(Close Window)
Topic: Tony Miller Mobius Wallet
Figured we should move the discussion of this wallet to its own thread to avoid derailing this thread where the discussion started:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=360662&forum=202&start=0

Mine arrived today. I've barely had time to play with them but they look nice, seem practical, and so handy for its special trick. I can also see them doubling as a desktop fidgiter's toy.
How many ways can YOU snap together two of them? Three? Four? :-)

They also look very innocent, just like what you'd expect to see someone carrying coins in.
Wait till you see some of the ideas ppl have sent me. Curtis Kam has really rocked it. And it is just starting. I don't think I have ever been this excited over something that does not have a card going into it.

Tony
Wow!. The stuff just keeps coming! I will say here what this lil beast can do!... But it totally rocks. Those of you who know me know that I don't do superlatives often.. But this is just Sooooo Much fun!

Tony
Well, I got a package today from the one and only Tony Miller.....

Wonderful wallet, this is. It is absolutely addictive, and it does [b]not[/b] look like a purse, because, well, it just doesn't. This for me is a [i]good[/i] thing, as I have never, ever used a coin purse, despite their utility. I just never wanted to bring out such a purse, as the only real person I have ever seen with one was my dearly beloved Grandma. That's not to say that my Grandma wasn't a fine person, but I never have gone in for dressing like a little old lady, except when I rob Post Offices. And at certain parties. And on the last Tuesday of every month.

But I'm getting sidetracked.

So, back to the Mobius Wallet. I will be playing with this, (or these, in fact), for the foreseeable future, as they are so much [i]fun[/i]. But there are already several coin routines I have which have always begged for a receptacle, and now I finally have one that I am happy use, so this is also going straight into performance. No messing about.

And the name? Well, my mother always said I'd never amount to anything. But here I am, just one year shy of forty, and [i]I[/i] named a new wallet by the legend that is Tony Miller. So [b][i]'In your face, Mum!'[/i][/b] ;)

Seriously, if you like the look of it, buy it. It's as you would expect from Tony Miller. My first CTW was a RMW, by Tony. The man knows about leather, he knows about wallets, he knows what magicians want. And he has a secret weapon, called Rosy.

'Nuff said.

All the best,

Tom.
Well Tom... Then I think you are gonna be happy. By Wed. there will be a ton of stuff up on the instruction site... What? A coin wallet with an instruction site? WHY? Well kids... This coin wallet switches, holds out, acts as a chop cup, a cone and ball, and you can secretly load and steal from it. BOTH cards and coins.Ideas from me, Curtis Kam, Craig Ousterling and others.

Tony
Woohoo!

Happy times :)
Quite honestly, I've been playing with the bloody thing for hours now.

Our house is a building site, currently, and here I am, surrounded by dust sheets, working at a knackered old card table, with the Möbius Wallet and a CSB set. Really loving it.

Certain items are addictive. This is one of them. :thumbsup:
For example here is a demo of one of the things in the instructions... By box maker extraordinaire Craig Ousterling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FT7BGPolns&feature=youtu.be

Tony
And it is now officially released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iufgvJf8nC0

There ya go! A SMALL sampling of what Mobius can do!

Tony
This little wallet ROCKS! It works GREAT for my Copper / Silver / Brass routine...Thanks Tony!

Also working it with my coins across routine. Check this out:

1) Purse opened up...4 coins dumped out...purse is shown to be empty.
2) Perform coins across (My version ends clean...so coins left on table)
3) Now perform a signed card routine
4) At end of the card routine you show that the purse now has a folded card inside
5) "Shuttle ****" and show that it IS the signed card
6) When you put the coins back the purse it is one again shown to be empty

TOO MANY IDEAS!!!!!!!

Cody S. Fisher

Cody S. Fisher
I already see many uses for this and I don't even have one yet. I'm torn on which to get first, this or the hip pocket bombshell I have been holding out for. :eek: I just got the Speedloader Plus a couple weeks ago.
This thing is a mordern day marvel. Once you put it in your hands the brain kicks into high gear.
Man if I wasn't facing the prospect of having to sell most of my magic just to get back home., I would be all over this!!! Tony, it looks GREAT and my mind is spinning with routine ideas; I can see this working beautifully with Steve Shufton's Portal.

Folks, Tony Miller certainly doesn't need an endorsement by a hack like me nor did he ask for one. I know his work from Apocalypse and other sources including his own releases. Check out Colossal Blizzard for a great approach to the Blizzard plot. Anyhow, even though I do not have this wallet, knowing Tony's work and his exacting standards, if you can afford this and don't get it, you are missing out at your own peril.
Looking forward to receiving it.
[quote]On Apr 29, 2014, Calvin Tong wrote:
Looking forward to receiving it. [/quote]
It is winging its way to you Calvin. And we added more vids since we released it.

