(Close Window)
Topic: [Review] Roughing Stick by Harry Robson
Message: Posted by: Alex DLF (Mar 28, 2015 10:13AM)
Roughing Sticks – Harry Robson

Product description : This is the next thing in magic ! I'm not joking, forget what you think about roughing fluid, this is a must buy, I'm really excited about it. Imagine having a roughing system in your pocket everytime and that you can rough from 50 to 100 decks for $15 and in less than 3 minutes. I may sound excited but this product is really a little revolution on its own.

Price and where to buy it : This is sold at $15 and you can find it in nearly every Murphys partner (so you can get it at your favorite magic shop).

What you get : You get a nice little box with the roughing stick inside, it mesures approximately 10cm*5cm and it will last you, what they say in the video, 100 decks minimum ! So you can get a lot out of it. You also get a link to an online video which explains you how to apply it and various tips about it.

Teaser : No trailer for this one.

The pros and the cons : Here is the core of my review, let's begin with the cons, as I will usually be doing, I prefer to keep the good things for the end.

THE CONS :
Errr.. I don't have anything bad to say about this product, really.. It's one of those few products that are just perfect. Sorry guys, I know you like me when I destroy products a little bit but here I can't find a single con.

THE PROS :
It's not expensive at all, let's say 100 decks with it so 15/100 and you get $0.15 dollars per deck ! How ridiculous is that ? You do get a lot for a small amount of money.
You can setup a brainwave deck, an invisible deck, a packet trick which requires roughing fluid in less than 2 minutes ! Imagine you're at a gig but you forgot your invisible deck.. No problem, a quick trip to the toilet and you have a freshly made one.
No funny smell, no residue, no waiting time for it to dry, I told you this stuff was perfect.
You are much more precise than with roughing fluid, you can decide where to put the stick and the amount by applying pressure.
I found that if you roughed only one card, the others will still stick to it, even if those are not roughed. It opens up a whole new world since it acts kind of « Science Friction » (which is great by the way), having stuff on only one card and do miracle with this card.
The shape of the stick is made in a such way that you can decide the size you will put on card, it's really awesome.
$15 ! Do I have to say anything else ?

Overall rating : This little baby is now inside my case and will stay for the rest of my life, this is such a no brainer, I just don't know why it flew under the radar since this thing will get all these cans of roughing fluid in the bin ! 4/4 hearts for me and a very strong recommandation, you won't be disappointed (for the price, you can't go wrong)

There are no difficulty at all, 0/5 stars (well, if you consider applying stick on a card is hard, maybe 1/5 stars)

Similar products : Don't even bother buying roughing fluid again, roughing sticks is the way to go ! But you may consider buying « Science Friction » which a very cool set and a very cool product.

Thanks to Murphys Magic for sending me this product !
Message: Posted by: Xiqual (Mar 29, 2015 08:26AM)
Absolutely agree with you alex! This is so good and so cheap. One stick will last a very long time.
The best ID I have ever made and Bill Goldman's monkey in the middle is awesome with this.
James
Message: Posted by: Hondo88 (Mar 30, 2015 02:45PM)
I just bought one off of amazon and am looking forward to using it. Thanks for the great info.
Message: Posted by: andrelopes (May 5, 2015 09:40AM)
Hi guys

has anyone tryed to do the poker test with it??
Message: Posted by: MScapes (May 9, 2015 10:36AM)
[quote]On May 5, 2015, andrelopes wrote:
Hi guys

has anyone tryed to do the poker test with it?? [/quote]

I have. It works great.
Message: Posted by: Alex DLF (May 9, 2015 11:22AM)
Yup, agree what MScapes !
Message: Posted by: videoman (May 9, 2015 11:32AM)
Also makes a huge improvement with Gary Jone's Shock Twist.
Great stuff. I love that it's so quick and easy to apply. So much easier and less messy than sprays.
You can try out an idea in seconds.
Message: Posted by: Chessmann (May 18, 2015 08:36PM)
Mine simply does not work well.

Ordered direct from Harry. It came in a zip-lock clear bag, and the instructions were on one side of a small piece of paper, and are entitled "Easy Rough".

