(Close Window)
Topic: ASH
Hi Guys,

I'm going to do a head start for us on Ash. The book is being printed and will be on the way to the binder on Wednesday. I will have books here one week from today and they will start shipping.

I'm going to put up a private ASH forum today or tomorrow. I will start prepping you boys (and girls) through the forum.

There will be an "observations" page at the end of each month of the book. We will discuss the observation page. There will be a special photograph that will need to be discussed.

I expect there are many buyers that will think out of the box and be able to help other buyers with additional ideas, observations and what not.

You guys usually are able to take my books and make them "more than the sum of their parts" :)

Those buyers will be a great benefit to the forums.

Alice is a schizophrenic/MPD

There is something about Alice that your readers will not "get" unless you tell them or they figure it out. It has to do with the book and the photo. It does not have to be part of your presentation.

Alice is a "good" girl and her "friend" ASH is a bad girl. In her doodles there is a clear difference between drawings of Alice and drawings of ASH

There is a photo from a kids gathering in 1960. You can show the photo after the presentation. You tell them that Alice is in this photo. They may not see Alice. On the back of the photo someone wrote Ashley Alice Madison 1960

In the photo the girl in the group looks a lot like ASH...Everything about the diary can be turned upside down if you know what I mean.

Ashley is the real girl. She broke off "Alice" who writes the diary.

In the end, well lets just say Ashley gets her "body time" back.

The book looks creepy as hell and could probably be a fascinating case study even it it were not "G@ffed"

I chose a nice heavy white stock for the book and the color works very nice on the stock.

Almost half the run of 150 units are already sold. Next Monday it goes to full retail $175

A lot of you got Ash at $110 :) good for you.

I would like all buyers to email me (not PM) so I can give you the password to the forum. Please just put ASH as the email topic.

I would like to thank you guys again for hanging in there. I'm excited to get this "unique" book out there.

BTW, there is nothing that can be googled. I've been checking google using just names and no way it shows up anywhere. I will also ask the mods to remove both Ash threads next week.

Ready for a little insanity? It's heading your way :bat:
Sounds great Rick, can't wait to have this in my hands.
Cool! Cool! Cool!
OK. Goosebumps from me on this end.
I, await with bated breath !
It will be epic!
Wonderful !
Thanks Rick, appreciate all the hard work.
Yes, thank you, Rick! This one sounds very, very good! :)
I've seen some pages from the early prototype of this book. It is scary, it looks a lot like my exercise books from primary school. This looks and feels like it was written by a disturbed child, afterall it takes one to know one ;)
Thanks Rick. Sounds scarily good!
Already checked out the forum and the various topics to be covered there, very interesting mix, so should expect some great creative ideas....I'm posting a guard dog at my mailbox to alert me upon arrival of ASH! :sun:
[quote]On May 20, 2014, Brynmore14 wrote:
I've seen some pages from the early prototype of this book. It is scary, it looks a lot like my exercise books from primary school. This looks and feels like it was written by a disturbed child, after all it takes one to know one ;) [/quote]

REALLY looking forward to this now !!
I wonder if some small way Rick's own ID is in it, with all these off the wall effects he creates there must be some connections in there.....:-) LoL
Thanks again Rick
Just got a awesome treat from Rick,......a sneek peek pic of a page from ASH......OMFG !!?!!
This is gonna be one SHWeeeeeet twisted b00k test !!!!!!! I am SOooooo glad I pre ordered, definitely to be worth the wait !

& although a tad past what Rick intended to have been done by now, ASH will be one twisted bomb of a b.t. !!!!
Sent Rick and email request for my password and received the same sneak peek. Agreed...creep fest all around.

Not sure how Rick managed to either fake, or convince a youngster to actually do this handy work, but to me at least, the writing and drawings look completely legit. And to tease me even more, the photos were in black and white, with Rick describing how good they look in color. He's savoring this tease...
Oh yes he is....lol & considering the detail Rick's putting into it, he has earned the right to tease us :-)

Not too much longer though....lol
Rick, you wrote it was going $175 next monday.. I was about to buy it but now on the Outlaw webpage it's already $175....
Heka, I clicked on the Buy Now button last night and I was pleasantly surprised. The same might happen to you.
Well... that's a surprise, don't know how pleasant though: on the paying page it goes up to $185. Plus taxes.

What's going on?
I believe it is $175 plus the $10 worldwide shipping - the taxes may be a Paypal thing depending on your location.
Books will start rolling in Monday.

I started at $110 and sold a lot of pre-orders going with $175 as the full retail

It then went to $125 for a while. Then went to $150.

I spent an estimated 130 hours hand writing (as a child), drawing the pictures and then going back and "dirtying up" the pages. The most time consuming, stressful and difficult project I've ever done.

I thought about raising the limited edition to 175 but knew you guys would freak out :)

Instead, when the book hits 100 sold (50 units sold now) I will raise the price to $200 a unit for the last 50 of 150 books.

I've shown it to several lay people and they all asked if the girl ever got treatment and how is she now. I of course revealed that I was the one who wrote it.

The kind of validation I was looking for.

My printer said he'd never seen anything so F-ed up looking in his life (yay!).

It's at $175 plus shipping and when it hits 100 sold I will post a 2 day heads up that it is going to $200 a unit.

I want to add that I expect some brilliant contributions from the buyers on the Ash forum. I think this can be done with out even using the method. You'll see.

I believe that the book as just a book is worth it even if it were not gaffed. I picked up some Ash test books a few days ago and there was a customer next to me at the counter who saw me looking through it. A man about 45-50 years old.

He asked what it was and I said a case study of this 9 year old child with severe psychiatric issues. He looked through it and said "OMG, did this child ever get treatment?"

I came clean with the guy and said I wrote it. He still thought it was real even after I said I wrote it.

Yes, I'm hyped up because I'm sooo happy its at the binders and books are coming in and I'm done with it. I can give Ash a nice burial :)

BTW, it is linear and can be read all the way through. It has a somewhat sad ending in a way.

Alice's' father dies 2 months into her diary and she pretty much snaps. In the end she could not take the grief and sadness and that is what caused her to "go away" and let someone stronger have some "body time"...Ashley

I'm so happy and burned out at the same time I just want to sleep :)
This is a print test spiral booklet that I used to make sure everything was correct.

At this point in the diary Alice knows she does not have long before Ash "takes over" and she is fighting it. Try to imagine 150 pages of this hehehe. Actually it starts out somewhat normal and it just turns into madness.

[img]http://s1.postimg.cc/4zy86aq1b/photo_7.jpg[/img]
[quote]On May 22, 2014, Roth wrote:
I've shown it to several lay people and they all asked if the girl ever got treatment and how is she now. I of course revealed that I was the one who wrote it.
[/quote]
Rick, did you ever get treatment?
The more I think about it, the more I like the fact that this is a facsimile of the book, and not the actual diary. It can lead to a whole other story line regarding what happened to the real diary...did it mysteriously vanish from her room...did she want to be buried with it when she died...did...did...
Amazing, truly a work of art - this is a treasure at any price Rick!
[quote]On May 22, 2014, Lo Pan wrote:
Amazing, truly a work of art - this is a treasure at any price Rick! [/quote]

Agree !

Privileged to chat with Roth a few times during the process of his writing Ash, I came to the conclusion that Rick allowed himself to be possessed by the child, the unfortunate subject of this case study.

Do I mean "possessed" in a literal sense? Yes, I do.

My advice to you, possess Ash now, before it is too late !

