(Close Window)
Topic: Which is better?
Hi Guys,

I am working on a new routine that changing a hand puppet rabbit to a Live rabbit. I am thinking of using Dove to Rabbit or Wiz-Kote Machine. Just want your opinion on this. If you are using one of this, Is the base of Dove to Rabbit big enough for the puppet? will it block the flap from closing?

Or do you have any suggestion of other props that can do this effect. Thanks a million.
You have about 2.5 inches of room in a Doves to Rabbit. I am selling a Doves to Rabbit. It has only been used about 3 times and is in great shape. I have an ATA case for it at no charge. PM me if you would like any more information.
I use three Chalet Doves to Rabbits in my show. I have no problem with a ten-pound rabbit.

But I don't have a Wiz-Kote. George does know it is on my want list. However, I don't think I would use it for livestock. The flash and smoke, I always do external to an animal load. You might ask George at Chalet about that.

Ask George if he has double load Pagodas prop that will do that. The MAK model is too small for a real rabbit but is the right idea. A puppet vanished into a Doves to Rabbit, may not shut properly since it will not perch. Try before you buy, if you can.

Good Luck!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Thanks Bob for your info. I never thought of the smoke that comes from the Wiz-Kote might harm my rabbit. I have tried emailing chalet magic, but kept bouncing back error. I am currently emailing him again and again till it gets through. I will try to find out more details. Thank you.
I have heard a lot of people on here say they can not get a hold of George at Chalet through email. Are you trying Magicbuilder@aol.com ?
Chance Wolf may be designing a new type of Wiz-Kote.

I have both, but I have no doves, so I use the Wiz-Kote. It is a very powerful effect, with that emotional connection to the "victim" who sneaker burns up. It is a great effect. It needs a better method of reproducing the sneaker, for a greater finality. The reproduction box cost more than the Wiz-Kote.

As mentioned above, it is not designed for rabbits and you will set them on fire, however, converting a sneaker to a fake rabbit has it comical possibilities, no smoke need and a box effect can be designed to do this.

The doves to rabbits is real nice and the doves must be on the perch for the effect to work. (No need to break a bird's neck). It is another excellent effect!

The biggest drawback is they are boxes that require a packing crate to perserve the value (additional money) and they requre a second trip to the car along with a set-up time constraint. (Wiz-kote 5 minutes-not counting battery check and testing)

The Doves to Rabbit require 1 or 2 trips to the car. It is a bigger box trick.

I use my Rabbit Cage which has a fake rabbit in it. The kids notice it and comment on it, it's not real, etc., which takes the heat off the fact the real rabbit is in the cage. This allows me to blow a balloon up and produce a real rabbit.

The Bunny Box works the same way- Fake rabbit to real rabbit. It's a different alternative than the way it is supposed to work.

Any rabbit boxes or effects can be converted to produce, transpose, or vanish the fake rabbit for the real rabbit.