(Close Window)
Topic: Automata 2
Our faithful Café friend Gary Jones is working on a follow up to the highly successful Automata DVD. Should be out within the next 6-8 weeks.

Chris Congreave has also agreed be part of the project again.

You heard it here first ;)

Scoopmaster J-Ferg
Gary Jones wrote about it on facebook (31st december). :)
Anyways, happy new year!
I would like to hear what routines are included there.
I actually knew about this before the 31st Dec, however out of respect for the creator I agreed to keep quiet until now.

So my scoop still stands as I had knowledge of this before the general public did.
Like the John Lewis of magic, never knowingly underscooped.
Sorry Jamie, what I meant was, Chris and I also shot another DVD with Dave Forrest but it's not a self-working DVD. We are doing another Automata project though, but it will be later in the year.

Gary.
Oh dear, Jamie, wrong yet again. Lol.
Looks like the Scoopmaster is losing his touch
Pooper scooper?
#scoopfail
Automata 2 IS coming out.

Gary confirmed it himself.

Original scoop still counts! :thumbsup:

#aheadofthecurve
You really are the scoop master Jamie, we only decided to do a second volume yesterday, so you even knew before we did :-)

Happy New Year to you!

Gary.
"Should be out in the next 6-8 weeks."

Yeh, cheers for that.
[quote]On Jan 5, 2015, gjmagic wrote:
You really are the scoop master Jamie, we only decided to do a second volume yesterday, so you even knew before we did :-)

Happy New Year to you!

Gary. [/quote]
He He, Happy New Year to you too Gary! :)
Only 24 posts to go
Just hope he keeps his promise

Happy New Year to you!

Gary. [/quote]
his scoops are like in film Minority Report where he knows they will happen before they do. I say keep on going scoopmaster and show us all what is happening in the future :)
[quote]On Jan 5, 2015, Raj Suman wrote:

Happy New Year to you!

Gary. [/quote]
his scoops are just reposts of stuff from a mailing list or from facebook and he is pointless [/quote]

Fixed your typo.
[quote]On Jan 5, 2015, 3ofclubs wrote:
#scooptastic [/quote]
i fixed your typo as well :lol:
Any news about this?
Is there a release date yet in the offing for Automata 2 ?

As well as Automata 2, I also heard that there is another Automata DVD coming out focusing just on Mental Effects.
Filming will begin in a few weeks time.

There will be mental effects on the DVD. One of the effects is a triple prediction effect and at the end of the effect the audience are left with your business card.

Also, there will NO playing card effects.

I'm really excited about this one.

Hope that answers your questions for now.

Scoop, over and out.
[quote]On May 31, 2015, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Filming will begin in a few weeks time.

There will be mental effects on the DVD. One of the effects is a triple prediction effect and at the end of the effect the audience are left with your business card.

Also, there will NO playing card effects.

I'm really excited about this one.

Hope that answers your questions for now.

Scoop, over and out. [/quote]

You have been reading my Facebook page Jamie :-)

Yes, Jamie is correct, there won't be any playing card effects on the DVD!

Gary.
Great to hear that :)
Sounds Great. Very Excited about A2 !

Does this include any more self working Coin Effects ! or Are the effects All or Mainly Mentalism ?
[quote]On Aug 24, 2015, MikeMgc wrote:
Sounds Great. Very Excited about A2 !

Does this include any more self working Coin Effects ! or Are the effects All or Mainly Mentalism ? [/quote]

The DVD includes 3 coin effects, one is my super easy and self-working coin bend, or double coin bend if you so wish. There is no switch of the coin, and it can bend in the spectator's hand, in your hand or in a purse which is being held by the spectator.

There are also two complete coin vanishes on the DVD, and both are self-working.....as are ALL of the routines on this set! And no card tricks!

