(Close Window)
Topic: Richard Osterlind's Breakthrough Card System
Hi guys. For two years I have performed and worked with Richard Osterlind's Breakthrough Card System. He said in his book that this is more than a stack.

I personally loved it and it has served me well in getting recogniction as a real wizard haha.

I wanted to know if there is anyone out there who is using this too and what is your take on it?

Thanks, friends!
I always carry a deck in BCS order on me. Throw in some false shuffles and his effects are direct and hard-hitting.

If you like the BCS, and aren't already familiar with the performances of Chan Canasta, you might want to search for videos of him.
Hi Minty,

I have seen a video of Chan Canasta on the EMC series once. But that was about it. I will go and look for more now. Can the BCS be used with Canasta's card reading acts?
I don't do a lot of card stuff but I am just learning the BCS just so I can do Richards card calling routine. I think its an easy system to learn.
[quote]On Feb 15, 2015, Zlwin Chew wrote:
Can the BCS be used with Canasta's card reading acts? [/quote]

You can certainly achieve a very similar effect using the BCS. Richard Osterlind's Card Calling routine (as George says) is wonderful.

I also love the routine Richard calls "Corinda Effect", which is given just a sentence or two in 13 Steps, but which he really fleshes out in Mind Mysteries 2. It's wonderfully simple and direct.

For me, it was well worth the short amount of time needed to learn Osterlind's BCS.
Great system, but I have to admit that once I finally memorized a stack--I picked Mnemonica--I haven't looked back. Any on Richard's best BCS effects can be done with a memorized stack too.
You said it... Studied it some time ago just for interest, but never used it as I am working with a memorized deck since more than twenty years. Jan
[quote]On Feb 15, 2015, george1953 wrote:
I don't do a lot of card stuff but I am just learning the BCS just so I can do Richards card calling routine. I think its an easy system to learn. [/quote]

I enjoy doing his card calling routine so much. Audience really love it as well.

And my FAVOURITE effect with the BCS is the Poker Deal routine! This BLOWS people away!

If you are using it to play a BLACKJACK game, here's a beautiful hint: if you are dealing 4 piles (4 players including you as the dealer), and if the audience cuts to an 8 of Hearts... you are in for the win. Because this way, all three players will amount to 21 (Blackjack) and you the dealer will have 20.

There were countless times (I thank the heavens) when the spectator cut to the 8 of Hearts. And I would be screaming inside. My magician friend who does this routine too will be nudging me from the side and smiling. And I nod.

Then I start by saying, "I have a premonition that in this round, all three of you players will have the best cards and might be winning. And I, the dealer, will be short of only 1 value... I don't know but that's just a premonition. Let's begin."

If you don't know what I am talking about, learn the Poker Deal routine, then cut to the 8 of Hearts. And play the Blackjack game with 3 players and you as the dealer (4 piles).

I am excited to hear about your experience =)
[quote]On Feb 15, 2015, minty wrote:
[quote]On Feb 15, 2015, Zlwin Chew wrote:
Can the BCS be used with Canasta's card reading acts? [/quote]

You can certainly achieve a very similar effect using the BCS. Richard Osterlind's Card Calling routine (as George says) is wonderful.

I also love the routine Richard calls "Corinda Effect", which is given just a sentence or two in 13 Steps, but which he really fleshes out in Mind Mysteries 2. It's wonderfully simple and direct.

For me, it was well worth the short amount of time needed to learn Osterlind's BCS. [/quote]

Thank you, Minty. I will definitely check it out! =D
[quote]On Feb 16, 2015, lcwright1964 wrote:
Great system, but I have to admit that once I finally memorized a stack--I picked Mnemonica--I haven't looked back. Any on Richard's best BCS effects can be done with a memorized stack too. [/quote]

lcwright1964, I have not learnt the Mnemonica but I would give it a study soon. Thank you for your input.
I have recently learned (still trying to get faster) the BCS from Osterlind. I love it. But, is there a reason to learn more than one stack? Do some do what others won't do? My first stack was the Si Stebbins, and it was great, but the BCS adds the look and feel of randomness, so I'm sticking with this one and learning to routine around it.
[quote]On Feb 17, 2015, drumorgan wrote:

But, is there a reason to learn more than one stack? Do some do what others won't do? [/quote]

No. Yes.
:) Thanks.
[quote]On Feb 16, 2015, Zlwin Chew wrote:
If you are using it to play a BLACKJACK game, here's a beautiful hint: if you are dealing 4 piles (4 players including you as the dealer), and if the audience cuts to an 8 of Hearts... you are in for the win. Because this way, all three players will amount to 21 (Blackjack) and you the dealer will have 20.[/quote]

I must not be doing something right, Zlwin, because if I use a BCS stack and cut it so that the Eight of Hearts is at the bottom, then deal eight cards (from the top of the deck) into four piles (the last pile being the dealer's), the second and fourth pile each have a 21 (with an Ace and a face card).