This is amazing...
Wow, incredible. Just brilliant. Can't wait to work with her. ... it.
[quote]On May 22, 2014, Wizard of Oz wrote:
The more I think about it, the more I like the fact that this is a facsimile of the book, and not the actual diary. It can lead to a whole other story line regarding what happened to the real diary...did it mysteriously vanish from her room...did she want to be buried with it when she died...did...did... [/quote]

Nice
Through the holiday weekend here I'll keep the book at $150. Monday night it will go back to full retail. Thanks!
Bonus Rick thanks...
I have the Hobbs Judgment Box right here. It went out quickly to me back in Nov. 2013. The planning that goes into this and also Ash I am sure is intense, and the execution of the artifacts is most impressive. This stands up to inspection by any observer or audience. Also, I know first hand that that aging process of the cards and books is done by hand and has taken an advanced step in technique and deliverability. Things seem to be looking up above and beyond in the days and weeks ahead with Rick. I know, I have been on board and behind the scenes with him from the very beginning.
John
I cant wait to get ASH and give it a review.
Btw, check the outlaw ASH forum regularly for updates. Rick will be filling up the sub-forums these few days. There's an interesting post in the Alice sub-forum right now.
Just fell in the Outlaw well. Just ordered a package with Ash.
I'll join you in the forum soon
Godzilla posted in the ASH OE forum (Alice) a thought about a crayon......got me thinking......I posted a possible routine to add to ASH, a game with the "girls". Needs working out from a thought to a way of making it really work, but if I or anyone can, think it would really add to ASH. Pop in & see what you think & any ideas to being able to make this work or close to it. Think it would scare the cr@p out of spec(s)..... :-)
Past time for a "Monday update" on ASH, so Rick could we please know how soon to prepare to pounce on the postperson..?
Thanks
:worry:
[quote]On May 28, 2014, Doc Ben wrote:
Past time for a "Monday update" on ASH, so Rick could we please know how soon to prepare to pounce on the postperson..?
Thanks
:worry: [/quote]

True, but IMO, an unnecessary post!
Books are starting to ship. You will see people posting that they received it.

I'm getting them in small batches from the binder and all orders will have shipped in the next 7 days.

Books shipped yesterday and they are shipping today :)

Hang on, Bad little Ash is on the road :)

Actual book: nicer cover

[img]http://s3.postimg.cc/bmwszu32r/photo_2.jpg[/img]
Awesome news Rick !! Funny your wearing a Batman shirt when taking the pic of the book, he had a few dark ID's of his own, not that we want you to dive into another book like ASH about Bruce Wayne/Batman......LoL
[quote]On May 28, 2014, Roth wrote:
Books are starting to ship. You will see people posting that they received it.

I'm getting them in small batches from the binder and all orders will have shipped in the next 7 days.

Books shipped yesterday and they are shipping today :)

Hang on, Bad little Ash is on the road :)

Actual book: nicer cover

[img]http://s3.postimg.cc/bmwszu32r/photo_2.jpg[/img] [/quote]

That is so cool you wearing the Batman shirt...Post man just delivered a "Adam West 1966 Batmobile 1/16 scale" .

Cover, looks Great !
I totally love the cover of this book... can't wait to finally receive it.
Ash held by the strongest link..
Rick, you deserve a nice vacation after this.
Looks awesome, Rick!
Oh man oh man. It's mailbox campout time. I know the neighborhood kids look at our house funny when they see my tent next to the mailbox, a single candle lit with the subtle light of a laptop...glowing green...as I'm glued to The Café, watching the hourly commentary on Ash. Oh sure, the mailman will unzip the front every morning and peek in, "Good morning sir," he'll say in that jaunty way that he has. "You know, you don't have to wait out here like this. I'll deliver your package safely and it will be right here waiting for you. You really don't need to stay here all day long, in the wind, and rain."

Oh, but I do my postal friend. I do.
Ash is being a meanie..
[img]http://s23.postimg.cc/d04i3jl7f/photo_4.jpg[/img]
Shivers...
Freakin awesome Rick ! You definitely earned some time off before your next evil plan :-)
Total awesomeness, Rick.....as always...Thanks mucho!
:bigdance:
Sweet... I mean.. that's terrible poor girl...
Nice. Now let the mail-anxiety begin.
I always enjoy thinking about the book binders and printers getting these jobs. The conversation around the dinner table that night, etc. I wonder if they ever call the police. "No officer he hasn't actually done anything but he has lots of tattoos and you should see the sicko stuff he brings in here! Just sayin you may wanna keep an eye on him"
Too funny Zoop...
[quote]On May 29, 2014, Darkness wrote:
Too funny Zoop... [/quote]

No, too true!
So copy #1 of ASH arrived yesterday, and really all I can say is that there needs to be a warning label on the front if this book. Took the time to read through the case study front to back with one or two of my friends. One if them continually asked to pause on the readings as he (prior Army Ranger with combat experience) was getting a little too freaked out. I'll be honest, I haven't even looked at the method yet, the book is too amazing just on its own. By reading though it, you will take a genuine ride through a young girls psychosis and eventual defeat . It's dark, intriguing, spooky, disturbing, and in a few places just plain wrong! It truly can be read front to back by the way, but it's almost like reading a LSD users diary, but knowing it was written by a very young girl makes it all the disturbing!
Café denizens, I know that we have all waited very patiently for this to be distributed, but the wait is not in vain! Books are shipping and I predict that ASH will become a cornerstone of many acts in the following year. This is truly a masterpiece!
I received my copy of Ash yesterday, but only finally had time to look at it today. This may be Outlaw Effects' magnum opus, as it truly is a piece of dark art. The quality of the book is what you would expect from OE, but that is not what blew me away. It’s the story.

Rick Roth (with help from counsels Gary Kriss and Bobby Hasbun) has written and drawn the book in a masterful way, with layers of reveals that are as disturbing as the tale itself. The diary begins with periodic and spuradic entries that are mundane and what you would expect from a 9 year old girl, “mommy and me made cookies.” But as the journal continues and Alice's condition worsens as she slowly descends into darkness, the entries are more frequent and desperate. The writing and pictures are sloppier and drawn with a heavier hand.

The book opens with a foreword by a Dr. Robert J. Strauss, which is in fact a letter to his colleagues inviting commentary on this discovered document. The back story is a perfect one, as it allows there to be Case Study Observation pages at the end of each month in the journal. These pages are blank on both sides permitting you to enhance the effect with additional notes and reveals.

Since every page is individually hand-drawn and unique, there is no evidence of anything amiss. The journal can be read from cover to cover with no danger of discovering any gaffs or tells. The system employed will be familiar to many, and easy to use, which is exactly what you want for an evocative performance piece like this. The reveals are designed to become increasingly more disturbing as they are described, and this is enhanced by the unique nature of the content. Unlike standard book tests which are typeset, designed, and printed consistently from front to back with no change in texture or tone, Ash visually evolves as it progresses. This enables you as a performer to not only make contextual revelations, but conditional ones as well. You can describe how Alice is recording her thoughts more often, writing heavier and more quickly…repeating words…she is desperate to get her thoughts out. Her pictures are becoming morbid, even violent. She is changing and the book reflects that. Other book tests can't offer these layers of emotional texture. Ash can. And does.

The English say, “Good things come to those who wait.” Well we’ve waited, and Ash is a very, very good thing.
Gosh....excruciating tremors to remian patient,...especially with the Armymagic and Wiz of Oz reviews above, but....Phoenix...! If Armymagic got his....I'm stalking my postal delivery service for mine...."wherefore art thou, ASH...? :worry: :jump:
I can/can't wait!!
[quote]On May 30, 2014, Wizard of Oz wrote:
I received my copy of Ash yesterday, but only finally had time to look at it today. This may be Outlaw Effects' magnum opus, as it truly is a piece of dark art. The quality of the book is what you would expect from OE, but that is not what blew me away. It’s the story.

Rick Roth (with help from counsels Gary Kriss and Bobby Hasbun) has written and drawn the book in a masterful way, with layers of reveals that are as disturbing as the tale itself. The diary begins with periodic and spuradic entries that are mundane and what you would expect from a 9 year old girl, “mommy and me made cookies.” But as the journal continues and Alice's condition worsens as she slowly descends into darkness, the entries are more frequent and desperate. The writing and pictures are sloppier and drawn with a heavier hand.

The book opens with a foreword by a Dr. Robert J. Strauss, which is in fact a letter to his colleagues inviting commentary on this discovered document. The back story is a perfect one, as it allows there to be Case Study Observation pages at the end of each month in the journal. These pages are blank on both sides permitting you to enhance the effect with additional notes and reveals.

