(Close Window)
Topic: Rave magic
I've been asked to perform magic at a rave.
I probably won't be able to speak because of the music, and I'm expecting people to be intoxicated on a variety of substances.

Any ideas for good effects?

Thanks

www.eliascaress.com
An EFFECT is what the spectator sees or thinks he sees.

Given the situation, I wouldn't even consider accepting a gig like this.

Just think! if the "joint" is raided, you could get lots of publicity! You could get that kind of publicity "streaking" down "main street" !
Warning by Kostya Kimlat is perfect for this situation. Fast, visual and you don't need to speak to perform it.
Strolling (is that possible at a rave?) or Stand up?

How much time do you have to prepare ?
[quote]On Mar 10, 2015, scaress wrote:
I've been asked to perform magic at a rave.
I probably won't be able to speak because of the music, and [b]I'm expecting people to be intoxicated on a variety of substances[/b].

Any ideas for good effects?

Thanks

www.eliascaress.com [/quote]

Don't do it!
Talk to the people who have asked you to perform. find out what they are expecting from your performance. Bring up the issues of noise and bad lighting and altered states of consciousness. See if their expectations are realistic or if this is something they did not clearly think through. As a professional DJ as well as a magician, I can tell you that the 2 forms of entertainment are very hard to mix.
This has got to be a joke...at least I hope so. Doing magic at a rave makes as much sense as doing strolling magic in the stands during the Super Bowl.