(Close Window)
Topic: "Adyton" (New iOS App), Released!
Hello Magic Café members!
I'm very exciting to announce you the release of my new magic app, "Adyton"!

Adyton is a universal iOS app. That means that it is designed for both iPhone & iPad running the latest iOS version (8.1 or later) .
It is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus!

Adyton on the App Store : https://itunes.apple.com/app/id945744734
The official website of Adyton : http://adyton.onetwo.gr

Adyton is a professional, mind reading magic trick app. An inaccessible secret to anyone but you that will captivate your audience and blow their mind away!

>The effect:

-Show your iPhone/iPad, screen turned off (!), and ask your audience to name one card (or pick one from a deck of cards).
-Any card...
-Now ask THEM to touch the screen of your device while concentrating on their choice.
-Their chosen card is starting to appear on the screen in a mystrerious fade in effect!

The perfection of simplicity in performance makes this magic trick the best of its kind! A seemingly impossible prediction since you let your audience to interact with your device!

Your audience will never suspect that an app was involved so all of the credit goes to you and not your iPhone/iPad! (stealth feature).

>Adyton is unique and, unlike many other professional magic apps available on the store, has NO Limitations!

-The magician NEVER touches the screen, not a single touch after the audience's choice!
-NO internet connection
-NO other devices
-NO GSM Network
-NO Wi-Fi or Bluetooth access
-NO "leave and pick your device at somepoint later" tricks
-NO additional items or assistant required
-NO microphone (voice recognition)
-NO camera (optical recognition)

You can perform Adyton to anyone - anytime - anywhere! Feel free to integrate it with your current magic routine!

>Seven pages of interactive tutorial included, with practice mode capability, to practice Adyton before your public performance!

The price for this app is $36.99. I think that this is the balance point between "too expensive to buy" and "too cheap for a professional magic app to give away its secret", and I am confident you will think it is a good value too.
I am very open to ideas and suggestions for improvements or additions and that's why I've created a dedicated contact form on Adyton's Official Website. So feel free to shoot me a message!

This app has been heavily tested and optimized for professional magicians but there is always a possibility that we 've missed an issue just like any other new app! So please, if you come across anything (to fix or improve) just let me know ASAP!

Jannis
Do you have any performance videos?
In my opinion far to much for just a card revelation
I am going to have to agree with rasp
Just one question can your spectator write the card down without you, him or anybody naming it out loud?
[quote]On Dec 18, 2014, Josh Clarke wrote:
Do you have any performance videos? [/quote]

Hi Josh, Adyton has been on the App Store for only one week and we are working hard for a preview video trailer of the trick! I will post the video here when it will be ready! Till then you can have a sneak peek of Adyton here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oq3Pw6hqOY

[quote]On Dec 18, 2014, rasp wrote:
In my opinion far to much for just a card revelation [/quote]

Hi Rasp, I agree with you, card revelation tricks should cost less BUT... show me one card revelation trick that costs less (or even more) without limitations like "need internet connection" or "leave and pick your device at somepoint later" ... you know what I mean ;) Plus, Adyton does not require the magician to even touch the screen!

[quote]On Dec 18, 2014, ArtIn wrote:
Just one question can your spectator write the card down without you, him or anybody naming it out loud? [/quote]

Hi there Artin! Feel free to ask more than one question if you like :) Yes of course. No need to name it loud (no voice recognition)!
The spectator doesn't care if you don't have internet connection
I admit, the performance video looks good, but I've been tricked before ... I'm waiting to see a performance video with a spectator.
I think it looks very clean and I have to admit, I'm a little bit excited. But, I think my excitement is more about the method than the effect if I'm really honest.

Good luck Jannis

Myke
X
[quote]On Dec 18, 2014, Myke Phillips wrote:
I think it looks very clean and I have to admit, I'm a little bit excited. But, I think my excitement is more about the method than the effect if I'm really honest.