Since every page is individually hand-drawn and unique, there is no evidence of anything amiss. The journal can be read from cover to cover with no danger of discovering any gaffs or tells. The system employed will be familiar to many, and easy to use, which is exactly what you want for an evocative performance piece like this. The reveals are designed to become increasingly more disturbing as they are described, and this is enhanced by the unique nature of the content. Unlike standard book tests which are typeset, designed, and printed consistently from front to back with no change in texture or tone, Ash visually evolves as it progresses. This enables you as a performer to not only make contextual revelations, but conditional ones as well. You can describe how Alice is recording her thoughts more often, writing heavier and more quickly…repeating words…she is desperate to get her thoughts out. Her pictures are becoming morbid, even violent. She is changing and the book reflects that. Other book tests can't offer these layers of emotional texture. Ash can. And does.

The English say, “Good things come to those who wait.” Well we’ve waited, and Ash is a very, very good thing. [/quote]

Thank you :)

Books are rolling out! Expect several more to hit mailboxes this coming week :)
Although I worked with Roth on this project (just the technical aspects), seeing the whole book in person for the first time today was really amazing. Honestly, It's hard to believe it wasn't really written by a child. Some of the drawings sent chills down my spine. I won't go into too much detail; the reviews above mine here are detailed enough. You can read it straight through, and like they said above, you can see in the look of the pages how she is changing.

All I can say is you have probably never seen anything like this. I also just want to say thanks to Roth for bringing me in on this project.
Wow, wow, wow!

Mine arrived today so I of course blew off all work and appointments to take a quick look. That quick look turned into a cover to cover read followed by another cover to cover read. I knew this one would be something special but the reality of it totally exceeds my crazy high expectations. It's magnificent, beautiful and very creepy. It totally works as a book on it's own. Very haunting and very cool. The art is amazing! Won't spoil anything but there is one drawing on one entry that's worth the price of the book alone. It's great. Get it if you can.

Now going to read it again :)
Just hit the magical pay now button :)
There are so many nuances in this book that can be taken advantage of by the performer...probably more than Rick even knew when he was building the project.

For instance, look at the last photo he posted...right page, bottom right..."Dead." I saw this when he first posted it and it creeped me out. But after reading the story (your spectators can get the gist of Alice's demise with a quick thumb-through of the book), it creeped me out far more. Dead...but the emphasis is on DED. The "a" is tiny.

So Alice's DAD is really DED. And she is upset. Very, very upset.
Still waitin' for Mr. Postman. West Coast.
Woo-hoo, got mine today!
As suggested by Rick I went right into reading the book straight through cover to cover, without even flipping through or peeking ahead. The laborious artwork, quality of glossy paper and incredible design and variety in images makes this a great collectible piece, so I am happy I jumped in as #10...!

BTW the cover and titles, with the introduction by the psychiatrist heading up the research project are ingenious as far as lending credibility to the presentation. I was sent a brief, but concise, pdf which was noted to be solely for method/Iinstruction and more is to follow. I do look forward to receiving more, hopefully in a pdf and more in the special forum by way of actual structure and presentation of the piece. I know that a strength of this creation is the flexibility and variation of themes, routine, "jazziness" for creative performance, but I still personally prefer to have a basic framework around which then to get creative and adaptive to my personal style.
I also look forward to receiving the 1960's photograph and the special handwritten diary page which are noted to be coming by separate post.
The forum will no doubt be a tremendous value, especially as inspired owners contribute their tips, observations and "out of the box" ideas. I have one already I may post after a little more study with the final pieces are all received.
:dancing:
I hope the Outlaw 'Ash' forum is used to the fullest, by the owners !
#6 arrived today. West Coast is happy. Now - to choose options for performance........

Thanks to Rick for excellent communication on delivery status.
Likewise #7 has been received. Looking forward to receiving the artwork and the PDF manual next.
By the way, I realized after my last post that I did not note my reaction after reading through the book. Partly be ause two of the above posts had very detailed and wonderful descriptions which I would ditto and would have been repetitive.
But, trust me the emotional involvement and "creep" factor is not only there, but as someone above said, it builds and builds page after page, with a luscious surprising twist of an ending!
IMO get on board with the ASH "para-research" project asap! :righton:
Mine just arrived ! As said in previous recent reviews, you can only appreciate this in hand.......Rick has really put a lot in this one.
After I get the pdf from Rick will have some fun, in the mean time will read thru it as is & post little later fuller thoughts on it.

The only thing I can add is Rick is one awesome sic puppy !! LoL Thank you Rick, this is going to be fun to play with !!
Well # 27 arrived today! I was leaving for the doctor and the mailman did a handoff . I ripped it opened and went through it briefly . All I can say is everything is true ! This book is just unreal . Going to spend the night reading it cover to cover . Tomorrow is PDF day. Well worth the wait. Thank you Rick
Be sure to post ideas in the Outlaw Forum, for those of us still waiting for the book !
Number 31 has arrived safe and sound. I must mention how sad the story reads. Not just for shivers, lots of room for an empathetic presentation, including a resolution for the audience.
If you look beyond the disturbing elements, I think it is easy to see that Rick is a father.
I have a most unique copy of this. I send all my books to Gemini to be aged if possible. I am a real pain in the butt about what I want and Vic has done about 20 items for me - books, cards etc. He knows how I like the stuff to be. With ASH, I really had no idea in mind - so I asked him to just do to it whatever comes to mind once you see it. I was pretty nervous when I recieved a message saying "Cool. I burned it." I thought it was a joke. It was not. I can't think of anything further from what I was thinking. I simply replied "Thanks man, can't wait." When I recieved what I thought for sure would be the last time I ever sent something off without more a specific direction - I was in shock. It looked incredible. It did not end there. Inside the envelope was what I thought would be a "thanks for your business" note. It was not. It was a few pages titled "Ash's Inferno" It was a complete routine for the book. ....and it is really freakin good. I asked Vic if he intended to release this to others. He said "Nah, I may just send it to Rick and he can do whatever with it" Anyone who has not purchased ASH may want to do it soon. I think this may cause a sell out. Its really good. It is by no means the only way this can be presented...but it is very good. I don't have any pics of it here at work but I know he has a couple from before it was sent. I will see if he minds posting one. I don't mind as long as it is only refered to as ASH.
Coool! Would love to see some pics of this. Thanks for sharing that
I appreciate that Zoop. I have just send the ASH routine to Outlaw as well, so you can bug Rick about it. If you cant wait, I have placed it on my site as well under the free previews section. The password to open the manual is the same one as the forum password. Pics are included in the manual document. Enjoy.
I just received this very email with the pdf from Rick & read it, AWESOME tie in Vic - LOVE it !!!!
Thank you Vic for this routine & it's creepy tie in & thank you Rick for emailing it, SO happy I jumped in on this early :-)
With Vic's angle my SM or Departed could really add to it ! ( as would OE's new Spiritas )

Been reading thru ASH, wow just gets creepier as you get deeper into it ! Haven't personalized it yet, just enjoying it as a read right now.
Wow, can't wait for mine to get here!
Vic, your presentation is twisted, dark, and just the way we like it.

Thank you for the inclusion of the letter in your PDF. I am being purposely vague here as to not give away too much, but I love the way you wrote some very important keys into the text that only the performers will know - and use to their advantage - hidden in plain sight. Very helpful. Plus, as you mentioned, the letter IS the perfect give-away for our spectators...if they're brave enough to take it.

Another winner from Castle Nadata.
Also received the pdf, letter mini-manual" of Vic's, courtesy of Rick' s generosity in sendingit to me. "Freakin awesome" treatment of the theme and the physical treatment of the book....typical of Vic's creative genius! This really gave me a new and solid starting point for a presentation I will consider, if I decide to go towards the darker and "haunted" side (without giving any more away).
I do also see this being tremendously balanced or enhanced by Sp! £@tus...shucks, really going to throw me in a quandry now about my budget for more "toys" this year considering the latter prop piece! Hmmm,....."Yes dear, you go off to Sweden this summer, but I'm gonna have to stay behind, as I'm sorry but this project just came up that I've just gotta work on and besides, think of the money we'll save!" :coolest: :sun:
Thanks Vic, your presentation is great. Lovely backstory with enough truth in it to create a nice mystery in the minds of the participants.
Looking forward to receiving this...

What does Vic charge for doing the "treatment" on stuff?

Seth
Depends on the item. Just PM him. I believe ASH was $40 (Came with lightly aged letter on fancy paper and routine) Everything I send is not that price and does not come with routines and stuff. I have never been dissapointed.

[IMG]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j304/zoopdog/ASH2_zps55e3c5a1.jpg[/IMG]
Scary... Love it!!
You will understand why it is burned up when you read the performance idea.
Holy jeezamolies... that looks awesome, man. Vic definitely knows his sh*t!
There's an idea in Vic's use of Ash that is pure gold. Whether or not you decide to use his "burned" presentation.
Thanks Vic! Wonderful ideas! Thank you so much for sharing!
I just contacted Vic and am sending him my ASH for "the treatment."

I figure no matter which way I go with the story, having the book a little charred with one of the main characters named ASH makes sense, even if the mention of a fire is never made.
I'm kinda having the same thoughts... I'm guessing a bunch of people will be contacting Vic, after seeing ZoOp's pic!! :)
My compliments to Roth, Gary, Bobby on the release of this Wonderful performance piece.

It is like nothing our audience have seen...nor, will be likely to forget !

Gary
There is one more key player in, Ash !
Without Her help, guidance, understanding, support, Roth may still be drawing up pages... Thank You, Gracie ! :-)
I think mine's on the way. . .
Waiting for mine also.
Rick, I don't have the password for ASH section in the OE Forum.
Thanks,
Olivier
[quote]On Jun 9, 2014, Godzilla wrote:
There is one more key player in, Ash !
Without Her help, guidance, understanding, support, Roth may still be drawing up pages... Thank You, Gracie ! :-) [/quote]

Good catch G.!
Thank you Gracie for your huge contribution!
Can't help ya... yet...
Goodnight Gracie...
From far beyond the Black Stump came a dusty wind and a clap of thunder;
With a burned smell, Ash #5 appeared, Down Under.
Over sea by air then on the 'Ghan by rail;
It is here unharmed, atfer many travails.
Received mine a few days ago. It's taken a while to sink in. Truly amazing! A tour de force.

Well now. Here we have another disturbing and ingenious production from the febrile mind of OE. The heart breaking journey of a girl into madness is captured in stark and slowly evolving detail...in her own words! The book is a genuine masterpiece. For those at play at the edge of reason the book is essential; for those that take a narrower path the book still should be a part of every collection.

Do not be caught without this one.

Ad
Spiritus
Hominum
Mine must be comin anytime then! :-)
Mine must be comin anytime then! :-)
[quote]On Jun 11, 2014, american crow wrote:
Received mine a few days ago. It's taken a while to sink in. Truly amazing! A tour de force.

Well now. Here we have another disturbing and ingenious production from the febrile mind of OE. The heart breaking journey of a girl into madness is captured in stark and slowly evolving detail...in her own words! The book is a genuine masterpiece. For those at play at the edge of reason the book is essential; for those that take a narrower path the book still should be a part of every collection.

Do not be caught without this one.

Ad
Spiritus
Hominum [/quote]
Thank you A.C.

Another batch of books shippin on thursday. Diary pages will also be shipping to book owners this week.
I will look out for mine then.
I just got through reading Ash in its entirety. Wow. It has profound sadness, a high creep factor and builds in intensity to an excellent conclusion. This is a labour of love by OE.
We don't allow photos in the shop. It is positioned to make it impossible to take one without a lot of reflection. It took me a few minutes to take this one with limited reflection. I would definitely see anyone trying to snap a pic.
[IMG]http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag434/ghostshop/2014-06/BA59D6C2-7DA2-4535-BEAD-E4135D0E2057_zpspgyha7r2.jpg[/IMG]
Dude, that is awesome!!!
Got mine today. . .beautiful!
It really is a beauty! I was a little nervous that the pages would be the type of gloss where you have to worry about fingerprints and smudges, but... they ain't! It's the perfect type of paper for the project. Roth did an incredible job on this one.
Any, idea when the ASH sumptin,sumptin will be shipping ?
Still waiting for mine :(
Me too.
I received my book back from Vic with his special treatment applied. IT IS AWESOME!!! Vic discolored and selectively burned the cover and singed some of the outer page edges of the book. (See an ealier post from ZoOpDoG on June 7 with photo). The resulting look is perfect and exactly what I was hoping for. The book could have suffered a history of abuse and mistreatment, or, it could have been the victim of a single disastrous fire. We'll never know. But with a book that has a main character named ASH, I feel this distressed treatment can only compound the potential emotional impact.
Should be getting mine soon. Roth PMed me!! :D
My "sumptin, sumptin" seems overdue, too!
Will pm Roth if not here in a day or two as I as an "early adopter"!
Original diary pages are going out this week. We shipped about 10 books without them. Now all books going out will have the page so if you have not received the book you will get a page with it.

Actually several books have been deliverd with the page already.

So hang in there guys :)
So has mine really shipped?
Have the sumptin, sumptin been shipped ? :-)
Still waiting on my "sumptin, sumptin" (amd I had book #10)...! Please find time to catch up.
I would like to start putting together my performance piece on this, but really want the "sumptins" to know what to do about a presentation and routine.
All single diary pages will have shipped by tomorrow. We shipped about 10 books without them. If you are waiting for Ash please be patient. Your books will have a diary page with them :)

Thanks!
How do you know your number?

On my receipt I did not have number.
Multiply your birth date day by 2 and add the number of your birth month,....just kidding. I suggest you PM Rick Roth and ask if he has time and a way to look it up for you at some point. But please do not delay him long as I am still waiting for my "sumptin, sumptin" to enhance my ASH which was #10 ordered, December 29, 2013....!
[quote]On Jun 27, 2014, Boudje wrote:
How do you know your number?

On my receipt I did not have number. [/quote]
Books arrive with a certificate with the book number. Hang in there books are slowly shippin out :)
Mine arrived during the weekend (#33) along with an envelope containing a certificate of authenticity and an original diary page with two entries, for August 26 and 27, which looks absolutely authentic. The book is wonderful and framing the whole thing as a NIMH study was a brilliant idea. A visit to nimh.gov to get an idea of what the Institute does can be very helpful.
Let's start hitting the Outlaw forum on 'Ash' ! :-)

~G
Any sign of Ash in the UK?
Not yet . Ordered a while back - suspense is killing me...
Hey Papalazarou, great to see you back here. Ash is worth the wait.
If anyone is interested, you may download this "copy" of an earlier letter from Dr. Edward M. Fromm (NIMH) to psychologist Harry Stack Sullivan. This letter may help fill in some back story and give you a clever document to use along with your ASH book. Those who have the book, or are familiar with Lillian's Diary will understand how this letter is used.

http://newton.acrossthebow.com/nimh_letterhead.docx
Is that so you don't have to use the warrens in Vics letter? I thought that's what made it cool. Why the name change? Is it so they are less high profile?
[quote]On Jul 1, 2014, ZoOpDoG wrote:
Is that so you don't have to use the warrens in Vics letter? I thought that's what made it cool. Why the name change? Is it so they are less high profile? [/quote]

I haven't even read Vic's instructions. I am a writer by profession and I prefer to develop my own back stories and plots. And I almost always offer my contributions to the Café members who are interested. If anyone wants me to customize that letter, then they need to PM me (or email me) with the changes they want.

I'm didn't write that letter for your "cool" factor, I offered it as an idea. And actually one of the names in my document was very high profile in the field of psychoanalysis "Harry Stack Sullivan." And "Chestnut Lodge" was an actual institution. And "Edward Fromm" is an homage to "Eric Fromm." Look them up.

My document is best used if you want to weave a more pseudo-psychological theme around the book (and then add a dab of the macabre).

