(Close Window)
Topic: Walletrix by Deepak Mishra and Oliver Smith
Hi everyone,

Walletrix is a DVD that my friend Deepak and I have been working on. I hope you like it.

Demo:

http://youtu.be/hXqODIwurZ8

Description:

Medusa Change: An extremely visual bill change that happens in the blink of an eye. Imagine showing a bill inside your wallet and with no funny moves it changes. It can be done with any bills and you don’t damage your money. You can hand everything at the end. Live performances included.

Portal: This is the perfect playing card and business card transposition. A spectator selects a card and the card is then lost back in the deck. You then show your business card which vanishes and appears protruding from your wallet on the table. When you open your wallet the business card transforms into the selected card and your business card appears in your mouth. Let them examine everything at the end and keep your business card as a souvenir. Live performance included.

Jump: Make your business card jump from one compartment to another in your wallet. Easy to make and perform.

Wrong Cash: Imagine showing your wallet and with a shake a bill appears. Unfortunately the bill is not the one you wanted so you change it magically. Three handlings are taught and you can use this method to produce a blank bill and change it into a real money. Live performance included.

I-Rise: An impromptu method to make bills rise out of your wallet. No set-up required and it can be performed surrounded. Two handlings are covered on the DVD.

Copy Cat (Bonus): Make a credit card rise out your wallet and jump across to your other hand. The rise and shoot is completely under your control and the card can be immediately examined. Note: This only works with a particular type of wallet. Live performance included.
WalletriX is first ever dvd project which includes 6 amazing effects that can be done using a normal ordinary ungimmicked Wallet.

Whats so special in this project ?

1) 6 amazing super visual effects
2) No special skill required
3) Can be done with most everyday wallets
4) Gimmick/setup/method super easy.
5) Wallet is fully examinable at the end.
Very organic and visual stuff. I love the credit card through compartment. Definiteley picking this up!!

Kevin
Will be watching for release. Any idea where it will be released?
So can these only be done with that specific, ungimmicked wallet? Or any ungimmicked wallet?
BigJRitch: Deepak has done an amazing job filming and helping to edit the explanation. We have also got the DVD cover designed and other things sorted so I hope it will be released soon. Unfortunately I cant commit to even a month but we are hoping it will be out ASAP.

Magic.Maddy: The great thing about the DVD is that all the effect (aside from the bonus trick) can be done with an everyday normal jeans pocket wallet. None of these effects require you to cut, glue or adapt your wallet in any sort of way or buy a special wallet online.
[quote]On Apr 26, 2014, oliversmith wrote:
BigJRitch: Deepak has done an amazing job filming and helping to edit the explanation. We have also got the DVD cover designed and other things sorted so I hope it will be released soon. Unfortunately I cant commit to even a month but we are hoping it will be out ASAP.

Magic.Maddy: The great thing about the DVD is that all the effect (aside from the bonus trick) can be done with an everyday normal jeans pocket wallet. None of these effects require you to cut, glue or adapt your wallet in any sort of way or buy a special wallet online. [/quote]

Sounds awesome. I have a whole set of magic that stays in my wallet (I literally had enough to do a 30 min performance) these would make some great addition.
Amazing. What's best is that these can be done with any wallet. Looking forward to it!
This looks good, I'm looking forward to seeing it.
KJ
This will be released some time in May, but the specific date is still being determined. Where the Walletrix DVD is going to be released is still being determined as well.
@kevin - Its business card throu compartment :)

[quote]On Apr 25, 2014, Kevin Schaller wrote:
Very organic and visual stuff. I love the credit card through compartment. Definiteley picking this up!!

Kevin [/quote]
This is highly recommend...very organic and visual magic. And a plus: It takes only 1-2 minutes to set up!
I have no idea what "organic" is supposed to mean. Were the cows the leather came from fed additive free food?
Mastermindreader,

Funny! You made me laugh.

I suspect you were just kidding about your post, but if someone else was really wondering...

I think organic here means that it looks like a miracle is happening with just an ordinary wallet. Something "not organic" would be if you took out a large brass chop cup from your pocket and made something turn into something else.

KJ
[quote]On May 1, 2014, 1KJ wrote:
Mastermindreader,

Funny! You made me laugh.

I suspect you were just kidding about your post, but if someone else was really wondering...

I think organic here means that it looks like a miracle is happening with just an ordinary wallet. Something "not organic" would be if you took out a large brass chop cup from your pocket and made something turn into something else.