Since the fourth pile (which has an Ace and a King) is the dealer's pile, he automatically wins with no need to hit.

If the first player hits twice, then his two extra cards will bring his total up to 21.

As for the third player, he starts with 16, and if he hits he'll get a 7 card, which makes him bust at 23.

So when I try it, the first, second, and fourth players each get 21, with the third player either staying at 16 or pushing his luck and busting at 23. Either way, the dealer (the fourth player) wins and the third player loses.

But you said that the first three players win with 21, while the dealer loses with 20. Am I missing something?
Why is it "more than just a stack"?
Why is it "more than just a stack"?
[quote]On Feb 14, 2015, Zlwin Chew wrote:
I wanted to know if there is anyone out there who is using this too and what is your take on it? [/quote]

I fell in love with with Richard Osterlind's Breakthrough Card System when I first encountered it, and have really enjoyed performing Osterlind's [i]Test Condition Card Trick[/i].

I like the BCS so much that I eventually decided to memorize it and made it my main memorized deck. So now the BCS has become the MBCS (Memorized BCS) for me.
[quote]On Feb 20, 2015, J-L Sparrow wrote:
[quote]On Feb 14, 2015, Zlwin Chew wrote:
I wanted to know if there is anyone out there who is using this too and what is your take on it? [/quote]

I fell in love with with Richard Osterlind's Breakthrough Card System when I first encountered it, and have really enjoyed performing Osterlind's [i]Test Condition Card Trick[/i].

I like the BCS so much that I eventually decided to memorize it and made it my main memorized deck. So now the BCS has become the MBCS (Memorized BCS) for me. [/quote]
that is a great idea. my mem deck is the best utility I think I have! good for you to take the time to memorize Richard's system. what effects do you mostly perform with the BCS mem deck?
This is the system I am memorising at the moment, I really like it.
Which is better, BCS, Radar or Dynamo Deck?
I have BCS, Radar, but not Dynamo. Isn't Dynamo an significant improvement?
I have search this forum on Dynamo, and very little has been written on this topic.
Enough has not been discuss to convince me that the Dynamo Deck stands out above the early decks by Osterlind.
Sounds like it just should have been a booklet of more routines for BCS/Radar.

Now, if I can just find my Cassandra deck.
Message: Posted by: Richard Osterlind (Feb 22, 2015 01:01PM)
Jerry,

The Dynamo Deck was the predecessor to the BCS. But, in truth, they are different in purpose. Yes, some routines can be done with either, but each has its own designated use. I still use the BCS all the time.

Since the topic came up earlier, the Memorized BCS, as well as instructions on working it backwards, can be found in Mystique.

Richard
Richard, thank you for your response.
I thought that the Dynamo Deck was similar to the S.U.M. Deck or "The Code" deck. Now I know it is not that type.
Then I thought you were holding back your underground stack deck system, and finally released the Dynamo deck to magic community.
Still don't see the advantages over the BCS with Dynamo.

If I do purchase, it will most likely be with the Intimate Impossibilities DVD's. Still considering, but very happy with the BCS.
Also, I appreciate the location of the current source for Memorized BCS.

Thank you for your time on this matter.
Message: Posted by: Richard Osterlind (Feb 22, 2015 10:17PM)
Jerry, if you get Intimate Impossibilities, it explains how to make the Dynamo Deck. I do most of the routines from the Dynamo Deck book, but not all. Either way, if you get just the DVD or both, you will see the differences in the 2 stacks and the different uses for them.

All my best,
Richard
[quote]On Feb 17, 2015, J-L Sparrow wrote:
[quote]On Feb 16, 2015, Zlwin Chew wrote:
If you are using it to play a BLACKJACK game, here's a beautiful hint: if you are dealing 4 piles (4 players including you as the dealer), and if the audience cuts to an 8 of Hearts... you are in for the win. Because this way, all three players will amount to 21 (Blackjack) and you the dealer will have 20.[/quote]

I must not be doing something right, Zlwin, because if I use a BCS stack and cut it so that the Eight of Hearts is at the bottom, then deal eight cards (from the top of the deck) into four piles (the last pile being the dealer's), the second and fourth pile each have a 21 (with an Ace and a face card).

