(Close Window)
Topic: Plate Lifter Ideas?
Besides using a slick card or table salt and a plate lifter for a haunted deck type effect where the pack of cards would be sitting on the table rather than held on the hand...what other magical (not gag) related ideas might be floating around? I did a search and the only other idea found (really a gag) was to use the lifter to animate a toupe.
Nicholas
Ted Lesley has some extraordinary ideas with plate lifters in his book Paramiracles.
I thought of an effect that I posted in the bizarre catorgory some time back...

You have a tray of salt, and sketch a heart shape in it. With the magicial gesture, the heart "Beats", just once or twice.

The method was (obviously) a plate lifter at the bottom of the tray... Although I really couldn't tell you if it worked, I couldn't find a platelifter!

Cheers,

Liam.
Thanks for the ideas. I forgot about Paramiracles. I took another look and, by gosh, there are some great ideas there. I also like the beating heart idea. Thanks again!
Nicholas
Hi -

Corrinda's "13 Steps" has an effect using a plate lifter called "The Haunted Ball" on page 292. This effect is the reason I was looking into plate lifters myself.

Best,
G.
I created an effect called "Spirit Walk".
It uses a 'Stripper' and 'Brainwave' deck and two 'Palpitator (s)' (aka Plate Lifter).

Effect is that a card jumps from one deck to the other. The boxed decks are seen to move during the transposition.

A copy of the effect can be found at the 'False Cuts' site.