(Close Window)
Topic: Triage by Danny Weiser & Shin Lim Presents
Just hitting preorder today is a new TNR effect by Danny Weiser & Shin Lim.

Preorder it from Hocus Pocus for Free Shipping in the USA.

Watch the video here:
http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?p=30182

Here is the full ad copy:
In today's society, everything is fast paced. We must not waste time going from one place to another, and even certain social media outlets have time constraining video lengths. With less than a quarter of a minute for media such as Instagram, how are we supposed to demonstrate the full potential of a long winded, old fashioned, piece by piece TNR restoration?

Danny Weiser, a creative thinker for the modern magician, introduces his take on the TNR. It's swift, magical, and direct. Welcome to Triage.

* Triage comes with all the necessary parts required to perform this effect with the exception of a glue stick and scotch tape. Some assembly required.
Looking forward to the first reviews on this. I especially like the preformances at the back end of the trailer. Great image when he throws the card pieces and they instantly spin and restore. He then slowly looks at the camera like "yeah.. I know..." :)

Has the visual impact of the snap change move. I can see this appearing in a lot of magicians showreel clips.

Merchant of Magic have it on the site, shipping from the UK. Currently with free worldwide delivery.
http://www.magicshop.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=146286

There's a bit of a 'build' required, but worth it I think.

Dominic
Message: Posted by: The Russian Mentalist (May 27, 2015 04:21PM)
On video this looks fabulous!

The first questions that come to mind are the obvious ones;

1. Do you have to switch the pieces of the card that you actually tear for, what I assume is the gimmicked restoration card?

2. Can you hand the restored card out for examination?
Shin Lim Alert!

I think I'll wait for Mark from Saturn Magic to give us the lowdown. He's the only dealer that gives us punters a fair and balanced view of the new stuff, without the usual hype.
I can say for sure this is a DIY project, it from what I have seen over skype it doesn't seem that complicated, just a bit of time to prep originally. The effect is as fast as shown in the video and looks great.

To The Russion Menatlist, I cannot say for sure but I will find out the answers to your questions and get back to you.

Cole
It does seem to fit with the kind of thing Shin has success with - gimmicks that can only be viewed at some distance, but that are very visual. Perfect for his stage shows.
I just got off the phone with Danny Weiser, and he filled me in with some great detailed info about this release.

The video tutorial for Triage is about 55 minutes and covers numerous routines and moves which makes this effect very applicable to many scenarios. This is a digital video, so the package when purchased will include a link to watch or download the video tutorial.

There are tons of presentations, one of which is a transposition type effect that will take you through the special moves to go from torn cards to the gimmicked pieces and from the pieces to the signed and/or selected card. After these moves which are taught the original signed card can be examined.

Overall after talking with Danny about Triage, I think this will be workable for many performers, whether stage, strolling, etc. I look forward to it becoming available and watching the video myself.

The special parts that are included with the product are truly incredible, and I can assure would be almost impossible to be seen by any spectator regardless of distance. Danny and Shin Lim presents went to great lengths to find these, as I have never seen anything like it.

If you have specific questions please let me know. I can either answer if I know or I can get back in touch with Danny for a full answer.

Thank you,

Cole
[quote]On May 27, 2015, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Shin Lim Alert!

I think I'll wait for Mark from Saturn Magic to give us the lowdown. He's the only dealer that gives us punters a fair and balanced view of the new stuff, without the usual hype. [/quote]

We will have this up on our website sometime tomorrow, it's just too late to do it now, I can't wait until July when full automation kicks in on our website which will save me loads of time!

My first thoughts are it looks quite obvious what this is and it's a shame the trailer does not show the whole routine or at least the ending when the card is handed out as I suspect a very standard ending if you know what I mean.

This also comes in a nice box which is nice but why can't producers keep things flat to keep shipping costs down, I suspect there will not be much in the box so it's way to big for what will be supplied.

The trailer cuts at all the interesting moments, we see the card torn, then it cuts and the pieces are in the mouth and no ending is shown as I guess you can't hand the card straight out that visually restores.

I would be pleased to be put right if I have any of this wrong, these are just my guesses I have not actually seen this.

This may seem very negative but I do like the trick/ effect, I'm not sure about the handling it looks like it may be a bit cramped or fiddly only time will tell.
Hope you're right, Cole.
Message: Posted by: The Russian Mentalist (May 27, 2015 07:08PM)
Cole & Mark, thank you for the feedback and insights. I am interested to learn more.
Do we get a choice of which back design our gimmick comes in? Because I only use red bikes and it's blue in the trailer...
[quote]On May 27, 2015, The Russian Mentalist wrote:
On video this looks fabulous!

The first questions that come to mind are the obvious ones;

1. Do you have to switch the pieces of the card that you actually tear for, what I assume is the gimmicked restoration card?