Good luck Jannis

Myke
X [/quote]

Hi Myke! Thanks and trust me, as I said, "The perfection of simplicity in performance makes this magic trick the best of its kind!"

The reason that we've decided to keep the effect "clean & simple" is because we want to give you (the magician) the chance to take all the credit not the phone itself! ;) But I am very open to ideas and suggestions for improvements or additions !!
Bought it. Initial thoughts aren't great but I will need to practice. The input method is knacky.
Message: Posted by: SmaltrabTheAverage (Dec 18, 2014 06:08PM)
Hi all.

Having spoken to Ioannis in the welcome section, and myself having a connection with Greece,I've took it upon myself to download it for the benefit of Café members.
Just to clarify, I don't know Ioannis other than he is Greek, and I love Greece.

The effect:
A card is chosen or named, and the spectator can touch the screen to reveal the card. The cards are of a bicycle tiger deck in appearance, but in HD.

Usability after 4 hours:
There are certainly some things that could be changed to make this effect even more usable. However, I feel in my routine that this can be a very powerful addition to a routine using the invisible deck, a double revelation, but is also stand alone a great effect.
The app is very clever, and there is actually no set up other than opening the app.
The only thing that is required of course is to know what the card is so you can reveal it. Whether it is named aloud, or peeked from a wallet.

The app is very nicely designed, and has clear and concise instructions.
You will find that some cards are much easier to reveal than others, and I will be making suggestions for consideration to make certain revelations easier than others.

It is not simply an app that you will download and use instantly, it does require practice.

Will I use it in my working routine?
Yes, although not straight away. It will need more practice.

Is it advertised fairly?
With all the demos being a bit misleading these days, I do feel it does what is advertised which is nice. Having presented it somewhat poorly to my wife to be, she was puzzled to say the least. It's not obvious how it's done, and it doesn't jump out that it's a "magical app".

Value for money:
This will be a big talking point. I see why people will feel it is too much for an app. This could be released to the average Joe, but I think the price will keep it just for magicians, and it's clear a lot of work has gone into this app.
I'm quite happy that I paid the price for it, as I know this eventually has a place in my routine. For others I would say it may need to be a little cheaper.
6 out of 10.

Overall, this is great. Very clever, and with a few minor tweaks on performance usability this will be a stunning app.

7 out of 10 with potential for an 8 or 9!
I like apps that duplicate iPhone functions because they seem like normal phone interactions. This app makes a card image fade in when the phone is touched. To me, that screams "magic app" very loudly.
I am very reluctant to even think about buying this...
I like apps that duplicate iPhone functions because they seem like normal phone interactions. This app makes a card image fade in when the phone is touched. To me, that screams "magic app" very loudly. [/quote]

Spot on. that's the ONLY thing that's really off with the advertising - the claim that the magician gets all the credit. Just not true.

But otherwise it's pretty honest advertising.
The risk of doing mistake with this app is bigger than the rest of mind reading apps out there. At least I know a few. But yes you can make it up with more and more practice. Maybe this app is just not my thing. I'm not sure I will be happy with my purchase. Since it's quite expensive, I guess I should practice my hardest to use this. Maybe I'll change my mind after that.

For improvements, I wish there'll be more than just 1 effect of reveal. Some people like simplicity of fade, some is-- prefer something else. And also the card face, I wish there'll be options to customize what kind of card face I'm going to use. Personally, I like old vintage E deck.
After a while I found using this with iPad is more difficult than using it with an iPhone. I dunno it's a bug or it just harder to do.

I just thought on something, is there practice mode for this app? So it'll be more easy to practice.

Cheers!
Message: Posted by: SmaltrabTheAverage (Dec 19, 2014 08:29AM)
I've tried this a few more times since buying, and it really is working great. The only thing I'd say is because you'll notice hearts and clubs are easier to reveal, that a North South East and West would be easier. i.e north hearts, south clubs etc.

