is excellent.

Jason
Hi Jason!
And thanks for your fast answer.

I already have ordered Gary's DVD (it did not arrive yet) but was curious about your and Steve's project.

All the best from Germany,
Carsten
Ok. I'm hooked. I have the Zarrow book. Looking forward to the Steve Reynolds release.. In the meantime: Where can I order the Gary Plants book?
[quote]On Dec 30, 2014, slowdini wrote:
Ok. I'm hooked. I have the Zarrow book. Looking forward to the Steve Reynolds release.. In the meantime: Where can I order the Gary Plants book? [/quote]

You can order directly from Gary here: www.thecardplant.com
Any update on Steve's DVD release date?
I was fortunate enough to actually go and see Steve for a couple of hours in New Orleans a week or so ago. (He also has a great deal of knowledge of Marlo and Bro Hamman)
IMO it is the work on the zarrow shuffle. He knows how to teach it and it looks more similar to the style of shuffle that we are used to seeing. It will take a while for me to get used to the method of doing it, but I'll keep working.
I don't have any info on the release date, but I do when it is available it will be worth it.
Thanks ..I attended a lecture by Steve a few years as well and he did his Zarrow. I agree he is excellent and I never forgotten how good it was. Can't wait for the DVD.
Has been another month, has anyone heard of an update on the release date?
Certainly anyone who was jazzed about getting Gary's take on the Zarrow shuffle has purchased his DVD.
Please release Steve's DVD.
Second the above.
[quote]On Apr 5, 2014, Bobbycash wrote:
I thought this might warrant a mention here. Jason England had said that there is a DVD in the works which I think many members here would be interested in. No real news yet, but I've heard Steve has a wonderful zarrow and that it solves the problems that Mr Plants solves in a more traditional fashion. [/quote]

The zarrow shuffle is a magicians move and this is THE GAMBLING SPOT.

Should this not be in the workers section?

I am thinking of a word that starts with H.
Grow up and get out.

Actually only the second one is necessary.
Since everybody is gambling on line these days, all card mechanics are obsolete, redundant and are now performing magic. :)
Glenn you don't need to call me a hero for providing you with a source of news and information that as Diaconis said is one of the few moves to move from the magic to gambling world, with references in many a gaming protection books etc but I take the compliment thank you.
Persi Diaconis the magician?
Shock horror, however I also believe Forte and other protection assets have said similar things.
Anyway, if there is an issue with it being here I'm more than happy for it to be moved :)
:magicrabbit:
Spoke to Steve Reynolds today.The DVD has been authored and we're working on some last-minute artwork issues now.

Soon.

Jason
Excellent news, thanks for the update
Thanks for the news Jason will this be released through Dan and Dave ?
Magicphil,

As it stands now, we will release Steve's shuffle as a DVD first by ourselves (me, Paul Wilson, and Steve Reynolds).

However, if we eventually turn the product into a download (and we most likely will at some point), then D&D are our first choice. They've wanted to be involved from the very beginning and are great guys.

Jason
Very excited for this release! Can't wait until I finally get my hands on it
I am also waiting. Do we have an update of the release date and link to the web site where we'll be able to order the dvd?
Anyone have an update on the release?
Last time I spoke to Steve it was just a matter of working out a price as it wasn't 'just' on the zarrow shuffle but on a whole system of shuffling.
August I guess
Steve has just announced on his FB that it will be released at Magic Live, further details are yet to be announced.
This is great news and that's next month so the wait is just about over.

Thanks for the update.
The DVDs are being duplicated as I type and WILL be available at Magic Live. We may also do some online pre-order sales in the coming weeks that will ship to customers a few days before Magic Live so that everyone (around the U.S. at least) can get their copies at about the same time.

More info as we get it.

Jason
I've been waiting for this DVD for a while, very happy to hear it's so close.
Thanks for the update Jason, I'll definitely be putting in a preorder.
Put me down as well for a preorder!!!!
Please don't put me down for pre-order or even post-order of the Steve Reynolds Zarrow Shuffle.

I have more than enough false shuffles to last me a lifetime, or perhaps two lifetimes if I use them judiciously. :cool:
I am just an old card sharp shuffling about the card room but I like to see what's new to me.
[quote]On Jul 22, 2015, tommy wrote:
I am just an old card sharp shuffling about the card room but I like to see what's new to me. [/quote]

You got me interested. You get the book and if you like it, maybe I can borrow [I]your[/I] copy. :goof:
I am a bit skeptical that there's a whole DVDs worth of new material to be done on the z shuffle. The thing that makes the shuffle so great is that there's so little to it. It's not like the kennedy middle or the table faro or something like that; so difficult that new work on them is always welcome if only to see what other people are doing with their hands when they do them. So I'm curious to see if people think this brings anything new to the zarrow other than new tricks for a full deck stack, which I have plenty of books about already that I haven't ever finished.