2. Can you hand the restored card out for examination? [/quote]

I think the answer of the second question you need to switch the card before examination.
This does look good, but I'm afraid Marks initial inpression is probably correct - fiddly and cramped handling? Maybe good for camera stuff but interesting to see real world presentation and performance. The fact that no one has come forward saying they got an early copy of this and have been trying it out and slaying people has my alarm bells ringing. The gimmick looks like it would be fun to play with though and would probably fool you using it as it looks like camera trickery. Love them types of gimmicks :-) on the fence at mo
That looks Crazy !! I love the toss restoration , I know it always looks good on video !
[quote]On May 27, 2015, Saturn UK wrote:
Shin Lim Alert!

I think I'll wait for Mark from Saturn Magic to give us the lowdown. He's the only dealer that gives us punters a fair and balanced view of the new stuff, without the usual hype. [/quote]

We will have this up on our website sometime tomorrow, it's just too late to do it now, I can't wait until July when full automation kicks in on our website which will save me loads of time!

My first thoughts are it looks quite obvious what this is and it's a shame the trailer does not show the whole routine or at least the ending when the card is handed out as I suspect a very standard ending if you know what I mean.

This also comes in a nice box which is nice but why can't producers keep things flat to keep shipping costs down, I suspect there will not be much in the box so it's way to big for what will be supplied.

The trailer cuts at all the interesting moments, we see the card torn, then it cuts and the pieces are in the mouth and no ending is shown as I guess you can't hand the card straight out that visually restores.

I would be pleased to be put right if I have any of this wrong, these are just my guesses I have not actually seen this.

This may seem very negative but I do like the trick/ effect, I'm not sure about the handling it looks like it may be a bit cramped or fiddly only time will tell. [/quote]
Thanks Mark. Hearing your point of view is always helpful.
I'm curious how the switch of the four torn pieces will look . Overall this effect will look awesome if the restored gimmick card look good at close-up and will last . If the switch of the four torn pieces is manageable I am considering getting one .
Looks great, lets wait for some revues....
Haven't had a chance to check this out personally yet, but *** does that look nice in the trailer! Gonna have to play around with this once I get it.
Hey Mark, what's the verdict.
It's not out yet so we will have to wait.
Hey guys! Danny Weiser here! If I can be of any help as far as questions go, please feel free to ask away!
Do we need construct gimmick from zero?? Tnx.
[quote]On Jun 6, 2015, victors911 wrote:
Do we need construct gimmick from zero?? Tnx. [/quote]

Ad Copy:
* Triage comes with all the necessary parts required to perform this effect with the exception of a glue stick and scotch tape. Some assembly required.
[quote]On Jun 6, 2015, James Conti wrote:
[quote]On Jun 6, 2015, victors911 wrote:
Do we need construct gimmick from zero?? Tnx. [/quote]

Ad Copy:
* Triage comes with all the necessary parts required to perform this effect with the exception of a glue stick and scotch tape. Some assembly required. [/quote]

I read this! I wanted to know more about this assembly. Do we need construct gimmick from zero with this parts or we will have ready parts, we can fast prepare it and ready to go??
The Triage package comes with all necessary to make your gimmick. You will only need to supply a glue stick and scotch tape.
I have some questions.
1-the gimmick is durable? (Like how much time it will last?)
2-this could be use in street magic?
3-do you need to make a set up beforw the trick?

Hopefully the switch is the placing of the gimmick on to the deck and perform a DL.
I just received confirmation saying this item will be in stock and shipping tomorrow. I can't wait to open it up and check it out.
All orders placed at Hocus Pocus by tomorrow morning will be shipped out tomorrow guaranteed.

For more information check it out here:
http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?p=30182

Cole
Hopefully that is the same for UK dealers too?
[quote]On Jun 8, 2015, pegasus wrote:
Hopefully that is the same for UK dealers too? [/quote]

UK orders will be shipping out to customers on Wednesday. Most should arrive next day.

Hope this helps
Dominic
I just received information that all of the Triage units which were shipped yesterday have a defective element in them.
This is due to an error in the manufacturing process which was detected moments ago.

We have held every order placed at Hocus Pocus and will add the working part to each box when we receive them tomorrow (Wednesday, 6/10/15).
So every Hocus Pocus Triage will be shipped Wednesday, June 10th with every piece fully functional.

We are sorry about this delay, but are glad we caught it so faulty units will not be shipped.

If you have any questions let me know,

Cole
I ordered from Penguin, will be everything ok in Penguin?? any knows?
Got the same news. Merchant of Magic will be adding the correct part before shipping as well.

Lucky this was caught in time.

Dominic
*** :o
[quote]On Jun 9, 2015, Cole Gross wrote:
I just received information that all of the Triage units which were shipped yesterday have a defective element in them.
This is due to an error in the manufacturing process which was detected moments ago.

We have held every order placed at Hocus Pocus and will add the working part to each box when we receive them tomorrow (Wednesday, 6/10/15).
So every Hocus Pocus Triage will be shipped Wednesday, June 10th with every piece fully functional.