If you see no use for it, don't use it. And I appreciate your "Thank You."
Al:
I think the confusion arose as your idea is very similar to the routine I put out for ASH a few weeks ago.
[quote]On Jul 1, 2014, Vic Nadata wrote:
Al:
I think the confusion arose as your idea is very similar to the routine I put out for ASH a few weeks ago. [/quote]

I haven't read your routine. I just got ASH yesterday (although Ric emailed me the PDF's a few week back). And my idea is not a routine at all. All I did was create a document that could be used as an entry point. I will look over your performance notes. Nothing untoward was meant when I created the my document.

If you want, I'll just remove my document from my server. It looks like I stepped on some toes, which was never my intention.
[quote]On Jul 1, 2014, Vic Nadata wrote:
Al:
I think the confusion arose as your idea is very similar to the routine I put out for ASH a few weeks ago. [/quote]

Ok. I just read your performance manual. How is my letter similar? My letter is between two psychologist discussing a case that has gone chronic, and the uncommon age of the patient and the quite speedy decline in her condition. You document is full of psychic "claptrap" (I use that word for explanation only).

If you are talking about the fact that you created a letter and then I created a letter, with different themes, mine on actual period letterhead, my document referencing actual doctors and institutes and discussing in a "chatty" way actual scientific dialog, well yes, then I agree, they are similar.
Now I'm sorry that I even offered anything to this forum. And no, I'm not pouting. Just stating a fact.
[quote]On Jun 30, 2014, Godzilla wrote:
Let's start hitting the Outlaw forum on 'Ash' ! :-)

~G [/quote]

^^^ WHAT, HE SAID ! ^^^ :-)
Al:
No need, it just struck me as a very similar idea. My routine is free, and so is yours. We are both just trying to help others out. Great minds...
Vic and Al, I thank you both for your time, commitment, and generosity. Please no regrets...I think I can speak for the vast majority here in expressing our appreciation for your efforts.
Likewise, thank you to Al and Vic both for their valuable contribution to the Ash corpus.
[quote]On Jul 1, 2014, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Vic and Al, I thank you both for your time, commitment, and generosity. Please no regrets...I think I can speak for the vast majority here in expressing our appreciation for your efforts. [/quote]

I ditto the above...thanks to both Al and Vic for your generosity in sharing your creations,..both very creative, interesting and of value to those of us who are struggling to develop a personal routine ( I humbly wish I had the creativity and literary talent of Al and Vic!).
Yes thanks guys.
Ash is not yet arrived in France...
A long way to come...
I always use the Carnie Tarot link at top of this page, to shortcut to the Ash forum.
Looks like Roth, has the Carnie Cursed on sale for a week !
Received my sumptin today.
It will be a great lend to tie in with the 'Smelly' idea posted in Outlaw Ash forum. :-)
Yep also got my sumptin today. Thank you Rick for this extra piece, will add nicely to book :-)
Looking forward to it!
Yup, got my "extra sumptin" today,...very nicely done for a creepy enhancement....just looking for the photo and then will start some kind of scripting!
Well if the trade winds are blowing in the right direction I might get mine in a week or two.
Roth, can we get an update on when we can expect to receive the dairy pages? Not being pushy, just curious.

Thanks
[quote]On Jul 6, 2014, Intrepid wrote:
Roth, can we get an update on when we can expect to receive the dairy pages? Not being pushy, just curious.

Thanks [/quote]
We shipped about 12 books without diary pages. 8 of the pages have been shipped and the balance of pages that were not included in the very first shipments are going out tomorrow. All books as of a couple of weeks ago are shipping with Diary pages.
I'll be posting a link to the printable photograph (.pdf) in the next couple of days

Hang in there :)
[quote]On Jul 6, 2014, Roth wrote:
I'll be posting a link to the printable photograph (.pdf) in the next couple of days

Hang in there :) [/quote]

I was just about to ask about the photo, LoL. The extra page looks awesome Rick !! Looking forward to the pic :-)

& Thank you, you've been doing an awesome job of staying on top of getting these books & pages out & your quick responding to our inquires :-)
[quote]On Jul 6, 2014, Intrepid wrote:

Thanks [/quote]
We shipped about 12 books without diary pages. 8 of the pages have been shipped and the balance of pages that were not included in the very first shipments are going out tomorrow. All books as of a couple of weeks ago are shipping with Diary pages.

Perfect. The hard work of you and the team is very much appreciated.
Thanks

Consider Us, Hung ! :-)
Look forward to receiving Ash !
Got my diary page,...nicely very well done and appreciate the work put in. Will definitely add to credibility and an extra "creep" factor....now just need the pdf photo to start my personal scripting and routine idea (s).
I got my diary page today... fricking awesome! Gonna hunt down authentic 1960's photos 'till I find the perfect Ash. Got one of a kid wearing a clown mask (which he altered by painting the eyebrows black & slanting down, giving it a sinister look) wearing a sheet and oversize sneakers, holding a large chain. The back says "Mervyn, Halloween, 1969". Put it in an old frame so the back can't be read and...it's Ash going trick-or-treating soon after the events in the book...
Reese, do share the photo at some point. :-)
I'll post the photo on the Ash forum...once I figure out how to do that from my phone. I found the photo within the pages of a used book that came into the shop.

Received! Thank you
Hangin'......
[quote]On Jul 1, 2014, Al Desmond wrote:
If anyone is interested, you may download this "copy" of an earlier letter from Dr. Edward M. Fromm (NIMH) to psychologist Harry Stack Sullivan. This letter may help fill in some back story and give you a clever document to use along with your ASH book. Those who have the book, or are familiar with Lillian's Diary will understand how this letter is used.

http://newton.acrossthebow.com/nimh_letterhead.docx [/quote]
Al, there is a "14" between Bethesda and MD that doesn't belong there. The rest of the letter looks great.
Any further sign of ASH in the UK anyone??
(Im)patiently waiting!
After you have received and read Ash, go to the Outlaw forum.
Balaram (Bill) , has added a "Brilliant" Final reveal that can be added to the last OB Page !
I can't think of any better idea than this ! :-)

Any word on the final PDF sumptin ?
[quote]On Jul 13, 2014, Intrepid wrote:
[quote]On Jul 1, 2014, Al Desmond wrote:

http://newton.acrossthebow.com/nimh_letterhead.docx [/quote]
Al, there is a "14" between Bethesda and MD that doesn't belong there. The rest of the letter looks great. [/quote]

The letterhead is an from an actual NIMH letter dated 1960. I'm not sure how you can say it shouldn't be there?

I typed the rest of the letter using "rough typewriter" font.
And for a clarification for those that don't know, the "14" in the NIMH address is a postal zone code, which was used in the United States before they create the 5 digit zip code system in 1963.

[quote]
The early history and context of postal codes began with postal district/zone numbers. The United States Post Office Department (USPOD) implemented postal zones for various large cities in 1943. For example:

Mr. John Smith
3256 Epiphenomenal Avenue
Minneapolis 16, Minnesota

The "16" was the number of the postal zone within the city.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZIP_code
[/quote]

The "14" in the address for 1960 is accurate and original.
Still waiting for ASH in France...
[quote]On Jul 14, 2014, Godzilla wrote:
After you have received and read Ash, go to the Outlaw forum.
Balaram (Bill) , has added a "Brilliant" Final reveal that can be added to the last OB Page !
I can't think of any better idea than this ! :-)

Any word on the final PDF sumptin ? [/quote]

Thanks for the compliment G, but it was just one idea, I think the door for creativity is still wide-open for this amazing prop.
Invocations for speedy delivery to our Brothers and Sisters across the pond!
Nope,....still waiting on the "sumptin" pdf, which I was told (since three weeks ago at least),..."working on it".
I know some have sought out their own 1960 photos,...but my attitude is that this was sold ad purchased as a limited edition collectible, which included the diary page (finally got it a couple weeks ago),..and the pdf photo and the provenance of the original items is important to me as a collectible prop set!!!
[quote]On Jul 15, 2014, Al Desmond wrote:
And for a clarification for those that don't know, the "14" in the NIMH address is a postal zone code, which was used in the United States before they create the 5 digit zip code system in 1963.

