(Close Window)
Topic: Bizarre Penguin Lectures??
Over the last year or two, a lot of high profile mentalists have joined the magicians on the Penguin Live Lecture roster. And more recently a couple of guys from our beautiful bizarre scene have also joined the fray (Bill Montana and Eugene Berger are the two that spring immediately to mind).

But if you could have a wishlist of bizarre authors or creators you'd like to see featured, who would be on it.

For me, I'd love to see Paul Voodini, Prof BC, Todd Landman, Freddie Valentine, Paul Prater, Chris Gould featured. I also think Michael McDonald could blow minds and expand horizons.

And that's without even trying. So come on, who is on your list?

NB: I recognise that Penguin Live may not be the best platform for practitioners of our arts, but just go with it - if you could have a three-hour video lecture from one of your bizarre heroes, who would you pick?

And if not Penguin Live then what about another platform? Lebanon Circle Live anyone?
Everyone you said plus Aiden S, Christian Cagigal, Joe Diamond, Neil Tobin, David Parr, Dr
Rigamorto, Walt, Doc S, Jim Magus, the Curator, Roni, Kotah and more. I could go on for days.
Aleister Crowley
I've heard he stinks :p
Mat, Vlad too. I thought you'd already listed him, but realised it is just my sleep deprivation working its magic.
[quote]On Feb 6, 2015, Brynmore14 wrote:
I've heard he stinks :p [/quote]

He's probably stopped stinking by now.
All those mentioned above would be good. I would like to see Voodini and Valentine on together, that would be a lecture and a half and prof BC doing a lecture on how to age props would be great.
This is a great acknowledgment thread. The list is too long really.

Off the top of my head, without thinking, maybe a tie Prof BC & Roth.

Everyone mentioned is worthy that's for sure.
Crowley ha! Well you never know, you would pay to see him in a different way.

BC, Roth, Dan, Chris, Vic. Lets face it, if you know who they are by those names...
Michael McDonald and Neil Tobin also get my nod, just to keep the list short.
Don't forget Christian Chelman :)
[quote]On Feb 7, 2015, stephane.d wrote:
Don't forget Christian Chelman :) [/quote]

I didn't forget him, I just referred to him as the Curator :)
Christian Cagigal for me hand's down.
[quote]On Feb 7, 2015, stephane.d wrote:
Don't forget Christian Chelman :) [/quote]

Christian Chelman, yes! Capricornian Tales is a beautiful book. :bat:
I contacted Penguin a couple months ago and personally suggested David Parr and Jeff McBride (Close-up).

You can definitely put in my vote for 3 full hours of Jim Magus as well!

Other than that, I suppose if I rubbed a magik lamp and a genie granted me one wish it would be a "Penguin Live Sťance Lecture" for bizarrists and mizarrists ONLY, and featuring Rick Maue, Docc Hilford and Mark Edwards, all on the same stage together, and describing different types of Sťances, complete with underground "tricks of the trade" and performance ideas from A-to-Zig Zag Zig.
Michael MacDonald.
I think Weepin' Willie should introduce them with a bit of his embalming room humor.