Tony
Got mine, watched the vids that are up so far and this is a "Game Changer" where the world of wallets is concerned. There is so much cool stuff you can do with it straight out of the gate and a lot of room for adding to the arsenal. Cards, coins, chop "cone", switches, peeks..... the list will surely go on. I would venture to say that this is as valuable to any magician as a Thumb Tip. :-) Great job Tony.
Yes!
Thanks for the quick shipment Tony. I love the wallet. Nice videos. This is going to be fun.

caL
Well the first run of the Mobius is entirely sold out. I will make more but not for a while as I have a lo9t of other projects to work on. When I do they will cost more. Ya shooda bought em while ya had the chance. A Spanish coin guy named Rubiales bought the last 2.

Tony
I had lunch with Rubiales last Friday and showed him your Mobius. He asked where he could get one and I gave him your contact info. Glad he got a hold of you and bought the last ones. I expect that he will come up with tons of ideas with it as well. He is a real creative thinker. He will be lecturing at my Ring this Wednesday night (IBM Ring 216 in SJ, CA)

caL
Hey Calvin glad you liked it and really glad you showed it to our Spanish amigo.

Tony
[quote]On May 12, 2014, Doomo wrote:
Well the first run of the Mobius is entirely sold out. I will make more but not for a while as I have a lo9t of other projects to work on. When I do they will cost more. Ya shooda bought em while ya had the chance. A Spanish coin guy named Rubiales bought the last 2.

Tony [/quote]

I just attempted to order this before I read this posting; your website said nothing about the product being sold out and PayPal processed my order. That's not like you Tony....you have always been the consummate professional. Why did you not update your website?
All orders are being filled So not to worry.
Tony
[quote]On May 19, 2014, Doomo wrote:
All orders are being filled So not to worry.
Tony [/quote]

Then, I continue to remain a believer.
[quote]On Apr 25, 2014, Vlad_77 wrote:

... I know his work from Apocalypse and other sources including his own releases. .... [/quote]

I had no idea that tony had stuff in Apocalypse! too Cool!
I love Tony and am curious now. Off to the Google machine to look more into this.

On the wallet; too easy. EXCELLENT. But that's no suprise coming from Tony. And the videos he continues to share is another example of true dedication to further support his products and not run with the money.
Tony is top notch all around
Triangular leather one snap closure coin purse, reminds me of the Bill Wisch coin purse from years ago.

I illustrated the booklet of suggested moves and effects for it back in the day

Kotah
Put this baby into action over the weekend and holy crap does it fool people. I was amazed at How well the switches looked from my side. This is an absolute gem to the world of coin magic. I used it primarily with my hopping halves set putting the coins into the coin wallet instead of my pocket (only to reappear in my hand). At the completion, I was able to fully open the wallet and show only 2 (real and examinable) coins. That is only one of many uses for this wallet. It gets better every time you use it. :-)

And as a bonus, by putting the gaffs away in the manner I did , it was immediately reset when I put the real coins back in their spot. Flip and restart for next group.
Thanks 4 sharing!!!!!

I love hopping halves and this is perfect! !!

So simple but I never thought of that.

Cool!
Thanks Poof - Time to move my HH into this coin purse.
Have now had a grandmonkey take the wallet completely apart - and I mean COMPLETELY - and they can find nothing "wrong" with it. They're now convinced it's not gimmicked and that I somehow made their Chuck-E-Cheese game coin go under a place setting.

Yeah, it's that innocent.

Thanks, Tony! Sneakiest. Coin. Gimmick. EVER!

*jeep! and God Bless!
---Grandpa Chet
Great customer service! Thanks Tony.

cAL
I just got my 2 Mobius Wallets Wallets from Tony Miller a few days ago. First let me say that the craftsmanship is superb. I have a Real Man's Coin Wallet as well and both are great products.

The coin wallet also does stuff which is great as well. As most just hold coins in your pocket. There are some cool effects that have been contributed and I suspect many more ideas will come.
In fact new stuff goes up next week. Mentalism shtuff actually.
I just received my wallets. They're of great quality, and have a unique look to them that I think compliments the old silver coins we all tend to favour.

Thanks Tony for sharing your wonderful idea with us!

Andrew
I am very interested in this wallet, I am just curious about the size... Is anyone willing to take a pic of this wallet next to a dollar and/or half dollar coin? I'm a Morgan and Walking Lib kinda guy, so pics of the wallet next to any of those coins would be great! If not, anything in the same size works just as well!

Thanks!