[quote]
The early history and context of postal codes began with postal district/zone numbers. The United States Post Office Department (USPOD) implemented postal zones for various large cities in 1943. For example:

Mr. John Smith
3256 Epiphenomenal Avenue
Minneapolis 16, Minnesota

The "16" was the number of the postal zone within the city.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZIP_code
[/quote]

The "14" in the address for 1960 is accurate and original. [/quote]
Al, thanks for the historical insight and the period stationary. Good work.
Bob
I have it on good authority that ASH will be case-studied in the UK soon! :carrot:
Does this mean it is not so limited edition?
Anyone still waiting for the "sumptin, sumptin"... (pdf)...I've pm'd and just get told,.."working on it"....!?!
Me 2 !
Me 3 :-)
Me 4. I thought this would have been the easiest item of the set to produce.
Been working with 2 guys to get the photo done and I expect it this weekend. You'd think it would be easy but apparently its not that simple. For a freebie I decided to throw in its causing me some stress! :)
Isn't it always the small things that cause the greatest headaches.......lol

Patience is either a virtue or a painful stubbed toe :-) lol
Dammit, we've been stressing over getting a freebie ? :-) lol
[quote]On Jul 19, 2014, Merlinsmagic wrote:
Isn't it always the small things that cause the greatest headaches.......lol

Patience is either a virtue or a painful stubbed toe :-) lol [/quote]

As the saying goes, "It's not the elephant in the bath tub that gets you, ...it' the gnats"!
[quote]On Jul 19, 2014, Godzilla wrote:
Dammit, we've been stressing over getting a freebie ? :-) lol [/quote]

Yes, me too, but after all it is part of the collectible's "provenance", adding to its value!
[quote]On Jul 19, 2014, Roth wrote:
Been working with 2 guys to get the photo done and I expect it this weekend. You'd think it would be easy but apparently its not that simple. For a freebie I decided to throw in its causing me some stress! :) [/quote]
In that case, I wish you hadn't ever offered it. Not worth it for the stress. Me, I've already found several authentic ' 60's photos that rock! Yeah, it'll be fun to see your photo. It'll probably be better than most of mine. And... I don't understand why folks are complaining about the timeliness in receiving a freebie. 'Specially when they can find/create their own! The effect isn't by any means dependant on a photo. It's a nice touch. My imagination has come up with several nice touches for this unique effect. Looking forward to playing this out! (I have one public performance in Oct. that will feature a seance presentation of Ash, possibly another in a different venue...)
Will have a couple more pics.

Hmmm that doesn't look like Alice..it looks like Ashley

[img]http://s28.postimg.cc/46k2tftel/ash_first_look.png[/img]
A fitting photo for young Miss A.M. ! :-)
More Ashley

[img]http://s7.postimg.cc/fxumtwyx7/gcidfhhd.png[/img]
The funny thing is she could still be alive and well and living in Vegas working the buffet at the Mirage. Hope she doesn't catch my show.
One more

[img]http://s7.postimg.cc/fxumtwyx7/gcidfhhd.png[/img]
Hey Rick is it my imagination or are those 3 pix all the same, or did you accidently upload the same pics 3 times.....?
[quote]On Jul 21, 2014, Merlinsmagic wrote:
Hey Rick is it my imagination or are those 3 pix all the same, or did you accidently upload the same pics 3 times.....? [/quote]
Very slight differences in the hair and background, shading.

email me for the .pdf that has slightly aged versions
No, they are different. 2 and 3, not so much, but there.
I Prefer #2.
Aged a bit. Photo courtesy of 13
[img]http://s11.postimg.cc/rw10jlhoj/fjjcdabe.png[/img]
I like it. At first, just a charming little girl. But then pay more attention to her hands and eyes. Who or what is to the right of camera? A lot of subtle mystery here.
Just got the photo it's awesome thanks Rick and 13.

She definitely has nervous hands and is lost in her thoughts. She isn't interested in taking a photo or eating the cake.
What could possibly be going on in that pumpkin? Someone is talking to her but no one standing beside muwahahaha..

If you need the photo file PM me your email address, I'll help you get a copy.
Me be liken #2, too !

Thanks, for getting these(Rick & 13) ... balance, has now been restored ! :-)
Well Ash arrived safe and well in the UK. :rotf:

just need the instructions now!
Really looking forward to preforming this one -definitely fits my persona.
Yeah...not sure why there's so much angst about the photo. These things take time. Some folks are still waiting on the book itself!
What exactly is the effect/presentation of ASH? Is it a straightforward book test or is it more a seance type effect where the performer is, say, contacting the spirit of the little girl?
[quote]On Jul 23, 2014, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
What exactly is the effect/presentation of ASH? Is it a straightforward book test or is it more a seance type effect where the performer is, say, contacting the spirit of the little girl? [/quote]

Perhaps, this should be taken to the Crypt !
[quote]On Jul 23, 2014, Godzilla wrote:
What exactly is the effect/presentation of ASH? Is it a straightforward book test or is it more a seance type effect where the performer is, say, contacting the spirit of the little girl? [/quote]

Perhaps, this should be taken to the Crypt ! [/quote]
I'm not asking to reveal any methods. I'm just asking what the effect/presentation is.

I'm not asking to reveal any methods. I'm just asking what the effect/presentation is. [/quote]

That was understood ! :-)
But, thought the crypt would be a better place for reply.

In short,'Anyway' you would like it to be !

~G
Ash can be used as a support for multiple presentations... & it's a very unique test.
[quote]On Jul 23, 2014, Godzilla wrote:

Perhaps, this should be taken to the Crypt ! [/quote]

This is the answer to half the posts on this entire forum. . .Thank you, Gary!
Received my n°37.
But where are the explanations?
[quote]On Jul 24, 2014, oly92 wrote:
Received my n°37.
But where are the explanations? [/quote]

PM Roth for pdf manual
Yes good food for thought guys as we love to talk about our world we need to know when our comments should stay underground even if we think the discussion is high level to us it may not be to others. We forget we are in the light right now. We do need to remind ourselves. Its all good. Even just describing an effect or presentation is questionable for our group as its not a trick of the week, more so when we add photos of props the less said up here the better. The crypt btw needs more content we need to spend more time there.
[quote]On Jul 24, 2014, Darkness wrote:
Yes good food for thought guys as we love to talk about our world we need to know when our comments should stay underground even if we think the discussion is high level to us it may not be to others. We forget we are in the light right now. We do need to remind ourselves. Its all good. Even just describing an effect or presentation is questionable for our group as its not a trick of the week, more so when we add photos of props the less said up here the better. The crypt btw needs more content we need to spend more time there. [/quote]

Well put! This guy understands the subtleties of the situation.
[quote]On Jul 24, 2014, Darkness wrote:
Even just describing an effect or presentation is questionable for our group [/quote]
If we shouldn't discuss even the [i]description[/i] of an effect...what [i]should[/i] we be talking about here- Just whether or not an item comes with a certificate of authenticity? :)

Code names have been given to effects like ASH, Luna, etc. to facilitate our discussions. Unless you're announcing these code names to your audience, I think we can relax. I hope most lay people have better things to do with their time than to visit a bizarre magician's forum and wade through posts whose subject lines mean nothing to them.
These effects are very expensive and unusual, they are usually presented as a one of kind. We are the keepers of the occult and strange happenings. There are not a lot of recent commercial effects to begin with so we need to guard them extra special :)

We can't afford to take this lightly (literally can't afford it $$) There is no hard fast rule, it just depends. You are right most spec won't bother but what if one does and posts it one time of FB it has wide damaging impact. Just because it may never happen doesn't mean we should run the risk, it's just not worth it to speak up here especially when the crypt is one click away.

I don't know about everyone else but for example I paid a lot for my 4 set of Dopps and if anyone makes it public knowledge just because they thought it would never happen is going to be under fire. I would not even speak the routine up here. Do you even want other magicians to browse the routine. We are a small group and I like that.

