(Close Window)
Topic: Futagawa's single rubber band vanish...?
Just came across this video of Shigeo Futagawa. After a version of travelling cash he vanishes the rubber bands. I absolutely love the vanish he uses for the last band and I'd love to learn it. Anybody know the name and a source I could learn this from? I'm familiar with methods of vanishing the first of the two bands, it's vanishing the last one I'm interested in. His method seems so magical. Truth be told, I'm puzzled on how he ditched the first one, too... sl***ing? The magic is at 8 minutes 25 seconds.
http://youtu.be/N5sGxP8Kp2E?t=8m25s

Thanks for the help,
Andrew
The first vanish there was never two bands the second one I am puzzledlol
I know, that last one is a beauty. haha
I could be off base here since I'm new to magic but from the looks of it for the last vanish he wraps it around his wrist then makes a false knot like the ones people use for the belt through waste illusion so when he yanks on it unravels and goes onto his wrist with the other rubber bands, thus creating the illusion it "disappeared" could be wrong though.
Also just took a look at the whole video and I'm wondering how he did his first trick with the deck of cards and the rubber band were he snaps and the selected card shoots to over the top of his hand looks really cool and super visual.
After some looking it could also be dan Harlans shrinking rubber band trick, which if done fast could be used as a vanish instead of shrink
The method of the second vanish is taught (I believe) by Harlan on his rubber band DVDs vol 3 "Rubber Morph" and there is a version that Marcus Eddie has on a download called "Arm Band" which is a very similar method.