Since the fourth pile (which has an Ace and a King) is the dealer's pile, he automatically wins with no need to hit.

If the first player hits twice, then his two extra cards will bring his total up to 21.

As for the third player, he starts with 16, and if he hits he'll get a 7 card, which makes him bust at 23.

So when I try it, the first, second, and fourth players each get 21, with the third player either staying at 16 or pushing his luck and busting at 23. Either way, the dealer (the fourth player) wins and the third player loses.

But you said that the first three players win with 21, while the dealer loses with 20. Am I missing something? [/quote]

JL Sparrow,

That's my bad. I am sorry. It isn't the 8 of Hearts, it is the 9 of Hearts that makes this work.

When the spectator cuts to the 9 of Hearts. you proceed with putting the 9H away, then start dealing into 4 piles, the 4th pile is yours (the dealer). Here is what would happen:

1st Pile: 7S + 4H
2nd Pile: 2S + 10C
3rd Pile: 5C + 10D
4th Pile: KD + JS

Each of the spectator (1st, 2nd, 3rd) will each take one card. Then this would will be the new hand.

1st Pile: 7S + 4H + 10H = 21 (Blackjack)
2nd Pile: 2S + 10C + 9S = 21 (Blackjack)
3rd Pile: 5C + 10D + 6C = 21 (Blackjack)

Thus, the spectators WIN! You lose because your hand holds two picture cards equaling to 20.

I hope you have fun with this. It's great to be able to say, "I have a premonition. Even before I deal out the cards, I have a strong premonition that I would end up losing this round and you three will win. In fact, you three will have the same total. And I will miss by one." or something along the lines.

This is fun! =)
[quote]On Feb 20, 2015, The_MetalMaster wrote:
that is a great idea. my mem deck is the best utility I think I have! good for you to take the time to memorize Richard's system. what effects do you mostly perform with the BCS mem deck? [/quote]

For my stage shows, I use it for Card Calling. I get the volunteer to take a pile of about 10 cards or more, shuffle it, then I start calling out the cards. The routine is explained in Osterlind's DVD. And book too, if I am not mistaken.

For close up, I love the Poker Deal.
[quote]On Feb 23, 2015, Zlwin Chew wrote:
That's my bad. I am sorry. It isn't the 8 of Hearts, it is the 9 of Hearts that makes this work.[/quote]

Ah! Now it works, thanks! I gotta say, good find!

Thus, the spectators WIN! You lose because your hand holds two picture cards equaling to 20.

I hope you have fun with this. It's great to be able to say, "I have a premonition. Even before I deal out the cards, I have a strong premonition that I would end up losing this round and you three will win. In fact, you three will have the same total. And I will miss by one." or something along the lines.[/quote]

Yeah, not only will the dealer miss by one (with a total of 20), but if the spectators encourage the dealer to hit one more time (to see if the dealer gets an Ace), the dealer will get a 2 and bust at 22! So if the dealer doesn't hit he misses by one, and if he does hit he [i]still[/i] misses by one. That's an impressive coincidence!

Thanks for sharing your finding, Zlwin Chew! I may have to take advantage of your 9 of Hearts suggestion and "accidentally" cut to it one of these days...
J-L Sparrow,
I hope you have lots of fun with it! And if you do have other findings about this deck, do share with me, too.

Richard Osterlind,
Thank you for sharing your greatest secret to the those who would listen. We owe you a huge one! Cheers!
Message: Posted by: Richard Osterlind (Feb 23, 2015 09:24PM)
Thank you, Zlwin. :)
[quote]On Feb 20, 2015, The_MetalMaster wrote:
that is a great idea. my mem deck is the best utility I think I have! good for you to take the time to memorize Richard's system. what effects do you mostly perform with the BCS mem deck? [/quote]

For my stage shows, I use it for Card Calling. I get the volunteer to take a pile of about 10 cards or more, shuffle it, then I start calling out the cards. The routine is explained in Osterlind's DVD. And book too, if I am not mistaken.