Is this the latest/greatest version? The instructions are easy to follow...the stuff just isn't holding the cards together securely. Tried re-application, but no improvement.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? The stick is something I would really love to work well :)
Message: Posted by: Alex DLF (May 19, 2015 02:53AM)
I think you got the previous version and not the latest one from Vanishing inc :(
Message: Posted by: Chessmann (May 19, 2015 10:08PM)
Sent an email to Vanishing and got a reply. Alex is correct, I do have a previous version, confirmed by Vanishing.

Main differences are

- the hold/grip (hopefully, anyway)

- no white residue left behind on the cards. I didn't like that, but I could live with it.

I noted with a grin when the reply from Vanishing stated that Harry has been working on perfecting this for 20 years...I bought mine a couple of years ago, so I guess that was being perfected for the last 18 years :) So, we'll see. From the reviews, it sounds like a definite improvement - it just needs to hold the cards effectively to accomplish that!
Message: Posted by: nattefrost (May 19, 2015 10:12PM)
I love it. Just made my own brainvave deck the other day and I have so much more confidence using it now. I was able to operate the original brainwave/invisible decks pretty good but once in a while I would have the "premature spreading" or the "can't separate" blues, but no issues now with the roughing stick. Sometimes when just playing around with the deck I purposely try to spread the deck or separate the cards sloppy and it still works! I made a deck up for my uncle last week who all but gave up on using his invisible deck, and he has bought quite a few over the last year. (Thinking the problem was the deck). He just could not separate the cards when he needed to. The FIRST TIME he went through the deck he was able to do everything perfectly. He flipped out. I also have quite a few packet effects I do in which you turn the first card face up, (DL), then turn it face down, (2nd DL), deal the card to the table, and at the end of the effect it changes. Most of those I took and gave it a swipe with the roughing stick, and now the DL's are pretty much automatic. This is really good.
Message: Posted by: videoman (May 23, 2015 02:09PM)
[quote]On May 19, 2015, nattefrost wrote:
I love it. Just made my own brainvave deck the other day and I have so much more confidence using it now. I was able to operate the original brainwave/invisible decks pretty good but once in a while I would have the "premature spreading" or the "can't separate" blues, but no issues now with the roughing stick. Sometimes when just playing around with the deck I purposely try to spread the deck or separate the cards sloppy and it still works! I made a deck up for my uncle last week who all but gave up on using his invisible deck, and he has bought quite a few over the last year. (Thinking the problem was the deck). He just could not separate the cards when he needed to. The FIRST TIME he went through the deck he was able to do everything perfectly. He flipped out. I also have quite a few packet effects I do in which you turn the first card face up, (DL), then turn it face down, (2nd DL), deal the card to the table, and at the end of the effect it changes. Most of those I took and gave it a swipe with the roughing stick, and now the DL's are pretty much automatic. This is really good. [/quote]

When making your ID or BW decks, just curious if you are applying the stick to the entire card or only half, or just the center, etc.?
Message: Posted by: Xiqual (May 25, 2015 12:44AM)
Can't do the whole card with the stick. I do the center. You can even overhand shuffle with this method. Great video included.
James

[quote]On May 23, 2015, videoman wrote:
[quote]On May 19, 2015, nattefrost wrote:
I love it. Just made my own brainvave deck the other day and I have so much more confidence using it now. I was able to operate the original brainwave/invisible decks pretty good but once in a while I would have the "premature spreading" or the "can't separate" blues, but no issues now with the roughing stick. Sometimes when just playing around with the deck I purposely try to spread the deck or separate the cards sloppy and it still works! I made a deck up for my uncle last week who all but gave up on using his invisible deck, and he has bought quite a few over the last year. (Thinking the problem was the deck). He just could not separate the cards when he needed to. The FIRST TIME he went through the deck he was able to do everything perfectly. He flipped out. I also have quite a few packet effects I do in which you turn the first card face up, (DL), then turn it face down, (2nd DL), deal the card to the table, and at the end of the effect it changes. Most of those I took and gave it a swipe with the roughing stick, and now the DL's are pretty much automatic. This is really good. [/quote]

When making your ID or BW decks, just curious if you are applying the stick to the entire card or only half, or just the center, etc.? [/quote]
Message: Posted by: Chessmann (May 29, 2015 07:51PM)
Well, my new version Harry Robson Roughing Stick arrived today. Ultra-quick shipping, as usual, from Penguin. Here are my initial thoughts.