We all talk even me I'm no better. I should remind myself more often. Why is that we have to talk up here again? I mean that with respect to everyone, I think people know that.

Why don't we be the smarter ones and take ALL discussions there period? Now back to Ash :) Sorry I'm derailing but I want to protect Ash!
[img]http://www.bedetheque.com/media/Couvertures/Couv_112225.jpg[/img]

1850. Kingdom of Bohemia. Ash is released from an underground prison where she languished for four centuries. Who is she and why has she been locked up? The only thing the girl is sure of, is that her origin is intimately linked to a coveted secret: that of eternal life ...

by french graphic novel artist and an illustrator Krystel

xxx Morgaine :evilgrin:
[quote]On Jul 25, 2014, Darkness wrote:
These effects are very expensive and unusual, they are usually presented as a one of kind. We are the keepers of the occult and strange happenings. There are not a lot of recent commercial effects to begin with so we need to guard them extra special :)

We can't afford to take this lightly (literally can't afford it $$) There is no hard fast rule, it just depends. You are right most spec won't bother but what if one does and posts it one time of FB it has wide damaging impact. Just because it may never happen doesn't mean we should run the risk, it's just not worth it to speak up here especially when the crypt is one click away.

I don't know about everyone else but for example I paid a lot for my 4 set of Dopps and if anyone makes it public knowledge just because they thought it would never happen is going to be under fire. I would not even speak the routine up here. Do you even want other magicians to browse the routine. We are a small group and I like that.

We all talk even me I'm no better. I should remind myself more often. Why is that we have to talk up here again? I mean that with respect to everyone, I think people know that.

Why don't we be the smarter ones and take ALL discussions there period? Now back to Ash :) Sorry I'm derailing but I want to protect Ash! [/quote]

Exactly!!!!! How many different ways must it be explained?
[quote]On Jul 25, 2014, afinemesh wrote:
[quote]On Jul 25, 2014, Darkness wrote:

Why don't we be the smarter ones and take ALL discussions there period? Now back to Ash :) Sorry I'm derailing but I want to protect Ash! [/quote]

Exactly!!!!! How many different ways must it be explained? [/quote]

I guess Rick, Vic, Dan, etc. just can't get it into their heads that you guys don't want them discussing their products here. I don't have a problem with it, though, as long as they keep assigning them code names.
Well it's just "my opinion" and they can do whatever they want. I support them 110 percent and they all know it personally. Once a product thread is opened (and it should be) its becomes almost impossible to quite it before it goes down paths that are better left underground. That's not entirely because of them, it's mostly because of us, we just need to remind ourselves that's all, nothing more. There I found another way of saying it ha! It's a dead issue and it's derailing I think we all made our points. Do what you want I'm not the moderator, but if I was....
Perhaps we can all learn the ancient dead language of the bird people, etc., then we can discuss these effects all we want with or without a crypt to have 100% no worries of outside exposure & be completely Goggle proof ! :-)

The one thing I like about what OE, AM, LMC, GA, etc sell, is that you don't see these kids buying & exposing on Youtube, etc like the reg magic effects........so far.....,...
I understand what Darkness, is saying...He's not saying don't post, but there may be better place to post !
Somethings are better in the crypt or on a Creator forum for specific effect/prop.
And, it is the place of the Creator to release the information as they see fit on their release, for an open forum.

For example : Creator, is releasing a product (Lets call it *yre) and someone makes a post and youtube link calling said product (lets call it *attleback) as a comparison. Now mind you, there is no method on the video.
Would something like that be better placed on a limited forum or open forum ?
Thanks Zilla you are correct. Lets carry this conversation downstairs just because we can!
Ash is a very visual book test. A reproduction of a young child's diary (complete with crayon drawings) descending into...Madness, the Shamanic Underworld, the Room of the Spirits... there are so many ways to create presentations using Ash as a jumping off place. The book itself is an element that can be used to realize different effects... The prop excites my imagination. It might do the same for you.
[quote]On Jul 26, 2014, reese wrote:
Ash is a very visual book test. A reproduction of a young child's diary (complete with crayon drawings) descending into...Madness, the Shamanic Underworld, the Room of the Spirits... there are so many ways to create presentations using Ash as a jumping off place. The book itself is an element that can be used to realize different effects... The prop excites my imagination. It might do the same for you. [/quote]
It is a beautiful piece of work. I am still struggling with a presentation and may go with the idea of a letter to the doctor as suggested by Al in Colorado or the letter by Vic of GA,....because the idea of having to find a way to have 25 to 50 different entries in observation notes is quite daunting and frustrating...to have to find 25 or more of my friends to record such observations..(?)...so their handwriting is different,...that uses up all of the base of frineds I would be performing for,
Out of consideration please take this to the crypt. Why must we all talk about this up here there is no benefit but there are risks.
Unlike other high-end items that a Google search might lead to a Café thread, as far as I can tell, nothing from the way I'm gonna use this is searchable. I do share a concern about public access to theatrical items. That's not an issue for me with Ash.
[quote]On Jul 27, 2014, DocBenWiz wrote:
Ash is a very visual book test. A reproduction of a young child's diary (complete with crayon drawings) descending into...Madness, the Shamanic Underworld, the Room of the Spirits... there are so many ways to create presentations using Ash as a jumping off place. The book itself is an element that can be used to realize different effects... The prop excites my imagination. It might do the same for you. [/quote]
It is a beautiful piece of work. I am still struggling with a presentation and may go with the idea of a letter to the doctor as suggested by Al in Colorado or the letter by Vic of GA,....because the idea of having to find a way to have 25 to 50 different entries in observation notes is quite daunting and frustrating...to have to find 25 or more of my friends to record such observations..(?)...so their handwriting is different,...that uses up all of the base of frineds I would be performing for, [/quote]
I'm going with Vic's letter dodge for now, augmenting it with additional info. I'm not ready to ink in the observation notes yet. I have to find the best code; I want the entries to be reveals too. So far a Leo Boudreaux idea seems best. I don't like a certain slowness in the execution though. ( Doc...why do you need 25 different examples of handwriting? Only one style is needed, though more can be used I suppose depending on presentation.) Oh, I'm not using the presentations implied in the intro to the diary, nor in "the letter", but something else entirely. The other approaches are presented as possible explanations...
[quote]On Jul 27, 2014, DocBenWiz wrote:
It is a beautiful piece of work. I am still struggling with a presentation and may go with the idea of a letter to the doctor as suggested by Al in Colorado or the letter by Vic of GA,....because the idea of having to find a way to have 25 to 50 different entries in observation notes is quite daunting and frustrating...to have to find 25 or more of my friends to record such observations..(?)...so their handwriting is different,...that uses up all of the base of frineds I would be performing for, [/quote]

Sorry about that....took my questions to Rick by pm; realized I was a dunce and had just not even clearly thought about the premise, etc...Agree such detailed issues should not have been raised here. To the crypt and or forums next time!
@MG, did you decide on making a purchase of Ash ?

There is a few good presentation ideas in, Outlaw forum !
[quote]On Jul 29, 2014, Godzilla wrote:
@MG, did you decide on making a purchase of Ash ?[/quote]

I don't think we should speak of such things up here. :goof:

Just kidding. I think I'll pass, for now.
That, is why I did not ask if you did or did not purchase.

Just, if you decided ? :-)
Wow what a surprise...
Am I the only one that preordered (back in December) that still hasn't received ASH? I just got back from a two week vacation and I was certain that my copy would be waiting for me. No such luck.

I sent an email on Monday to the address I Paypal'ed but haven't had a response back. Just wondering if I'm the only one waiting...

Regards,
AH
AH--

No, you're not the only one waiting. I am waiting too. If you have a question about timing, you could PM Rick here at the forum. He's always been quick to respond.
Good to have the company! Glad to know there are others out there and that we haven't been forgotten about.

-AH

[quote]On Aug 6, 2014, teaguejb wrote:
AH--

No, you're not the only one waiting. I am waiting too. If you have a question about timing, you could PM Rick here at the forum. He's always been quick to respond. [/quote]
Wishes, on you guys getting your Ash, soon !