But I've just tried with 8 hearts and nailed it every time.
[quote]On Dec 19, 2014, SmaltrabTheAverage wrote:
I've tried this a few more times since buying, and it really is working great. The only thing I'd say is because you'll notice hearts and clubs are easier to reveal, that a North South East and West would be easier. i.e north hearts, south clubs etc.

But I've just tried with 8 hearts and nailed it every time. [/quote]
Markos many thanks for the review!

Adyton was made for professional magicians in mind that's why practice is required but the result is quite amazing ;)

I like apps that duplicate iPhone functions because they seem like normal phone interactions. This app makes a card image fade in when the phone is touched. To me, that screams "magic app" very loudly. [/quote]

Josh (Clarke) keep in mind that only the spectator touches the (previously tested by him) turned off screen.. The magician does not interact with it at all. That is the main difference between Adyton and the other mind reading apps available!

[quote]On Dec 19, 2014, daniltan wrote:
The risk of doing mistake with this app is bigger than the rest of mind reading apps out there. At least I know a few. But yes you can make it up with more and more practice. Maybe this app is just not my thing. I'm not sure I will be happy with my purchase. Since it's quite expensive, I guess I should practice my hardest to use this. Maybe I'll change my mind after that.

For improvements, I wish there'll be more than just 1 effect of reveal. Some people like simplicity of fade, some is-- prefer something else. And also the card face, I wish there'll be options to customize what kind of card face I'm going to use. Personally, I like old vintage E deck. [/quote]
Hi Danitltan, keep practicing and you will find out that it is much more easier than you think! My advice is firstly, to work on the device you want to perform the trick the most and then move on to the other one (ipad/iphone).The algorithm is slightly different due to different sizes optimization! I like your ideas about customization though ;)
[quote]On Dec 19, 2014, JannisGk wrote:
Josh (Clarke) keep in mind that only the spectator touches the (previously tested by him) turned off screen.. The magician does not interact with it at all. That is the main difference between Adyton and the other mind reading apps available![/quote]
I think you misunderstood my point. I'm sure your app works perfectly fine, in just the way you describe. My problem is that there is no real function on an iPhone that would cause an image to fade in on a locked screen. Therefore, I think the spectator will naturally, and rightfully come to the conclusion that it is an app. Take Photo Prediction for example. A predicted image is found in your Photos app. This is a normal interaction with the basic functions of the iPhone. Now, if the iPhone had a feature that allowed the lock screen to fade in when touched, your app would seem more believable. I'm not trying to speak badly of you or your app and I applaud you for creating a new idea. It just doesn't seem to be for me and, at its current price, I'm not willing to find out for sure. I do agree, though, that the price keeps the trick in the hands of magicians.
We should make it clear you do interact with the phone (obviously) just not the screen as the OP keeps posting. I think in the interest of fairness that deserves to be said.
What I do with this app is explaining first that when the display is off, it can only turn on by pressing either the home button or the lock button. Nothing will happen if I touch the screen. And so I start tapping on the screen to show them nothing happens. I too let the spec tapping on the screen. Also, after the reveal, I took a little bit of time and then make the card disappear from the screen and I ask them to touch the screen again. Nothing happens. I've blown up my friend's mind with this app today. He's unable to explain what exactly happen.

If you say this app screams, magic app, the answer is Yes. With a note the spec unable to explain how the app is involved. It's a new experience for me. Is more like a magician's guilt if you nailed the routine. And do the magician or the iPhone gets the credit? My answer depends how you introduce the routine to the spec. I'm trying not to appear like I'm depending on my phone to do this. I'm simply going to use the screen. And the image they'll see is not coming from the phone. I project it with as I will through their touch. When I'm not willing it's just a dead screen.

P.S. Airplane mode needs to turn ON before you perform this routine.
I tried this out on 100 people, and 79 said it must be a cool new magic app. Do not buy this, it is obvious this is just an app doing the work for the performer!!!