I was a bit worried - yes, despite the good reviews - that it wouldn't work well, as did(n't) my older version of the HRRS, but as of now, I am very happily surprised.

The stick seems to be made of a completely different material than his older version - it looks VERY different - and cards really hold like crazy to each other. I wondered about seeing Harry on the instructional video running the stick once down the center of the cards, thinking that it wouldn't be sufficient, but after my (brief) time with the stick, I can certainly see why he uses it as he does.

Now, it has been said that it doesn't leave a residue. Of course, it has to leave something behind or there would be no effect. However, it is MUCH improved over the old stick. I did see some very tiny (repeat: VERY tiny) flecks, but they were much less, much smaller, and very easy to remove when compared with the older version.

Harry says to use 'moderate' pressure (and later adds you can vary pressure according to your needs), but for me, moderate pressure was too strong to allow the stick to move across the card - the grip was too good! No worries, though, I soon found proper pressure.

I did find that after running the stick across the card about half-way, the stick would begin bumping rapidly on the card, as would a car when going over many rows of speed bumps. Surely this will go away, and involves technique. Didn't affect performance, that's for sure.

I did have some pieces come off onto the card - what you might call very small chunks, but they were easily removed, and the more I worked, the less issue I had with it. The first time or two, there were some bigger chunks (obviously, the bigger chunks were still very small :) ), but that was likely due to the edge I used not being worn in. I mention this to other buyers so they will do their first few tries on cards you don't need, so you can work in the stick and little bit and get used to it. Get to know the stick before you use it to touch up or make up an effect.

Less is more seems to REALLY apply here.

The stick is kind of a honey color, not grayish-white, as in the older version.

When only a portion of the card has been treated, you can notice it, but only very slightly, and it it (to my eyes) MUCH less noticeable than sprays. To me, a spectator wouldn't stand the slightest chance of having his/her suspicions raised. It doesn't have that reflection that you notice when light hits sprays at the right angle.

I'm not sure about the durability of it, but we'll see. If today is any indication, I don't have any worries, whatsoever.

Thank you, Harry, for making this available to us!
Message: Posted by: videoman (May 29, 2015 09:02PM)
Yes, it applies better when the edge of the stick has been worn n and rounded over.
The durability is pretty good but it's almost a moot point because the stick itself will last so long and it is so quick and easy to reapply that durability is not an issue IMO.
Message: Posted by: Xiqual (May 29, 2015 09:21PM)
Absolutely! I was using too much at first. This tuff needs just really light strokes to make it work. I can't even imagine needing another for a really long time.
Excellent product!
James

[quote]On May 29, 2015, videoman wrote:
Yes, it applies better when the edge of the stick has been worn n and rounded over.
The durability is pretty good but it's almost a moot point because the stick itself will last so long and it is so quick and easy to reapply that durability is not an issue IMO. [/quote]
Message: Posted by: psychod (May 30, 2015 11:54AM)
I have to agree with all of the positive reviews posted here. I made my own ID deck and it works great! I can see eventually needing to buy another one but not for a long, long time (unless you are making up many decks at once). I find it to be one of those products that does what is says it does without any caveats! I highly recommend it.

Dave
Message: Posted by: Chessmann (Jun 9, 2015 10:23PM)
One thing that does need to be said.

Both the roughing stick and standard roughing spray reflect light in a different manner than the card itself does. So at the right (wrong?) angle, specs can see a difference in the reflected light where the roughing stick has been applied. Just the nature of the beast. With the stick, the pattern is much rougher looking.

The ad copy for the Harry Robson stick says 'no residue' and this is true, there is nothing visible that is left on the card. However, the applied areas do reflect light differently, and shine at certain angles where the un-applied areas do not shine, just as roughing spray will do unless applied to the entire card.

So in this respect, when specs are able to view the roughed side of a card, there is no particular advantage as far as reflected light is concerned.
Message: Posted by: Gregor Von G. (Jun 10, 2015 09:36AM)
Thank you for the review!
I was looking for a review of RS for a long time, and here it is.
I'll manage to order it.
Thanks Again
Message: Posted by: Gregor Von G. (Jun 10, 2015 09:38AM)
I just checked the website,
there's a "Easy Rough" and "HR Roughing Sticks"....what's the difference?
Message: Posted by: Chessmann (Jun 10, 2015 01:32PM)
This is it. It is available at Penguin, too.