KJ [/quote]

Exactly...And Mastermindreader: That was great. Thanks for the laugh. :)
I'll get picking this up. I love effects that make use of things I always carry, like my regular wallet.
KJ
[quote]On Apr 30, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
I have no idea what "organic" is supposed to mean. Were the cows the leather came from fed additive free food? [/quote]

Hahaha mastermind reader that was funny !
We have used the term "organic" in terms of practicality and feasibility of the effects included in this project.Each of these effect are practical and feasible and is created for real world :)

Deepak
I see what you mean, but the word "organic" has become a popular buzzword in ads these days and its meaning, as can be seen by comparing your definition with 1KJ's, for example, seems to vary depending on who's using it.

Your Walletrix sounds great, though, and I wish you luck with it.

Good thoughts,

Bob
[quote]On May 4, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
I see what you mean, but the word "organic" has become a popular buzzword in ads these days and its meaning, as can be seen by comparing your definition with 1KJ's, for example, seems to vary depending on who's using it.

Your Walletrix sounds great, though, and I wish you luck with it.

Good thoughts,

Bob [/quote]

I completely agree with you. I have noticed that in the past few years it has been frequently used in magic product ads as well…Many have their own definition of the word "organic", and some can't even define the magic definition. :)

Zack
Yes, Bob, it seems that the word "organic" has been "uber" used.

I also agree that it would be good to have an agreed upon definition for the word. When you say "biddle grip", people know exactly what you are talking about. The same should apply to "organic".

When I see the word "organic", to me that means that whatever you are using is perceived as a common item: a piece of paper, a regular coin, a bill, a regular wallet, etc. When I think of things that are not "organic", I think of things like chop cups, square circles, and even silks (especially with men). How many men do you know who carry silks? And, not just in Hollywood. Now, a chop cup disguised as a regular disposable plastic solo cup, would be "organic". Some props I think fall somewhere in the middle, like playing cards. I wouldn't call an effect with playing cards "organic". While most people know what playing cards are, they are not commonly used or carried items like coins, bills, or pieces of paper.

KJ
Looking good. Wish you luck with it!
[quote]On May 6, 2014, 1KJ wrote:
Yes, Bob, it seems that the word "organic" has been "uber" used.

I also agree that it would be good to have an agreed upon definition for the word. When you say "biddle grip", people know exactly what you are talking about. The same should apply to "organic".

When I see the word "organic", to me that means that whatever you are using is perceived as a common item: a piece of paper, a regular coin, a bill, a regular wallet, etc. When I think of things that are not "organic", I think of things like chop cups, square circles, and even silks (especially with men). How many men do you know who carry silks? And, not just in Hollywood. Now, a chop cup disguised as a regular disposable plastic solo cup, would be "organic". Some props I think fall somewhere in the middle, like playing cards. I wouldn't call an effect with playing cards "organic". While most people know what playing cards are, they are not commonly used or carried items like coins, bills, or pieces of paper.
KJ [/quote]

The word has been given so many different meanings that it's become essentially meaningless. If someone means "magic with everyday objects," why not just say so?
Because we're a generation of lazy people.
The first time I heard or read the word "organic" was associated with the subject of food,i always feel the word seems to be used out of context.
For better or for worse, language evolves.

I love George Carlin's bit about how "shell shock" became "battle fatigue", ... and finally "post traumatic stress disorder".

Yes, I think "organic" basically means "magic with everyday objects". Why use four words when you can convey a message with one word?

Pretty soon, it'll just be "o"... lol.

KJ
[quote]On May 8, 2014, 1KJ wrote:

KJ [/quote]

Hahahaha 😂 oh gosh, let's hope we don't get that lazy! That would be sad lol
[quote]On May 8, 2014, 1KJ wrote:
For better or for worse, language evolves.

Yes, I think "organic" basically means "magic with everyday objects". Why use four words when you can convey a message with one word?

KJ [/quote]

The problem is that there are so many different meanings for "organic" that they rarely convey the same message as "everyday objects."

And "organic" is also used to mean that the use of a particular prop flows naturally from the premise of the effect, whether or not the prop is an everyday object.
Yes, Bob, people "now a days" are using the term to enhance the sale. Somehow, a term that no one seems to agree upon what it really means, in some way makes the effect more worthy of purchase.

When someone uses the term "organic", and in my mind that term lends no value to the description of the effect, it is a total turn off.