EDIT TO ADD: reading the original post by Steve, I see that there's going to be material on other table riffle shuffles and also some stuff on the get ready, which makes more sense than just a full DVD on the zarrow shuffle. Now I'm curious.
Who said anything about "new material on the Zarrow shuffle?"

What's wrong with just a really well-thought out teaching methodology by a guy who does the move as well as I've ever seen it done?

The Zarrow as a concept can be encapsulated in 15 seconds. But then so can a tabled faro or the Kennedy center deal. Teaching those moves in any meaningful way (as opposed to just describing them) is another matter. Teaching is more than description. Teaching involves not just being able to accurately describe something, but also having the ability to anticipate and correct problems that students will encounter as they progress with the move and its variations/applications. That may require an entire DVD or even several DVDs depending on the move.

The thing is, if a guy does a move significantly better than you do it, is willing and able to teach it, and if you want to do the move better, then you buy his product. If one (or all) of those factors don't apply to you, then you don't buy it.

If you're looking for new you might be disappointed. If you're looking for "better" you won't be.

Jason
[quote]On Jul 24, 2015, JasonEngland wrote:

What's wrong with just a really well-thought out teaching methodology by a guy who does the move as well as I've ever seen it done?

...The thing is, if a guy does a move significantly better than you do it, is willing and able to teach it, and if you want to do the move better, then you buy his product. If one (or all) of those factors don't apply to you, then you don't buy it.

If you're looking for new you might be disappointed. If you're looking for "better" you won't be.

Jason [/quote]

Good points Jason. Seem like it would be of great benefit to many readers on this forum. From what I have seen from most attempting the Zarrow Shuffle, because it appears to be such a simple move to master they end up murdering it.

From what you have written, this approach might improve the shuffle considerably for many.
I have seen many top card magicians perform and teach the Zarrow and learned to do it as they taught it. Then I saw Steve perform his version of the Zarrow in person and close up. My jaw dropped because I could not tell as I did not see all the tells I have been accustomed to see.

His approach is excellent and I can't wait to get his DVD and I am more than OK if all he teaches is how to perform his version of the Zarrow.
Just an update for everyone, Steve's DVD titled Z. is now available for preorder on his site. I just preordered mine. There are a lot of glowing recommendations from guys like Steve Forte, Jack Carpenter and Alan Ackerman to name a few. Can't wait!
If anyone needs the link to Steve's Zarrow shuffle DVD here it is. Although a few "pre-pre-orders" managed to sneak in over the past few days, today is the official launch of the DVD in pre-order and we should be shipping by Friday. (DVDs are expected to arrive on Thursday the 6th.)

http://www.stevereynoldsmagic.com/products/z

Jason

The Zarrow as a concept can be encapsulated in 15 seconds. But then so can a tabled faro or the Kennedy center deal. Teaching those moves in any meaningful way (as opposed to just describing them) is another matter. Teaching is more than description. Teaching involves not just being able to accurately describe something, but also having the ability to anticipate and correct problems that students will encounter as they progress with the move and its variations/applications. That may require an entire DVD or even several DVDs depending on the move.

The thing is, if a guy does a move significantly better than you do it, is willing and able to teach it, and if you want to do the move better, then you buy his product. If one (or all) of those factors don't apply to you, then you don't buy it.

Jason [/quote]
Very well put.
Surely he can put it in a book, seeing as that's how everybody says is the best way to learn?
Anyone else having a problem trying to use PayPal to order this?

I keep getting an error that addresses don't match.
I know I don't post here often, but here I am.

If you have any questions, I'm available to answer them.

Here are some answers to some of the questions I've read here:

1. Yes, the DVD is finished and is in the PRE-ORDER PHASE.
2. It will be ready to ship on the 6th of August 2015 from Las Vegas (I'll be at Magic Live! talking about the Zarrow Shuffle).
3. I am a magician and not a gambler/cheat.
4. I've worked on the Zarrow since I first saw Brother John perform it in conjunction with "Two-Shuffles Harry"--I was 15 (I'm 38 now).
5. My inspiration for this handling is Edward Marlo (see: Prime-Time Marlo [1994]).
6. This information has been in a book for the last 5 years and I shared this with those who attended my workshop and briefly available to the masses (my masses are about 25 people!). You can become one of "my masses" by asking to be on my mailing list. Come join the fun.
7. I chose to make a DVD since my EXPLANATION is as complete as the book--the information is taken directly from my workshop.
8. Consider "Z." a book on tape with visual aids.
9. I'm sorry for any problems with Paypal. It might be better to go to: http://www.stevereynoldsmagic.com/products/z
10. This is not one or two finesses. It's not just about the Zarrow Shuffle, but also about how to execute a clean and direct Riffle Shuffle.
11. It's not just for the EXPERTS, but for the average card handler as well (and coin handlers that want to learn to shuffle).
12. Why another book/DVD on the Zarrow Shuffle: Because I think I have something significant to add that has not been shared before.