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/card-magic/harry-robson-roughing-stick/
Message: Posted by: Chessmann (Jun 10, 2015 02:03PM)
"Easy Rough" is Harry's older version. It is not as good as the newer version.
Message: Posted by: Gregor Von G. (Jun 11, 2015 01:38AM)
Thank you for answering.
Message: Posted by: KristoBall (Aug 1, 2015 05:17PM)
Thanks for the helpful reviews and comments - I did go ahead and buy one, and have used it to make a couple of IDs. Two questions for the experts here... what is your preferred method of applying? Do you coat the entire card using the long end, make an "X" with the tip, etc.? I have a hard time finding that sweet spot between too much and not enough. Also not sure I need to coat the entirety of the card, etc. For example, in one effect I have, I like the spectators to deal off the top of a coated deck. If it's TOO sticky, they will notice.

My first deck attempt was too sticky to let spectators freely handle until I had done worn the deck in after about 20 uses I'd guess. But that leads into my second question. Now that deck has some serious wear on it, but nothing outrageous, and it seems not be sticky enough. So how would you rate the durability of the cards staying as a proper ID as compared to spray?

Thanks very much!
Message: Posted by: Xiqual (Aug 9, 2015 01:34AM)
Harry covers everything in the download. you do not cover the entire card. You can't separate them if you do. You just very lightly use it.
watch the download, all will be revealed.
James

[quote]On Aug 1, 2015, KristoBall wrote:
Thanks for the helpful reviews and comments - I did go ahead and buy one, and have used it to make a couple of IDs. Two questions for the experts here... what is your preferred method of applying? Do you coat the entire card using the long end, make an "X" with the tip, etc.? I have a hard time finding that sweet spot between too much and not enough. Also not sure I need to coat the entirety of the card, etc. For example, in one effect I have, I like the spectators to deal off the top of a coated deck. If it's TOO sticky, they will notice.

My first deck attempt was too sticky to let spectators freely handle until I had done worn the deck in after about 20 uses I'd guess. But that leads into my second question. Now that deck has some serious wear on it, but nothing outrageous, and it seems not be sticky enough. So how would you rate the durability of the cards staying as a proper ID as compared to spray?

Thanks very much! [/quote]
Message: Posted by: KristoBall (Aug 11, 2015 02:50PM)
Awesome. thank you! I actually didn't realize there was a video and reached out to Vanishing Inc - they sent me the link straight away. Looking forward to watching the tips. Appreciate the fast response.
Message: Posted by: Xiqual (Aug 12, 2015 12:20PM)
Youre welcome and believe me, this is money well spent. The IDs I make with Harry's stick are far superior to any store bought ID. You can overhand shuffle easily and a whole lot more.
James
Message: Posted by: KristoBall (Aug 12, 2015 07:04PM)
Terrific to hear. I'm actually working on an effect I hope to sell, so I want to make sure any potential buyers will get a quality deck that lasts a long time. thanks for the endorsement, I'm going to use it. I'll let you know when/if the effect is ready too, would be great to get the Café community's opinion on it! Thanks again.
Message: Posted by: DavidKenney (Jun 20, 2018 01:50PM)
Just got these - awesome !!!

[youtube]mpRPv2buXkc[/youtube]
Message: Posted by: videoman (Jun 22, 2018 01:28AM)
I LOVE these sticks. Another wonderful quality of them that isn’t mentioned enough is that they are similar to Science Friction in that you only need to apply it to one card of the pair. So you can get a one way force deck and combine it with a regular deck and easily make up a great forcing deck. And the card they select can be totally untreated so absolutely nothing for them to see or feel.

You can also easily add it to existing decks you already own. For example, I recently got The Omen (which I also love) and in a minute or two added the stick in the necessary areas so now I can spread through and show the entire deck. While this obviously isn’t completely necessary I feel it adds to the cleanliness of the effect. And again, the cards that end up out of the deck are untreated so they can be handled by a spec without worry.

I also use it on business cards as part of a mentalism routine.

Now to be fair, IMO it does wear out a little quicker than other substances. But that’s not a big deal because you can reapply it in seconds. So if you use a certain treated deck constantly it’s a good idea to spend 90 seconds a week just to freshen it up.

