(Close Window)
Topic: No more Polar Bears for my son.
Well, the polar bear hoax has finally come home to roost. Al Gores LIES have finally poisoned the minds and lives of far too many people.

Today my son went to Sea World and wanted to do something he always does ...SEE THE POLAR BEARS!!!!

They are sadly gone... and do to Al Gores continual lies .... He may never see a live polar bear again....

Upsetting! Will all zoos and such places be forced to close their doors? That would be a shame.

And all because of this lie first exposed 5 years ago ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9sFgUwiKik

There are over 25,000 polar bears today!!!!! :snowman:
Where's Laurie?
[quote]On Sep 13, 2014, Slim King wrote:
There are over 25,000 polar bears today!!!!![/quote]
Between 20,000 and 25,000 as of 2012.

I'm not sure it's increased in the last two years.
The two polar bears that Sea World had were pretty old, but we loved seeing them. Imagine drinking Hot Chocolate in Florida in the Arctic coolness of the exhibit. Christmas at Sea World is the best really. Bottom line ... All the rules and regulations now make it impossible to replace these two. It upsets me that Al Gores quest to ripp everyone off has resulted in this lunacy... Not only does my son face a $17 trillion dollar debt but also the prospect of never seeing anything that resembles a real zoo if this continues..... Upsetting.... :snowman:
Slim I don't think that Al Gore/global warming has as much to do with the decline of the zoos, as much as a change in the attitudes of people regarding the treatment of animals.

I busk near the Central Park zoo. Last year the polar bear, Gus, who was the main attraction died. His death was slow and it affected a lot of people. Many felt that the fact he was held in a place that was so far from his natural habitat was the cause. People saw the suffering, and as a result many people have simply stopped going to the zoo.

I get what you're saying but maybe it's time we changed our behavior. In the future I think that zoos will evolve into enormous wild life preserves; where people can go to see the animals in an environment that isn't so detrimental to them.
Times change. Some things don't survive the change.
Not to worry Slim. Come visit the relatively new Polar Bear exhibit at Hogle Zoo in SLC. The poor guy looks miserable, doesn't he?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-FJgBJMv6k
Not only THAT, but it looks like I'm going have to get a new Muffler four my CARR. All because of Al Gore's lies!! Also, some of the lettuce in my refrigorator's krisper has WILTED!!! And those Pears aren't looking two gud either. All because of the Lies told by AL Gore. That Al Gore owes me Big Time! At least According too Fox News. :angry:
I think we need a new theorem similar to Godwin's law.

Engberg's law (or Engberg's Rule of Fox News blame)[1][2] is an Internet adage asserting that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of blaming Fox News approaches 1 —​ that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will find a way to blame whatever is being discussed on Fox News.
That's because the least informed views, as propagated by Fox news on a daily basis, are inevitably repeated as facts here on NVMS by those who receive their only news from FOX and right-wing talk radio.
[quote]On Sep 13, 2014, Slim King wrote:
Well, the polar bear hoax has finally come home to roost. Al Gores LIES have finally poisoned the minds and lives of far too many people.

Today my son went to Sea World and wanted to do something he always does ...SEE THE POLAR BEARS!!!!

They are sadly gone... and do to Al Gores continual lies .... He may never see a live polar bear again....

Upsetting! Will all zoos and such places be forced to close their doors? That would be a shame.

And all because of this lie first exposed 5 years ago ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9sFgUwiKik

There are over 25,000 polar bears today!!!!! :snowman: [/quote]Bring your kid here:

http://www.detroitzoo.org/habitats/arctic-ring-of-life
[quote]On Sep 14, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
That's because the least informed views, as propagated by Fox news on a daily basis, are inevitably repeated as facts here on NVMS by those who receive their only news from FOX and right-wing talk radio. [/quote]

Oh, I don't know. Some might think that the least informed are those who blindingly accept what the press sensationalizes about simplistic surveys that don't really prove anything.

Dan Cassino, one of the professors of political science at FDU who authored the two studies said, "It was sensationalized – and that’s the dominant bias in the media, sensationalism," he said. "MSNBC was second worst, but it wasn’t talked about."

Cassino says he’s been disappointed by reporters calling him up to talk about the survey but ultimately not really understanding the intricacies of the findings. (Like some people on these boards who we'll avoid naming.)

“The results that get publicized have little to do with the results of the survey,” says Cassino. “There is a bias towards sensationalism. They are trying to find the biggest sexiest story that will make a flash, even if that means distorting the news.”
So when FOX pointed out that Al Gore was lying ... that's a bad thing?
Whoever came up with the idea of keeping live animals in cages or large enclosures for public exhibition should have been thrown to the dogs anyway.
I'm not sure what Al Gore lied about. but here seems to be a saner view of what is going on with the Polar Bear poplulation: http://www.skepticalscience.com/polar-bears-global-warming.htm
[quote]On Sep 14, 2014, tommy wrote:
Whoever came up with the idea of keeping live animals in cages or large enclosures for public exhibition should have been thrown to the dogs anyway. [/quote]
So domesticating any animal is a horrible thing..and all of those goldfish, parakeets, turtles, and house cats need to all be set free????? :bunny:
Oh .. and bunnies too!!!!
Did you hear what happened to the goldfish?
[quote]On Sep 14, 2014, Slim King wrote:
[quote]On Sep 14, 2014, tommy wrote:
Whoever came up with the idea of keeping live animals in cages or large enclosures for public exhibition should have been thrown to the dogs anyway.[/quote]
So domesticating any animal is a horrible thing..and all of those goldfish, parakeets, turtles, and house cats need to all be set free????? :bunny:
Oh .. and bunnies too!!!![/quote]
I must have missed the part where the zookeepers were working to domesticate the polar bears.

