(Close Window)
Topic: Still Ringing
I picked up Aldo Colombini’s “Still Ringin” ring and rope routine that has eight different effects that blend nicely into one another.
The moves are very simple and very visual. It is a conglomerate of moves over the years, but I wanted to post this here because anyone just starting out with a ring and rope will be hard pressed to find such great moves with so little sleights.
I can add to positive comments of this routine. I like rope tricks but have many that are one effect and then the trick is over. "Still Ringing" is a seemless routine of one effect after another. One of the strongest parts of the routine is how each effect naturally and logically moves into the next. I saw Aldo perform this routine at a lecture and I was floored.
Hi Thumbslinger,

I too would have to agree with your observations of Aldo's routines and like you Anthatron, I've had the pleasure of seeing him perform a few times. I am a huge fan of his! He is one of those genuinely nice people in magic and incredibly talented.
Does it use a large 3" ring? Is it for stage or close-up?
Actually it has a 5" ring and the rope is 54"long. It will work successfully for both stage or closeup.