(Close Window)
Topic: Bunny baths
Hi, new to the bunny world. I just got a baby bunny and plan on putting it in my kids show sometime. My question. Do you give them baths? And what would you use?

Thanks for your help.
:bunny:
Why would you want to give the bunny a bath?
I never gave my bunny a bath before and I've had many bunnies over the years.
If you do that just be careful that the bunny don't catch a cold.
Ricky
Bunnies are like cats <--- self-cleaning.

If you keep the cage clean all you have to do is trim their nails and brush them before a show
To answer the question because there are long hair rabbits. Use baby shampoo, don't get any in their eyes, nose, mouth, or ears. Use to shampoo a long hair guinea pig in the kitchen sink.
My wife occasionally bathes her show rabbits before a competition, but only if they're particularly dirty (in the manner described by Bill, above). Otherwise, wiping them down with witch hazel wipes does nice job as well.
I had a rather unusual double mane lionhead that liked to take showers. He would go under his water bottle and hit it to make the shower run.
John
I have had rabbits that refuse to clean themselves, and clots of fecal mater stick to their hair. They require weekly baths.
That's interesting, I've never taken a bunny bath....in my house we use water
I apologize to any bunnies I've offended with that stupid but hysterical joke....