However,

In the case of this particular effect, I think "organic" (in my little mind), is appealing to me because it is magic with an ordinary wallet and ordinary money.

I am really looking forward to this for that reason.

KJ
I see I can't subscribe unless I post, so subscribed.
Any updates on the release?
So we spend all this money on trick wallets. We spend all this time reviewing trick wallets. We spend all this time asking questions like, "what's the best trick wallet and what tricks do you do with it?"

And now this guy comes out with tricks for a NON GIMMICKED wallet?

Isn't it like saying aspirin is no good for us anymore? Or coffee has no benefits after all the studies.

Oh the humanity! Where do we go from here?
[quote]On Apr 26, 2014, Magic.Maddy wrote:
So can these only be done with that specific, ungimmicked wallet? Or any ungimmicked wallet? [/quote]

As long as it's organic.
[quote]On May 11, 2014, John C wrote:
[quote]On Apr 26, 2014, Magic.Maddy wrote:
So can these only be done with that specific, ungimmicked wallet? Or any ungimmicked wallet? [/quote]

As long as it's organic. [/quote]

:)
[quote]On May 11, 2014, Zack_Johnston wrote:
Any updates on the release? [/quote]

Should be available within the next two weeks on Penguin, thanks.
[quote]On May 12, 2014, oliversmith wrote:

Should be available within the next two weeks on Penguin, thanks. [/quote]

Great choice!
So we spend all this money on trick wallets. We spend all this time reviewing trick wallets. We spend all this time asking questions like, "what's the best trick wallet and what tricks do you do with it?"

Isn't it like saying aspirin is no good for us anymore? Or coffee has no benefits after all the studies.

Oh the humanity! Where do we go from here? [/quote]

[laugh]

Seriously, I have several gimmicked wallets, but I would rather have some effects for a non-gimmicked wallet. For example, one of my favorite card to wallet effects is the Wallet Transformer by Cameron Francis.

I don't want to carry around a $100 gimmicked wallet that is going to get worn out in a year or two when I can carry a $10 wallet and do magic with it.

This could be another great wallet effect with a regular wallet.

KJ
[quote]On May 13, 2014, 1KJ wrote:

Oh the humanity! Where do we go from here? [/quote]

[laugh]

Seriously, I have several gimmicked wallets, but I would rather have some effects for a non-gimmicked wallet. For example, one of my favorite card to wallet effects is the Wallet Transformer by Cameron Francis.

I don't want to carry around a $100 gimmicked wallet that is going to get worn out in a year or two when I can carry a $10 wallet and do magic with it.

This could be another great wallet effect with a regular wallet.

KJ [/quote]

Exactly the same with me and Deepak. Deepak and I wanted to create tricks with a normal wallet as we both were not keen on carrying around a gimmicked wallet. We understand a lot of magicians like gimmicked wallets but they don't fit our style. As mentioned before, all the tricks can also be performed with a gimmicked wallet if you use one everyday.
I do look forward to your tricks.
As my bud oliver said, we wanted to have pure magical effects with a normal ungimmicked pocket wallet so that the buyer don't have to buy a costly wallet that some how cost 100$ approx and let you do just one/two effect and you never end clean ?
So its a really good option for both a gimmick wallet lover and those who wants to keep it simple with their own normal daily use wallets,as these effects can be done with both :)
[quote]On May 12, 2014, oliversmith wrote:

Should be available within the next two weeks on Penguin, thanks. [/quote]

Update?
Apologies for the delay. Should be available within the next week.
Ever since I saw the trailer, my mind has been spinning with ideas for applications…I'm really looking forward to this release!

Zack Johnston
Hi Zach,

Finaly wait is going to be over , just 1-2 days more :)
Hi,

so wait is finally over !!

WALLETRIX is finally available at penguinmagic.com.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4359

Cheers !
Hi everyone,

Me and Deepak are really excited to share this project with everyone. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

If you have watched the explanation and don't fully understand something then please don't hesitate to contact either me or Deepak.

A great feature of penguin is that we can add more videos to the explanation. I will be adding a new video explaining some new ideas to do with Portal later this month.
Congratulations!

