(Close Window)
Topic: Martinka Coin Club
Sounds interesting. New trick every month. Supposedly all new gimmicks that have never been seen before.
Http://www.martinka.com/martinka-coin-club/

link may help :-)

I wonder what kind of quality their stuff is (never heard of them before) and is it all clad?
At $29 can't imagine it not being any better than clad.
I was thinking the same thing. Also don't see how they can crank out 12 new gimmicks that we've never seen before.
I asked and they said all gimmicks will be made from US coins currently in circulation
Been around for a long time.
I have never heard of them.
Todd
[quote]On Mar 28, 2015, emyers99 wrote:
Supposedly all new gimmicks that have never been seen before. [/quote]

Where does it say that?
I got this right off the Web site:

[quote] Offered will be tricks that are not yet on the market, original ideas, new twists on old ideas and more. [/quote]

That's a far cry from all new, never before seen gimmicks.
Quote from their Facebook page:

The gimmicks are new & not previously released, so they will not duplicate those you already have. There are some very unusual pieces in the mix.
If this turns out to be a winner, I can just imagine the whining that will be going on here in about a year for those who didn't subscribe. :bg:
Definitely intrigued and tempted but I also have to remind myself that these are the same guys who released the Flicker Coin!

Granted, nobody bats a thousand....but still....
I missed that buried in the comments. Interesting, but think I'll pass. I'm not one for buying much sight unseen, and I've already got more gaffs than are really necessary.
(is that the first step to becoming a recovering gaffaholic?)

[quote]On Mar 29, 2015, emyers99 wrote:
Quote from their Facebook page:

The gimmicks are new & not previously released, so they will not duplicate those you already have. There are some very unusual pieces in the mix. [/quote]
There's just so much you can do to a coin right?
Todd
I believe in innovation as Engineering is my day job. But there needs to be evidence for investors that the innovation produced will meet expectations.
I have taken the leap. I will report on the routines and the gaffs as they come in.
Me too
Thanks guys!

caL
I'm thinking about it.
When does the first one come out?
Email I got last week said the first would be out in a few weeks.
Why not? I'm in.
I figured I'd go ahead and jump in too. You can always cancel, but I'd hate to miss something too cool.
I'm thinking the first time has to be a show-stopper. There has not been a lot of publicity about this that I've seen, I think they are counting on word of mouth after the first one ships. And so it has to be such a no-brainer that everyone will want to sign up so they don't miss the next one.

And if not, I've wasted a lot more than $30 before.
I thought that about Real Secrets and man was I disappointed. Mostly all duds. Hoping this is significantly better but am not holding my breath.
Eric,
What was Real Secrets? I know that may be a bit of a diversion from this topic, but I am curious. You can PM a reply to keep this thread on topic if needed.
Spoke to them today first one will be shipped in about 10 days, those who signed up will receive an email asking then to register on the website. All they would say is that the gaff uses a half dollar.
Keeps getting dragged out. I'll be stunned if it ships in 10 days.
[quote]On Apr 14, 2015, emyers99 wrote:
Keeps getting dragged out. I'll be stunned if it ships in 10 days. [/quote]

You can't just buy one, you have to sign up for the monthly subscription. If they don't ship the first one before the second charge kicks in I think there will be a problem. Or a lot of work refunding everyone's subscription.
[quote]On Apr 10, 2015, emyers99 wrote:
Email I got last week said the first would be out in a few weeks. [/quote]
On April 14 they said it would ship in about ten days. There seems to be some consistency between the statements. Let's not hange them before the crime is committed.
They posted the below on FB today....intriguing

https://www.facebook.com/martinkamagic?fref=nf
I took the plunge as well...yes, I am a gaffaholic...
I like the fact you can cancel at any time. Also, Martinka has a pretty good rep, and they have been around for some time, so I felt this might be a safe investment...I'm thinking the effects will really need to be amazing, as Fredr500 also stated above, especially the first release, or people will lose interest and unsubscribe.
I also signed on... let's see what goes on... I'm so intrigued.
According Martinka's FaceBook page they will start shipping this week.
I took the plunge, too. I will let you know what I think about the first release when it arrives. I was fortunate to take some magic lessons from Al Schneider in the 70's. He taught me some great coin stuff.:spinningcoin:
Now I'm wondering if I should have gone in for 2. If this is good the secondary market should explode.

Or not.

And that's the dilemma.
Interesting dilemma, fredr500. I, personally, am in no doubt that I will not be ordering one, let alone two, of any gaff of which I know absolutely nothing at all.
One is enough. I probably wouldn't have posted about a dilemma if I had reached 50 posts. Until I get there every post counts.
Can anyone access the private area? I get "not authorized" and have not heard back from them yet.
They fixed me, I can now access the private site. You know what it says? Coming soon, or words to that effect.

So no news yet.
Just received my tracking information. The gafus is in the mail.
[quote]On Apr 24, 2015, fredr500 wrote:
One is enough. I probably wouldn't have posted about a dilemma if I had reached 50 posts. Until I get there every post counts. [/quote]

Unfortunately, you will be sorely disappointed when you hit 50 posts. The pot at the end of the rainbow if pretty much full of rocks rather than gold :-)
[quote]On Apr 28, 2015, Poof-Daddy wrote:

Unfortunately, you will be sorely disappointed when you hit 50 posts. The pot at the end of the rainbow if pretty much full of rocks rather than gold :-) [/quote]

Thanks for the warning. I'm not surprised.
Kudos to those brave souls who have taken the plunge. I'd love to hear your reactions.
[quote]On Apr 28, 2015, tomsk192 wrote:
Kudos to those brave souls who have taken the plunge. I'd love to hear your reactions. [/quote]

I have not gotten shipping confirmation, I'm wondering where I am in the queue. Hopefully someone will give a response soon.
Hopefully the prize that comes in the email won't be one of these situations....

Indeed, here's to the brave souls who took the plunge. Either they will be the cool kids who got in early...or very disappointed cool kids (still cool in my book as they are throwing themselves into the great unknown for all our benefits!).
Fred,

I haven't gotten the shipping email, either, but did get the introductory email circa April 21 stating that they would ship in the order in which people joined the club. I only signed on a few weeks ago, so I won't sweat it. Looking forward to the package, whenever it arrives and whatever it may be.
And this is something you pay for?
Mine arrived today. Very impressed with the gimmick. Something I've never seen before. Haven't had a chance to play with it or try the effect, but first impression is a very pleasant surprise.
What is the effect?
What is the gimmick?
[quote]On Apr 30, 2015, emyers99 wrote:
Mine arrived today. Very impressed with the gimmick. Something I've never seen before. Haven't had a chance to play with it or try the effect, but first impression is a very pleasant surprise. [/quote]

Come on Eric, talk. Spill the beans. Enquiring minds want to know.
More thoughts shortly.
Hold on Eric, make sure you give a spoiler alert warning before divulging more info. Some of us like to be surprised you know.
Spoiler Alert: if you want to be surprised when you get Product 1, don't read any further.

Hole 3.0

Effect: half dollar with a hole through the eagle's wing. You visually slide hole to eagle's tail. You then drag hole to eagle's head. Finally, you magically link the coin onto a key ring and then hand out for examination.

Gaff: definitely unique. Seems like very good quality. Can't say much without revealing the method, but I will say that it's so unique that it has a "clutch." Package comes with everything you need to perform.

Instruction: comes with well produced paper booklet instructions that contain a link to video instructions. I like that you can learn through both paper and video. Very well done.

My thoughts: a very nice first effort. Effect is unique. Package is very well put together. Gaff is well made and like nothing you've seen before. Reset is instant. Preparation is instant. Will I use it professionally? Not sure. The negative for me is that you are dealing with a shiny silve coin and the eagle is not super visual in and of itself. So to really see that the hole moves from wing to tail to head, you need to look somewhat closely at the coin. So at most, I see this as a one on one effect. Maybe two people. Not a killer. The bigger issue I have is that, because of the method, you really can't have people zooming in to stare closely at the coin until you move the hole to the head. So audience management is important and there is a slight angle consideration. Not to say that handling is fishy or that the gaff isn't deceptive. You just need to pay attention and focus on finger position.

These are just my initial impressions. Time will tell. I do like the package. Easily worth the asking price. Definitely looking forward to future shipments.
Had fun playing with this today and did it once at a black tie gig tonight. Came up with a handling for the final link that is much better and more visual than what is taught.
Good! They seem to keep their promise! It's a pity that I subscribe only from number 2
Anyone else get theirs?
USPS tracking says mine is due today (it didn't come) but status is it sat in NJ for over 2 days and just left last night.

Maybe tomorrow, maybe Thursday. I'm glad Eric told us what it is so I'm not as anxious.
Got mine yesterday. Very interesting. I can't add much substantively to your review except to say that it is far more than I had expected.
I keep playing with it. I use a spellbound change for the finale and because the key ring never goes out of sight, the visual is awesome.
I got mine yesterday and for the life of me can't figure out the instructions... I love visuals and hope they'll post member-only videos dummies like me.
There are videos posted, the links are in the instructions. Performance and two versions of explanations, much easier for me to follow than the written lesson.
Thanks so much!!!
Finally got mine today. Pretty interesting and definitely different than I expected, I never would have guessed it would be what it is.
A pretty decent value for the money although the quality is only fair to good IMO, certainly not great. Makes me wonder what the future releases will be. Something inside me says this club is going to end very abruptly but we'll see.
Kind of fun to get a surprise in the mail. I was under the impression that new items were going to be released monthly but now I realize I may have just assumed that so maybe if I continue on I will end up paying much more for these items than I was aware of. Is there a release schedule posted anywhere?

Regarding the written instructions, they are VERY poorly written. I guess because of having video instructions available they weren't too concerned about the written instructions. I haven't watched the video yet but I will need to because I certainly can't rely on the written instructions alone. Whomever wrote those had no experience writing technical instructions, and the tiny thumbnail photos didn't help much.

Overall, not unhappy with it. But not sure it's something I will use.
My take on the first one -- but in my humble opinion -- was that it's too small an effect and requires your spectator to be very close up looking down. I imagined coin magic that you can perform close up with a few people - but not that close up. I expected more from MM's first release. We'll see that happens with the second piece... and it's got to have some good value...
[quote]On May 12, 2015, videoman wrote:
I was under the impression that new items were going to be released monthly but now I realize I may have just assumed that so maybe if I continue on I will end up paying much more for these items than I was aware of. Is there a release schedule posted anywhere?

[/quote]

The web site states "With Martinka Coin Club, we will be providing a new coin magic item each month on a limited basis." This makes me believe that it would be monthly. What makes you think that this is incorrect?
[quote]On May 12, 2015, magringo wrote:
My take on the first one -- but in my humble opinion -- was that it's too small an effect and requires your spectator to be very close up looking down. I imagined coin magic that you can perform close up with a few people - but not that close up. I expected more from MM's first release. We'll see that happens with the second piece... and it's got to have some good value... [/quote]

This was my main concern as well. With an aged coin, the details of the coin design would show up much better and that would require less of a close up view. But I've performed it several times now and have been surprised that this issue hasn't really been an issue. The moving hole sequence is quick and the end link is so visual (if you use my earlier mentioned spellbound link instead of the link taught in the instructions) people almost forget the moving hole.
I jumped in on this right away. First off I love coin magic. So was curious at how "new" and "different" the stuff would be. And as I saw someone stated up about.. you can cancel at any time. So really, for the small price it is not much of a risk. All though most of my coin magic is just pure sleight of hand.. I like to throw in something gimmiced to give myself a break and let the coin do some of the magic. And with that while some spectators may now be watching my hands more closely.. my hands are 'sleight' resting and I'm letting the coin do the work for me.

I was impressed with the first release all though I am currently working on something else and haven't had time to give it proper toying with I certainly will in the future. I look forward to see what future releases they come out with.

Those that did not get in on the first release missed something pretty cool.

Eddy
No word on date of next release.
I read somewhere (maybe Facebook?) that they will ship May 26.
I received this gimmick and was extremely impressed. It is a brand new mechanism that is both clever and innovative.

It is also routined nicely, and it is a great combination between the self-working method and sleight-of-hand. The first two moving hole phases use the ingenuity of the gimmick, and the final phase (coin linking onto the keychain) is a simple sleight that makes everything examinable.

I am excited for next month!
Hopefully no. 2 started shipping today. Exciting.
Thanks, I'd forgotten all about this. One more reason to stare at the empty mailbox.
[quote]On Apr 28, 2015, fredr500 wrote:
[quote]On Apr 28, 2015, Poof-Daddy wrote:

Unfortunately, you will be sorely disappointed when you hit 50 posts. The pot at the end of the rainbow if pretty much full of rocks rather than gold :-) [/quote]

Thanks for the warning. I'm not surprised. [/quote]

You get what you put in, guys...

Julie
I have to say that for the area that I am most interested (not coins) I am finding a wealth of information now that I have hit 50 posts. Well worth the effort.
Got ship notice for second installment. "Minted"
Minted arrived today. Have to say, I'm impressed again. Whereas trick one was mechanically innovative, Minted is thematically innovative. You get three gimmicks, one of which is clearly new and unique. I won't give anything away so as not to spoil the surprise for those that don't yet have it, but I will say that this is a coin to impossible location....except that with Minted, the coin actually becomes the impossible location. As with trick one, an element of bravery is needed for part of the routine. It will be interesting to practice to see if I can make it deceptive. If so, the end result is worth it.
I liked the first release; I really like this second one, which I received today. Probably appeal to me due to the fact they are both tricks you can carry around and do at a moments notice...and have to give Martinka props for coming out with stuff that is unique and different (at least to me)...in my opinion, for $28.00 per release, it's a pretty good deal.
Have to agree. For $28 per month, the project has been an absolute steal thus far. Let's hope they can keep it up.
Anyone try Minted in a real show yet?
I like Minted better than the first release. The issue I have with the first release is the handling is a bit tight, it seems best for a one on one type performance. Minted is more conducive to an open handling allowing for more people to view the trick. Also Minted is a less cerebral effect, it is a clear and shocking effect, the spectators clearly understand the effect (children totally get the concept, too). Regarding the value, $28 per trick so far has been a bargain!

Mike
I'm reeeeally tempted to go for this... but then again I try to shy away from gimmicks on principle to not become reliant on them - but then again this is a good way to dip my toes into that world ... ARG!!
[quote]On Jun 16, 2015, Bin wrote:
I'm reeeeally tempted to go for this... but then again I try to shy away from gimmicks on principle to not become reliant on them - but then again this is a good way to dip my toes into that world ... ARG!! [/quote]

Maybe, maybe not. These seem to be (so far) single-effect gimmicks. That may be suitable for "dipping toes".
On the other hand, a basic, more general gimmick like a C/S or a [ might let you "dip your toes" into a much larger pool with more to explore at both the shallow and deep ends.
Okay. I think I'll buy a square bracket, then. When I'm ready.
[quote]On Jun 16, 2015, Bin wrote:
Okay. I think I'll buy a square bracket, then. When I'm ready. [/quote]

I was really confused for a minute.
Okay, you guys sold me. I'm sorry I missed the first two, but I should be in on the third. Thanks for all the good information :)
Any chance to buy the first two?
I would also be interested in buying the first two. Really wish I would have known about this sooner. They sound great.
Totally worth the money thus far. Remains to be seen whether the standard can remain high but thus far, I really look forward to a new release every month. I've been performing for 30 years and have never liked coin magic. Not sure why, but it's never been my thing. I do perform a few and have just about every coin Schoolcraft has released. The first two releases from Martinka have been incredibly unique and that's perhaps the part I look forward to the most. In any event, this is just plain fun thus far.
It's like Christmas comes every month now!
For those guys that missed the first two, Martinka said some of the releases will be sold individually at a later date. Not sure if that will incude the first two but it's worth checking in with Martinka to get the details.

Mike
I remember that as well. I have to assume these will all be public releases at some point. Can't be any money in it for them if these are just limited Coin Club releases. I'm also assuming the public release price will be substantially higher than the Club price.
Sounds like coin 3 is shipping this week.
Any news on 3? The site says it's too late to get it. I usually see a few reviews before mine ships and I haven't seen anything yet so I guess it's still going to be a while. It's got to be tough to maintain a monthly schedule.
I usually am one of the first to get the new release and I haven't received #3 yet.
Just got my shipping notice so looks like Midas is about a week away
Well it looks like Martinka coin club has finally struck gold. The new release is impressive.
Ugh. The suspense is killing me. This will be my first coin since signing up and I can't wait to learn something about it!!!!
Another nice release. A tad more traditional than the first two releases but still very nice. Video doesn't appear to be up yet but written instructions are decent enough. Potential for a nice souvenir as Martinka claims it will be making one of the coins available so you can give away if you want.
Mine is to arrive on the 14th. Can anyone else chime in regarding this third coin club release?
Looks like mine is finally coming tomorrow. Can't wait to check it out. A little surprised the video hasn't appeared on their website yet. Actually, it was only talked about once in a July 1st posting on their site when they mentioned the second batch had been sent (even though there was no post about the first batch sent.) Seemed kind of odd, but I am really looking forward to tomorrow :) This will be my first one.
I got it and I love it! Quality is top notch. URL for the video instructions isn't working yet, but most of us know what to do and there is written, illustrated instructions. It's pretty sweet and simple. In Midas you pull a pocket full of change out and find a special gold penny (plated with 24k gold). You take the gold "Midas" penny and set it in your palm. Then you take a quarter from your change and set it next to the gold penny. Close your hand and then reopen. The legend of Midas has now turned the quarter to gold (also 24k gold plated).

Next, you explain you can do this with dimes too. You pull a dime from your pocket, put it in your hand with the penny, close your fingers around the coins and reopen. They are both gold!

Best part is, the audience can take them right out of your open palm and inspect them. As was stated in an earlier post you can even give them the gold dime if you'd like (as Martinka says they will be selling them soon).

Really nice piece of magic that is easy to learn. I was able to perform it for family in less than 10 minutes (though it is always better to practice longer of course). Really happy with this one! Great job folks! :spinningcoin:
Yes, just received, I like it!...the only thing is my dime does not seem to be as gold colored as my quarter...have not had a chance to really do more than glance at it...anyone know if the URL is up? I cannot seem to find it
Very satisfied with the Martinka release #3. This is my favorite so far. I like the simple visual changes and for me it's simply fun. Definitely will order additional dimes too.

CHRIS
Still waiting to receive mine and no shipping notice yet.
I'm always one of the last to receive each new effect.
I should've signed up sooner :(
Like Videoman :(
Last time I checked the video still wasn't up yet. There are a few things in the instructions that can be kind of confusing, like when they tell you to put "one of the dimes" under a coin. It can't just be "one of the dimes". It has to be a certain dime :) But like MagiChrisMitch so perfectly stated.....it's fun!

Now I am counting down the clock to the next one!
Video is at http://martinka.com/r3103...
you'll need to login to coin club area before going to the link
Dooblehorn is right, the videos (3 of them) are now available. And if you're curious, a bag of 12 gold plated dimes will cost you about 20.00. Not a bad little investment that allows you to give away the gold dime after the trick. Genius!

You'll find the link to the extra dimes by clicking video one and reading the description. Thanks Martinka Coin Club. I'm an instant fan!
[quote]On Jul 14, 2015, magicshowprod wrote:
And if you're curious, a bag of 12 gold plated dimes will cost you about 20.00. Not a bad little investment that allows you to give away the gold dime after the trick. Genius!

[/quote]

Twenty 24KT gold plated dimes are available on ebay for $8.95.
Looks like number 4 is two weeks out. Called KFC and Martinka claims this is the most versatile release thus far.
[quote]On Jul 22, 2015, emyers99 wrote:
Looks like number 4 is two weeks out. Called KFC and Martinka claims this is the most versatile release thus far. [/quote]

Maybe 2 weeks out for you Eric.
I just got shipping notice for Midas. :)

What would a fast food chicken restaurant know about coin gaffs anyway?
Not sure why I always get mine so quickly. Wonder how many people signed up. I guess I must have been one of the first to sign up.
I would say you were certainly the first to sign up as far as people who post regularly here on the Cafť.
But no hard feelings from me, you earned your spot at the front of the line by being willing to take the plunge so quickly.
I had cold feet for too long.
Besides I still get mine the same time apart as you get yours. And none of us would even be aware of any delay if it weren't for this dang Cafť.
If nothing else, I'm impressed that Martinka has been able to live up to its promise to deliver gaffs that have never been seen before. Truly impressive.
Release number 3 was not original, it's a trick with 2 gimmicks very usual...
But also very cool. I'm enjoying that one a lot. So far I have been very happy with their releases. Can't wait for the next one :)
Midas may be my favorite one so far.
My only complaint is it would have been nice if they had included a gold quarter in the set.
Not only could you have handed it out but it also would have opened up the possibility of segueing into other follow up effects using the quarter.
I checked on line and found several places that will sell you a gold dipped quarter. You might even be able to get them from Martinka. A gold quarter would be an excellent addition to their Midas!

Anybody received the next release yet? Sounds like it's going to be a good one too!
I signed up for the coin club today. I'm glad to see the good reviews. Didn't know I was late to the game!
Got my shipping notice today.
Mine shipped out today. I can't wait for this one!
Another nice package. Creative take on CSB gimmick with a half dollar, a centavo and a key ring. Seems very well made. Like the others, it's a quick one hitter. You could probably add a phase or two if you put some thought into it.
I really enjoyed KFC,and felt like I could do several routines with this one as opposed to the first and second releases. Kudos to Ted and the Martinka site for creating an excellent "club".
These are great! 4 nice releases. I'll be saddened when the year ends.
The club has exceeded my expectations so far.
Now admittedly my expectations were pretty low and I was prepared to be disappointed but I'm very glad I signed up in the beginning.
I've really enjoyed it and feel like I've gotten my money's worth every month, and it seems like every new release I like better than the one before.
Nice too that you never have to think about it, a package just shows up every month and it's always a nice treat.
Curious what the rest of the year will bring.
Mine is sitting in my mailbox just waiting for me to get home and take it for a spin. Can't wait! I hope they will decide to do this club longer than the announced 12 months. I'll keep my fingers crossed :)
KFC is a hit....and no...it has nothing to do with chicken. But what it does have to do with is objects flying invisibly through the air.

The magician shows a half dollar, a centavo and a key ring. They then put all three into a little fabric pouch. Then, one by one, the magician removes the centavo and the key ring and puts them in his pocket.