Bobby
You Can see a Pic Of the Wallet On Lassen's Blog! It's the 3 Th. thing down!
[quote]On Jun 11, 2014, David Neighbors wrote:
You Can see a Pic Of the Wallet On Lassen's Blog! It's the 3 Th. thing down! [/quote]

I have seen the pic on the blog, but it is still hard to tell the size of the wallet with just the Otis Okito in it...

Thanks!

Bobby
Hey Bobby,

I've got 5 dollar sized coins in one at the moment with no problem.

Incidentally, for the Luis Piedrahita CSB, you can use the Möbius to load the copper and brass at the beginning, so they can be produced from the 'empty' wallet at the end; that way you have 'made' two silver dollars at the end of the routine, which has patter potential.

Empty, the sides measure about 7cm.

Tom
I can't wait to get a couple of these, they look very fun to mess around with
Y'all have done it again..... I've ordered two, as well.... Thanks for all the posts on these... this really helps when spending my hard earned money on magic purchases!

Magician Shaun - Thanks for showing me these @ the SAM meeting, too. After holding one in my hand, I knew I HAD to have one.

Any of you coin guys out there.... You NEED a couple of these, too. You won't be disappointed!
Tony put out some great thinking and beautiful work in these.
Tony, is there going to be one that can hold an Okito box?
Todd had A Pic. On his Blog With a box In it! :)
One of the routines you get access to when you purchase the wallet, involves an Okito
box inside the wallet.
Yes. There will be a Mobius that will hold a dollar sized okito box. These will be available through that master coin box maker Craig Ousterling. I will try to have them to him by GGG. Sorry for not responding sooner. I live in Columbus OH and have Time Warner Internet. Which Means pretty much NO internet.

Tony

PS... 4new vids going up providing that the internet stays on long enough to upload them.
[quote]On Jun 27, 2014, Doomo wrote:
PS... 4new vids going up providing that the internet stays on long enough to upload them. [/quote]

Looking forward to them... thanks, Tony.
[quote]On Jun 27, 2014, Doomo wrote:
I live in Columbus OH and have Time Warner Internet. Which Means pretty much NO internet.

Tony

PS... 4new vids going up providing that the internet stays on long enough to upload them. [/quote]

Don’t you worry one little bit, Tony. Soon you will be part of the collective.... I mean, Comcast. Which means pretty much NO internet, but you'll have the privilege of paying more for NO internet! ;)

Jim
Tony, you coming out to GGG with your stuff?

caL
Got mine the other day. It is awesome! Just what I have been looking for. I've got a nice routine that's similar to Samoya where you end clean and the coins can be inspected. Perfect!
[quote]On Jul 1, 2014, Calvin Tong wrote:
Tony, you coming out to GGG with your stuff?

caL [/quote]

Would love to. But as I am essentially buried under hospital bills I am kind of swimming upstream at the moment.But I am putting together the large Mobius for dollar sized coin boxes for Mr. Ousterling. They should be to him before GGG.

Tony
You ROCK Tony.
Tony, we will miss you at GGG this year.
Craig, I guess we need to talk. :o)
Ok... I hope everyone enjoyed the new vids we put up for the Mobius. But we are now out till August. I am working on projects for other people. Please write me if ya need something.

Tony
[quote]On Jul 15, 2014, Doomo wrote:
Ok... I hope everyone enjoyed the new vids we put up for the Mobius. But we are now out till August. I am working on projects for other people. Please write me if ya need something.

Tony [/quote]

Probably not the last time you will sell out either... These are GREAT Coin Wallets. :-)
[quote]On Jul 15, 2014, Doomo wrote:

Tony [/quote]

Thanks for the new videos Tony. (And very excellent videos they are!)

Jim
This is one of the things I was working on... It is the BIG Mobius. It holds dollar size coin boxes. Craig Ousterling will have them at GGG..

http://youtu.be/7fl-ffrm9xM

Tony
The Miller Maxi Mobius Moneybag? M to the 4th power?
[quote]On Jul 19, 2014, mormonyoyoman wrote:
The Miller Maxi Mobius Moneybag? M to the 4th power? [/quote]

Folx was wanting them to put their dollar sized coin boxes in. So being a weak willed type I said yes. Unfortunately I have said yes to too many projects. So no time for mine...

Tony
If I'd known you were that weak-willed, I'd have thought up some outre projects of my own for yuh. How about a wallet which hangs from the ceiling and whistles?

*jeep! & God Bless!
---Grandpa Chet
Tony, I received the shipment today. Thanks and YOU DA MAN! These are really nice wallets and I'll have them available at GGG thanks to Tony!
I should add that Tony was nice enough to make these larger wallets exclusively for me to provide for my brass box addict friends. These are larger than the originals made to fit dollar size boxes. If anyone here was interested in purchasing them and can't make it to the GGG next week ([url]http://goldengategathering.com/[/url]) feel free to email me and I'll hook you up with Tony's original prices for Café members (please mention that you are a Café member with your Café ID in the email)

Thanks again Tony... you ROCK tha LEATHER!

