(Close Window)
Topic: An Awesome (and cheap) Find
I found these cases at the local exchange. They cost less than $40 each and hold almost everthing I carry.
:magicrabbit: Believe it or not, I [b]can[/b] fit everything into one in a pinch but it's pretty packed. I only have to add my collapsing table and balloon pump.

http://riff.eubankrs.net/cases
Wow! That's a great alternative to those expensive cases. I was just looking at one at Home Depot last night - it had 3 "modules" that had lots of drawers and good size storage areas - and this never occured to me.

I think they were yellow and black (not my first color choice) - but they sell spray-paint too...

Thanks for the idea!
Looks really good.
I just hope we can find one something like this in Singapore. But I doubt.... :confused:
[quote]

I think they were yellow and black (not my first color choice) - but they sell spray-paint too...

[/quote]

If you are handy with a sewing machine you can make a very nice cover/drape out of velvet and attach it with velcro.
[quote]
On 2002-06-20 06:18, Rob Eubank wrote:
I found these cases at the local exchange. They cost less than $40 each and hold almost everthing I carry.
:magicrabbit: Beleive it or not, I [b]can[/b] fit everything into one in a pinch but it's pretty packed. I only have to add my collapsing table and balloon pump.

http://riff.eubankrs.net/cases
[/quote]

Wow, that's a whole lot of magic and clowning in those carriers. I'm going to forward the photo link to my mom, "Doc Tweedles," to look at. It would be great for those who have lots of giveaways and balloons, etc. :clownonball:
Sorry to bring up an old thread but this looks like a killer of a find. Any UK users know where one can be purchased? Or US if postage is cheap (ha!).

Thank you
WOW! Looks really good!
Nice, but never seen it before. Anybody know a place to buy those in the internet?
Maybe Rob can tell us the brand.
The only info I can find is

[url=http://www.cesaroni.com/p_consprod.htm]Here![/url]

And

[url=http://www.cesaroni.com/brocher/plano826/plano826_sheet.htm]Here![/url]

It's a Plano Pro model 826 Tool Storage Box.

Hope this helps.
Just saw a version of these at Home Depot...only difference is that they "divide" into two separate cases, the bottom one giving you a deeper space to store larger props. Otherwise, when latched up they look exactly like the Plano Pro and have wheels too. Cost was about $30.
This looks like a great find. Do you carry this to shows or is it a storage box? :sun:
It could probably be used for either one.
I'm sold on this too.
One question. Does it lock (with a decent, strong Lock)? Unfortunately, I can't tell from the photos.
I found on at Sears, it was not as large, but it was big enough for my stuff. $34
It can be locked with your own pad lock
Just to add to what I've read above... I went to Home Depot and in the "tool box" aisle found a superb carrying case which is metal with moveable "trays" inside it.

It's the best $30 I've ever spent, and it's frankly more practical then the $100+ magic cases I've seen.

Definitely worth a trip into Home Depot.
Quote:Sorry to bring up an old thread but this looks like a killer of a find. Any UK users know where one can be purchased? Or US if postage is cheap (ha!).

Magicadam, B & Q stock them

Regards Nitram
[quote]
On 2003-01-03 09:09, mikejorden wrote:
I'm sold on this too.
One question. Does it lock (with a decent, strong Lock)? Unfortunately, I can't tell from the photos.
[/quote]

It does have a ring lock for a small padlock built into the cover but I wouldn't count on it keeping anyone out that really wanted in.

[quote]
On 2003-01-02 09:10, Isramagia wrote:
This looks like a great find. Do you carry this to shows or is it a storage box? :sun:
[/quote]

I typically carry one to my shows. I've modified it slightly so the cover comes completely off. It allows it to fit under my table and work with its contruction (secrets). The other one I use mainly for storage and corporate refresh (multiday gigs).
:clownonball:
Bulk supply stores often carry cheap plastic toolboxes which are similiar to what you have.

Usually they're around 20 to 50 dollars

matt :sun:
Can I make a suggestion?
When you post good finds it helps others if you can either provide the model and SKU numbers, what store, the location of the store and any other useful info like the size.
The ones that found something in HD or Sears could mention what model they have or brand.
Many stores do not have the same merchandise but sometimes can get it for you if you have more info.
For instance, I have two Wal-marts within 15 miles and they carry some different merchandise. One says they can special order and one says they can't. I am in a zone with about 4 Home Depots but on certain items each store may get something different (like 12" tile for $.78 sq ft was found at one store only).

Just my two cents.

Mark
I've been watching the store. Next time they have them in stock, I plan to try and get the UPC and other particulars.

They just don't get them in that often.
These boxes or units are made by the Plano Molding Company. They will be discontinuing these soon. These can sometimes be bought in their outlet store for around $23.00 and if anyone is interested in them, please email me and I can check their availability and send one out to you. They do make for a nice travel case and hold a lot of "stuff". They also carry a wide variety of tool/fishing boxes and case also. Once again, if there is something you are looking for in this line of product, please let me know and I would be happy to help you out.
OK, I have to get one. Could someone please tell me where I can?
I know this topic is a little old, but here is some info.

The website URL is: http://www.planomolding.com

Here is their other contact info:

Customer Care phone is (800) 226-9868
Phone
630-552-3111
Fax
630-552-8989
Address
431 E. South Street Plano Il. 60545-1601

The 826 is listed on their website, but there doesn't seem to be a method for buying direct. I would give them a call and ask where you could purchase one.

Heck, let them know how popular they are on the Magic Café and maybe they'll cut us all a deal.
This looks like an awesome little carrier! I'll have to look into them.

-Andini :coolspot:
Very intresting, I'll have to do some shopping. Thanks for the great idea.
I am pretty sure Lowes has them, and they are a little bit nicer. You will have to look around because they run out of them very quick.
Just for nostalgia, I like to go and pick up used suitcases from pawn shops. They have a feel and smell of something from yesteryear, and each suitcase carries the feel of going somewhere.

Plus...and don't get me wrong...I've always admired the "door-to-door" magic man, kind of like a Grass root appreciation.
Anyone seen anything like this in Canada?
Wow, some of you carry a lot of props!
I only do closeup so this case is perfect for me.
http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=productList&catalogId=B101890

It's the Guardforce aluminum case. It comes with a block of tear apart foam and dividers so you can customize the interior to fit anything you need. I carry about 6 regular decks, 5 trick decks, (invisible, rising, etc.) cups and balls, fire gimmicks and fuel (well seperated of course!) a BUNCH of different spongeballs and a few other odds and ends.

It even has this hinged compartment in the lid so you can carry paperwork too. It serves my purpose very well!
If you live near an "ODD LOTS" store check there, I have seen the same type there.
...........Jesse
Check Harbor Freight. They have similar tool boxes.
Message: Posted by: Ashkenazi the Pretty Good (Jul 27, 2003 02:36AM)
Budget-wise, go the aluminum case at either Home Depot or Lowe's (you can find a link in this thread). At $25, the case is amazing, tough,and presentable.

However, rather than sticking a tripod mount onto it, a friend suggested having the case rest on piece of wood which I painted black, and into which I drilled 4 holes for the rubber feet to fit into.

It's stable, looks sharp, and the case doesn't have a tripod mount sticking out of it.

ATPG
Everyone,

Thank you SOOOOOOOO much for your help, posting the products, websites, and stores where this stuff can be found. i was thinking of spending a LARGE chunk of cash on a 'magic carry case' and see that i can adapt some of this stuff for MUCH less. thanks again. oh yah, "ashkenazi the pretty good" HA HA HA HA HA that is too funny :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Flea markets and antique fairs are a great place to find inexpensive but great looking cases.
I'm always on the lookout for "magic" and "clowning" items at flea markets and yard sales. A little imagination goes a long long way.
Great use for the case. I won mine in a Lowe's Father's Day sweepstakes a couple of years ago, never thought of its use as anything other than holding the tools I also won in the contest. I guess it's time to hunt around for another place to store the tools. Thanks for the post, it's a great help.