(Close Window)
Topic: Caring for Leather Pouch Question
Hello All

This question is focused to the Leather makers out there , Specifically to Gazzo , G. Knight ..
Does a Leather Pouch need to be oiled , as from what I understand when leather dryes out , it tends to crack ,split and then rot .
Appreciate any leather craftsman advice on this Topic.

m123
I use Dr. Jackson's Hide Rejuvenator from Tandy when leather gets dry.
You can use "leather food" if you want to.
Check CustomCruisers.com for leather care products. I use leather dressing on the saddlebags and tank bra on my bike to waterproof them and protect tem from drying out, as well as on my pouch.
Thaank you Mr , Frank Starcini
Yet Im Amazed that the makers of such Great Products ie : G,.Animal/ Knight , And Gary Osbourn aka Gazzo .
Expensive Products for those in the Conjuring Trade.... Yet you would Think they would offer thought / advice as to
thought into How to care for such a Pricey Prop,

M123
I'm amazed that you misspelled Frank's name even though it is right above his pic.
The two Garys may be more responsive if you spell their name correctly, but I doubt it. Maybe if you actually purchased a pouch from them, but they are generally performing so they don't frequent The Café. Why don't you check out Leo's advise?
[quote]On Jul 26, 2014, Magic.J.Manuel wrote:
I'm amazed that you misspelled Frank's name even though it is right above his pic.
The two Garys may be more responsive if you spell their name correctly, but I doubt it. Maybe if you actually purchased a pouch from them, but they are generally performing so they don't frequent The Café. Why don't you check out Leo's advise? [/quote]

I'm amazed you wrote Leo's advise instead of Leo's advice.
I have been doing custom leather work for years the best stuff for the abuse that our props take is Fiebing's Aussie Leather Conditioner W/ Beeswax. It not only conditions it also water proofs
http://www.amazon.com/Fiebings-Leather-Conditioner-Beeswax-Waterproof/dp/B00DL74ESS
I've recently picked up leather crafting in the past year to make my table servantes, and while I'm new to the craft, I have found Neatsfoot Oil to be the best solution...

It comes from the shinbones, and foot of the cow (kind of gives you an idea of how every part of the cow is used, and no part is wasted)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neatsfoot_oil
I was fortunate to have the opportunity to see George's servante, and it's really good!
Thanks Raff, great workin with you again.. Hopefully next year the festival doesn't get any rain :C
But over-cast would be good. That sun was brutal!