(Close Window)
Topic: Trying my hand at knives!
Hi all, new to the forum, was hoping I could pick the brain of anyone that currently, or in the recent past, tried color changing knives. I picked up a set of 3 knives from Mogar knives (so very well made! wow!) and The Ascanio Book 4. I have been playing with the handling and changes, and (insert super secret awesome move), but have yet to come up with a routine. Sure I can do the "white knife...I move here, and white knife here...POOF, black knife". Or the ever popular "I have 2 knives, different, poof, jump from one hand to the other, now both the same"...but that seems, to me, a little "vanilla". I have poked around to find a nice routine/story/etc, but they all seem to be the same. Youtube has fun Bill Malone routine, but I was hoping for something a little different. Anyone know another good book/dvd/kidnapped magician? Anything YOU out there do that you can post that I can see and perhaps inspire me? Do I need more than 3 knives (blk, wht, 1/2-1/2)?
I would keep wroking with them and play with different ideas. [b]The create your own routine.[/b] :spinningcoin:
Thanks for the reply!

That's just my problem, I cannot quite figure something out. Why would I have 3 knives? do I only use 2 and switch out the dominant color? there has to be a way to use all 3.....
Pm me your email and I will send you something.
First, you have some of the best knives made for magic.

Second, take a look at Whit Haydn's color-changing knife routine "The Intricate Web of Distraction". Study his audience management during the routine. Also, he thoroughly explains the basic knife sleights in an understandable way. Study what he does, then use this knowledge to build your own.
Try and find the routine of Micheal Skinner and/or Fred Kaps (maybe Pete Biro can help here).
PM sent.

See World's Greatest Magic DVD for some very good example routines.

Hudson
[quote]
On Apr 7, 2014, 55Hudson wrote:
PM sent.

See World's Greatest Magic DVD for some very good example routines.

Hudson
[/quote]

Hudson is right, the World's Greatest Magic DVD are great! :spinningcoin:
Aldo Colombini put out a nice routine on DVD that sells for $10.
Hope you get something out of my little routine...it has served me well.
Ugh, So busy. My plan is to go over it this weekend. It actually inspired me (of the brief read) and I am going to test it out. TY again!