(Close Window)
Topic: RNT2
I got my new Mendoza Combo Cups " antique bronze" from RNT2 a few days ago. I've been wanting these for a while. But they were out of stock. So I emailed Donnie at RNT2 to see when they will be back in stock. To my surprise Donnie told me he will make a set for me that week. I just want to say that this was my first time I ever bought anything from Donnie. And for him to go out of his way to please me shows me what kind of man he is. He has make me a loyal customer. I will come back to RNT2 for all my Cups And Balls needs.

Emmett :applause:
Welcome to the "We love Donnie and RNT2" club. You are joining hundreds of previous members.
I've been waiting a year and half for Donnie to restock the Don Alan mini chop cups in 'antique bronze'. I've sent two emails in the last three months checking in to see what the status is; both emails went unanswered.

I finally gave up and ordered a mini Don in satin copper and some extra balls for other cup sets. I received my order this week. Everything is beautiful and so well made. So, if you're reading this Donnie, it's all good.
Antique Bronze needs a clear coat. I spent all last summer experimenting with new clears because I wasn't happy with lacquer.
Because my spray booth is not heated, I can't spray in the winter. When the weather gets warm enough to spray, I now have a solution, so next summer should see more Antique finishes.
Sorry for not responding to queries about items that are out of stock Scott. Most of those questions are just impossible to answer as I produce items in larger quantities now, and can't really be certain when I'm going to get to something that is out of stock. Signing up for Back In Stock Notification on an item is a sure way to get notified WHEN an item is back.
Thanks for the kind words Emmett!
And Wizard, you are hilarious!
We Clevelanders need to stick together :) Plus what I said is true. I loved the original Rings-N-Things, and respected their commitment to top of the line props. But you've taken RNT2 to another level regarding quality, knowledge, and customer service.

See you at Magi-Fest!!! I can't wait to see what you're bringing.
RNT2 rocks. Simply the best range of Cups and Balls. Customer service is second to [i]none[/i]. This is a business aimed at magicians who care about their gear. They cater to a range of prices, and barring Brett Sherwood items, they will pretty much provide what you want.

And if you look back on these threads, Donnie is an owner of Brett's cups, and he is a fan. There is no silly posturing, or b*tch*ng, just a proper collegiate attitude.

Vive la RNT2!
I think One person can really makes a diffrence. thanks Donnie
I have always had tip-top, first-class service from Donnie and RNT II. I ordered some extra ball sets from them this week and, as always, the service was professional and QUICK.

Thanks, Donnie.

Sean
I am a BIG fan of Rings 'N Things! I have a rare Paul Fox set made from stainless steel! I think it might have been made by a guy named Jake. Not sure. That was way pre-Donnie though. Today's technology is so superior, I can see things have advanced light years!

Really folks, Chop Cups, Cups & Balls, Balls of all colors and sizes. Incredible selection. You say, "Oh! Expensive!" Yeah. Save for it. These are not Morrissey cups! These are the real thing! I think the best value is getting a Combo set, and extra balls. That way, you get a regular Cups & Balls and a free Chop Cup.

http://www.rnt2.com/

Doug
Another vote for Donnie! Anyone looking for a new set of cups in just about every known make and model, and vintage reproduction PF cups should look no further. His selection of crochet balls are second to none with the exception of Brett Sherwood and that couple in France who manufacture crochet balls. I have some of Jake's PF cups and they are also superb.
[quote]On Jan 24, 2015, Dougini wrote:
I am a BIG fan of Rings 'N Things! I have a rare Paul Fox set made from stainless steel! I think it might have been made by a guy named Jake. Not sure. That was way pre-Donnie though. Today's technology is so superior, I can see things have advanced light years![/quote]

Your correct Doug; the Stainless Steel PF cups were made during Jake's time at RNT2 (pre Donnie).
Thank you Mr. Muggle! Good to see ya! :)

These were gifted to me a few years ago by a VERY generous and thoughtful member of the Café. Having recovered my magic (a miracle), I compared my Morrissey cups to these. Chevy Vega vs. Ferrari. The weight, the balance. The high quality knit balls. No comparison.

