(Close Window)
Topic: Chop cup joke
I'm not the most creative guy around, but I think I've created a joke (a couple of years ago). I think it works best on the streets. Here it goes: "Usually, this trick is done with three cups and one ball. I only have one cup due to financial reasons, I only have one ball due to medical reasons."
Tadaa! Well, OK, not the greatest joke... But feel free to use it if you like it.

Hawkan
[quote]On Jul 24, 2014, Hawkan wrote:
I'm not the most creative guy around, but I think I've created a joke (a couple of years ago). I think it works best on the streets. Here it goes: "Usually, this trick is done with three cups and one ball. I only have one cup due to financial reasons, I only have one ball due to medical reasons."
Tadaa! Well, OK, not the greatest joke... But feel free to use it if you like it.

Hawkan [/quote]

Funny!!!;-)
Its a good line. I like it
".....after a while, Eggs begin to fly(!),
maybe a Tomatoe or two!
A Glass of Water,.
..and a Lemon,.. would round out a pretty good meal!
...if I only had a Plate!" (produce folding plate from Hat).

sorry,
i've been drinking...
gallaglur
Hahaha! What..?! Sober up young man and come back tomorrow ;)

Håkan
I like subtle humor, leaving them to fill in the blanks. If it were me I'd rephrase it something like this:

"Usually, this trick is done with three cups and one ball. For financial reasons I only have one cup, for medical reasons..." I'm sure someone will pick up on it in the lull and finish the punch line for you. If no reaction, you can elect to deliver the punch line yourself.
I like it. Let's the audience make the connection. Good writing.
Dave: Yes, that would absolutely work. Thanks for the input.
Håkan
I Agree with Dave, much better!

Also, I'd change the first part to "Usually, this trick is done with three cups and three balls." That way the "ball" punch line makes more sense and most 3 cup routines use three balls.

I know it's nit-picky but it stood out to me.
Kendal: that is correct. That is what I actually say. Call it a typo/thinko. We have 33 C over here..
[quote]On Jul 25, 2014, KendallScot wrote:
I Agree with Dave, much better!

Also, I'd change the first part to "Usually, this trick is done with three cups and three balls." That way the "ball" punch line makes more sense and most 3 cup routines use three balls.

I know it's nit-picky but it stood out to me. [/quote]

That's not nit-picky at all and I thought exactly the same thing. But then so did the OP :)

There's a lot of precision in comedy even tho it doesn't seem like it. This is one example.