Zack
I was really impressed with the variety of effects on this download. Everything is easy to do and you get a ton of routines. Many of the methods are fun to play with and the animations/changes are very magical.
Actually - all the so called effects look the same, something popping up. Where or what is the magic trick in that. Don't they make popup greeting cards that do the same thing. I did not see one routine of any kind. Not a card to wallet, or anything to wallet, just a lot of meaningless things popping about, up, over, flipping, etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Organic - Doesn't Organic mean that it comes from the Earth. Well everything good and bad comes from the earth initially, man can change the properties to enrich or destroy.

I would think for something to not be organic, it would have come from outside of the earth's perimeter or boundaries.
Hey Hi Bill !

Hope life is good :)

Hahaha, Now a days the term Organic is extensively being used in magic industry and definitely its not because they have created those effects from organic stuff or from the food, instead magicians does have their own meaning of organic which for us is "the feasibility, practicality and how the effect flow as routine".

And we are 100% sure about this project being organic as it’s feasible, Practical and the effect flows really well as a routine.(We are sorry if trailer is not helping you understand the routines and this is why me and oliver have planned to post some of the performance videos separately on magic Café as well as on the penguin page too :)) ,Also I really love to have your attention on some of the unbiased testimonials we have received on our project from Justin Miller, Lloyd Barnes, Kevin Schaller (You can see the description in Product page on penguinmagic.com) and also the post just above your post from Shaun Dunn (Ted French), that’s really is the source of our motivation and confidence in what we have created.

Also you seem to be a very big fan of Card to wallet effect? I don’t think it will be possible for a creator to create magic with wallet without even thinking of Card to wallet effect? Then how could we ignore this classic awesome plot? So I am really glad and proud to inform you that I had a “SIGNED CARD TO WALLET EFFECT “ which is impromptu(No gimmick/ No palming/No special wallet) and it’s so good that I have decided to release it stand alone in next 2 months :) also I am not allowed to speak much about It.

Also we believe there has to be some new plots/effects needs to be created with a normal wallet as lot of CTW are already exists.

In between lot of people love those “Popping greeting card”, I mean - I love them :)

Cheers !
Deepak M :)
[quote]On Jun 2, 2014, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Actually - all the so called effects look the same, something popping up. Where or what is the magic trick in that. Don't they make popup greeting cards that do the same thing. I did not see one routine of any kind. Not a card to wallet, or anything to wallet, just a lot of meaningless things popping about, up, over, flipping, etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Organic - Doesn't Organic mean that it comes from the Earth. Well everything good and bad comes from the earth initially, man can change the properties to enrich or destroy.

I would think for something to not be organic, it would have come from outside of the earth's perimeter or boundaries. [/quote]

"Organic" doesn't just mean it comes from the earth. When you are talking about "organic" produce, that is produce that is grown differently, without the use of chemical pesticides, for example. Organic produce does not refer to produce that came from the earth's perimeter as opposed to produce from outer space. :)

As for "Organic magic", I suppose different magicians would have different definitions. I have seen it most frequently applied to magic that entails what seem like ordinary items. For example, magic with a dollar bill would be more "organic" than magic with a square/circle.

We could probably waste a lot of our precious life debating the word organic, but I would rather focus on the merits of this effect. I now have this, and I'll give my review below.

KJ
I have this, and it is fantastic!

They teach several different effects using a regular wallet. Some of the effects are for certain types of wallets and others are for another type. Both types of wallets are very common and ordinary. My regular wallet looks different from the wallet in the demo, but it is a pretty standard wallet with a bunch of slots for credit cards and it works great!

What I like about these effects is I can have this ready to go in my regular wallet at any time. I don't really care how one person or another defines "organic". Call it what you want, I like that I didn't have to buy a special wallet and it is strong magic with regular items.

I can think of several ways to use this in casual magic as well as professional magic.

Here is the really cool part: I have adapted the methodology to have my business card fly out of my wallet. With a little practice, I'll be able to have my business card fly out of my wallet and land in their cupped hands.

I highly recommend it!

KJ
Ok, I have now watched it without any expectations.

It is pretty *** good :)

I lied to you, I was expecting some complicated setup, gimmicks or special wallets. But nothing of that is used ! Most wallet will work, he teach you which one are better and why. It is a pro for me that nearly everything is low tech and works great ! I may not use any routine of this DVD but It gave me a lot of ideas. And I love DVD which are helping you in a creation process. Really great and simple thinking has been put on this release.

Video quality, sounds, explanations, everything was perfect. Maybe he could have shot everything in the same place but it's ok. You have live performances which is a huge plus, so you can see that tricks do work in real life.