Regards,
Mike
Adyton 1.3 is out and 25% off !! Thanks a lot for your support and some great ideas !!! So stay tuned for more ;)

@Mike our philosophy is not making dummy interfaces or easy-to-guess wireless based technics (emails, urls, second device control etc), like many other magic trick apps out there, but to challenge the audience's intelligence by presenting an illusion so unique that has never experienced before in a phone! I do respect your opinion though but please focus on this and don't tell other people what to do (or don't). I'll be glad to help you with your performance so send me a pm providing more details! Thanks!
No matter what I do I cannot get back to the instructions, short of deleting and re-installing. And have not had one bit of luck getting any card picked. :(
I understand the need for practice, but this is ridiculous.

Preston
You get 5secs to enter the "secret menu" everytime you opening the app. Or you can 2x press your home button and swipe up the app to close it. And try opening the app again. I hope this will help.
@daniltan Thanks ;)

@jaizon Of course you can (and you need) to practice Adyton! Just follow the instructions @daniltan gave you ;) Of course these are described in the tutorial too (page 1)! Please PM me for further details!
I have spent six hours just trying to get this to work properly and have had zero success. I am more than a little dissatisfied with this and would like a refund. Please advise. Thank you.
I am happy to announce you that ADYTON 2.0 Update is on its way with some great add ons ;) Thanks a lot for all the great ideas you are sharing with me everyday! As I've said there is a dedicated contact form on Adyton's Official Website (top right corner of the page). So feel free to shoot us a message!

http://adyton.onetwo.gr

Follow Us on Twitter for the upcoming announcement of the Official Adyton 2.0 Release!

https://twitter.com/onetwogr

Thanks!

@jaizon OMG you must be doing it all wrong! You can't find the way to enter the secret menu and read the instructions, when all you have to do is to press the button at the center of the launch screen that says "SECRET MENU" with big orange letters... no wonder why you spend six hours to make Adyton work and still failed...!! Adyton is certainly not for you in any case :) I have sent you a Private Message for full refund details. Case ended. Thanks.
JannisGk.......... you have just nailed your own coffin with your last post re Jaizon ...... I would never buy anything from you or anyone else with customer ethics like yours!!
@rasp stay on topic. Full refund to an unsatisfied customer that called the situation(???) "ridiculous" and ignored what I've told him (to send a PM/email/or use the Official Contact Form for help or refund issues) choosing to continue making public posts for refund...., is called right ethics. It's nothing personal for me. I am OK with @jaizon, at least he bought the app....that doesn't mean I agree with whatever he says! Magic Café is not customer support page for refunds! There is a Dedicated Official Page for Adyton so it looks quite suspicious to make posts like yours in topics that just presents new apps. Sorry, but this is the first and the last time I respond to such posts. End of story.
It was on topic....... This forum is titled 'APPealing or APPalling'
@jaizon, could you tell us which is happen? The app is not working properly or the app is not working properly for you? You certainly get you full refund, so it's not hurt to tell us, right? I don't think you still couldn't get into the secret menu. My guess is you couldn't get the card displayed correctly. Well I have to admit, it's kinda knacky. But I wouldn't say that the app not working properly.

@jannis, I think you jump to that conclusion too soon. I'm also wondering why jaizon demands his refund. But you should relate the "why" to your app, not to your personal emotion. I didn't see jaizon offend you personally.

@rasp, make love, not make war. Shall we?