But, with a little magic of your own doing (you can use a magic word, a magic hand wave or even create a story), when the spectator spills out the pouch onto the table expecting to see the half dollar........the key ring and the centavo fall out! And guess what's in your pocket? The half dollar :)

This one will get your imagination flowing. There are so many ways to present this. I'm already working on a routine I'm calling "Rewind."

Great job Martinka! This is my favorite one so far!
KFC is my favorite so far. First it was Hole 3.0 but it's for select audiences since you have to be careful about angles.
Midas was my next favorite. It's a nice piece that you can do slow and have the audience savor the moment.

KFC KILLS!!
Whoever thought of this premise and the gimmicks has definitely thought outside the box.
A half dollar, a centavo and a keyring are placed in a small cloth bag.
You remove the keyring and the centavo and place them in your pocket.
You give the bag to the spectator to take out the half dollar.
They are surprised to find the keyring and the centavo. You have the half dollar.
This is a winner!!
By the way, the Martinka Coin Club is only $28.00 a month.
Some members are selling the coin releases for about the same amount.
But if you check the site, release 1 is going to sell for $80.00 when/if they decide to sell it.
Release 2 is listed at $45.00
Release 3 is listed at $45.00
Release 4 (KFC) is listed at $45.00

You're getting more than your money's worth by being a member. You're selling yourself short for selling your releases at close to cost.
It's a nice gimmick but at the same time feels like a short hopping halves trick take it away and they reappear.
I like the concept of KFC very much, always love to see things move forward in the world of coin gaffs.
The props are pretty well made too, in fact for the club price they are excellent.
However, this is probably the routine out of those released so far that I'd be least likely to perform. But that is only because I already have a CSB as well as a Sun/Moon routine that I do which are similar in nature and I don't see KFC replacing either of those.
Hey fellow clubbers, for anyone who performs Midas I thought you might be interested that I bought some gold plated quarters on the big auction site.
They match the gimmick perfectly.

I got 10 state quarters for 8.78 plus 2.74 shipping so total was just under $12.00.
There are probably even better deals if you shop around more. I just got the first reasonably price set I came upon but that looked like it would be a good match and were located in the USA. Some of the international dealers can take weeks to arrive.

The company is called Vernon Coin Center, nice name eh?
But that is because they are located in Vernon, CT.

I don't intend to give these away as part of the routine, but you could if you wanted to for a special group or something.
I just wanted to be able to switch out the gimmick and let a spec hold it for a moment while I make the dime change. That handling just worked better in the flow of the routine I do with it.

Even if you add on the cost of the extra quarters it's still a good value for the overall routine if you got it at the special club price.

Also, one tip that I do is I keep the gold coins really shiny because I think it should look like bright, new gold. But I dull up and slightly darken the silver coins to create more contrast.
Typically with a silver/copper routine you do just the opposite, but again IMO the gold looks better shiny.
Something I neglected to mention and probably should have is that if you do polish up the gold coins please be very, very careful.
The plating on most of these coins is about a molecule thick, IOW it's an extremely thin coating so it's easy to go right thru it.
I use a very soft jeweler's cloth and go very lightly.
But do so at your own risk, and I certainly wouldn't do it very often.
Anyone know anything about Release #5 or the status of the coin club? The site says 22 days for release 6 but no word on 5 and they have quit updating their blog. The last blog entry is from before their shipment of KFC and is dated July 17.
I received notification of shipment yesterday.
I also received this on my facebook page.

Martinka Coin Club Release 5 is now shipping.
We are getting some great laughs from this one and think you will as well!
Thanks!
My ship notice went out a few days ago, so I should get it today.
Received the new one yesterday. Old concept with a new twist. They nailed the quality. I don't want to spoil it for anyone.
I should be getting mine today.
I've like the releases so far. KFC being my favorite. Glad I got in on the beginning.

There's someone in the Tricks for Sale or Trade section trying to catch up with the releases and only willing to pay what the coin club price was. Good luck, especially since Martinka posted their pricing of the effects should they release them in the future.
I signed up late (in time for #4) but was fortunate enough to be able to purchase the first three. No regrets on my part. I'm really enjoying the club so far. But because I was late to the party I get mine way late in the game. I too hope they consider going longer than 12 months.
NAILED!

Received it in the mail yesterday. I always look at the coin pouch first. I did and was puzzled.
I didn't get to read the instructions until this morning. This thing is great.
It's a new twist on an old trick.
When I READ the set up, I thought it was going to be obvious.
But, when I actually set it up, I had a good laugh. The gaff is the perfect size to hide.

I usually perform some magic for the trick or treaters on Halloween. NAILED! is this years Halloween trick.
I also recieved #5 the other day. unfortunately mine was damaged in route.... However Ted over at Martinka was quick to respond and send out a new one. cant wait for it, as I do like it!
Anyone have a video of them performing nailed
Received today.
The video link listed on the package does NOT work.
I have also spent over an hour stuggling with it to do the thing you need to do to get it ready.
It's not happening.
I'm really very frustrated. And I sadly I cannot find a bang ring. And the suggestion about the coffee cup does not work.
I'm having the same problem as dooblehorn. I like the potential, I'm hoping the video goes up soon.
I haven't even gotten my notice saying it is shipping yet :(
I enjoy the club very much but this is - personally - my least favorite. It's not really 'magic' - at least by my definition and is really a gag. It's not new although Martinka's twist on it is (at least to me). But more importantly I think their twist makes it more difficult than the original in so many ways. Yes I am sure many of you will disagree with me. That's okay. For me - it is my least favorite. I'm still glad I joined and very much like the other effects.
I have been getting a great response with Nailed! Leaves them puzzled.
Finally got Nailed. I mean the 5th release.
Had to use pliers to do the get ready, but other than that I like the idea of it.
I always enjoyed this old gag and even have an ungimmicked version I made 30 years ago.

While I agree that in some ways it's a solution in search of a problem, at least it does leave you completely clean at the end.
I'm not sure that makes up for the downside of being difficult to reset (at least mine still is.). Although better that it's hard to separate than coming apart too easily, because then it really would be useless.
Well, this one is my least favorite, but it's still kind of fun. I was lucky to not have any issues with mine as it works smoothly and does what it is supposed to do. I can even quickly reset it and slam it back onto my forehead. Ha!

Not my favorite, but hey, it's still fun :)
I'm a happy club member and NAILED was great fun!
The knack to resetting comes with practice and I'm delighted all is so secure because you can confidently hand it out.

Really mime the forehead pull out with a sharp tug...it pays off in the end.
Has anyone heard about release 6. The count down clock on the Martina coin club site is showing the countdown to release 7. Did I miss something? Anyone have any information on release 6?
They are more and more late in the course of the months...
I got my shipping info today, but no hint as to the name or what it is. Guess this one will be a surprise until the early birds get there's :)
I usually get an order acknowledgement followed by a shipping confirmation some days later. My experiences have been very inconsistent. There was more than a week between the acknowledgment and shipping for KFC. There was two days between the acknowledgement and shipping for nailed. I'm not really sure what is meant by the acknowledgment unless possibly that is when Martinka begins making my particular gimmick. As of now I have not received anything for the next release, acknowledgment or otherwise but I AM one of the later arrivals so it is to be expected.
Re: the acknowledgment, I'm not sure what the legal regulations are but it is good practice for a merchant to send an acknowledgement or invoice as soon as they have made a charge against your credit card. I always assumed that was the purpose of the acknowledgment from Martinka.

Hard to believe we're already reaching the halfway point for the first year of the club.
Wonder how long they can keep coming up with new items that they can afford to produce for $28.00?

What's everyone's favorite so far?
Surprisingly, turns out I've had the most fun with Nailed, which I wouldn't have guessed. Although I have to admit that the only other release I've really used is Midas.
The rest just haven't really inspired me to put together a routine for them yet, but inspiration could strike at any moment so that could change.
The only one whom I use is Nailed. A good trick of entrance to tables. The coin stuck on the forehead always intrigues!
I emailed Martinka about the delay. This is the pertinent part of their response "There will be a slight delay in shipping as we are waiting for more supply of one of the component materials. There are many moving pieces to make each release and one thing can slow down the process."
I wasn't aware there was a delay. I just received #5 not that long ago.
So any news on what release 6 is? I just got an email that mine has been processed.
Just received this:

Magic Desk <magicdesk@martinka.com>

12:33 PM (2 hours ago)

Hi Joe,

Release 6 (Apprize), is complete and shipping this week. Thanks for your patience.

Ted
Well......in an earlier post I had mentioned what it was going to be but I see that post has mysteriously disappeared. Hmmmm.......... Guess "someone" wants to keep it a secret ;)
Post again... Please!
Release 6 - Apprize

This release ventures into the realm of mentalism. More content coming soon!
You can find information here http://www.martinka.com/martinka-coin-club-R6/
Arab - It doesn't say anything other than what RatdeLabo posted. I received my confirmation weeks ago but it means very little. I'm part of the later shipment crowd so there is no telling when I will get it.
So wait and see ;-)
I received my USPS Tracking number, delivery Wednesday October 28. I hope it was worth waiting for.
I should be getting mine today. Looking forward to checking it out :)
Got release 6 yesterday. Kind of a mentalism type routine. Not sure I'll ever perform it, maybe to family or friends but not really my cup of tea.
Interesting concept though and I give Martinka a lot of credit for putting out some unusual things.
I realize that these club items are pretty cheap, and for the price I would rate the quality as pretty good. Every item I've received has been "good enough" quality wise but nothing I would consider outstanding. Still enjoying the club though. Let's see, I guess we're about halfway through already.
I loved this one. It is very different from what we have received in the past. I have already performed it for several people and gotten a fun reaction each time. In this one you are able to tell where a spectator has put three different coins. Pretty darn cool and excellent quality. I'll definitely use this one :)
I'm with Don, I was considering cancelling then received release 6...kind of a free will with coins, but with a method I've not seen before. It's very good, I consider it one of their best releases!
The variety of effects is definitely one of the best things Martinka coin club has going for it.
Certainly something for everyone.
I'd hate to cancel, the next release could be the coolest thing ever.
Item 6 certainly carries on the theme of creativity seen with the first 5. This is perhaps the most thorough package of all the releases thus far. You get several gaffs that all seem well made. Personally, I doubt I will ever use effect 6 but others clearly like it and may use it. Just seems like overkill to me for such a simple effect. Nevertheless, the main gaff is creative and does work very well. Congrats to Martinka for continuing to churn out fun gaffs.
Anybody had any news on release 7?
Just the name...Chained:

https://www.facebook.com/martinkamagic/?fref=ts
This has been pretty quiet lately. I'm hoping we hear more soon.
They just "took" my money.
Me too. Also got my shipping info. Looking forward to another fun piece to add to the collection!
This is my favorite release thus far...which is funny because when I opened it and read the effect description, I immediately thought, "that's the stupidest premise ever." Turns out, it's not stupid at all. It's just way outside the box. It's a one phase quicky but is very visual with a super clean fingertips handling and an unusual ending that I don't see any spectator being able to figure out. As usual, the gaff has a few things going on and mine is incredibly well made. I like it and this is the first release that I will actually perform. Unfortunately, it's not suitable for walk around because of reset.
Still no video for Chained last time I checked...the link provided goes to page not found
I was a little bewildered at Chained as well. But then I ran through it a few times and thought it was pretty cool. I'll be giving it a test run during the holidays to see how well it plays to the masses.
But still no video as documentation promises...my queries to martinka go unanswered, which is really, REALLY annoying
With their first release in April, Martinka is two months behind. Not a huge deal but it would be nice if they communicated a little better. I'm not sure if they have run out of ideas or the venture didn't make the money they expected or some other reason but the club seems to be less than it was in the beginning.
Hmm interesting. Well I just joined, so we'll see how it goes..
I can not log in, reset my password and thy don't respond to emails. Anyone know whats going on with them?
I was notified bu them that my order has been paid for. This usually mean
S shipment is a week to ten days away.
[quote]On Dec 31, 2015, manreb wrote:
I was notified bu them that my order has been paid for. This usually mean
S shipment is a week to ten days away. [/quote]

Me too
Progress, I can login again
Video is up for Chained for those inquiring.
Can anyone comment on the examinability of Nailed? The comments state it's hard to get loose (which is great in my opinion in regards to examinability), but I was wondering about it "lining up" properly? (don't want tip what I'm guessing is the method, but I've had other gimmicks that look "off" if examined closely. It would be worth it for me to pick one up for $35 if it's good, as I've had fun reactions with my ungaffed gimmick & switch in the past
Got the newest release today. As with all the releases thus far, the effect is certainly unique. My gaffs are well made and fully examinable. This one ends with an impossible object that can also be examined. Not a killer effect by any stretch, and there is a wonky phase that looks unnatural, but certainly a workable effect. Fun but not nearly as good as Chained.
[quote]On Jan 11, 2016, emyers99 wrote:
Got the newest release today. As with all the releases thus far, the effect is certainly unique. My gaffs are well made and fully examinable. This one ends with an impossible object that can also be examined. Not a killer effect by any stretch, and there is a wonky phase that looks unnatural, but certainly a workable effect. Fun but not nearly as good as Chained. [/quote]

I see this "Update - December 24, 2015

Release 8 is nearly complete and we will begin shipments next week. We this release we are exploring a very different premise, it's called confusion and we hope that you like it! Ted"
mine shipped yesterday.... Is this the effect you're referring to emeyers99? :spinningcoin:
Does anyone have any info on Ted Bogusta?
He's credited as the creator of most of the Martinka club releases.
I'm not familiar with the name and just curious to know more about him.
It would probably make for a good article for Magic or Genii magazine.
Anyone else have release 8 yet? Not my fav but ok. I agree that Ted seems to be the creator of most of the releases thus far. Tough to come up with one original gaff let alone 6 or 7.
Let's see... I first sent payment on Dec 29 but haven't received anything. Wonder if I missed this release.
Checked out all the videos. Some clever ideas. The one I was most intrigued with was KFC coin. If I wanted to score one of those sets would posting a WTB post in the "Tricks & effects for sale or trade..." forum be the appropriate thing to do? Looks like its sold out on the Martinka site.
I got the newest release and find it kind of fun. The only issue I am having is making the first "Penny Stick" look realistic. It's not easy handling it without it moving. Wondering if a bit of wax might help? Hmmm. The other awkward moment is when you switch the penny for the dime. Why did the penny suddenly release so easy and why is this not done so the audience can see? Looking forward to seeing their video when it is released.

Perhaps I am overthinking it. And I have performed it for two folks and both were fooled and enjoyed the illusion.

Unfortunately, I had to cut my budget back a bit so this will be my last release for a while. I'll miss the monthly fun!
Hmm am intrigued..
Managed to get hands on a KFC coin and am messing around with it. Pretty cool.
Huh. Two charges to my Paypal and still nothing. Watched the video(s) for release 9. Seems kinda method before effect...
Hmm I don't see video for release 9? In other news, looks like Nathan Kranzo liked one of the releases and is selling it on his site.
My bad. I meant release 8. The dime and penny trick stuck to a key.
I have been generally pleased with these but I am confused. Their web page shows release 11 coming soon and I just received notice they are shipping release 8 to me.

Has anyone gotten 9 or 10?
It seems a PayPal issue is involved in the delay. Also they are making some of the early releases again if you were late to the party.
Still don't have release 8....
Same here and emails go unanswered.
8 came tonight. 9 on the way. Seems they are 2-3 months behind the monthly billed with releases. Now that we are past the holidays lets hope they get caught up and back on track.
I am still awaiting release 8, that was for January I think.
I've emailed them about typically being about a month behind the billing date. But the coins do arrive approximately a month apart so I'm fine with it. Although some of the releases have been better than others, you really can't beat the price of $28 a month in my opinion.
Oh. and I did get Release 8 this month, so I'm all caught up I believe.
And still no release 8!!!!!! Very disappointed...
RatdeLabo, it looks like you are located in France, is that correct? If so, I'm sure it is the overseas mail that is delaying your package. I have shipped many things overseas from the USA and sometimes it arrives quickly and sometimes it takes several weeks. We poor consumers are really at the mercy of the postal services!

Mike
MERose, I do not believe that the problem is there. I did not receive even yet the notification of sending on behalf of Martinka as usually!
Is there a list of all of the releases and their effects?
I can't seem to find much on the Martinka website other than the fact that the 12th one is in "26 days", but people here seem to have have only gotten up until 8/9...
No release 8, no release 9, no release 10 but...paypal ok!!!!
Now that a few more have been released since the last time this was asked, is anyone actually using any of the club effects?
They're fun to collect and receive in the mail each month (or 2)?

They're all very interesting and hats off to Ted Bogusta, but to be honest none of them have really floated my boat yet.
Originallly I planned to keep them forever but now I find myself contemplating selling them, but I'm not quite ready to do that yet.
I'm still going to stay in the club though in case a real gem comes out. Although I suspect they would have put their best ideas out first. But I'll wait it out until at least the end of the first year. Who knows how long they'll continue anyway.
Not using any in my working set. All are fun to play with but the ones I like best don't reset easily. So they are not good for walk around.
Received shipping notice for Release 8.
Okay, I am a patient person but I think the time has come to inform this group that I believe there is an issue with Martinka coin club. I received my release in mid January, I was okay with the fact that Martina taking payment two weeks prior to mailing my release and sending me an email to that effect. On January 30 my PayPal account was charged, no email no. release. I sent an email asking what was going on. No reply. I have sent multiple emails with the same result. Today my PayPal was hit again. I called and left a message.

Have any of you been charged for merchandise that you have not received? Please let me know. I believe that we need to inform Martina as a group that this behavior is unacceptable.
I've always felt at $28.00 including shipping it was hard to imagine it could produce enough profit to last long.

I totally agree, delivering products late I can live with but charging and not delivering is unacceptable and usually one of the first signs that the ship is taking on water and sinking fast.
I opened a paypal dispute and threatened them and this is what I received today:

Hi Steve,

I see that your concern was that you didn't receive Release 8, Confusion. We did have a problem with the file that we received from PayPal this month. We have reconciled it and are shipping those that were omitted. You should receive a separate email with your tracking information. I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. As a small consolation, I am including an extra gimmick that you can use with Confusion and perform it with a quarter, instead of a key. I hope you enjoy it.

Sincerely,
Diane

and for the other relases:

Hi Steve,

The way the system works is that the shipments are generally one month behind. As the subscription window closes near the end of a month, the shipments are made the following month. We are a bit behind right now as we had some issues with components on a prior release. We are working to catch up. We hope you will wait, however, we do understand and will issue you a refund for your most recent payments that haven't shipped. Please let us know your preference.

Thanks for your patience. Hope you enjoy this new release; you should be receiving it shortly.

Sincerely,
Diane
Received Release 8 shortly after shipping notice.
Feels a little odd with $84 in Paypal charges and to show for it: a dime and penny set and a dime stuck to a key, but my understanding is, if I were to cancel I'd still receive the next two releases fulfilling the $84 charge. So it's all good I guess. I still think it's a neat idea and look forward to seeing the creativity that goes into future releases.
As of this week I've officially been billed for the whole year, my twelfth PayPal payment processed this week. So far 8 have been shipped to me so apparently they are 4 months behind in the subscription. They have announced that they are going to continue the Coin Club but I think I'll be canceling since I've paid for the first 12 and I'll be content with those (when they arrive).

Mike
I received notification that nine has been shipped.
Got 9 today. Amazing what the guys at Martinka can do with quarters. This is a prediction effect using 6 quarters. Simple plot. Unique gaffs. Like to other releases, this is a quicky that is, at best, a "middle" routine. Simple. Not earth shattering.
Received mine a couple days ago. I like the methodology better than the effect. Very clever idea. Trying to think of additional stuff I could do with the gaffs.
I love the effects I've received from them but I was wondering if anyone was having the same problem as me.

I've been charged 7 times by Martinka but I've only received #6, #7 and #8.

Are they that far behind?

I emailed them about 2 weeks ago and Diane said she would check on this but I've not heard back.

I've emailed a few times since then but nothing yet.
Yes, they are that far behind. I have made 12 payments (the full year's worth) and have received 9 installments. So for me they are 3 months behind. I joined in April of 2015.

Mike
I have just joined Martinka. Looking forward to new releases. Which of the past coin sets are your favorite and why?
They are also ALWAYS behind in getting the videos up on their site. Wish they would get #9 demo up all ready.
Anyone got word on the next release? They are behind schedule with these releases.
I have been a Martinka Coin Club member since they started it. In the beginning, the releases were quite stable at one per month. After about release 8 or 9, the shipments started slipping. I have contacted customer service a few times now. The first time, they said they were a little bit behind due to manufacturing problems. I was sent my back-ordered item which was about a month late. The next time, I received no reply but eventually the item arrived (a few months late). I have been charged for my subscription for three months now and still not received my next release.

So far, some releases have been better than others. I would not pay the "retail" (non-member) price for most of the items. Throw in the pre-charging for items that arrive months late and I'm getting close to cancelling my subscription. I would be more open and willing to wait if they only charged for an item when it was ready (or very close) to shipping.

Hope this helps others who are current members or those who are thinking of signing up.

Best Regards,
--JohnO
Isn't a new one due? or past due?
It's past due. I've emailed them and haven't gotten a response.
Interesting coincidence first my post on the cafť regarding that fact that I prepaid for 5 future releases of Martina club releases stating that enough was enough. I guess something must have happened with the data base. Today I received an email from Martina acknowledging that "George" is in the process of being shipped. They will be four release behind when George is in my hands.
Although I have followed this thread, I have not posted here yet. First of all, I'd like to say thank you to all of the members for taking this journey with us and for the many positive comments about the club. Creating, prototyping, and manufacturing a new item each month has been challenging, as well as rewarding, and it is nice to know folks are enjoying the effects.

I understand that folks are anxious to receive each new release and are concerned about the delay. Please be assured that we are working hard to keep the process moving. With a few releases taking longer than expected to produce, we are behind schedule. However, we do expect to be back on schedule within the next few releases.

While all releases are priced the same, some require a larger investment in time and materials. For example, with the last release, "Journey," we created a new type of gimmicked coin and provided three to each member. That release took us a long time as each gaff coin required over 8 operations to complete.

Our latest release is "George" which begins shipping next week. The next two releases after that are already on the bench and in progress. One is an interesting variation on an old gaff and we have been having fun with the prototypes.

If you have any specific concerns or questions about your individual membership, please contact me on the coin club members email. Also, keep an eye on the coin club members only page for release updates. Again, thank you for being part of the club.

Ted
VMagical, could not check for your email, since I don't know who you are. Please email us again and let us know you are vmagical and we will do what we can to help.

manreb, when we spoke on the phone, a refund for the release in question was offered. I also suggested that if you were not comfortable waiting for the releases to catch up, an option would be to cancel the membership and rejoin at a later time, but I know you wanted to keep your early position in the club. Please message us at the club email and we will be happy to work things out for you.
Ted contacted me and I am now satisfied that Martinka is diligently working toward resolving their production and communication issues. I am satisfied with what I heard and hope that the communication with the community continues.
Hi Martinka,

Just sent you email. Thank you!
Ted,

I send you a email and a PM, please reply...
I' member of Coin and Card Club, money out from my pocket and don't receive nothing, not evan a Email from you guys with any kind of explanation... :(
Thank you!
Anyone? Anything?
Nope. I'm usually the first to get the new releases and I haven't seen anything in two months...although mine apparently shipped several days ago.
According to USPS tracking I'll have my Release #10, "George" on Monday (June 13).

Mike
How is that possible????? I don't have any email from nobody, only money out from my wallet...

Nuno
Same. Mine says shipping so should have it tomorrow.
George arrived today. While probably the least original of all the releases thus far, it may be one of the best. Very simple plot where you erase George Washington off a quarter using a gum eraser. Props are good quality as always although the eraser could have been gimmicked better so it could be examined. Because of the nature of the coin gimmick, you can "erase" George using other gimmicks you may already have instead of the eraser that comes with it. As with all the effects, it's not a showstopper. Quick one off at best, but my kids absolutely loved it. So if nothing else, you get a nice quickie for kids that you can carry in your pocket.
[quote]On Jun 15, 2016, emyers99 wrote:
George arrived today. While probably the least original of all the releases thus far, it may be one of the best. Very simple plot where you erase George Washington off a quarter using a gum eraser. Props are good quality as always although the eraser could have been gimmicked better so it could be examined. Because of the nature of the coin gimmick, you can "erase" George using other gimmicks you may already have instead of the eraser that comes with it. As with all the effects, it's not a showstopper. Quick one off at best, but my kids absolutely loved it. So if nothing else, you get a nice quickie for kids that you can carry in your pocket. [/quote]

Eagle or state quarter out of curiousity?
State. South Dakota with Mt. Rushmore on the back.
Eric, happy to hear you like "George". We got good reactions when testing this one and found as you did, that it goes over really well with kids.

Ted
Received George today and agree with everything Eric said.
It's probably my favorite release thus far and the only one I will likely end up using to be honest.
So far I have preferred the short and sweet routines like George and Nailed the best.
I neglected to mention one thing regarding George, and that is that I would have preferred the erased part look more like it was rubbed away haphazardly. As it it is now it is perfectly machined in a perfect circle and polished. Just doesn't look very realistic to me.
I may get out the dremel and try making my own. It would be nice if it could be done fairly easily because not only would it look better IMO but it would also allow me to let the spectator keep the coin as a souvenir if I so desired on certain occasions.
I had a few minutes today so I got out the Dremel and as I suspected it took a mere few seconds to produce an "erased" coin more to my liking.
I gathered up some quarters and made a dozen in a few minutes.

Then I started playing around with the effect and discovered a couple things.
1. An existing gimmick I already had is a much better fit and therefore looks and works better.
2. I actually prefer doing it without the eraser and just rubbing it with my thumb.

So in effect, I ended up basically making my own gimmick, or at least combining it with what I already had. But I also found that I like the idea itself a lot for a quickie that can be given away if desired. Although I'm not sure what the legal ramifications may be from the US Treasury. But I don't perform on a regular basis so it would be a fairly rare thing for me to do this so I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I'll take a chance that my grandkids won't turn me in. :)

By no means a killer effect or a mind-blower, but a fun and novel hand-out with a type of effect not often seen.
I'm thinking it may be a nice follow up to Bag4Life, handing out the bag, penny, and erased quarter at the end.
Hey videoman,
I really like your creativity. Nothing like someone making their own improved version. I can see how people would love this effect, especially kids.
Any word on the next release?
[quote]On Jun 24, 2016, videoman wrote:
So in effect, I ended up basically making my own gimmick, or at least combining it with what I already had. But I also found that I like the idea itself a lot for a quickie that can be given away if desired. Although I'm not sure what the legal ramifications may be from the US Treasury. But I don't perform on a regular basis so it would be a fairly rare thing for me to do this so I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I'll take a chance that my grandkids won't turn me in. :)

[/quote]
Defacing, marking, drilling holes, or in this case sanding Us currency is not illegal per se. It is illegal to do so if the intent is to defraud. That is mark a ten so it looks like a twenty with the intent to use it as a twenty, drill, shave or sand a silver coin and pass it off as it still was a coin of the original weight. So making a clad coin appear as if it was eraed is not an illegal act.
Message: Posted by: Dana Magic Creations (Jul 31, 2016 07:06PM)
This is my 1st posting, I felt it was time to do so, to all the coin club patrons I am not exactly sure what is going on with Martinka but I have been with them since the beginning April 2015, since that time I have been billed sixteen times, and have only received ten coins as of now, last release was George, look at your PayPal account you will see they owe you for six-coin releases I have tried to contact them via email numerous times to no avail, they did finally respond with: I will look into this for you and get back to your shortly. Thank you. Diane. that seems to be the only response they give to anyone that has questions.

I would like to know what shortly means because I waited for another update/response I never received one.

Today I filed claims with PayPal on six coin club transactions and three card club transactions, while I was receiving emails from PayPal, I was also receiving emails from Martinka, refund-case closed.

What is so funny, they can not respond to an email asking for an update, but they responded within minutes of the claims being filled.

I have referred numerous friends to them, I thought it was a good deal, and still do, but, not responding is not how you do business. And then collecting monies months in advance.

I have also cancelled my payment subscription so they cannot bill out again.

My advice, do not wait for them to contact you, they wonít, check your PayPal account and file claims, get your money back while you can.
It's unfortunate but clearly they are above their head. It was a good idea. It would have been better if they billed when delivered. I inquired many months ago and receive a terse rely.
I am done as well. Paypal disputes filled and recurring payment cancelled.
Sorry for asking.
Does anyone know where to buy the latest release George?
I want to get one!
[quote]On Aug 1, 2016, FrankHorng wrote:
Sorry for asking.
Does anyone know where to buy the latest release George?
I want to get one! [/quote]

I saw one on ebay and there was one at the Martinika web page
Message: Posted by: Dana Magic Creations (Aug 2, 2016 01:13PM)
[quote]On Aug 1, 2016, RCP wrote:
I am done as well. Paypal disputes filled and recurring payment cancelled. [/quote]

You want to call PayPal and have your dispute, escalated to a claim, that is what I did, and they refunded payments immediately.
PayPal advised that was the best way to go in this situation
[quote]On Aug 2, 2016, Dana Magic Creations wrote:
[quote]On Aug 1, 2016, RCP wrote:
I am done as well. Paypal disputes filled and recurring payment cancelled. [/quote]

You want to call PayPal and have your dispute, escalated to a claim, that is what I did, and they refunded payments immediately.
PayPal advised that was the best way to go in this situation [/quote]

I have already received refunds even though I only placed an inquiry. Apparently PayPal has flagged this as a problem account. Ted wrote me a nice email and acted surprised I had cancelled.
I don't know what to think. I have seen more than one well intentioned merchant here get into trouble meeting their promises.
I wish Ted the best....I have moved on.
The last time I was auto-billed for a coin club release was on May 22nd, 2016. At least they have stopped billing for future releases when they are months behind schedule. According to the members update area, at the end of June, they decided to skip over the release named "Poke" (due to a setback which requires re-making a component) and move on to the next release named "Ringo." The release date for the latest effect is slated to ship "in about a week."
[quote]On Aug 2, 2016, osterloh69 wrote:
The last time I was auto-billed for a coin club release was on May 22nd, 2016. At least they have stopped billing for future releases when they are months behind schedule. According to the members update area, at the end of June, they decided to skip over the release named "Poke" (due to a setback which requires re-making a component) and move on to the next release named "Ringo." The release date for the latest effect is slated to ship "in about a week." [/quote]

I was billed for June and July and as of last night there was not any update. I really hope Ted gets his act together. It's clearly a disorganized mess at this point.
Hi Guys, Our latest release, "Ringo" is complete and we will begin shipments within the next week. The issues with "Poke" have been worked out and that one is nearly finished. We also have two more releases on the bench and are making good progress. We are working hard to speed up the prototyping, sourcing and manufacturing process and do appreciate your patience. The comments and reviews on the releases shipped so far have been great and I hope folks enjoy our next batch just as much.

If you have questions about the club, the best way to reach us is via the club email or the contact form on our website. Ted
RCP: We received your inquiry as a paypal dispute, that is why we issued you a refund, if you still want the releases, email us and we will work it out for you.
Dana: We received your email requesting a refund on Saturday and we processed the refund on Sunday.

FrankHorng: We have not released "George" outside of the club, so the only way to get one is as a member or from a member. Please contact us via the website for more info.
It seems to me - given that fact that the shipments are not moving as quickly as promised or advertised, they should bill when shipped. Being 6 months behind isn't just a poor business practice it is more than that. Ted mentions that Ringo will ship next week.

On his website he previously said the same thing over a month ago. "Update - June 30th, 2016 - We encountered a little set back with Poke, so we now have to remake one of the components. We are going to skip over it and release Ringo which should begin shipping in about a week...."

So the "week" Ted references has been a month. Now, again, he promises a week.

He says above "We are working hard to speed up the prototyping, sourcing and manufacturing process..." He made a similar claim in March: "We now have several effects in process and expect things to speed up release wise. We also added a few more machines to the shop, so will have some new capabilities to bring to future releases."

It was a nice idea but the execution and communication has been less than stellar. When I say execution I mean delivery - I am not referencing the effects themselves.
[quote]On Aug 3, 2016, martinka wrote:
RCP: We received your inquiry as a paypal dispute, that is why we issued you a refund, if you still want the releases, email us and we will work it out for you.
Dana: We received your email requesting a refund on Saturday and we processed the refund on Sunday.

FrankHorng: We have not released "George" outside of the club, so the only way to get one is as a member or from a member. Please contact us via the website for more info. [/quote]

Ted, thank you for the prompt and professional manner in which you refunded my 6 unfulfilled coin club shipments. As I told you privately, I do appreciate the unforeseen difficulties a project of this size can face but to be 6 (soon to be 7) releases behind just became a problem I no longer wished.

I emailed you via the PayPal resolution center to inquire what plan you had to come current with the releases. I got no response back from you until after I had received a refund.

As you asked let me state "To my knowledge there are no issues between Martinka's account and PayPal." While disappointed at how slow the releases have been you have resolved this matter with me to my satisfaction.

I wish you continued success.

Craig
I want to followup to my post. After my post I received an email from Ted. He addressed what I asked him in an email and was polite and professional. I hope this kind of communcation will continue with all club members because - at least to me - that keeps us informed and not feeling left out in the cold (so to speak).

As for me - I am going to continue my membership for now.

Thank you Ted.
New release arrived yesterday. Metamorphosis type routine involving a half dollar, key ring and a small black bag. Cute routine. Props are well made and combine three different principles. Even includes a neat black art illusion. At the end, everything can be examined.
So I figured I should probably check on this (finally!!!) as I hadn't been keeping track at all of payments vs. shipments.
After a quick glance on PayPal I seem to have been charged 21 times and I believe I have received 11 shipments.

So that creates 3 main concerns.

1. If I am correct, and I could be off one or two but I think it's correct, then Martinka is 10 shipments behind. Because the shipments seem to be coming slower rather than quicker it doesn't look like there is much chance of them catching up. I mean realistically they would have to start shipping new ones every couple weeks to have any chance of catching up in the near future.

2. Although it's fun to receive these "surprises" in the mail, I honestly don't use any, or very few, of the effects. They are more of a novelty to me than actual workers.

3. This is in reality costing me a lot more per effect than I had been promised in the initial agreement.

So I may have to stop the bleeding. I think Martinka really needs to do the honorable thing and stop charging until a product ships. I don't know the legalities but I believe what they are doing actually constitutes an illegal business practice. In just about any other industry this would be considered a scam. I cut them some slack because they are fellow magi's and I wanted to support what I thought to be a fun and novel idea. The problem is that I don't think they can stop charging and still keep producing. They seem to be borrowing from Peter to pay Paul. Someone (Ted Bogusta?) needs to wave the white flag and surrender and start issuing apologies along with refunds.
If I sound a bit upset, actually I'm really not. I'm just disappointed because I really wanted this idea to work and I've been rooting for them all along. But it isn't quite so fun for me anymore and unfortunately it keeps getting less fun each month that $28.00 vanishes from my bank account while my mailbox remains empty.

How many of you are still members of this "club" and what are your feelings about it?
I am afraid that I completely agree with you Videoman. Too many broken promises and very little communication. I have cancelled my subscription and requested a full refund of all funds for which shipments have not been fulfilled. I think the Coin Club was a great idea but He (I also assume Ted) was in over his head. If you math is correct (and I think it is) then he is behind $280 per person. I don't know how many people are in the club but if it's only 100 that's $28,000.

I suppose if he had been more communicative about the status of things and not consistently overpromised then I would be more patient but his usual response is that if you don't like it you can have a refund. Well, I don't like it so I am getting my refund.

I do wish him luck and some of the ideas are quite unique. But as you said - most are a novelty.
Syd, we have processed your refund as requested including the one for Quarkey which is shipping now.

Videoman, we do not have any recent requests for refund and do not know who you are, please let us know your name and we will process your request. Your numbers cannot be correct as the club has not been running for 21 months.

Ted
When I launched the coin club, my estimate was that each release would take 30 days to engineer and manufacture. My goal was to create new and novel coin magic that had never been made and offer it below wholesale. Since our initial launch we did need to raise the price, but charter members were locked in at the original $28 (shipping included) offer.

To date, we have 12 releases completed and our average time has been 45 days per release.

I understand that some folks are upset about the 30 day timing miss and am looking at what we can do. Our billing is automated by paypal and they do not provide us the option to change subscription payment timing or amount. The only option they provide is to cancel and create a new subscription. One possibility would be to setup a 45 day subscription offer, if that sounds like something of interest or you have another thought, please message the coin club email and we will do what we can to make it happen for you.

There are currently 12 more great releases planned which I think that folks are really going to enjoy.

We have received many favorable comments regarding the releases including some from top names in magic. Ekaterina rated Chained 10 out of 10 on her youtube channel. We also appreciate the enthusiasm seen here on the Cafť. Some of our releases have been selling for 2 - 4 times the original offer price. It is great to also see this positive energy as it encourages us to do more.

Ted
Ted,

It's unfortunate that you are defensive and not apologetic. According to your math - based on the refunds - you are 8 releases behind. That's $224 dollars. That is significant. Since you can set the subscription rate in Paypal - you could set it at 45 days if that was your production rate but you haven't. You charge your customers every 30 days. So I have 11 releases. You started shipping April of 2015. If you really averaged 45 days then you would be approximately 2-3 releases behind - not eight.

Your last post (on the Marinka site) says "Quarkey ... is nearly complete..." That was September 20th. A full MONTH later and NOW you says its shipping. to me - a month later is not NEARLY complete. Communication with members is important.

For many - they may not care - for me - 8 releases and $224 dollars is not acceptable.
[quote]On Oct 20, 2016, martinka wrote:
When I launched the coin club, my estimate was that each release would take 30 days to engineer and manufacture. My goal was to create new and novel coin magic that had never been made and offer it below wholesale. Since our initial launch we did need to raise the price, but charter members were locked in at the original $28 (shipping included) offer.

To date, we have 12 releases completed and our average time has been 45 days per release.

I understand that some folks are upset about the 30 day timing miss and am looking at what we can do. Our billing is automated by paypal and they do not provide us the option to change subscription payment timing or amount. The only option they provide is to cancel and create a new subscription. One possibility would be to setup a 45 day subscription offer, if that sounds like something of interest or you have another thought, please message the coin club email and we will do what we can to make it happen for you.

There are currently 12 more great releases planned which I think that folks are really going to enjoy.

We have received many favorable comments regarding the releases including some from top names in magic. Ekaterina rated Chained 10 out of 10 on her youtube channel. We also appreciate the enthusiasm seen here on the Cafť. Some of our releases have been selling for 2 - 4 times the original offer price. It is great to also see this positive energy as it encourages us to do more.

Ted [/quote]

The best thing you could do would be to announce a new release, take orders, fullfil the orders and then repeat. 45 days is a joke. You are months behind. In my case you were 6 months behind before I cancelled my membership.
Videoman - please pm me here and confirm your paypal email, so that we can process your refund request. thanks, Ted
[quote]On Oct 20, 2016, videoman wrote:
So I figured I should probably check on this (finally!!!) as I hadn't been keeping track at all of payments vs. shipments.
After a quick glance on PayPal I seem to have been charged 21 times and I believe I have received 11 shipments.

So that creates 3 main concerns.

1. If I am correct, and I could be off one or two but I think it's correct, then Martinka is 10 shipments behind. Because the shipments seem to be coming slower rather than quicker it doesn't look like there is much chance of them catching up. I mean realistically they would have to start shipping new ones every couple weeks to have any chance of catching up in the near future.

2. Although it's fun to receive these "surprises" in the mail, I honestly don't use any, or very few, of the effects. They are more of a novelty to me than actual workers.

3. This is in reality costing me a lot more per effect than I had been promised in the initial agreement.

So I may have to stop the bleeding. I think Martinka really needs to do the honorable thing and stop charging until a product ships. I don't know the legalities but I believe what they are doing actually constitutes an illegal business practice. In just about any other industry this would be considered a scam. I cut them some slack because they are fellow magi's and I wanted to support what I thought to be a fun and novel idea. The problem is that I don't think they can stop charging and still keep producing. They seem to be borrowing from Peter to pay Paul. Someone (Ted Bogusta?) needs to wave the white flag and surrender and start issuing apologies along with refunds.
If I sound a bit upset, actually I'm really not. I'm just disappointed because I really wanted this idea to work and I've been rooting for them all along. But it isn't quite so fun for me anymore and unfortunately it keeps getting less fun each month that $28.00 vanishes from my bank account while my mailbox remains empty.

How many of you are still members of this "club" and what are your feelings about it? [/quote]

I did a count late this summer and was off by 3. He made good on it, but being a one man show got behind again. Paypal charges at the beginning of the month (not his fault) and he was getting the months effect out so late in the month or first few days of the next that he was now one behind again. I shut it down due to having to keep up with the accounting of money out/calendar/effect in. I was buying simply to collect the first 12. However, after 12 months I only had the first 11 I think and some duplicates to make up for missed. It was a headache for me.
[quote]On Oct 20, 2016, martinka wrote:

Videoman, we do not have any recent requests for refund and do not know who you are, please let us know your name and we will process your request. Your numbers cannot be correct as the club has not been running for 21 months.

Ted [/quote]

Yes, the correct number is 19 months.
Just wanted to finish this off by saying that I did end up canceling my subscription to the Martinka Coin Club and Ted was very nice and prompt in refunding all payments owed.
I'm sorry it hasn't worked out but I'll keep my eye on it and maybe sometime down the road I'll join again.
Hi Ted,

I have sent both an email and a PM to you.

Cheers
Phil
Got the latest release. As with most of the other releases, I haven't seen the gaff before. Essentially, it is a CSB routine using a key and two coins. You show a key, quarter and penny in your hand; close your fist and remove the quarter; close hand around the quarter; open hand and quarter has turned into a key and penny; other hand is opened and there is a quarter. The gimmick is clever and the use of a key certainly makes the change all the more visual.

As with all the routines thus far, this one is light on sleight of hand but there is a move that will take moderate practice to make it look smooth and to cover the necessary things that need to be hidden. Unlike many of the other routines in the series, this one lends itself to a bit more of a routine vs. a quick one off. That said, the gimmick is a bit thick for my taste. Not bad but somewhat limits the displays. So I likely won't use it but others may like it.
I canceled after 6 months. I was paying double for gaffs I wouldn't pay 1/4 for. Bad business management and they still owe me 1 gaff, ...I think. I didn't receive ANY card decks, canceled after 3 months.
Opportunity for "collectors" though. One day these coins will be like that upside-down red airplane stamp that goes for millions.
Didn't get a release in December or January. Anyone heard an update?
I cancelled many months back and my unfulfilled paypal charges were courteously reversed. I loved the concept and very much enjoyed the releases I received. However, I found myself simmering every new month when I would be charged but no coin was delivered. Accordingly, I thought it simply healthier to end my membership altogether-- and, as I say, I was courteously reimbursed through paypal.
I was hoping things would improve but they seem to be getting worse. Don't really want to cancel, but they are making it tough to stay signed up.
Agreed. I haven't heard anything and any updates on the Martinka page was done on Dec. 30th. I checked my account and it looks like I haven't been charged since December.
Hi Ted,

I have sent both a PM and an email to you.

Thanks,

James
I have not been sent a release since "Quarkey" in November but have continued to be charged the monthly fee. I sent a communication a while ago, asking to be refunded for the months where I did not receive any item but have not heard back. I guess it's time to cancel to stop the bleeding and just buy the items when they become available. I too like the concept, but paying for items not received is foolish.

Regards,
--John Osterloh
I loved the concept as well and would still be happily a member if Martinka had managed to stay even close to their goals. But alas, I cancelled a few months ago and to be fair received a refund for the entire amount I was owed very quickly and easily.

I think if Eric ever cancels that will sound the death toll for this project. Not really sure how (or why) they have managed to keep going this long. I would imagine it must be a nightmare for them constantly trying to catch up and keep up while dealing with what must be many cancelations.
Sounds like some of this stuff would have been cool if sold "al la carte". Seems to me the marketing gimmick.. the club aspect is doing the exact opposite of what you would want a marketing gimmick to do. Ruin the entire business and sully your rep.
Ted is a good guy and will take care of any refunds promptly. At least that was my experience. Release #13 to be ready to ship within two weeks per latest email.
As much as I don't want to do it, I'm cancelling. Going on four months with no release. Signals to me that this one is about dead.
Release 13 finally arrived. Turn three quarters into three brass washers. First two changes pretty much happen one handed. Third change requires a basic sleight. Decent visual. Not examinable before or after, so that is probably the biggest downside.
My 2 cents here:

1. Ted is a good man.
2. Ted is reachable.
3. For me - let him charge the $28 and ship a bit late, or months late. Some of his creations are actually new concepts and they are brilliant. While I will never use some, they ALL get me thinking in a different direction and parts of these concepts are very useful for a worker.
4. What I get that is useful is WAYYYY under a retail price. He has a silver coin to chain and a coin to ring that are great workers. And fit a bigger coin routine. He has work with coins and keys that are very clever.

Part of this business and art is supporting creativity and great production. It's almost a tax that I feel, as a coin guy, I need to pay to get the brains and craftsmen their due and living. If we all just buy the best of the best a year after all the reviews come out the options and creativity will be stilted.

I say give Ted a break and support Martinka.

Martinka is not Todd Lassen quality or ingenuity but it has a place here for coin guys and unless we want to see nothing but card tricks next year we have to be a bit gracious to those trying to support our branch of the art.
I never thought about posting re my problems here re Martinka I joined coin club paid every month until march received nothing kept chasing and a=chasing got nothing then Ted apologised saying my money there but I wasnt listed he said in february hed ship out my 6 coin things owed ...ive still had nothing no magazine or coin gaff ...had another mail beginning april saying they go out that week now 6 weeks later still nothing . Id really like the mags and things but I'm not getting anything
Gary - Call Martinka and ask for Ted. Their phone is on the website. He should be able to track down your problem. He just sent me an order. Fantastic prop. Check out RINGMASTER. I'm blown away by the quality and value of this effect and gaffus.
Problem is I'm uk not usa I'm just wondering if its wasting more money phoning I want the goods but been waiting for 6 different ones had none maybe if he didn't do yours he could do mine lol
Skype is free or really inexpensive. I have sent your note to Brent.
:( where's my ringmaster.. LOL.. I am hoping I will get mine soon... I heard a few people have gotten theirs..
I have received the new version and I absolutely love it. Will not leave home without it. I'm sure you will get yours soon and get right back here and tell everyone what you think!
Jonathan, Thank you, glad you like it, feedback so far has been great.
Gary, per my email, you were not signed up for Coin Club, fortunately we did have two openings available, so reserved one for you and you are now set.
Koolmagic, your shipment went out last week, so it should show up there soon, enjoy!

We have a pile of things on the bench, including some pretty crazy stuff for upcoming releases, so stay tuned!
Pulling this off takes a massive amount of work. Please know I'm doing what I can to speed things up as much as possible and appreciate your patience.

Regarding Ringmaster, I do have one available, it can be purchased at martinka.com

All the best,
Ted
If the community wants the mind of developers like Ted for new coin effects you have to let them "breathe" and give them the time to create. We support that by buying into things like the Martinka Coin Club and waiting when it takes too long. It will come. It will be great sometimes and maybe not great others. But if you buy 12 releases in a year, get 8, are owed 4 and then get 3 great coin effects you use - to me that is AWESOME! Please support Ted and Martinka and join the club, and buy the products. The more they earn, the better they can give. Check out KFC, RingMaster, and click the COIN link for their own creations at www.Martinka.com and support if you can. This is my feeling.
As much as I agree that patience is important, and space is necessary in order to create new and interesting things, this is also squarely on Martinka.

If you're not pretty certain that you can keep up with the schedule, don't offer one a month. Be conservative - one every other month, or every quarter is a fine place to start. Even better would be to start up with a backlog of ideas/samples you can begin using while you come up with more. Plenty of blog writers do this.

By agreeing to a subscription, you've entered a contract with the subscribers, and so it's important to keep them updated on changes. That's very different from a one-of purchase.

And above all, don't take multiple months worth of money if you're running behind.

From what I've read in this thread, it's not a case of "buy 12, get 8, owed 4", it sounds more like a "buy 24, get 11, owed 9" (the rest TBD). That's a very different ratio.
I'm with tons on this one.

Creators can take all the time they want to create and then release when it is ready. It looks from all the chatter that he is a good inventor, but awful business guy.
I read the last release was called "Ringo" ? I never received that one. But just got an email saying that "Coin Wash" was shipped to me today. Can someone confirm the title "Ringo" and what release # that is ?

Thanks!
Joe
Disregard my last post please. Somehow Ringo did arrive but was places aside. I have 12 releases at this point. Awaiting 13.

Thanks,
Joe
I talk to Ted regularly. He is the inventor and a super guy. From what I can tell he is trying to release QUALITY effects but sometimes running into logistics problems. The PayPal system is all or nothing on subscriptions. When he is late, he would have to unsubscribe everyone to not charge us. Then we would all have to subscribe again. From what I can see everyone gets their effects, just later than when we hoped in some cases. I choose keeping a subscription and getting the long term benefits. Martinka has been around longer than any of us - literally. Not going away and stealing our money. I urge the subscription base to show support by keeping our subscriptions and knowing some will be later than planned. Maybe Ted will put up a note explaining that you pay monthly and you get a trick a month - or maybe later - but you get what you pay for. These are great values in my humble opinion.
Is this officially dead?
[quote]On Sep 17, 2017, emyers99 wrote:
Is this officially dead? [/quote]

I do not believe it is dead. I understand they are behind in deliveries. Stay tuned! Some of their things in this club I'd pay over $100 for so totally worth the wait.
Is it still charging people's Paypal accounts?
Yes, they are. I have been attempting to reach Ted for at least a month - I've left two voicemails and at numerous emails, to no avail. If anyone has any advice on how to reach Ted, I'd appreciate hearing it.

Thanks -

Mark
Seems the best (only?) way to reach Ted is by posting here, which you have just done. Still no guarantee but see if he responds.
I left a year ago because he was 6 or 7 deliveries behind. It's much worse now and it will never be better. I don't think he is a thief but is in way over his head to keep up or ever get even. PayPal is the only way out.
How many paid for effects promised but not delivered?
I donít even get the courtesy of a reply.
PayPal wonít register a direct transaction dispute more than 180 days old, but you can still file a complaint against a business with them nonetheless. That process takes about 10 minutes. Enough of those may place pressure on delinquent businesses to respond or provide refunds...
PayPalís customer service number is 844-558-4840
I was able to connect with Ted, and he resolved my issue.

Thanks -

Mark
[quote]On Nov 14, 2017, maratekin wrote:

Thanks -

Mark [/quote]

That's great. What's the secret?
I'm owed 13 effects or a refund for $364, but I haven't had a response.
I finally was able to connect via email.
[quote]On Nov 16, 2017, thefliss wrote:
[quote]On Nov 14, 2017, maratekin wrote:

Thanks -

Mark [/quote]

That's great. What's the secret?
I'm owed 13 effects or a refund for $364, but I haven't had a response. [/quote]

I left a year ago because he was 6 or 7 deliveries behind. It's much worse now and it will never be better. I don't think he is a thief but is in way over his head to keep up or ever get even. PayPal is the only way out.
Still haven't heard from him. Still owed 13 effects or a refund for $364.
[quote]On Nov 24, 2017, thefliss wrote:
Still haven't heard from him. Still owed 13 effects or a refund for $364. [/quote]

In the United States, mail and wire fraud is any fraudulent scheme to intentionally deprive another of property or honest services via mail or wire communication. It has been a federal crime in the United States since 1872.
I quit because honestly the effects weren't that good IMO. I've only used a couple of them and even then it's rarely and none of them are favorites.
I held out hope for a home run but it never happened.
I'd rather spend $300 on one really good thing I love than a dozen mediocre things I never use.
[quote]On Dec 7, 2017, RCP wrote:
In the United States, mail and wire fraud is any fraudulent scheme to intentionally deprive another of property or honest services via mail or wire communication. It has been a federal crime in the United States since 1872. [/quote]

Yes, but how do we get action on this? Alternatively, an interested attorney could get a group of us together that didn't get paid-for effects.
File a complaint with the fraud department of the Attorney General for NJ, send a copy of the complaint by registered mail to Ted at Martinka.

https://www.fraudguides.com/report/new-jersey/

He want like what comes next.
If Ted is delivering products to subscribers and some are waiting, there is no intent of fraud on his behalf, just poor management of the business. If Ted is billing your subscription to PayPal, simply go to your Subscription list in PayPal and cancel the subscription. If you are owed money or product, Ted will have to definitely produce one or the other. A beta release of a product that works with some and not for others, means Ted has to go back to the drawing board. As a programmer I understand this as "Real World Conditions" does not a release will work for everyone. If this is the case, Ted should rightly do a recall or at least keep members up to date. My father has done business with Ted and never had a harsh word to say about him.

Machining can be tough work, and those who no longer want to wait should opt out of the subscription service, either with complaints to PayPal or your Credit Card company.

Filing a complant with the AG will require intent of fraud to be considered and since he is delivering slowly, that doesn't show intent to defraud.
Hi thefliss, we would be happy to assist you however, we do not know who you are.

When you PM'd another member here, he also told you we would assist if you would provide your contact info, but he did not hear back from you. Please PM us here with your info and we will do our best to get you what you want. We are very sorry for any aggravation caused.

As Jake indicated above, you can control your subscription from your paypal account, just visit the subscription page. As we suggest in our members only page, you can also stop the paypal payments at anytime and still maintain an active club membership account and some folks have chosen to do that. From our side, unfortunately, paypal does not give us the option to change the payment frequency or pause a subscription.

On another note, we have some good news regarding club shipments for 2018, this month we will be shipping a double release with two effects that have been in the works for a while. Following that will be one that we believe utilizes a principle not used before in coin magic. So, some exciting stuff is coming up. Keep an eye on the member's only page for updates.
DEFINITION of 'Wire Fraud'
A situation where a person concocts a scheme to defraud or obtain money based on false representation or promises. This criminal act is done using electronic communications or an interstate communications facility.

Note: FALSE REPRESENTATIONS OR PROMISES
You seem to have trouble understanding there is no fraud with Ted or Martina. Ted is an upstanding person in the magic community. He hasn't asked me to say this, it's fact.
He's mad no false representation or promises. Can you show us a contract that says "We Promise". Ted is delivering, and I have seen some of his work that has been delayed
and it's a machining issue. It's life, it happens and as a machinist I can sympathize with both Ted and the subscribers. But there is not intent of fraud. Subscribers are in control
of their subscriptions.

Unless you are a creator or machines, again until it gets into the real world situation anything can happen after a release. RCP your definition does not fit the situation. If hearing
this upsets you I would suggest you quit using Google and to an attorney to learn what Fraud really is and Ted or his company does not fall under fraud. Also claiming publicly
that Ted or Martina is guilty of fraud, could be considered Slander.

Ted, keep up the good work and I retract bad businessman remark, you are an asset to the community. Some of the subscribers are not familiar what machining involves.

promise
1) n. a firm agreement to perform an act, refrain from acting or make a payment or delivery. In contract law, if the parties exchange promises, each promise is "consideration" (a valuable item) for the other promise. Failure to fulfill a promise in a contract is a breach of the contract, for which the other party may sue for performance and/or damages. 2) v. to make a firm agreement to act, refrain from acting or make a payment or delivery.

Ted is making shipments to people so he is legally keeping his promise to deliver, if he is running behind he's not breaking a "Promise".

Jake Jr.
I just got a shipping notice. Looks like TWO new releases are on the way
[quote]On Feb 3, 2018, Mad Jake wrote:
You seem to have trouble understanding there is no fraud with Ted or Martina. Ted is an upstanding person in the magic community. He hasn't asked me to say this, it's fact.
He's mad no false representation or promises. Can you show us a contract that says "We Promise". Ted is delivering, and I have seen some of his work that has been delayed
and it's a machining issue. It's life, it happens and as a machinist I can sympathize with both Ted and the subscribers. But there is not intent of fraud. Subscribers are in control
of their subscriptions.

Unless you are a creator or machines, again until it gets into the real world situation anything can happen after a release. RCP your definition does not fit the situation. If hearing
this upsets you I would suggest you quit using Google and to an attorney to learn what Fraud really is and Ted or his company does not fall under fraud. Also claiming publicly
that Ted or Martina is guilty of fraud, could be considered Slander.

Ted, keep up the good work and I retract bad businessman remark, you are an asset to the community. Some of the subscribers are not familiar what machining involves.

promise
1) n. a firm agreement to perform an act, refrain from acting or make a payment or delivery. In contract law, if the parties exchange promises, each promise is "consideration" (a valuable item) for the other promise. Failure to fulfill a promise in a contract is a breach of the contract, for which the other party may sue for performance and/or damages. 2) v. to make a firm agreement to act, refrain from acting or make a payment or delivery.

Ted is making shipments to people so he is legally keeping his promise to deliver, if he is running behind he's not breaking a "Promise".

Jake Jr. [/quote]

From his site:

"Join Today - Unique Coin Effects Delivered Monthly! Just $29.95 per month (plus s&h)!"

Note: "delivered monthly!" his words not mine.

https://www.martinka.com/martinka-coin-club/

It's wire fraud plan and simple. At least in my case Ted did refund to me the balance of the many months of undelivered items. If others wish to keep paying and waiting it's none of my concern but the poster I responded to was not as lucky as I. Ted had become non-responsive to him. I pointed out to him the way to proceed to get a refund from Ted.

I don't need a lecture from you about Ted's failed promises or poor business practices. It's his fault that he is in this situation.
I have sent Martinka 2 emails, one through the īCONTACTī section within their web page and another as a response to one of their still arriving coin offers via email.
Both attempts were an attempt to get an explanation for the recurring charges and no shipments, requesting a full refund for the non shipped merchandise.
I haven't received any response yet, 2 weeks into the waiting.
Anyone has a better was to get a response from Martinka and the persona in charge?
Many thanks
[quote]On Feb 12, 2018, aechecop wrote:
I have sent Martinka 2 emails, one through the īCONTACTī section within their web page and another as a response to one of their still arriving coin offers via email.
Both attempts were an attempt to get an explanation for the recurring charges and no shipments, requesting a full refund for the non shipped merchandise.
I haven't received any response yet, 2 weeks into the waiting.
Anyone has a better was to get a response from Martinka and the persona in charge?
Many thanks [/quote]

File a complaint with PayPal and with the New jersey Attorney General. He will play you as long as you go along with the constant excuses and lies. Dishonest is a nice term for this Ponzi scheme. Frankly most of the effects are crap anyway. RUN!!!!!!
[quote]On Feb 4, 2018, emyers99 wrote:
I just got a shipping notice. Looks like TWO new releases are on the way [/quote]

Wishful thinking on my part. 24 days later and nothing has arrived yet. Even odder, I got the shipping notice twice.
Whatís wrong with Martinka? I bough Hole 3.0 from penguinmagic.com and Supersized KFC coins from mymagic.com and really like these effects by Ted Bogusta so decided to buy more of his creations directly from martinka.com. For the beginning I decide to purchase Confusion and Quarkey about 3 months ago. I received an email that the order was sent and a tracking number. I still not received it and wrote 3 times to Martinka (via email and also their contact form in the website). One month I didnít received even an reply!!? How is possible that...

What should I do? And can someone tell are these effects are good.
Got the two new releases yesterday. As always, the gummicks are top notch. Iíve only had time to skim but one of the routines has potential. Itís an oil and water routine using two dimes and two pennies. What I like best is that itís a three phase routine. So unlike most of the releases thus far, this is more than just a quick hitter. Itís an actual routine. The other routine is a double karate coin effect using a half dollar and an english penny. Instructions are a bit unclear so Iíll need to watch the vid to see what it looks like.
You are in USA and receive them after one month!? So looks like the deliveries from martinka are very slow!? I waiting my 3 months and still nothing... They even donít respond to my messages...
I have received no notice of shipping, no response to emails, they don't answer the phone, my request for a refund has not been answered in four emails. I am very disappointed in the business practice they have chosen. So this is my last effort to contact them before I contact paypal to open a claim and seek legal action. This really is unacceptable. 13 deliveries out of 35 payments is ridiculous. That means they have over 600 dollars of mine. (And before you ask, I was being hopeful, that's why I didn't cancel until now)

Hopefully it will not need to go as far as all of that, but their lack of response in not really giving me hope.
Oddly, Ted seems to respond to posts here better than direct emails or phone calls.
So hopefully he will be in touch with you soon.

As far as delays, I do know that Meir Yedid is keeping Ted busy with orders. I guess he figures since he's so late with the club releases anyway, what's a little longer. Then he takes Meir's money and works on his stuff. Either that, or he's still trying to come up with something new for the next release.

Apparently he's not going to throw in the towel himself as long as there are enough club members willing to keep on paying and waiting. Of course, he may now depend on the money from club members each month to keep the business going.

I really don't mean to sound harsh but I just can't believe how far out of hand this has gotten. Obviously this business model is not working and needs to be adjusted, at least to a quarterly format if not abandoned entirely.
And I had a message from Martinka on the 28th of March that had given me hope. But now I feel ignored again. I believe I have no other recourse then to report them to PayPal and seek legal advice. I had hoped not to have to go down this road but I see that they do not care for their customers. I may never see the over $600 owed to me, but I can do what I can to stop them from doing it to others.

-J-
I haven't't recieved any shipments in about a year. I also didn't get last two shipments as listed on my account and the tracking numbers didn't work. I have emailed numerous times but don't get any response. I just tried to check account again on website, but got a gateway error and website did not come up. Please let me know if anybody figures out how to get this resolved.
I have now reported them to the BBB and the NJ Attorney Generals office. And I have started a claim with PayPal. Though I doubt much will come of it they are logged on official sites now.

Unfortunate that it had to come to this.

-J-
[quote]On May 24, 2017, StarManager wrote:
If the community wants the mind of developers like Ted for new coin effects you have to let them "breathe" and give them the time to create. We support that by buying into things like the Martinka Coin Club and waiting when it takes too long. It will come. It will be great sometimes and maybe not great others. But if you buy 12 releases in a year, get 8, are owed 4 and then get 3 great coin effects you use - to me that is AWESOME! Please support Ted and Martinka and join the club, and buy the products. The more they earn, the better they can give. Check out KFC, RingMaster, and click the COIN link for their own creations at www.Martinka.com and support if you can. This is my feeling. [/quote]

Nice that you find it awesome. Nice also that you are apparently wealthy enough to buy virtually anything you want and if you never receive the product you can afford to eat the loss. But not everyone on here has that luxury so to them it is a simple case of being ripped off. You cannot make promises and not live up to them and expect people to simply give you time to "breathe". When it involves accepting payments and then not delivering the promised goods, it is not breathing, it is fraud.

If Ted were a responsible human being with even the slightest conscience he would be on here apologizing and offering refunds to everyone he owes products to, without them having to track him down and demand it. I don't know how he even sleeps at night let alone manages to "breathe and find time to create". I think his behavior is despicable.
[quote]On Apr 11, 2018, Judah Vee wrote:
I have now reported them to the BBB and the NJ Attorney Generals office. And I have started a claim with PayPal. Though I doubt much will come of it they are logged on official sites now.

Unfortunate that it had to come to this.

-J- [/quote]

File a complaint with the FTC and US Postal Inspector as well. A little federal prison time gives a man plenty of time to "breathe"
Finally got some results. Received 6 backordered tricks the other day with an apology for the delays. Sometimes it pays to be patient.
Ted has refunded me finally. I will no longer post about this.
I posted this in another thread but the Martinka website has been down for a few days for me. Anyone else have any luck accessing it?
[quote]On May 23, 2018, Cpontz wrote:
Finally got some results. Received 6 backordered tricks the other day with an apology for the delays. Sometimes it pays to be patient. [/quote]

Has anyone else received anything recently?
Judah Vee, thanks for updating, for completeness, it should be noted that you received the referenced paypal in mid April.

Action Jack, we are having an intermittent problem with the site, it is up and running now, if you encounter difficulty and need something, please email us.

Ian, you should be current, please send us an email indicating the latest release you received and we will make sure everything is good for you.

We are now finalizing two very cool releases that will begin shipping very soon, so keep an eye on the members page.
I also finally get my order (Quarkey and ConFusion) from Martinka (after almost half year delay...). I was nicely surprised that Ted sent me also the Chained effect as a bonus for the delay with a note for excuse. It was nice and I am thankful. Chained is good effect and very good quality. Unfortunately the Confusion was without the bang ring in the package, so I can not use it and should purchase from somewhere (because the trick looks interesting)... The quality of the Quarkey is not good. Can be done better in my opinion.

I have also Supersized KFC coins which are great and the effecs which can be done with this gimmicks are wonderful. In my opinion this is the best of the series. Hole 3.0 is also good. I want to buy more coin tricks from the series by Ted Bogusta but they are all Out of stock... can we expect more stock?

I really want also the Sahara Scotch and Soda. Is it expected back in stock soon?
[quote]On Jun 23, 2018, Ian Richards wrote:
[quote]On May 23, 2018, Cpontz wrote:
Finally got some results. Received 6 backordered tricks the other day with an apology for the delays. Sometimes it pays to be patient. [/quote]

Has anyone else received anything recently? [/quote]

I received two "Denny" & "Tworate."Cpontz which six backordered releases did you receive ? I've enjoyed the offerings so far. Hope to be all caught up soon.
The site has been back up and working for me lately. Thanks
I just went to view online instructions for one of my Coin Club offerings and it the site is gone?
I had signed up to view their auction archive at $9.95 for three months. Money was sent via PayPal and never received anything. I emailed them, used their contact page and no response. So I requested a PayPal refund and received a refund within days. However I did not realize it was on subscription...so three months later Iím billed again. I contact Martinka via email, via their contact page and no response. So I disputed once again with PayPal and received the refund. Martiinka never responded other than through PayPal to say I would need to cancel the subscription to stop the billing from happening again.

It is odd that the website still has a PayPal tab for this subscription but there is no subscription to receive. It reminds me a little of the OE website. Like many others have said on here, if martinka had not pre-billed or had at least communicated that thereís a delay or a glitch or something about whatís happening most of us would have been very understanding.
I just sent Ted another email today requesting my refund for way too many charged but not received "month selections", his last response to me happened a little over 4 months ago asking me for some time... Will wait for his response or to my sincere regret, I will have to go to the BBB for assistance to collect. It is just nor fair.
[quote]On Aug 5, 2019, aechecop wrote:
I just sent Ted another email today requesting my refund for way too many charged but not received "month selections", his last response to me happened a little over 4 months ago asking me for some time... Will wait for his response or to my sincere regret, I will have to go to the BBB for assistance to collect. It is just nor fair. [/quote]

The BBB can't do anything or you. You can file a complaint and all they will do Is post your complaint on their site. If Martinka isn't registered with the BBB I wouldn't even waste
my time writing them. Who you do need to file a complaint with is the FTC, you can find it at FTC.GOV You can file the complaint right online and they are quick about getting back to you.
Be very careful what you write in the complaint as this could end up in a court and Martinka could counter sue you for monetary damages arising from the FTC complaint.

If you paid with PayPal, PayPal does make exceptions some times passed the deadline.

-MJJ