Please repost that link.
[quote]On Sep 14, 2014, Slim King wrote:
So when FOX pointed out that Al Gore was lying ... that's a bad thing? [/quote]

Yes. Because they were the only news station to tell the truth and expose him.
Maybe they didn't like Gore giving them competition in the lying department.
[quote]On Sep 16, 2014, ed rhodes wrote:
Maybe they didn't like Gore giving them competition in the lying department. [/quote]

Either way, nice you agree Gore lied......
They're better off in the wild.

[img]http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110420052524/uncyclopedia/images/1/12/Polarbear.gif[/img]
How about the baby seals and walruses that they eat ... Oh ... The only bear that stalks humans as a food source.... just sayin'.... :snowman:
Spare us the Gore details.
That's because the least informed views, as propagated by Fox news on a daily basis, are inevitably repeated as facts here on NVMS by those who receive their only news from FOX and right-wing talk radio. [/quote]

I saw some exceptionally uninformed views around here from those who can't stand Fox News and apparently got their views from news sources on the left, as well. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Fox that said that everybody's health insurance costs would decrease after the ACA passed, for instance.
[quote]On Sep 16, 2014, Slim King wrote:
How about the baby seals and walruses that they eat ... Oh ... The only bear that stalks humans as a food source.... just sayin'.... :snowman: [/quote]

Many many years ago I did some work in the Arctic. The company I worked for hired "bear monitors" while we were working in the installation. Inuit with rifles were hired just to watch for polar bears, and shoot if any came by. Never heard them fire a shot, but it was a very odd experience.
Watch Iceland's Bardarbunga volcano erupt under the Northern Lights

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/watch-icelands-bardarbungavolcano-erupt-under-the-northern-lights-9736248.html
[quote]On Sep 16, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:

I saw some exceptionally uninformed views around here from those who can't stand Fox News and apparently got their views from news sources on the left, as well. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Fox that said that everybody's health insurance costs would decrease after the ACA passed, for instance. [/quote]

Fox told my father that the POTUS said he wouldn't lose his health insurance..... He and 6 million others lost theirs ... Is that the FOX you are talking about guys?
:applause:

And the Polar bears...
http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/04/29/climate-change-polar-bears-threatened-too-much-arctic-ice
Another interesting article by FOX- 41% of 603 small business owners said they have delayed hiring because of the federal healthcare law. One in five already cut hours, while 20% have reduced payroll.

Mercer, a human resources consulting company, said its own survey found that 12% of all U.S. employers reported plans to reduce workers’ hours as a direct result of the Affordable Care Act. The impact was more pronounced in the retail and hospitality industries, with 20% of employers saying they will cut part-time hours.

Hmmm. Can't be true- all these 603 small businesses are lying because it's FOX reporting it.

Article here: http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2013/09/11/with-eye-on-obamacare-companies-move-to-cut-workers-hours/
Another article saying almost the same thing- WHAT- not from FOX? Can't be! See here; http://www.gallup.com/poll/162386/half-small-businesses-think-health-law-bad.aspx
[quote]On Sep 16, 2014, RNK wrote:
Maybe they didn't like Gore giving them competition in the lying department. [/quote]

Either way, nice you agree Gore lied...... [/quote]

Actually, I was just being snarky. I don't know for a fact that Gore lied. I [i][b]do[/i][/b] know that Fox News lies, they even went to court to defend the right.
Do you know magicians?
[quote]On Sep 17, 2014, ed rhodes wrote:
[quote]On Sep 16, 2014, RNK wrote:

Either way, nice you agree Gore lied...... [/quote]

Actually, I was just being snarky. I don't know for a fact that Gore lied. I [i][b]do[/i][/b] know that Fox News lies, they even went to court to defend the right. [/quote]

Really? And I thought you had come to the realization like the majority of Americans did about Gore.

My bad....
There is one thing you can't accuse Al Gore of which is he got into national politics as a police agent, rewarded with a seat in Congress for running a racist FBI frame-up against an African American political leader, who was trying to stop Nashville police from destroying the community by allowing unhindered narcotics trafficking and prostitution.
Ummm ok. who can we accuse of that then? curious minds want to know.
So there are actually folks here on this thread that still defend Al Gores LIES?????
I pretty much think that the basic problem is this.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a6YdNmK77k
I voted for Al as did the majority of americans. Unfortunately we got stuck with Bush's lies, which we will be paying for as a nation and as a planet for generations.
OK but you can't accuse Al Gore of being caught red-handed blocking the delivery of cheaper drugs to fight AIDS to South Africa and also being on record, particularly in his 1992 book Earth in the Balance: Ecology and the Human Spirit, advocating radical population reduction—even if it means the spreading of pandemic killer diseases such as AIDS to achieve that reduction.