~G
I'm waiting too, and I'm going to change my adress at the end of the month.

Let's see if it arrived next week :)
I am also waiting :) Very excitedly !!
[quote]On Aug 9, 2014, 13 wrote:
I am also waiting :) Very excitedly !! [/quote]

I'll add my name to the list of those also waiting.
I am about to order Ash. Do people actually have this in their hands yet? Thanks.
Not in my hands at the moment, but she is sitting on the floor next to my couch as I type this ! :-)
[quote]On Aug 19, 2014, jaizon wrote:
I am about to order Ash. Do people actually have this in their hands yet? Thanks. [/quote]
We do.
I just ordered it. :)
It may take awhile jaizon, but don't dismay. It will be worth it. It's a very unique and creepy take on the age-old book test.
[quote]On Aug 19, 2014, jaizon wrote:
I am about to order Ash. Do people actually have this in their hands yet? Thanks. [/quote]

Yep had mine for a couple months now, haven't had time with it yet but it is creepy as h3ll !
Your in for a treat with this one :-)
Wow...this is a bit confusing. I ordered Ash (and 13 Ghosts) back on Friday 8 August and was told by Rick in an email that it would go out to me early the next week. And now I read some have been waiting for many months...once since Decmeber. It's been two weeks and I have not received either item and my email asking when the items shipped, and by what method, has gone unanswered. I've purchased other items in the past and never, ever had a problem...so all I can say is I'm a bit confused at this point.
Got my Ash today! But no instructions :( I sent Rick an email asking him to send them so I can start studying. Book looks great but could possibly use some slight aging. Now if I could just figure out how to use it...

Brian, Rick has been responsive for me. He even checked before I asked to see if it had arrived. Try emailing him again.

Bruce
[quote]On Aug 22, 2014, bkowkabany wrote:
Got my Ash today! ...
Brian, Rick has been responsive for me. He even checked before I asked to see if it had arrived. Try emailing him again.
Bruce [/quote]

Yours arrived today...good for you...perhaps mine will also. Like I said, never, ever a problem ordering from Outlaw. I just became concerned when I read posts by folks waiting for many months. If I may ask...how long ago did you order yours?
No problem, it was 7/29.

Bruce
[quote]On Aug 22, 2014, bkowkabany wrote:
No problem, it was 7/29.

Bruce [/quote]

Thanks Bruce...that pretty much tells me I just need to be patient. Have fun with it...looks like it could be powerful with the right presentation.
Hi Guys. The books are coming in 5 or 6 units a week from the binders. I would say within 2 weeks all orders will have shipped.

There were 62 pre-orders :)

I have another shipment coming in tomorrow and another batch will ship Monday.

Hang in there
Thank you for the update Rick...very much appreciated.
Ordered May 30th. Told it was shipping the next day. Still nothing. Dare I ask if it might be here (UK) by Halloween? Don't mean to sound impatient ...
Received my copy of ASH (no. 50) on Saturday. What a gem! As with everything OE makes, this is definitely worth the wait.
[img]http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p782/declanring/Ashampalice_zps22c4be43.png[/img]
Nice.
Does anyone know where OE is located (state, e.g. or even country?) Can't find it on their website. Thanks.
[quote]On Sep 4, 2014, jaizon wrote:
Does anyone know where OE is located (state, e.g. or even country?) Can't find it on their website. Thanks. [/quote]

Los Angeles, U.S.
He is my review:

The book opens with a four page introduction regarding the finding of the case material. The setup is intriguing and plays very convincing. What follows is a color copy of a child’s diary.

Mom gives Alic3 a diary. Alic3 writes everyday, things like moving into a new house and going to a new school. The joy of making new friends the pain of losing friends, the longing of finding a friend, the loss of a parent, dealing with the loss, feeling different, the finding of a new friend, the new friend taking over?

The pages have the feel like they were written by a young girl and the diary is real. The child’s transformation is subtle and builds to a crescendo the way a good horror story unfolds. (I would love to make this into a screenplay)

Rick you are a master of psychological horror. This type of material resonates to the core. This is another example of how you don’t need blood and gore to be really creeped out.

If you had a “normal”, happy, childhood you will feel relieved and thankful. If you had a lonely childhood or lost a loved one you understand how sadness leads your thoughts and feeling into the darkness.

A$h will lead you into the dark. You will become a new person. 27-27-27
How is it used as a book test?
[quote]On Sep 4, 2014, Silvertongue wrote:
Does anyone know where OE is located (state, e.g. or even country?) Can't find it on their website. Thanks. [/quote]

Los Angeles, U.S. [/quote]

Thanks!
How is it used as a book test? [/quote]

jaizon, if you haven't, please read this thread from the beginning. This effect is a book test through-and-through, just not designed as most are used to using, or performing a book test. It is something different and refreshing...primarily visually, but also structurally as well. Anything more may border on exposure, so try contacting Rick with more detailed questions.
Thanks, Wizard. I pm'd Rick for a copy of the manual.
Why would he send you a copy of the manual without paying for the book?
[quote]On Sep 8, 2014, Silvertongue wrote:
Why would he send you a copy of the manual without paying for the book? [/quote]

I bought the book a while back. ;)
Sounds amazing. I still have't received my copy. Are they still being printed?
Still waiting for mine... Ordered on August 23 - did anyone who ordered theirs on or after that date get theirs already?
I preordered it at the beginning of the campain, and still did not received it (my address change since last year).
I provided the new address in August, and it's still not in my mail box. I'm a little bit frustrated...
There are maybe 3-4 Ash orders that we had some shipping issues with International that have been resolved now. I'm getting those shipped next week. There are a couple of domestic Ash orders that had issues and they are shipping next week.

There are only a handful of Ash books that need to ship when the next batch comes in next week from the binders.

We've shipped 71 of 77 Ash book orders, more than half the run is sold out and has shipped.

I'm making a big push next week to get out the pending orders.

I know who they are and you boys will be covered next week.

I think we have maybe 8 orders shipping next week and that covers all orders in the house.

"Yearbook" is coming soon. A yearbook from a 1955 Texas High school where a student was murdered in her senior year. When the yearbook was printed the spirit of the murdered student went into "the machine" and altered the yearbook to reveal her killers and everyone that was part of the cover up. Its Twilight Zone meets a yearbook.

There will not be a pre-order. All Ash orders will have shipped before Yearbook is released.
[quote]On Oct 30, 2014, Roth wrote:
There will not be a pre-order. All Ash orders will have shipped before Yearbook is released. [/quote]

Things sound like they are turning around nicely Rick, thanks for the update and hard work!

Looking forward to revisiting my high school daze...
Update on my above post: Rick reacted immediately to it and sent out my copy the next day. ASH has since safely arrived and looks gorgeously disturbing. Great customer service.

Looking forward to "Yearbook".
Yearbook sounds even creepier than Ash, if that's even possible.
It will be amazing no doubt..
I don't own ASH so I have no idea what to make of this...just a coincidence of name?

http://www.amazon.com/Forever-ASH-Helmach-Investigation-Volume/dp/1500134430
Well reading back in early threads about the development of Ash, Rick does say something about a diary written by a child who is also a witch, or some such. Coincidence...I suspect not. More like inspiration.
[quote]On Oct 30, 2014, Boudje wrote:
I preordered it at the beginning of the campain, and still did not received it (my address change since last year).
I provided the new address in August, and it's still not in my mail box. I'm a little bit frustrated... [/quote]

No news since Rick said early september that I should received my copy next week.
Today, I received an email from another people in France saying that he preordered like me...nearly a year ago...and that he did not received anything.
I know that France is may be not very popular in the US, and that we have a strong reputation of angry people, but I think this time we are quite patient.

Any news, but more important, any parcell in our box ;) would be gladdly appreciated. It's a little frustrating for early "backer" to be served after every-one else, to see gorgeous review on the thread and can't play with our toy.
Best regards from France.
A beintôt.
The books finally cross the Ocean.
We both received our parcell at the end.
Thanks for all.