Once you have this you’ll discover all kinds of uses for it over time.
BTW, I’ve owned mine for 2 or 3 years and I still have 3/4 of it left, and I’ve used it a ton.
No fumes, no drying time, works wonders, what’s not to like?
Try applying a spray while you’re watching TV in the den and then tell me you don’t see any advantages with the stick. :)
Message: Posted by: magicbyswh (Jun 28, 2018 05:05AM)
I have one of these and it does not seem to be marking properly on the card. Is it possible these sticks can get dried out?
Message: Posted by: daffydoug (Jul 9, 2018 06:00PM)
I purchased mine from Penguin a couple years ago, and could not be happier! It has lasted me all this time, and I make a LOT of roughed cards! I still have a good portion of the stick left.

I love this product!
Message: Posted by: daffydoug (Jul 10, 2018 06:16AM)
Now I have actually taken the time to truly peruse this thread, and I think that even though I love my roughing stick as I said, the reviews of the improvements have swayed me to purchase the newer version.
Message: Posted by: EndersGame (Sep 18, 2018 10:00PM)
Do you need to apply this to both cards that are back-to-back, or just one card?
Message: Posted by: videoman (Sep 18, 2018 10:09PM)
Just one card. And typically just one third of one card.
Message: Posted by: yin_howe (Sep 21, 2018 03:17AM)
[quote]On Sep 19, 2018, videoman wrote:
Just one card. And typically just one third of one card. [/quote]


Erm... You need to apply to both surfaces.
Message: Posted by: rasp (Sep 21, 2018 04:58PM)
No, just one surface.
Message: Posted by: rasp (Sep 22, 2018 08:25AM)
Sorry, I meant to say both surfaces, for some reason I was thinking about Frixion spray when I wrote the previous message.
Message: Posted by: videoman (Sep 22, 2018 09:08AM)
No, you were actually right the first time.
The roughing stick, like Science Friction, only needs to be applied to one surface.
Message: Posted by: Poof-Daddy (Sep 22, 2018 10:09PM)
3:46 into the actual teaching video (they are making a "Pop Eyed Popper" as a demo), Harry applies one swipe across the middle to [b]both[/b] surfaces to make the deck (once on the card face then the next on the card back) so EVERY card gets an application on one side or the other, just one application to each card.

I have just about every "roughing product out there" and find this to be "My" least favorite. That does not mean that it doesn't work or is totally inferior to other methods, it just means I will never make this my first choice. I made an ID following the instructions - medium pressure, one quick swipe across middle of surface using the short side. I too had clumps form at first (like speed bumps) but I peeled them away and re-applied with a gentler pressure. My deck however, barely fits back in the card box now. The roughing stick material has greatly thickend the center of the deck. I am sure over time and practice this can go down some, but due to what the material is, it will always leave at least some added thickness.

As for the sick itself, it looked very familiar to me when I opened the box (I bought two for the special price at VI and because of several great reviews over time). Anyway, it looked so familiar, I went one of my many magic drawers (I store different effect types as well as needed extras in different drawers) and I pulled out two small black and clear containers I bought years ago from the mall magic chain "Magic Max" and the two side by side items were the exact same size color and consistency (without going thru lab analysis) so I tried my old stuff with the same result.

Needless to say, I am a bit underwhelmed by this product "compared to" much better products I own and that are on the market and/or easy to obtain at the local hobby shop or Walmart. You may get better mileage out of this and that is fine, I'm just saying for what it really appears to be, I will not be using it often, if at all. (I do see some lesser level potential for it though).
Message: Posted by: videoman (Sep 23, 2018 02:07AM)
Yes, Harry did both sides which you can do, but I have very dry hands and prefer them to separate a little more easily. That video is pretty old and it's become well-known amongst stick users that treating one side works perfectly fine for most every purpose. It doesn't last quite as long but you can refresh it in 60 seconds so no big deal.

The ease and speed of application with no fumes or drying time is what really won me over with this product.

Poof, not sure about the center of your deck getting thicker. I've made dozens of decks for myself as well as others and have never experienced this. Of course I am only treating one card so maybe that is the difference. I've done several Phoenix DD decks and never experienced that either. Maybe you are applying too much. I've also made up about a dozen 40 card stacks of business cards for various forces and never had a thickening in the center. This is great doing just one side so that the card they end up with is totally clean with absolutely nothing for them to see or feel.