Doug
Donnie Buckley has been the best thing that has happened to Rings and Things since Mike Brazill founded the company. He is producing a huge variety of cups. Once I get the museum set back up again, I'll be ordering some new things from him.

He is a real gentleman to deal with.
[quote]On Feb 14, 2015, Bill Palmer wrote:
Donnie Buckley has been the best thing that has happened to Rings and Things since Mike Brazill founded the company. He is producing a huge variety of cups. Once I get the museum set back up again, I'll be ordering some new things from him.

He is a real gentleman to deal with. [/quote]

Bill,, was just wondering why you left our name in the list?

Best,
Jake
Hi Jake! Good to see ya! :)

Doug
[quote]On Mar 9, 2015, Dougini wrote:
Hi Jake! Good to see ya! :)

Doug [/quote]

Thank you Dougini, it's nice to be back.

Jake
Hey, Jake. Somebody told me you died! Wow, great that you're still around.

I bought many sets of cups from Jake, from Sisti cups to Mendoza, Bells of St. Marys, and many, many others. The set I've settled on, the last set I bought, is Jake's original design: the Foxy 2.5 cups, pictured on the cover of the Vernon Chronicles. They are perfect.
Jake, long time - no see!
[quote]On Mar 10, 2015, Tom Fenton wrote:
Jake, long time - no see! [/quote]

Hi Tom. Good to hear from you. All the best to you and your family.

Love,
Jake
[quote]On Mar 9, 2015, Ray Haining wrote:
Hey, Jake. Somebody told me you died! Wow, great that you're still around.

I bought many sets of cups from Jake, from Sisti cups to Mendoza, Bells of St. Marys, and many, many others. The set I've settled on, the last set I bought, is Jake's original design: the Foxy 2.5 cups, pictured on the cover of the Vernon Chronicles. They are perfect. [/quote]

Ray, good to hear from you and by rights I should of passed away. I've suffered 3 comas, all from a medication I was prescribled. I suffer from Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome. I've been in and out of coma's for the past few years.

My sons and daughters are taking over now.

If you read up on the disease, you'll find out just how lucky I am to be alive after one attack yet alone 3. I really do miss everyone here.

Love and Blessings,
Jake
Message: Posted by: cupsandballsmagic (Mar 10, 2015 11:13AM)
Jake,
It's good to see you back and even better to know that you're still with us!
Great to see you!
Bri
[quote]On Mar 10, 2015, cupsandballsmagic wrote:
Jake,
It's good to see you back and even better to know that you're still with us!
Great to see you!
Bri [/quote]

Thank you Bri, good to be back. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Blessings,
Jake
Jake... Always good to see an old friend. I hope you and your family are doing well.

Bruce
Jake, wonderful to see you around.

todd
Message: Posted by: cupsandballsmagic (Mar 10, 2015 06:17PM)
Todd, Bruce, Jake, Tom, Bill... It's like a reunion!
Hi Jake:

Good to see you back. Sounds like you've been through a lot. Wish you all the best from here on in.

Sean
("Fortasse")
Jake, wow. That is some serious **** you've been through.
I'm sending you some "Mad" Oz magic for what it's worth.
Glad to have you back, scary clowny-self and all.
Thank you for the well wishes and I'm very glad to be back to participate in discussions.
And to see everyone again.

Blessings,
Jake
It's awesome to have Jake back! Great wit and insights for this forum!
Bluesman:

How do you like your Mendoza Combo Cups? Mine are satin copper and I LOVE 'em. Fabulous cups!
Where's Bill Palmer been?
[quote]On Mar 11, 2015, Rainboguy wrote:
Bluesman:

How do you like your Mendoza Combo Cups? Mine are satin copper and I LOVE 'em. Fabulous cups! [/quote].