~Craig
my email is craig.ousterling at gmail.com
Ok... Good news! Side work is done. Custom orders that can be done are now shipped. So Mobius wallets and BIG Mobi's will be available this week iffin yall are interested. Also I am gonna be including the watch chains and shtuff for an additional 10 bux! That is ten bux for either kinda Mobi ya get. And iffin ya get 2 Mobi's The watch chain hookups are only 5 bux! Welcome back!

Tony
Discovered something interesting. The regular mobius can do a lot of shtuff as we all know. But It will NEST inside of the BIG Mobi and you can load it instantly even while on the watch chain! I am lovin it!

Tony
Here is a quick demo (No Routine) of the nesting shtuff... Also added other new vids to the Mobius instructional site.

http://youtu.be/pelilA-oBww

Tony
Im a little late to the party but these look great!

Question...how many coins can the Origial Mobius and Big Mobi hold?

I checked the site and these threads but couldn't seem to find an answer so apologies if this is covered somewhere already.
[quote]On Sep 29, 2014, PendletonThe3rd wrote:
Im a little late to the party but these look great!

Question...how many coins can the Origial Mobius and Big Mobi hold?

I checked the site and these threads but couldn't seem to find an answer so apologies if this is covered somewhere already. [/quote]Well as the original Mobius will hold a half dollar sized Okito box and the Big Mobius will hold a silver dollar sized box.
Does that help?

Tony
When they'll hold a butterscotch-pecan pie, you've got me!

*jeep! & God Bless!
----Grandpa Chet
[quote]On Sep 29, 2014, mormonyoyoman wrote:
When they'll hold a butterscotch-pecan pie, you've got me! [/quote]

Unfortunately, the Mobius Wallets aren't particularly rigid. I tried some Keebler Pecan Sandies and had nothing but crumbs left a few hours later.

"Silver Dollar" pecan pancakes are more flexible and fit nicely, but next time I think I'll skip the syrup.
Butterscotch pudding (the major filler in butterscotch-pecan pie, which replaces the syrup) is an excellent saddlesoap, keeping my Mobius Wallet flexible and fun to lick.

*jeep! and God Bless! (Thank you, Red!)
---Grandpa Chet, the man with 1,000 exclamation points!
Sadly the *** things are not much use with soup either.
On the other hand here is the Nested Mobis used in conjunction with something I have not released yet. A handheld index that holds and entire suit. The nested mobis load beautifully and the index works very well indeed. In fact I sit the index down in the demo. No routine just a demo of capabilities.

Tony
[quote]On Sep 30, 2014, Doomo wrote:
On the other hand here is the Nested Mobis used in conjunction with something I have not released yet.[/quote]

Tony -- was there a link that was supposed to go with this post?
[quote]On Oct 1, 2014, inigmntoya wrote:
[quote]On Sep 30, 2014, Doomo wrote:
On the other hand here is the Nested Mobis used in conjunction with something I have not released yet.[/quote]

Tony -- was there a link that was supposed to go with this post? [/quote]

Pardon my dumbassery. Yes there WAS supposed to be a link...

http://youtu.be/VIj-2674OGk

Kind of like that...

Tony
Dumbassery.I Did Not know that Was a word??? I guess You lure something New Every day! :)
It seems that besides the obvious coin and coin box work the Mobius wallets work REALLY well with cards and Mentalism! So I must admit that I am happy with this!

Tony
Ok... Something REAL NEAT coming out next week that works beautifully with The Mobius. And well with a lot of other items in fact!

Tony
[quote]On May 24, 2014, KOTAH wrote:
Triangular leather one snap closure coin purse, reminds me of the Bill Wisch coin purse from years ago.

I illustrated the booklet of suggested moves and effects for it back in the day

Kotah [/quote]

This thread is very old and I can see the addition to the design here, but as KOTAH pointed out, this does look to be based upon (or at least, very similar to) the Wisch Purse that my father created in 1989. They were marketed heavily through Show-Biz Services in 1990. I didn't see a single acknowledgment of KOTAH's original post, that indeed, this is very similar to the Wisch Purse. It would've been nice to see some acknowledgment of this fact from other members of the magical brotherhood. That said, I wish Tony nothing but success.

[youtube]YhaXF5IdmVc[/youtube]

[img]https://www.martinsmagic.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/bill-wisch-wisch-purse-ad-linking-ring-1990-03.jpg[/img]