(Close Window)
Topic: Received The Blue Crown's Boardwalk Papers decks today...
And although it was mentioned nowhere in their advertising, they do not faro face-down.

Hopefully The Blue Crown take refunds, or these Boardwalk Papers will become very expensive kindling.
I got a deck a couple days ago. It took quite a few faros and cascade bridges before they started to shine. After I got them broken in, they're pretty slick.
Lee Asher has a "conditioning guide" on his website, therein he has a couple tips as to how to break the deck in to get the most use out of it. I'd try it out and see how Boardwalk handles after a good workout

http://hwcdn.net/u7n2x8t6/cds/605s/condition-cleaning-guide-605s-asher.pdf
After talking with The Blue Crown over the past few days, some of my confusion surrounding decks and the "standard cut" / "traditional cut" distinction has been cleared up. These cards actually don't faro face UP very well, which is what I'm used to.

Nevertheless, after a few days practice and breaking them in, I'm starting to figure out how to faro face-down a little better. Still not what I'm used to, and I wish they'd have mentioned something about the cut in the advertising, but I'll be keeping my boardwalk papers after all. :)