For close up, I love the Poker Deal. [/quote]

Ah yes, I've performed this twice. Its very good. The last time I performed it to set up Richard's Thought Scan effect. I also like doing it with Simon Aronson's 2 Deck Canasta
J-L Sparrow,
I hope you have lots of fun with it! And if you do have other findings about this deck, do share with me, too.[/quote]

I [i]have[/i] found an interesting trait of the BCS stack. I was able to create a magic trick around it, but it requires the MBCS (the Memorized Breakthrough Card System) to take advantage of it. So far I've only discovered this one trick with it (and one variant), but I'll keep looking for more applications of this trait.
Pray tell!!! :D
[quote]On Mar 25, 2015, Zlwin Chew wrote:
Pray tell!!! :D [/quote]

Thanks for your interest, but I'm not quite ready to make my finding public in that I still haven't found a quintessential example for it yet.

My finding allows the magician to determine where the stack has been cut without the need to look at any cards -- but a little input is still needed. And this needed input should seem insignificant to most memdeck magicians (as well as to other magicians and non-magicians). But thanks to this particular property of the BCS stack, it's just enough to determine where one is in the stack.

But memdeck workers of non-BCS stacks can easily work around this feature by using another trick, such as a sneaky peek, to achieve the same effect. (Of course, that might mean that they'd have to handle the cards, but that might not be a concern to them.) Does that devalue my finding? I hope not, but I don't know exactly -- which is why I'm trying to figure out more (and hopefully more stunning) uses of this property.

So far I've only been able to find a worthwhile use of this property using a BCS stack that's memorized (that is, the MBCS). So anyone who wants to use it on a BCS stack that's not memorized is out of luck, unless a way is figured out that doesn't require the use of a memorized deck.
Perfect timing... this is the first time Ive looked at this topic because I have no chance of memorizing a full deck stack. However, I recently dug up my BCS booklet which I must have had for over 10 years but never really worked. But now, with some practice, I can work the system. I opened up this topic to see if this has been discussed, and WOW, the second thread from the top is on the BCS.

Now that I have it down, Im hoping to find some good routines. At its face, its kind of a misdirected peek. Instead of peeking the selection, I peek the "other" card to divine the selection.

My question is... are there any good resources to find effects specifically taking advantage of the BCS? I assume many Si Stebbins effects are applicable.
JL Sparrow,
I sure do hope you will be able to get your new routine on a video so you could show us. It is great to know another fellow magician is wrecking his brain to think of a new trick with the BCS and I am sure one day someone will create something really incredible! :D
[quote]On Mar 27, 2015, Scott Horn wrote:
Perfect timing... I opened up this topic to see if this has been discussed, and WOW, the second thread from the top is on the BCS.
[/quote]

Thank you =D this is something I learned the moment my friend told me about it. And there was no turning back.
BCS=Best Card Stack-EVER!!
I really wish a mark deck using the BCS system was made like "The Code" deck.
I believe that's the Demon Deck by Larry Becker and Lee Earle.
Yep, correct.
Demon Deck is no longer available.

Also, what would be even better then the "Demon Deck" or "The Code", an updated Deland Deck using the current marking systems with the BCS stack.
Whoa. That's a few level of inceptions there :) a stack within a stack within a deck.
[quote]On Apr 17, 2015, Jerry wrote:
Demon Deck is no longer available. [/quote]
...but it's certainly no rocket science to DIY and thus adapt it to your own prefered stack. :angel:
Nicolino, agreed.
I have done that by purchasing GT Speed Reader decks. And I changed the order to BCS. But it is $25 a deck.

I am considering getting rub-off lettering and making my own, then I could have all the features I want. Not certain how long that would last till the cards got worn out (lettering).

Still I would prefer the cost of "The Code" and add the features of Deland, using the methods of Boris Wild like system into a BCS deck.
[quote]On Apr 20, 2015, Jerry wrote:
Still I would prefer the cost of "The Code" and add the features of Deland, using the methods of Boris Wild like system into a BCS deck. [/quote]

Can these creators come together to make this?
Anything is possible.

If I had the resources, I would commission Garrett Thomas to make steam punk theme decks using the gears for the clocking system (Deland).
You would be able to see that from across a room.

Make one deck for each major stack - Taramiz; BCS; and Aaron.
Ask between $10 to $15 a deck depending on ROI.

Getting the okay from the stack creaters first of course.

Hey may be I am on something... like drugs...?

Uh, no I mean time to "Kickstart" this.
I have just ordered this system. After reading this thread I am now super excited.
Pieaddict, which systems, several are mentioned?

I recommend "The Code". It's based on the Taramiz stack, tells the card number within the stack and the next card using the Boris Wild method of marking. DVD/deck set $25. Additional decks are about $13.

