(Close Window)
Topic: New cups and balls!
Hey fellow cup enthusiasts. My first set of cups and balls arrive tomorrow; I can't wait! I'm curious...when you get your cups out of the package, what is the very first thing you do with them? I would like to hear everyone's personal experience.
David ... I like to line them up and compare each Cup to their brothers. Then I like to examine the mouth beads; they differ so much from maker to maker.

Then of course I take them for a test ride.

I Lways give them agood cleaning to remove anything left over from the sinning process... That way they will form a even brown patina.

if they are a Combo set, spend some time tweeking withe th gaffes ball to get it to what feels and works best for you.

Have fun,
Bruce
Thanks Bruce. They should arrive when I get home today. What do you do for a test drive?
David... The standard stuff burn outs and pop wheelies... LOL

I run through the Vernon routine... And Cup through Cup kind of stuff.

With Combo Cups I always try the vanish from a ball on top of a Cup placing another Cup on top of it and seeing it disappear.

You will have fun when the Cups arrive!

Bruce
LOL thanks Bruce. :cups:
Message: Posted by: cupsandballsmagic (Oct 16, 2014 01:11PM)
I tend to drill holes in them and fill them with soil... plant a few seeds ;)
LOL blasphemy...
I have seen some big Gary Animal Cups used as blocks holding up a VW Bug as it was being worked on.
I stack and unstack, do flustration counts repeatedly listening to the sound of metal on metal.
Funny you should mention the sound that the Cups make... I do the same and listen.

Bruce
All my cups share a strange feature related to sound.

In each set, two are tuned to the the same note, with the third cup a semi-tone [half-step] higher.

That's one Sherwood and three RNT2 sets. My old set, which I gave to a friend, just went "plunk".