(Close Window)
Topic: Mind Deck by Vincenzo Di Fatta
Http://youtu.be/60vEabWI75Y any reviews on this? looks to good to be true. Mind Deck by Vincenzo Di Fatta :magicrabbit:
Hello,

Just got confirmation this morning from the supplier. We will have this in stock this week at Hocus Pocus.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Gee I don't know - I mean I can see what the performer is doing (more or less), and that's fine I guess but this also seems like an effect that you would not want to do in a situation where the spectators might talk afterwards (which in many cases they will in close up or strolling). For stage - ya, maybe.

I'm assuming this works on the concept most mentalists are quite familiar with - again nothing wrong, but also not that ground breaking either from what I am seeing.

Most here I would guess are performing close up for friends, family and co-workers and as such this probably isn't going to fly.

For stage or larger settings this might be a nice concept.
The ad says at the end:

No electronics

No Magnets

No stooges

Really?
Really !
Oh, a wise guy!
Looks like Monte Cristo cards & a reverse fan. But it can't be, cause we're told this is "New".
I don't think MC at all as that is basically a ***e.

I think here you have a completely free choice.
I can do almost the same trick using a borrowed deck in FASDIU conditions!!! I learned this trick in a DVD full with "easy to do" card tricks. There's no need to buy a special deck to do this effect. See you!!!
You certainly wouldn't want to perform this on two friends. DR springs to mind. On two strangers that will part their way after the effect, then this is a miracle.
This I suspect needs a bigger group and maybe similar to a TOD which we are discussing at Inner Thoughts - the bigger the better.

Not quite DR but in the same vein.

The ad seems misleading in a number of ways - would be really cool if the creator or someone else with knowledge of this release would chime in to address some of the legit questions brought up.
Looks to be similar (if not identical) to a Ted Lesley idea.
Looks the same of the Tony Binarelli's Supermentalism Deck to me... :)
[quote]On Aug 19, 2014, paperinick wrote:
Looks the same of the Tony Binarelli's Supermentalism Deck to me... :) [/quote]

Which is based on the Lesley principle that I mentioned.
Only there appears to be one handling difference that I can see.

e
Wich Ted Lesley idea did you mean ?
It's probably best not to discuss too much in depth here - but the method used is well known.
Yes you are right
Can the spectator examine the deck?
[quote]On Aug 21, 2014, Kjellstrom wrote:
Can the spectator examine the deck? [/quote]

Only if the spec is blind or blindfolded.
It may be a really nice deck and best for stage. Again, would be nice to hear from the creators.
If my son is selected to read the mind he would have read as heart of Joker. ;) he is very funny and good at spoiling my tricks.
Just got Mind Deck. On the box it says (in capital letters) NO SKILL REQUIRED. Well, that is just not true. Still it is a beautifully produced deck and comes with reasonable instructions. I have never seen a Supermentalism Deck, but as you can see from the videos, the effects look to be pretty much the same. I think this is not very well suited for stage, but best for one on one or for small groups.
Interesting - why? That is the opposite of what I would think since spectators in a smaller group might talk and learn what is happening...
Yep, me too. Interesting.
Thanks Jaizon for talking about what you bought. So you got something from the instructions that made you realize its better for small groups good for you. Hope you get great reactions from it.
The only chance for exposure, IMHO, is if the two participants talk afterwards. And I did not mean to imply that it could not be done on stage.
"New" is a loose word. For all intents and purposes, this does not seem new to me. It may have a different specific quality for helping the mindreader to "receive" the transmitted thought, but the system remains the same as marketed effects I've seen before. Meh. Even the demonstration in this video is boring and handled very clunkily.