I don't have any relation to jannis beside a customer of his apps (Adyton & DarkForce). Personally, I think he is one of a kind inventor. He thinks outside the box and he made a really unique apps. Now, regarding to Adyton. As I agree with most of people who already share about this app in top first page. The input is rather knacky one. I don't like it first, but I do like it afterward. If you perform it perfectly to an iPhone addict, you will be surprise to see their reaction.
I would love to seek video performance of effect, otherwise, its too frustrating
[quote]On May 11, 2015, rmecsw wrote:
I would love to seek video performance of effect, otherwise, its too frustrating [/quote]

[quote]On Dec 19, 2014, JannisGk wrote:
Hi Josh, Adyton has been on the App Store for only one week and we are working hard for a preview video trailer of the trick! I will post the video here when it will be ready! Till then you can have a sneak peek of Adyton here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oq3Pw6hqOY [/quote]

The sneak peek is the video performance of this effect minus the spectator, though. But the way you perform to spectators is exactly the same with the sneak peek video. I hope I didn't confuse you.
Yes, a real world live performance would be something to see, but......hahahahahahahah

You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Somebody once said that.
@rmecsw as @daniltan said ... "what you see.. is what you get". The performance is exactly the same! We have plans for videos in front of live audience and we are now working hard for Adyton 2.0 with some great add-ons on the original illusion! The update will be available for existing Adyton's owners too FREE of charge!
Great news! Thanks for the update :-)
The effect is simple but amazing to me. There are thousands of ways to reveal a card with an IPhone, but you choose the most difficult way to do it. I tried 3 hours to practice it. 90% will success. But when I perform to the specs, 10% success. Because U should calculate everything exactly for the APP, you should keep calm(without any nervous) and keep your hand motionless to perform. One of my friends has to perform on the table to make it work. 😭
Actually you can make it more easier by doing a multiple outs. You can check with the instructions: A-2-3-5-7-9-J-Q-K either with Spade, Club, Heart or Diamond. That's a 9x4 outs-- 36 outs of 52 cards. Not so bad right?
Sorry, folks. This is not ready for prime time. Not even close. Save your money and time.
[quote]On Jun 8, 2015, Peter Cai wrote:
The effect is simple but amazing to me [/quote] Thanks Peter! Let me say that I think that you are a great performer of both Adyton and DF ;)

[quote]On Jun 8, 2015, daniltan wrote:
Actually you can make it more easier by doing a multiple outs. You can check with the instructions: A-2-3-5-7-9-J-Q-K either with Spade, Club, Heart or Diamond. That's a 9x4 outs-- 36 outs of 52 cards. Not so bad right? [/quote]

Daniel, wait a few days till the update comes out and you'll be surprised... :D ;) Thanks a lot , one more time, for your amazing and truly helpful feedback! I love your ideas and the way you are thinking! Can't wait for you to "experience" our 3rd magic app too in a few days! :D
Thank you Jannis for your kind word. Can't wait for your updates and new stuff coming :-)
And still no real world video. I wonder why?
If you are waiting for a real world video (no stooges) that fulfills the hype for this - don't hold your breath. There has to be a reason. Caveat emptor, in spades.
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgVCWWYWQAI9sYY.jpg[/img]

Adyton 3.0 is [b]now available[/b] on the App Store...

Click here to download:
[url=https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adyton-professional-mind-reading/id945744734][img]http://adyton.onetwo.gr/Adyton2_App.png[/img][/url]

...and more powerful than ever!

[b]Better, Faster, Stronger[/b]

Adyton's main algorithm has been completely redesigned! It is now easier than ever to perform the trick due to the deep learning capability that has been implemented.

[b]Introducing "Power Mode"[/b]

You can now reveal the selected card [b]while your phone is in your audience's hands[/b]! Touching the screen is [b]no longer required[/b] and some really cool "secret" features and customizations are just waiting for you to discover them!

[b]Noticeable performance improvements and UI Updates.[/b]

[i]Thank you all for your support and hope you will enjoy this huge update as much as we do![/i] ;)
Another one from me-- I just happen to have DB's Transformation Deck. To everyone who has this deck must already related it now with Adyton. The good thing about this (now become my favorite card routine), I don't have to do much to the phone (because of the power mode + the way of the app work that you'll understand if you have the app) and the phone stay visible on the table from the start 'till the end.

