(Close Window)
Topic: Trickster Presents Collision (DVD and Gimmick) by Tom Wright - DVD
The Ultimate Airborne Card Stab!

COLLISION is the ultimate ending to your favourite card routine. Have a card selected and the corner torn, or have the card signed. You can even use their very own business card. It's folded up and mixed with others. All the cards can be thrown by the spectators or released from a net. Finally before the cards hit the floor you stab one card with a Stainless steel fork that's been examined from the beginning ... Guess what?

IT'S THEIR CARD!

Gimmick included

"Tom Wright is always right! He told me he has the best card stab effect ever and he totally has!"
- TITANAS

"Organic, fresh. A classic in the making."
- KIERON JOHNSON

"It's forking great!"
- DAN HAUSS

http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=53581
Looks fun to perform.
[quote]On Jul 21, 2014, emyers99 wrote:
Looks fun to perform. [/quote]

Agreed. The price is pretty steep, I'm curious what you get. I used to do a similar thing with a double-side fork and it worked well enough, but would love something a little cleverer than that.
Seems very impractical. Carrying around a bag of folded cards? No thanks
Impractical for walk-around, yes. But not necessarily for other situations.
I wonder how he justifies the folding of the cards.
[quote]On Jul 22, 2014, emyers99 wrote:
I wonder how he justifies the folding of the cards. [/quote]

I would just say that when it's folded you can't tell one card from another at any angle making it more difficult for you.
That looks pretty awesome to me.
I like how the specs throw the cards. It gets everyone involved. I hope it's practical for parlor.
Very cool trailer. nice idea as well, not for every occasion though
I like the routine but if anybody actually thinks about it stabbing a folded card with a fork would be impossible, at least with a single card and a knife there is a chance that it could be done. The same thing applies to uncovered. I guess most spectators won't think like this though.
I have just seen the price and I think it is very overpriced for a single trick dvd
Torquay22

The price has now been dropped! was a mix up.check it out on murphys magic
[quote]On Jul 22, 2014, Magicboy! wrote:
Torquay22

The price has now been dropped! was a mix up.check it out on murphys magic [/quote]

It's still 95 from what I can tell. Was it initially higher than that?
This honestly looks like a great follow up after doing Scott Alexander's Divining Fork.
Just had a look and it says 95 for the price, too expensive imo
In my experience Tom's effects are for real workers.
He produces effects for the real world not the Youtube world.
I'll certainly give this a go and I don't think I'll be disappointed
In my experience Tom's effects are for real workers.
He produces effects for the real world not the Youtube world.
I'll certainly give this a go and I don't think I'll be disappointed
The gimmick you will recieve with collision has been hand made from solid steel and is guaranteed to last you a life time.
The price reflects the high quality of what's included. We chose the best material and the best craftsman so that this product is second to none

Many thanks
Tom Wright & Arron Jones
I've been lucky enough to see collision from it's creation and have seen Tom perform it several times to great reactions.
The gimmick is extremely well made and therefore not cheap but will last a lifetime.
I never mind paying for a quality trick so long as I will use it.

I will use collision in my parlour show and as a final trick at a walk round gig.

Looking forward to seeing what else will come from the Trickster brand.
I've been lucky enough to see collision from it's creation and have seen Tom perform it several times to great reactions.
The gimmick is extremely well made and therefore not cheap but will last a lifetime.
I never mind paying for a quality trick so long as I will use it.

I will use collision in my parlour show and as a final trick at a walk round gig.

Looking forward to seeing what else will come from the Trickster brand.
Hmm. Looks pretty good, but hardly practical, is it? I mean, who is going to be around to collect the pieces afterwards? Oh right. The magician. This is just a modern version of 52 card pick up. Sorry Tom, I can only see this as a one-off parlour or stage routine. No use whatever for walkaround or tables.
Hi Stokesmagic1 thankyou for posting your first ever post on the collision thread, collision is great when you have a big crowed and want to end your set with a bang. it also works for parlour and stage however if you want to do it for a table at the end of the night there is nothing stopping you. If you don't want to do it at tables you don't have to, it's your choice.
[quote]On Jul 24, 2014, stokesmagic1 wrote:
Hmm. Looks pretty good, but hardly practical, is it? I mean, who is going to be around to collect the pieces afterwards? Oh right. The magician. This is just a modern version of 52 card pick up. Sorry Tom, I can only see this as a one-off parlour or stage routine. No use whatever for walkaround or tables. [/quote]
RED ALERT! A one post wonder criticising a new product.

Tom, ignore him/her.

I think Collision is a great idea. I can imagine the theatre and spectacle this will bring to any performance arena.
It looks too convoluted and is a step backwards for the card stab (not as clean and direct ss the original)
I like this plot, but how can it is physically possible (in the mind of a spectator) to stab a (light) flying card with a fork ? It might work, but some spectators could become suspicious as the possibility of this... don't you think so ?
Doriancaudal if you don't want to stab the whole card through you can just catch the card between the prongs of the fork, you can even make it
Look like you just caught it. This is just one of different ways to do it on the dvd. Hope that helps :)
[quote]On Jul 25, 2014, Magicboy! wrote:
Doriancaudal if you don't want to stab the whole card through you can just catch the card between the prongs of the fork, you can even make it
Look like you just caught it. This is just one of different ways to do it on the dvd. Hope that helps :) [/quote]

We'll to be fair Tom, the ad and demo are for a card stab not card catch.

