(Close Window)
Topic: At the Table Live Lecture - Greg Wilson 8/27/2014
Hello all!
Does anyone have any idea or any thoughts about what type of card material Greg is going to performance and teach in his upcoming At The Table Live Lecture? Thanks!

At the Table Live Lecture - Greg Wilson 8/27/2014
http://www.murphysmagic.com/Streaming/Product.aspx?id=53878

Roberto
Here's what I'll say about Greg lecturing: The 1 trick I probably perform more than any other in this world is the Pitch & Ditch. A creation learned from one of Mr. Wilson's lectures. Yes, he's a monster with cards...but do get him to teach the P&D.
Yes, you're right ricklaxmagic, the Pitch N Ditch is great. I learned it from his On The Spot DVDs. But I was hoping to get information on the type of card magic he's going to teach in his upcoming lecture. And how much of it do you think will be gaffed vs. sleight of hand. Thanks!

Roberto
After the two marathon length lectures Greg did through Penguin, I'm not sure he's got anything left to teach! Not saying we NEED new Greg material, but how often can one guy teach the same stuff?
What is the pitch and ditch!!! Ive seen him lecture a few times and at Penguin I don't remember this name.
[quote]On Aug 23, 2014, ricklaxmagic wrote:
...but do get him to teach the P&D. [/quote]

Hi ricklaxmagic

If he does teach it I want a video of you doing it with that little dog your holding in your profile photo! :) Come on you know it would be good! (You may want to train said dog not to bark before that though)
When is he going to tip the rubiks cube?
Message: Posted by: ComposerCopenhagen (Aug 25, 2014 02:54AM)
I feel tempted to join this just to watch and learn from his funny audience skills... Probably not much new will come.
I got to hangout with Greg a lot while working on Wizard Wars and this guy is amazing. Super excited for his ATT lecture. I really love the concept of him walking us through the effect play by play with live performances.

[youtube]6v0XFoer3KU[/youtube]
Hey guys!!!

Just wanted to chime in and post up Greg's planned outline for his upcoming lecture!
(Pitch n Ditch seems pretty popular, so I will try to woo him over dinner to get him to talk about it!)

But here we go...

(There are no descriptions with these effects)

- Exact Change (He will be presenting ALL NEW routines for this marketed effect)
- N' Synch
- Ringside
- Refundable Bottle Cap
- All-Around Recovery
- Stick Shift
- Drinking Buddy

(Those above are all non-card items)...

Here's what we have for the card stuff:

- Weighted Aces
- Boomerang Card
- Any Card At Any Birthday

Next are dealer items that are both published and unpublished:

- Color Changing Lighter
- Branded
- Cash to Credit Card
- Poker Test 2.0
- Switchcraft (Hundy/Heiny)

Next up is a section Greg calls "COFFEEHOUSE CONJURING". These will be NEVER BEFORE seen coffee tricks!

Greg is also going to teach his variation on the Torn & Restored Bill.

He also plans on showing previously recorded video to walk us through audience management, why something works/why it doesn't.

Hopefully this helps out everyone! :)
[quote]On Aug 23, 2014, magicjoe wrote:
What is the pitch and ditch!!! Ive seen him lecture a few times and at Penguin I don't remember this name. [/quote]
[quote]On Aug 26, 2014, magicjoe wrote:
[quote]On Aug 23, 2014, magicjoe wrote:
What is the pitch and ditch!!! Ive seen him lecture a few times and at Penguin I don't remember this name. [/quote] [/quote]

It's where you toss any coin and it changes to another coin in mid air. Pretty visual stuff... :)
Thanks Mike!
Also...

Greg has been at the studio all day, and something that he has NEVER done before will happen tomorrow for his lecture...

A while ago, Greg was in town filming a few DVD performances. We filmed Greg doing some of his everyday go-to effects to try to warm the crowd up. What Greg is going to do is to play some of these videos and talk about what worked and what didn't.

What could he have done better to open up to the crowd?

WHY did that effect work for them and not for others?

WHEN do you know that you have turned a spectator from someone who's arms-crossed, to someone who is open to see anything?

Greg will also analyze moments when he could have engaged the spectator more, BEFORE just jumping into an effect.

This is going to truly be a unique experience and we hope you will all agree! :)
Only a couple of hours until the lecture!

[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/2ut447c.jpg[/IMG]
I want to watch it, but I literally have no idea how to buy it. Or how press "add to cart" or anything really.
Am I missing something.
[quote]On Aug 27, 2014, eboetcker wrote:
I want to watch it, but I literally have no idea how to buy it. Or how press "add to cart" or anything really.
Am I missing something. [/quote]

Hey man! You can pick it up from any of your favorite Murphy's Magic Dealers

Like here: https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/live-lectures/greg-wilson-live-lecture/
GW doing an impromptu workshop on pick pocketing!

This wasn't planned!

Come join us At The Table!

[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/2na64c2.png[/IMG]
Son of a gun! Error messages......
Message: Posted by: ComposerCopenhagen (Aug 28, 2014 01:24AM)
How was it? :)
Well, who's got the dilio on this? Of particular interest, were the three listed card routines ample enough for the card guys/gals to feast on? Did he do any sleight-of-hand coin stuff? Reviews anyone?

Roberto
Here's the trailer for the lecture!

[youtube]n-GJvUMEwc4[/youtube]

I really enjoyed the lecture. As you could see from the trailer Greg went off track a little bit during the lecture by teaching stuff that wasn't planed and also doing 30mins just on pick pocketing. It fell like we were watching a jam session and was very relaxing.

-Kyle
Any reviews?

How long was the actual lecture?

I'm guessing it went over the 2 hour limit, but was a bit less than the 5+ hour Penguin lecture.
[quote]On Aug 29, 2014, barts185 wrote:
Any reviews?

I'm guessing it went over the 2 hour limit, but was a bit less than the 5+ hour Penguin lecture. [/quote]

The lecture lasted 3 hours long.

He covered a lot of material that he has never put in print before, and did an extensive workshop on pick-pocketing. That was my favorite part of hosting the whole event... :)
[quote]On Aug 29, 2014, Mike.Hankins wrote:
[quote]On Aug 29, 2014, barts185 wrote:
Any reviews?

I'm guessing it went over the 2 hour limit, but was a bit less than the 5+ hour Penguin lecture. [/quote]

The lecture lasted 3 hours long.

He covered a lot of material that he has never put in print before, and did an extensive workshop on pick-pocketing. That was my favorite part of hosting the whole event... :) [/quote]

Thanks. I have the feeling that Greg could just lecture 24 hours a day and not run out of things to say for weeks. And be entertaining while doing it!
Message: Posted by: ComposerCopenhagen (Sep 8, 2014 03:15PM)
I feel like my video from Penguin is a bit crashed? There are some cut outs in the video. (3:11 long in total) Is this also in yours?
[quote]On Sep 8, 2014, ComposerCopenhagen wrote:
I feel like my video from Penguin is a bit crashed? There are some cut outs in the video. (3:11 long in total) Is this also in yours? [/quote]

Hey man!

Not sure exactly what part you're talking about but at one point during the lecture Greg's mic went out so It was just air time of greg kicking cards in the air and catching them in the deck until they fixed the sound. So you didn't miss anything!

-Kyle