If you want to use BCS, then use any mark deck of your choice to help.
Speed readers $25 for example.
[quote]On Apr 26, 2015, Jerry wrote:
Pieaddict, which systems, several are mentioned?

I recommend "The Code". It's based on the Taramiz stack, tells the card number within the stack and the next card using the Boris Wild method of marking. DVD/deck set $25. Additional decks are about $13.

If you want to use BCS, then use any mark deck of your choice to help.
Speed readers $25 for example. [/quote]

Hi, Ive ordered the BCS from Richard Osterlind's website.
He also has a DVD and a book on the BCS.
BCS is truly a wonderful stack and relatively easy to learn! Currently having it for most performance, along with Si Stebbins and Boris Wild Instant Memorised Deck. :D

S.H.
A red Sharpie and a deck of Bikes is a very efficient, easy, and inexpensive way to mark a deck...If you don't know how, take a look at Kirk Charles's Hidden in Plain Sight...
http://www.amazon.com/Hidden-Plain-Sight-Charles-Boris/dp/B008Z23LHY
For the ridiculous price of $12, you'll gain a life skill...
Kirk Charles' Marked For Life is also an interesting book to read!

S.H.
Doesn't that system involve super complicated binary math?
No.
[quote]On May 8, 2015, Jerry wrote:
Doesn't that system involve super complicated binary math? [/quote]

Binary, yes. Complicated, no. It takes little time to recognize the binary representations in this very simple marking system.
[quote]On Apr 26, 2015, Jerry wrote:

[/quote]

The Code is a glorious contribution to card mentalism, but just about anything that can be done with Andy's deck can be done with a memorized stack, any marked deck, and a little mental exertion (not much).
That is sort of what I did, I put my Speed readers mark deck in BCS order, but I would still like to see a deck done in the manner of "The Code" for BCS.
Why stop there, make the deck even better by incorporating my other suggestions of Deland deck method using Ted Lesley style markings.
I have to say I love the BTCS. I think it is amazing just in the fact that it works out, but so many things with cards work out that it is always amazing. My favorite is to combine the BTCS with the marking system from Boris Wild. Man, talk about some amzing effects being possible. It is a great combo.
I also like the fact that the BTCS is so easy to learn and really hard to forget. I can pick up a deck anywhere and have it set in less than 2 minutes. Have done this a few times at a friend's when I happen to come across their cards and then sneak off with them to set up. Grab them later and I am off to the races without any apparant handling or arranging.
The BTCS is truly one of the greatest discoveries with cards to ever be happened upon.
Has anyone tried BTCS with Tarot cards? Must be an easy transition - Wands = Spades, Swords = Hearts, Cups = Clubs and Pentacles = Diamonds (or whatever works for you. You need to eliminate on card, either Knight or Page and you have the same set-up. The values aren't so recognizable to the general public; still, the Tarot might add a layer of mystery. I'm going to experiment. Has anyone else trid that idea?
[quote]On May 8, 2015, Jerry wrote:
Doesn't that system [Hidden in Plain Sight] involve super complicated binary math? [/quote]
There are several DIY marking systems described in that useful book. One of them uses a binary system. But the one I use does not use binary at all. It is closer in feel to the DeLand system.
Speaking of marked decks: stay tuned for a new marking system being published these days - it's an extremely clever approach for those who don't have eagle eyes or need to work at low light conditions.

It's possible to code so much (predecessor card, successor card, stack number etc.) with only a few marks, it's almost scary! :righton:
The new marking system being published these days is my "Low Vision Marking System". The "Low Vision Marking System" is applied to the Bicycle Rider Back 808 deck.

A Sharpie and a Bicycle Rider Back 808 deck is a very efficient and inexpensive way to mark a deck for your needs ...
even you have less than perfect vision or need glasses.