Let me know if I missed anything and I will try to answer it/them to the best of my ability.

Thanks for your time.

Steve Reynolds
[quote]On Aug 3, 2015, Ray Tupper. wrote:
Surely he can put it in a book, seeing as that's how everybody says is the best way to learn? [/quote]

Like Steve said just above me, he [i]has[/i] put his ideas in a book, he just didn't distribute it widely or easily.

But that aside, I don't know that the blanket statement that books are the "best way to learn" is true. I tend to agree with that sentiment when talking about learning full routines from start to finish (although even then I can think of exceptions), but I've always maintained that video frequently has the edge when one is trying to learn a move or technique (especially one involving timing or coordinated actions).

Jason
I'm looking forward to receiving this. When I get it into my head to perfect a sleight, I try to obtain everything that's out there.
Over the last few years, I've spent a lot of time trying to perfect a Zarrow that looks like a standard riffle shuffle, not a Zarrow shuffle. I'm fairly satisfied with the results up to now. I'm curious if Steve's method incorporates some of the ideas I've come up with.
Nicholas,

Thank you. I would love to compare notes. Maybe I'll learn something from you.

I'm the same way when it comes to working on moves, etc. There's a lot out there. I always assume that there's someone who has spent more time on it than I have. So, since I've now spent considerable time and energy on the Shuffle (and related techniques), I thought it was time to get this stuff out. This was due partly by a demand by those I have shared these ideas with over the years.

Once you get it, Nicholas, and have spent some time working through it let's talk.

It's easy to become territorial and guarded with moves that you've made your own. I try not to be that way. So, any time you want to talk, we can.

I'm sure some of the real inside guys out there will be critical of my work. So be it.

Steve
Finally.

Success in ordering!
I have just placed my order and can't wait to see the shuffle and make the needed adjustments.
Wow...

I ordered this on the 5th and the letter carrier just delivered it!

That is great service!

[/quote]
Nothing wrong with that at all, I was just confused by the ad copy after my first read.
Any review on this?
Is it possible to get a video/preview of this?
[quote]On Aug 12, 2015, Mejais wrote:
Is it possible to get a video/preview of this? [/quote]

Why would you need it?
[quote]On Aug 12, 2015, Kabbalah wrote:
[quote]On Aug 12, 2015, Mejais wrote:
Is it possible to get a video/preview of this? [/quote]

Why would you need it? [/quote]

you are right haha. Never thought about it this way. If its that perfect I don't need a video because it looks like a normal shuffle...

But I like to know what I buy. Basicly I spend 35$ for something I don't know how it looks.
I don't believe there is any intention of releasing a video preview.
[quote]On Aug 13, 2015, Bobbycash wrote:
I don't believe there is any intention of releasing a video preview. [/quote]

Thatís too bad. With a preview I might be able to figure out the subtle nuances and workings of this more deceptive Zarrow and thereby save 35 bucks.

Hey, 35 bucks is 35 bucks. That money could go towards the tips I give the parking attendants at the Aria and Bellagio every week.
Maybe it's just me, but Jason England and Steve Forte had good things to say about this, so, I didn't need a review or a video demo.

Most magician's, including a lot of the top card men, perform Zarrow shuffles that look like, well... Zarrow shuffles, and not very good ones, at that. In addition, many of them don't perform very good normal riffle shuffles.

You can either become or remain one of those magicians, or get this DVD and change all of that.

I've worked for a long time to get my Zarrow to look like a normal riffle shuffle. This DVD gave me some additional tips that are invaluable.
[quote]On Aug 13, 2015, NicholasD wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but Jason England and Steve Forte had good things to say about this, so, I didn't need a review or a video demo.

Most magician's, including a lot of the top card men, perform Zarrow shuffles that look like, well... Zarrow shuffles, and not very good ones, at that. In addition, many of them don't perform very good normal riffle shuffles.

You can either become or remain one of those magicians, or get this DVD and change all of that.

I've worked for a long time to get my Zarrow to look like a normal riffle shuffle. This DVD gave me some additional tips that are invaluable. [/quote]

Can you give a review of this DVD? What inside? How long is it? I have no information beside "it teaches a perfect zarrow and riffle shuffle".
Mejais (and the Others),

Here is a brief rundown on the contents of "Z.":

1hr 8 mins.
An Unreal Works Production
The Zarrow Shuffle: A Private Lesson

1: A Shift In Thinking--Analyzing the Concept of a False Shuffle

This is where I establish my approach to understanding the distinctions between a true and false shuffle and how to make them look identical.

2. Approaching the Deck--Building the Foundations of the False Shuffle

Here I take you step-by-step into the crux of the work and the details that will get you complete cover in 360 degrees.

3. Making the Split--Cut, Step, and Shallow "V"

An in depth analysis of this critical step that is usually glossed over.

4. The Weave--Low and Flat. Roll and Bevel.

Here I continue to deeply analyze a crucial step and reveal not only how to get a beautiful riffle and maintain critical elements, but why these aspects are important.

5. The Genuine Weave--Straight and True

The mechanics of the True Square Up are established and fully analyzed, giving you a foundation of actions that you'll need during Section 6. At this point you will have a consistent and practical Tabled Riffle Shuffle that, for some, may be worth the price of the DVD since they have been struggling so long to gain this skill. From this point you can finish with any type of Riffle Shuffle strategy and be well on your way to mastering Riffle Shuffle Technique (i.e. Stripouts, Push Throughs, Tabled Faro Riffle Shuffles, Riffle Stacking, etc.)

6. False Weave--Adjust, Spread, Roll, Separate, Push

Here you learn the details on the False Square up, getting complete cover for the "riding block", not only from the front, but from the back as well. This is the most challenging part for some, but I go into exacting detail on getting it into your hands.

Exposed views are provided, plus shots from every practical angle. Everything I know about teaching this technique is in this DVD. The information was not developed in my home, but out in the field during my Workshops for students who have been struggling for years. Again, this is not for the expert (though I feel that this DVD would be welcome into their ever growing bank of Knowledge (this may make you re-think Riffle Shuffles and how they really work), but for the rank amature wishing to move to a next level, but is lacking good information designed to help them reach this goal.

This is my first MAJOR STATEMENT and CONTRIBUTION--thus the "period" in "Z."

7. Timing--Context, Speed and the Protected Position

Here I show you how to take advantage of the complete cover and thus being able to do a very METHODICAL or LOOSE square up. Also, I share an invaluable PRACTICE STRATEGY that will help you learn each detail in a timely manner.

Throughout this DVD I share other valuable practice tips to keep you on track and maintain the other details as you learn and apply them to previous steps you've learned. I help you maintain control of your knowledge as you build your muscle memory.

8. Bringing It All Together--Reviewing the Elements of the False Shuffle

9. The Bottom-Line Zarrow--A Powerful, Convincing Subtlety

This technique can be applied to your established shuffle and will add a strong sell to the square up. I also share a preliminary cutting sequence to set up for the shuffle.

Interview

An in depth Question/Answer segment that reveals my history of this project.

Credits
Further Reading

http://www.stevereynoldsmagic.com/products/z

I hope this helps. Thank you.

Steve
Wow thank you!
No problem.

If you have any other questions, please let ME know.

seek52@hotmail.com

Steve
After some delay because of customs finally had my copy yesterday.
Great work by Steve Reynold.
I am impresed not just only with the details to make the shuffle work, not just "the move," but with all the insigth and thinking behind.
You can really see all the effort Steve has put all these years to make the shuffle as perfect as he can, and more important (I mean for us) You can notice also the effort he made to teach it propertly.

Thank you Steve, now it's time for practice.

Koldo
Kaldo,

Thank you for your comments.

You're officially my student, so get shuffling. :)

Thanks again, Kaldo.

Steve
It is a fantastic resource, I love the flatness of the shuffle!
Probably my biggest issue at the moment is actually getting the weave technique as demonstrated on he video (well in particular the roll) but I would recommend this to anyone that is interested in riffle shuffle work, particularly the zarrow.
Bobbycash,

I'm glad you're digging in.

I can help with any detail problems. Contact me if you'd like.

I'm available.

seek52@hotmail.com
This is a 67-minute DVD teaching a move that takes two seconds to perform. So you can imagine all the nuances that goes into the teaching. I watched this tonight and thought, "Wow, Steve is actually giving me point-by-point instruction of riffling the cards off the thumb as if it was a fingerprint." There is no action of the move that is glossed over. In terms of authoritativeness and completeness, I don't know if there's a more thorough DVD on the market.

As a point of comparison, I also have Doug Edwards' Zarrow download from Vanishing Inc. Doug's is more of an optical illusion, and it's plenty deceptive itself. But the key with Steve's DVD is the importance of matching a regular riffle shuffle with the Zarrow so that the two are indistinguishable. Re-learning how to riffle shuffle has been, in fact, quite a fun experience for me.

Kevin