Well Rainboguy, my cups looks great! And I love the weight of them also. I have three routines work out so far.

Emmett
Hi Jake, Bill doesn't post like he used to around here. Man, I think of all the cups, chop cups, balls, and even a Benson Bowl that I ordered from you. I even have one of your silver/gold sets.

Best,
Tom
Thanks for the update Tom, hope you are doing well and still enjoying the items we made for you.

Sincerely,
Jake
Jake,

Really great to see you wandering through the halls Of the Café. I also had heard that you bit the big one, but glad to see that is not true.

As you may recall, my preference in cups was (and is) stainless steel. And I guess I bought most everything you had made from that material and still keep it in my small collection. I even have a set of your 10 inch linking rings.

I've told the story a number of times about your first Paul Fox cups that you made at Rings and Things 2. I thought they were fine, but they didn't come up to your standards, apparently, and you remade them and gave them to the original purchasers. I always appreciated that and still have both sets.

I'm glad to see that you may be getting some of your health issues under control.

Take care......
Steve
[quote]On Jan 24, 2015, Dougini wrote:
I am a BIG fan of Rings 'N Things! I have a rare Paul Fox set made from stainless steel! I think it might have been made by a guy named Jake. Not sure. That was way pre-Donnie though. Today's technology is so superior, I can see things have advanced light years!

Really folks, Chop Cups, Cups & Balls, Balls of all colors and sizes. Incredible selection. You say, "Oh! Expensive!" Yeah. Save for it. These are not Morrissey cups! These are the real thing! I think the best value is getting a Combo set, and extra balls. That way, you get a regular Cups & Balls and a free Chop Cup.

http://www.rnt2.com/

Doug [/quote]

Doug
thank you for the welcome back. It's nice to hear your review about the Stainless Steel PF cups I made. Before Don bought RNT 2, those PF cups had sold out years before.

Sincerely,
Mad Jake
Steve,
thank you for your welcome back, as I have told others, it's nice to be back while I can. I remember your liking stainless steel.
My son has given me permission to let this out publically, He will be opening back up this summer, if not a tad bit earlier.

He is starting out with a Delrin line of cups in just about ever color of the rainbow. Later on he'll be doing stainless again
and Nickel Chrome as well as copper. But not too soon. There will be a few sets that will be silver/gold plating.

I won't have much say in how he runs productions. The company is now his and named SBL and MJM.

The particular grade of colored resin, with a melting point of 150 degrees and like the other Delin will support up to 200lbs of pressure per cup.
That's all I can pretty much say.

i've been working on a 36 foot long lathe lately, repairing drive shaves for fishing charters. I had the lathe trucked down from Vermont, it
took 3 tracktor trailers to move the lathe down south. I about fainted when it arrived.

I'm sure Jake Jr. will make a post somewhere that his website is open.

Thanks for listening and letting me share.

Sincerely,
Mad Jake
Hey, Jake!

I didn't mean to leave you out at all. Of course your contributions to RnT2 were huge!

I'm glad you are back. I tried to contact you about a year or so ago, but you weren't there. I was worried, but I didn't want to cause any problems for anyone.

I'll send you a PM.

Take care,

Bill

[quote]On Mar 8, 2015, Mad Jake wrote:
[quote]On Feb 14, 2015, Bill Palmer wrote:

He is a real gentleman to deal with. [/quote]

Bill,, was just wondering why you left our name in the list?

Best,
Jake [/quote]
Recently picked up a 4 ball one inch set of the Blue Parakeet crochet balls and a one inch chopped set of the same color from Donnie. Fantastic! They look great with copper cups and shipped pretty fast; it doesn't get better than this.
I can't recommend Donnie's MAAS metal polish highly enough. Put a dab on a clean old worn out sock and sit down with a set of badly tarnished copper cups. With a little elbow grease you're on your way to a set of beautiful shiny cups.
Wow. Now that's all one hell of a bitter sweet blast from the past.