Gary Jones.
Looking forward to this Gary

Mike Donoghue
Any release date? I will buy it!
Just got back from Gary's lecture in Sheffield...Superb!! :)

Paul Mc.
Has a release date been confirmed yet?
It's out already. Check out the other thread.
Thanks Chris. I did a search and this thread came up. The other is a duplicate.
Thanks Chris. I did a search and this thread came up. The other is a duplicate as this one was started first.
This release only got 2 out of 5 on the Alakazam site. Does anyone know why?
I've just taken a look and it's 2 stars for difficulty, not for a review.
A nice DVD with something for everyone. Even if you do not use some of the tricks it may teach you principles for your own routines.

AMAZING BUSINESS - Triple prediction with business cards!
A triple prediction which leaves them with your business card. Gary suggests some nice variants - e.g. lottery tickets. For me this in some way epitomises the DVD. Tricks are put out there which you can use straight away but with suggestions of variants to increase the applicability and to encourage creativity. Nice trick

EARWORM - Reveal a song they’re thinking of!
You have a stack of billets with an artist and song on. They pick a billet and you tell them what they are thinking of. Very procedural but I am uncertain whether the procedure enhances the trick (they shuffle, they cut etc) or whether a more direct method (e.g. a classic force) would be stronger. I have a funny feeling the procedure may make it stronger but I would need to test it real world.

WEIRD WALLET - Three chances to win...they never do!
Nice trick with a good variation suggested for match boxes and children's parties. Again ticks are put out there which you can use straight away but with suggestions of variants to increase the applicability and to encourage creativity.

MY HERO - Which comic book superhero are you?
With a little thought there is an opportunity for some banter here.

PEEKY BLINDER - A three part mentalism spectacular!
Three spectators each draw a picture of their choice on the back of a business card (3 cards total), you match the item to the spectator

FIXED QUOTE - Did somebody say self working book test?
Very procedural but powerful, the kicker ending makes it worthwhile.

CHIP SHOT - Poker chip through table!
Very quick, direct, loved this.

P.O.A - Self working coin vanish...and reappearance?
Nice application of two methods, a keeper.

NO LUCK - Predict the outcome of three dice...almost!
They roll three dice, you predict the result, off by one.

AQUA RING - Houdini’s water torture escape, close-up!
A ring is tied onto a dental floss loop, the spectator checks the ring and the knot. The ring on the loop is lowered into a cup, the ring is revealed to be free. This is absolutely awesome. Gary Jones should either be given a knighthood or burned at the stake. With a little thought you can find your own variations.

LEAD FREE - Self working coin bend, anyone??
There are some subtleties on the handling of this that are just gorgeous! Congratulations Mr Jones and Mr Forrest.

So that's my review. I think everyone can find something they will like and will gain some useful knowledge of some general principles they may not have been aware of.
Re Fixed Quote, it would be helpful if they could supply the ISBN no for the book they used. I ordered one from Amazon but it was not the right edition with the required numbering system. Otherwise the trick is not able to be done. It is a very strong effect if the right book is used.
You can do it with any book. the numbers are the lines down, number of words in or whatever. Or just ask them to count. Focus on the solution not the problem and you will find one that suits :)
[quote]On Nov 2, 2015, RedHatMagic wrote:

AQUA RING - Houdini’s water torture escape, close-up!
A ring is tied onto a dental floss loop, the spectator checks the ring and the knot. The ring on the loop is lowered into a cup, the ring is revealed to be free. This is absolutely awesome. Gary Jones should either be given a knighthood or burned at the stake. With a little thought you can find your own variations.

LEAD FREE - Self working coin bend, anyone??
There are some subtleties on the handling of this that are just gorgeous! Congratulations Mr Jones and Mr Forrest.

[/quote]

Thank you for the review Danny, very much appreciated!

Aqua Ring works great for parlour type gigs, or when you have guests at home...or down the pub and in Cafés! (I have also used it at the tables) The the coin bend is just about as easy as it gets!

Although it states that there are 11 effects on this DVD, there are a load more on the explanations. Many of the effects use methods which can be adapted to many other effects, and everything on here is 100% self-working!

Gary Jones.
Http://www.bicycle-cards.co.uk/2015/11/06/automata-2-review/
Thanks for your review Danny. And for sharing mine :-) It is a great release. Often volume 2s are the b-list material, but not the case here. Roll on Vol 3!
Is this being distributed in the US anywhere?