For the price, you can't really go wrong with this DVD. Oh and I forgot, most of the stuff you need, you already have it, trust me :)

Thanks again Oliver and Deepack !
I have Walletrix, and it's a wonderful compilation of fooling, practical magic...original in method, too. I can't wait to whip out my wallet and fool people with this!

An important note: The gimmick does not alter your wallet in any way, and it does not harm your currency either.

For the download itself: Great sound and video quality, and the explanations are clear and thorough.

Anyway, for each of the effects:

Medusa change: I like this one. I think the practicality of the whole effect and the ability to end clean is a huge plus. I was imagining the gimmick as a complex bill folding process with more supplies, but I was pleasantly surprised at the simplicity of the gimmick. Walletrix for the most part revolves around this single concept that I think many will enjoy. The gimmick is very easy to put together, and doesn't cost anything. I'm pretty sure you will have the supplies laying around your house.

Portal: The change looks amazing, and no sleight of hand required.

Jump: This one is a great way to give your business card out…I have to admit that I was fooled by this one. The gimmick was so simple, I would have never guessed Jump would have been accomplished in this way.

Wrong Cash: This is my absolute favorite of the project. I was looking forward to this one before I watched Walletrix. Great effect to perform to cashiers before you pay for your items.

I-Rise: I have to be completely honest with this one. I think it looks just okay...When I watched the performance for the first time, I said to myself, "Isn't he just shaking it in a certain way to make the bills rise up?" I was wrong, but to me there is too much shaking motion. It doesn't have the WOW factor to it. I like the second handling a little more because it looks more magical. If you alter the handling, and play around with it a bit, I think that it might look better.

Copy cat: This redeems I-rise. It is my second favorite on the download, and I will use this in casual "impromptu-seeming" performances. The only negative side to this is that it's a little angle-sensative. Deepak has a solution and goes over it in the explanation.

This is an honest review, and I think that you will enjoy Walletrix.
Thank you guys :) we are glad you like it :)
Get Walletrix for 4.95 dollars while you can! It's on Penguin's coolbox deal: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4359
Walletrix is available for only $4.95 for a very very limited time!

http://m.penguinmagic.com/coolbox/api_v1/page/1
Over half of Walletrix is already claimed.
Only been up for 1 hour. Get them quickly!
Hello Guys !

Those who have purchased WALLETRIX , Firstly I would like to thank you all.

Based on one of the review on penguinmagic.com we have given some thoughts on it and we felt like we really should clear the air about some of the bad things said about some of the effects which wasnt true at all, so without wasting any time we took this seriously and we have added a new video in the explanation section explaining following things---

1) One of the guy just pointed out that the gimmick/setup is unstable and you cant carry in your wallet ? which is totally not true....but like we want every single customer to be really happy about their money ...so we have added more ideas that will definately going to help as there is no reason why your gimmick/setup is not stable.

2) where to perform wrong cash ?(Gimmick is not unstable, it should work every single time) and the whole concept for creating wrong cash was to perform something visually when no one is expecting magic from you , like you are out for shopping and you buy something of 100$ ? you take out your wallet and with a shake 50$ appears but its the wrong cash so you change it magically...this is done on offbeat moment, and it kind of creates sudden surprise and a good opportunity to introduce your self as magic boy in front of the audience.

3) jump clean ending ?

And guys, Medusa change and Wrong cash both are made for two different ocasions and its not one effect where you just simply watch the explanation and you can do it right away, you need to give some time in practicing and understanding the knack of the move.

Also feel free to get in touch with me or oliver if you are having any problem with any of the effects in the project , we would love to be of any help.

CHEERS !
There are always going to be people who aren't willing to put in more than two minutes to make an effect work. It's like wanting to play guitar without any practice.
If you liked the demo, just putting a few minutes into it, you can do it just like in the demo, and it works great!

KJ
[quote]On Jun 6, 2014, Alex DLF - It gave me a lot of ideas. And I love DVD which are helping you in a creation process. Really great and simple thinking has been put on this release.
[/quote]

Thanks man for appreciating the hard work and creativity specially :)
:stircoffee:
Hi everyone,

We have just added another video to the explanation. The video explains another handling of portal, a closer look at the gimmick and an OTS walk-through of the construction process.

Deepak and I are constantly trying to improve our products so please let us know if there is anything you don't understand.

Thanks,

Oliver
Walletrix is now available to download from the wire:

http://www.theory11.com/wire/oliver-smith/walletrix/