A blockout toolbox for marking cards has been developed. The marked deck can be prepared in less than one hour. The development focused on good discernibility for magicians with impaired vision. By combining the described methods, it is possible to mark the card itself, its stack number, the preceding and the succeeding cards.

http://www.lybrary.com/low-vision-marking-system-p-725528.html
Also check Pete McCabe's PM Card Marking System. A great 70+ page book with an easily viewed but deceptive marking system using a sharply. Additionally there are tons of great routines. :tallyred:
Actually that's the wrong box it marks up a bicycle deck :bikes:
[quote]On Apr 25, 2015, pieaddict wrote:
I have just ordered this system. After reading this thread I am now super excited. [/quote]

How much fun have you had with this? I can list you a whole long list you will never finish reading =D
[quote]On May 7, 2015, landmark wrote:
A red Sharpie and a deck of Bikes is a very efficient, easy, and inexpensive way to mark a deck...If you don't know how, take a look at Kirk Charles's Hidden in Plain Sight...
http://www.amazon.com/Hidden-Plain-Sight-Charles-Boris/dp/B008Z23LHY
For the ridiculous price of $12, you'll gain a life skill... [/quote]

Richard Osterlind's BCS is NOT a marked deck. You will have you read it through to fully understand this miracle of a discovery. The 30 years Osterlind spent figuring out this system is just... out of this world.
I suspect that most people here know that the BCS is a [url=http://www.deceptionary.com/aboutstacks.html]full-deck, sequential stack[/url]; they are just making the observation that there exists a range of additional material that can be performed if such a stack is also marked.
[quote]On Dec 3, 2015, Zlwin Chew wrote:
[quote]On Apr 25, 2015, pieaddict wrote:
I have just ordered this system. After reading this thread I am now super excited. [/quote]

How much fun have you had with this? I can list you a whole long list you will never finish reading =D [/quote]

Its a great system, lots of potential. Sorry for late reply. My real world job takes up too much of my time.
IMHO, this is the best algorithmic stack out there.
Very good stack deck system,undetectable
I decided to go through and find any good 4 hand combinations using the BCS for the game of blackjack. Enjoy Smile

Bottom card is 8 of clubs
1. 6+3++4=13
2. k+10=20
3. 2+8++9=19
4. Dealer 6+7++9=22 Bust

Bottom card is K of hearts
1. 2+8++9=19 push
2. 6+7++8=21
3. 3+4+5+6+A=20
4. Dealer 10+9=19

Bottom card is 2 of hearts
1. 6+7++8=21
2. 3+4++5+A+6=19
3. 10+9=19
4. Dealer 8+9=17

Bottom card is 6 of diamonds
1. 3+4++5+A+6=19
2. 10+9++A=20
3. 8+9++4=21
4. Dealer 7+8++Q=25 bust

Bottom card is 8 of diamonds
1. 7+8++A+4=20
2. 4+5++Q=19
3. 9+A++Q=20
4. Dealer 9+6++K= 25 bust

Bottom card is K of clubs
1. 3+5++10=18
2. 9+K=19
3. 7+4++J=21
4. Dealer 2+10+10=22 bust

Bottom card is 9 of hearts
1. 7+4++10=21
2. 2+10++9=21
3. 5+10++6=21
4. Dealer K+J=20

Bottom card is 9 of spades
1. 6+8++A+3=18
2. 2+4++7+5=18
3. 7+J=17
4. Dealer 3+K++Q=23 bust
[quote]On May 5, 2016, IMAGINACIAN wrote:
IMHO, this is the best algorithmic stack out there. [/quote]
The BCS is [b]not[/b] an algorithmic stack.
[quote]On Nov 2, 2016, Nicolino wrote:
The BCS is [b]not[/b] an algorithmic stack. [/quote]

Hi Nicolino, you are absolutely right, my friend.

Probably what I meant (if I can recollect right) to say was - the BCS is the best (or most random looking) cyclical stack, imo, which uses an algorithm/formula.

Thank you for pointing it out :-)
[quote]On Nov 3, 2016, IMAGINACIAN wrote:
[quote]On Nov 2, 2016, Nicolino wrote:
The BCS is [b]not[/b] an algorithmic stack. [/quote]

Hi Nicolino, you are absolutely right, my friend.

Probably what I meant (if I can recollect right) to say was - the BCS is the best (or most random looking) cyclical stack, imo, which uses an algorithm/formula.

Thank you for pointing it out :-) [/quote]
That I positively agree with, mate! :cheers:
[quote]On Feb 22, 2015, Richard Osterlind wrote:
Jerry,

The Dynamo Deck was the predecessor to the BCS. But, in truth, they are different in purpose. Yes, some routines can be done with either, but each has its own designated use. I still use the BCS all the time.

Since the topic came up earlier, the Memorized BCS, as well as instructions on working it backwards, can be found in Mystique.

Richard [/quote]

Thanks for the BCS, Richard. I am a hobbyist and am able to use it - loved the Mind Mysteries DVD. BCS ideas that both the novice and expert can understand. Loved it, just wanted to mention, appreciate you presenting to the full range of us!

Dave