It does beg the question also for the stab as to how easy it's going to be for the magician to load the card on the gimmick?
Ray, you don't have to load anything if you don't want to all depends if your doing the signed card version or torn corner
The demo shows the main routine which is the stab. The load is easy in all versions and one doesn't even need a load as Tom pointed out.

Secondly Ricky Vancouver, I believe this is a step forward as forks are at almost every booking/gig you go to. When was the last time you saw a sword hanging up at a gig and asked if you could borrow it?

Also the genius of Toms creation here is the simplicity of the handling what you catch/stab is only limited by your imagination. The three routines taught are the three Tom and I thought thought of and after spending almost 6 months trying them out at our own gigs we knew we had something special.

As for in the mind of a spectator thinking it isn't possible to to stab a card in mid flight...Well of course. It isn't possible to make a card levitate, it isn't possible to put a card into the center of the deck and without cutting the deck it appears on top, it isn't possible to make fire come out of your wallet. Magic is all about making the impossible possible :D !!!! No spectator has ever questioned COLLISION. Its an easy to follow display of the magicians incredible skill.

Hope this helps to answer some of your questions :)
I thought of some interesting ways to justify the physics behind the fork being able to puncture the card in mid-air. Here's one example: "Bruce Lee was obsessed with pushing his body to the limit. One of his goals before he died was to be able to thrust his finger through a wooden board with the board not breaking, but being punctured by his finger. After he died, among his possessions were found boards in 1/2 inch dents from his fingers." You can take it from there. It's actually a true story. With enough speed, it would be possible, and aren't we supposed to be magic?
[quote]On Jul 28, 2014, cchesmark wrote:
I thought of some interesting ways to justify the physics behind the fork being able to puncture the card in mid-air. Here's one example: "Bruce Lee was obsessed with pushing his body to the limit. One of his goals before he died was to be able to thrust his finger through a wooden board with the board not breaking, but being punctured by his finger. After he died, among his possessions were found boards in 1/2 inch dents from his fingers." You can take it from there. It's actually a true story. With enough speed, it would be possible, and aren't we supposed to be magic? [/quote]

I think that is an excellent idea, love it!!! Gonna try this opening for sure!!
Hum ... U can add something more by demonstrating something real : for example : taking a cigarette and penetrate it through a card ? Just an idea . :)
[quote]On Jul 29, 2014, Magician560 wrote:
Hum ... U can add something more by demonstrating something real : for example : taking a cigarette and penetrate it through a card ? Just an idea . :) [/quote]

Another great idea!
[quote]On Jul 29, 2014, Magicboy! wrote:
[quote]On Jul 29, 2014, Magician560 wrote:
Hum ... U can add something more by demonstrating something real : for example : taking a cigarette and penetrate it through a card ? Just an idea . :) [/quote]

Another great idea! [/quote]

Thanks ;) . Throwing in more magic moments at the right time is always good .
I have this. It's exactly what I thought when I saw the demo, but dismissed it as I thought someone must have created that before. Turns out people did, but not with this object and in this quality. The DVD is well produced and very funny.

Quality of the gimmick is SUPERB

This is very doable. He also teaches an "ungimmicked" way of doing the intercessor.

I shall use this!
But for 95 bucks , do you think it's worth it ? I currently don't have a lot of spare cash so I am thinking carefully before spending .
[quote]On Jul 30, 2014, Magician560 wrote:
But for 95 bucks , do you think it's worth it ? I currently don't have a lot of spare cash so I am thinking carefully before spending . [/quote]

Well, if you perform it regularly , it pays for itself. If it's occasional, no. It's a LOT of money for what you get, even though I don't doubt that it costs a lot to produce, people never see it, so...
Sashac,

Really glad you liked collision! We had a scream making the dvd!

You are right, the gimmick did cost a lot to produce! But we wanted choose the best material to last a life time

If you have any questions let me know by private msg.

Thanks, Tom wright
I kinda sense this cannot be performed surrounded ? Wil the load be seen from the back ?
I will give this a go if I can perform surrounded .
Hey Magician560

The main version of collision uses no load! This is the torn corner version. So you won't need
To worry about anyone seeing anything from the back. Now when it comes to the stab of the card you can have
The audience at 180 degrees possibly a bit more. This is great for big crowds!

Hope that answers your question dude.
[quote]On Aug 28, 2014, Magicboy! wrote:
Hey Magician560

The main version of collision uses no load! This is the torn corner version. So you won't need
To worry about anyone seeing anything from the back. Now when it comes to the stab of the card you can have
The audience at 180 degrees possibly a bit more. This is great for big crowds!

Hope that answers your question dude. [/quote]

Yeap ... Thank you for the information . I will give this a go soon .