(Close Window)
Topic: Galaxy
What is the difference between Galaxy and Out of this World? I am familiar with OOTW, but I was wondering how Galaxy differs in its effect. Thanks.
Galaxy IS Out of this World! It is Paul Harris handling of the original OOTW by Paul Curry. It is definitely an improvement.

Shahin
Right, that's what I've heard, but from the spectator's perspective, what actually happens differenty?
For one thing, the participant gets to shuffle the cards.
Ted (Leondo)
Paul Harris' version does away with the counting.
Andre
Differences for audience:

1. The spectator or magician may riffle shuffle the deck before beginning.

2. There is no stopping mid-way through and brining in 'leader cards'.

Differences for magician:

1. No mental counting. Performer is free to patter and interact with the audience while spectator deals.

2. A bold switch is made near the end, but it's deceptive and dead-easy to do.
Cool thanks. Sounds like something I'll want to look into. Everyone raves about it!
I'm eager to learn Galaxy as well. The only place I've found it is on Harris' Stars of Magic video series. I really learn much better with a DVD (starting, stopping, instant replay, etc.) Does anyone know if Galaxy is featured on any DVD that's out?

:bikes:
I don't believe it's on a DVD. I would recommend the corresponding AOA book. The instructions in AOA for Galaxy are very clear and it's not that difficult to pick up, as the routine requires moves, not difficult sleights.