To me it is waaaay better than anything else on the market. I'm probably one of the few that have purchased more than one can of SF (OK, there are probably hundreds of us) but now I have a full unused can and another half a can of it just sitting there unused for 2 years. They are sitting there next to my cans of Plasti-Dip, Flex Sealant, Dull Cote and Krylon spray matte. I have a small collapsible spray booth that would allow me to spray an entire deck at a time, along with the masking shields from Card-Shark and I have retired all of them. Now if I need something treated I just make them up at my desk while watching a video or lecture on my computer.
Message: Posted by: Poof-Daddy (Sep 23, 2018 04:49PM)
I very well may have applied too much. There is not a solid definition of "medium pressure". My medium may be his extra hard for all I know. This was also my first attempt and even with the difficulty I had, it still works properly, I just really notice the center bulge - but, with what the product actually is, there will always be a thicker spot where applied so even a very thin layer over (26 or 52) cards (whichever you prefer) it would have to add "something" although not noticeable to a layman.

In the end, I have the same stock of products you mention and use some more than others. I know that this is going to my "fix on the fly" kit and not my regular "Arts and Crafts sessions Days".
Message: Posted by: jskalon (Sep 29, 2018 05:14PM)
I thought I posted this, but somehow, it didn't go through.i just received my roughing stick. It came in the box without any instructions or video link. Is there a place to access the vid?
Message: Posted by: videoman (Sep 29, 2018 08:47PM)
[quote]On Sep 29, 2018, jskalon wrote:
I thought I posted this, but somehow, it didn't go through.i just received my roughing stick. It came in the box without any instructions or video link. Is there a place to access the vid? [/quote]

PM'ed you.
Message: Posted by: yin_howe (Sep 29, 2018 10:43PM)
[quote]On Sep 30, 2018, jskalon wrote:
I thought I posted this, but somehow, it didn't go through.i just received my roughing stick. It came in the box without any instructions or video link. Is there a place to access the vid? [/quote]

The link is inside the box, under the Stick.
Message: Posted by: ko_brian (Nov 1, 2018 10:18PM)
I recently bought it and I noticed that it is leaving to much residue on the card. I wonder if there is any chance of it expiring? Anyone had theirs expired?
Message: Posted by: mrpiper (Nov 19, 2018 08:31PM)
[quote]On Nov 1, 2018, ko_brian wrote:
I recently bought it and I noticed that it is leaving to much residue on the card. I wonder if there is any chance of it expiring? Anyone had theirs expired? [/quote]

I have had one for several years. It still works like new. I find that each time I use it, I do best if I take a few "throw away cards" from old decks, or ad cards or jokers and practice / warm up until I get in the groove. I put a medium pressure to the middle of the back for most applications and have very rarely had too much residue.
Message: Posted by: ko_brian (Nov 19, 2018 09:57PM)
[quote]On Nov 19, 2018, mrpiper wrote:
[quote]On Nov 1, 2018, ko_brian wrote:
I recently bought it and I noticed that it is leaving to much residue on the card. I wonder if there is any chance of it expiring? Anyone had theirs expired? [/quote]

I have had one for several years. It still works like new. I find that each time I use it, I do best if I take a few "throw away cards" from old decks, or ad cards or jokers and practice / warm up until I get in the groove. I put a medium pressure to the middle of the back for most applications and have very rarely had too much residue. [/quote]

Thank you very much for the tip, I’ll try it out!
Message: Posted by: Germain1134 (Jul 24, 2019 12:59PM)
Does anyone know if this will work on other stock such as paper or color copies, or only playing card stock.
Message: Posted by: videoman (Jul 24, 2019 01:08PM)
I can vouch that it will work on business cards.

But I have also found that if you print on glossy photo paper it will act as its own R/S and no other treatment is necessary.
Applying blank self-adhesive label paper to the backs of those you do not wish to adhere allows those to slide freely.
PM me if anyone wishes more detailed info.
Message: Posted by: Germain1134 (Jul 24, 2019 01:13PM)
Thank you.
Message: Posted by: chanor (Oct 12, 2019 03:35PM)
I received one from Stevens Magic recently. I am convinced that it is old and dried out. Barely works, even with much pressure on application.
Message: Posted by: chanor (Oct 12, 2019 03:35PM)
I received one from Stevens Magic recently. I am convinced that it is old and dried out. Barely works, even with much pressure on application.