(Close Window)
Topic: Exact change by Gregory Wilson for English currency
Does anyone have any experience of using Gregory Wilson's "Exact Change" with English currency at all please? The videos I've seen look fantastic but for English currency they state that it requires a "clever make shift idea" does that detract from the effect in any way?
Same question for euros, some of them are really small
I've used Exact Change with euro coins with the method Gregory recommends on the DVD, but this never felt as smooth as it should.
A few years ago I found the manufacturer of the changer on which the exact change gimmick is based.

I sent him a few mails asking if the disc in one of the slots could be made thinner allowing of an extra 20 cent coin to be used
If you have the effect you know what I mean.
After some back and forth mailing he confirmed to sell me an adapted changer, allowing for the extra coin.

So if the Exact Change gimmick is made with the same thickness plastic disc, and from what I can see by comparing the both: it is,
there should be enough thickness to shave off a little bit of material from one of the discs.If you are careful it might be possible to adapt the original gimmick.

Honestly this makes a massive difference and allows for the effect to be performed exactly as with dollar coins.
I don't know for Pound coins but probably a small adaptation like this may be done for these also.
I use UK currency: 3x 20p; 3x 5p, 3x5p, 3 x 1p. And then basically on the underside have a 10p and 1p attached with a bit of blu-tac. Covers options up 100.
Does this really get good reactions? just doesn't seem like it would to me.
Well.....I only saw Greg do it at a lecture....and it was well-received. I own it and the included DVD has LOADS of performance ideas and suggestions. I think if you do the set up right with the spectator, it will make a huge impact. :spinningcoin: