(Close Window)
Topic: Gimmicked Blindfold for Juggling
What kind of blindfold is best for a juggling routine? I am aware that some blindfolds can only be used to see between the nose or below it. But for juggling, I need something that I can see at least above.
I'm also interested to hear any input on this as the blindfold that I have is way too restrictive for juggling. I would love fo put such a routine into my act but can't find the right blindfold.
I've always liked the gag where you put on the blindfold and start to juggle then turn to face the audience to show that a huge hole is cut out around the eye.
Black cloth that you can see through
You could learn it for real. It's very possible and the way I've done it since I was a teenager. Learnt by juggling with eyes open and looking through the pattern. Then I found I could close my eyes, but still had to start eyes open. Then I practiced using a bucket because you can still see down. Then progressed on to a small rucksack, which was my kit bag at the time.

Now I use a black bag/hood type affair in performance.

It's not that difficult if you have a solid cascade and I find clubs easier than balls.