Anyway the routine basically about a magic deck of card that the magic can transfer to a "sleep" iPhone. So when the magic transfered (by waving the deck on top of the phone) to the phone the deck is become a normal deck (after rifling the cards in the deck toward the spec, he will choose a card). Without the magician need to touch the phone-- let the spec think the card and touch the phone's screen. The selection card revealed on the screen. Waving the phone on top of the deck will make the magic transfer back to the deck (the revelation will vanish from the phone. Then we show that the phone is sleep again). For the finale we rifle the deck to show that all the card in the deck change into what supposed to be a random spec's choice of card.
Almost a year since my last post on this pile of CR@p and still no live video. CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!!
I seem to remember the price being quite a bit higher before. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.
[quote]On Jun 5, 2016, jaizon wrote:
Almost a year since my last post on this pile of CR@p and still no live video. CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!! [/quote]

I don't think there ever will be. Why the hate, mate? I bought this app since its first out with some other ppl in the Café. Without asking for live performance video and not complaining as hard as you. Btw, if I'm not mistaken, you asked and received the refund. So, why the hate, mate?
Don't project your ideas onto me. Trying to cast me as a "hater" is a slimy tactic. Where is the video?....
Are you asking it from me? I'm not even the developer nor a working magician. I'm a hobbyists and this app works wonderfully for me. No, I'm not projecting you into anything. I'm just asking a question. You've your money back for not liking the app. But you're still like waiting for something from the developer. If you're still interested on the app and want to buy it again after you see the live video, my suggestion is for you to contact the developer directly. I'm just replying this to you because I have no idea what you're into here. The thing that you posted here were not even look like a discussion to me.
If I could see a real time video (no cuts) I might buy it. But I'm not expecting that.
It's definitely knacky and takes practice. Also, the dimmer function stays dim requiring a reset to normal phone use (at least on the version I got).
[quote]On Jun 14, 2017, MultiSlacker wrote:
It's definitely knacky and takes practice. Also, the dimmer function stays dim requiring a reset to normal phone use (at least on the version I got). [/quote]

The "dimmer function" bug will be fixed with the upcoming update. It will be released in the next few days ! ;) Thanks @MultiSlacker and please use the in-app contact form (Secret Menu --> About) to directly report any future bugs, make suggestions or ask anything, there is always an open line of communication between us and our customers!
Really sorry JannisGK for this feedback
But this App dose not work well and I have the latest version ! Without giving away the method, the color revelation is fine but for the values the method is not précis at all. No way for me to get some values correct!
I have to agree with some of these posts it is really not worth the price that is high. I was waiting for a mot accurate and precise method!
Sorry JannisGK, I thought I had to put this feedback because of the price.
Well we have all experienced some bad purchases in magic and unfortunately it's the same for smartphone apps now!
I have to agree with Jaizon I don't know if this possible in real world, that's the reason why there's no video on real audience.
Really sorry that you couldn't get the best out of Adyton Pourang65. Any feedback (bad or good) from anyone is welcomed but please speak for yourself. Speaking as a "we" --> "we have all experienced....." is saying a lot of the purpose of your post. You can always ask for a refund in smartphones apps you know or you could at least send me a pm here (or even better use the inside-app contact form) for help instead. Sorry Pourang65 that you didn't. That reminds me of the other person you agree with and you are extensively referring him to your post...

So I won't continue this conversation here. Our team is always here to support our customers and even now I am encouraging you to contact me by using the in-app contact form and I will help you to get the best out of Adyton (or even get a full refund if you are not satisfied)! It's your choice ;)
JannisGK
there is no purpose in my post beside saying that IMO this app is not worth the price! I've been using lots and lots of apps to be able to compare!
Don't worry! I don't mean to be rude and don't feel agressed it is just a critical feedback !
I won't ask for a refund its my problem if I buy something that is not useful for me!