We are sorry about this delay, but are glad we caught it so faulty units will not be shipped.

Cole [/quote]

Why am I not surprised? :/
[quote]On Jun 10, 2015, James Conti wrote:
[quote]On Jun 9, 2015, Cole Gross wrote:

Cole [/quote]

Why am I not surprised? :/ [/quote]

Ahahahah,that was exactly my thoughts !
We are shipping out orders out today and have replaced the incorrect item.

My initial thoughts were correct, huge box and not a lot in it, why don't producers learn the bigger the box the more it costs to post, this could have been supplied in and envelope!
Mark, what are your views on the practicality of this product in the real world, is it workable etc? I would be interested to know your thoughts mate
Shin Lim Alert!

Defective units?!

Looks like I was right to issue a Shin Lim alert!

How do I know these things?

Easy.

I'm the Scoopmaster.
[quote]On Jun 10, 2015, Dazzler UK wrote:
Mark, what are your views on the practicality of this product in the real world, is it workable etc? I would be interested to know your thoughts mate [/quote]

Murphy's website is down that hosts the video another reason I dislike these online videos so I've not watched it yet.
Ok, Ive just watched this and after being disappointed at what I received in such a big box the video started to make up for this.

You have to make the gimmick which is not hard but will take about half an hour or so to do a nice job of it.

It's not too hard to do and you get the main pieces supplied pre cut so you can use them as a template if you wish with any cards you like to use.

I've not made up the gimmick but I can see how it works and I believe it will be reliable.

I was concerned about switching in this routine but you can vanish the pieces or switch them in another way shown depending on your routine.

Then we come to the end when you want to give the restored card out, this can be accomplished in a number of ways but not by DL.
The ways shown are nice and something I may well do.

The in the mouth version is nice and simple to do the transformation.

One thing I would point out is that you won't want the visually restored card being looked at for too long so keep the routine moving and all will be good.

As far as angles you want people forward of your 180 line, you don't want people being able to see the face of the card during your routine, in this respect the angles are no worse than most T & R.

I thought I was not going to like this, I don't do a torn and restored but this is making me think I may just do this one it has far fewer moves and a lot less going on than most T & R.

There are moves to learn here, they are not hard but you will need to practice them to get this nice and smooth.

In all I like this and we will be buying some stock by Friday not just ordering in as you special order it, we only do this for items we like and recommend.

We have this listed on our website and I would love to take your orders if you are in the UK. If you would like to talk more about this just give me a call you will get honest answers.

Check it out here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/2896.html
Mark, thank you for your honest review! I hope others feel the same! Best of luck with the sales!
Thanks for the review :) I'll probably stick to impromptu flash restorations
[quote]On Jun 10, 2015, Saturn UK wrote:
Ok, Ive just watched this and after being disappointed at what I received in such a big box the video started to make up for this.

You have to make the gimmick which is not hard but will take about half an hour or so to do a nice job of it.

It's not too hard to do and you get the main pieces supplied pre cut so you can use them as a template if you wish with any cards you like to use.

I've not made up the gimmick but I can see how it works and I believe it will be reliable.

I was concerned about switching in this routine but you can vanish the pieces or switch them in another way shown depending on your routine.

Then we come to the end when you want to give the restored card out, this can be accomplished in a number of ways but not by DL.
The ways shown are nice and something I may well do.

The in the mouth version is nice and simple to do the transformation.

One thing I would point out is that you won't want the visually restored card being looked at for too long so keep the routine moving and all will be good.

As far as angles you want people forward of your 180 line, you don't want people being able to see the face of the card during your routine, in this respect the angles are no worse than most T & R.

I thought I was not going to like this, I don't do a torn and restored but this is making me think I may just do this one it has far fewer moves and a lot less going on than most T & R.

There are moves to learn here, they are not hard but you will need to practice them to get this nice and smooth.

In all I like this and we will be buying some stock by Friday not just ordering in as you special order it, we only do this for items we like and recommend.

We have this listed on our website and I would love to take your orders if you are in the UK. If you would like to talk more about this just give me a call you will get honest answers.

Check it out here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/2896.html [/quote]
Yet again Mark demonstrates why he's the number one, go to dealer.

No hype, no BS. Just straightforward, honest opinion and advice.
Some may be disappointed opening the box, from the exterior, it looks fancy but you get basic supplies with it.

Not watched the expalanations yet.
Sounds like Hidden Hand. Nice box. Basic innards.
[quote]On Jun 9, 2015, victors911 wrote:
I ordered from Penguin, will be everything ok in Penguin?? any knows? [/quote]

We were able to catch the error prior to shipping out our orders. If you ordered Triage from Penguin, you're all set.
As expected, nothing compared to what Danny saw on my Facebook nearly a year ago, gimmick is very "floppy" and I can't see this fooling anybody due to the nature of the gimmick..

I honestly thought Danny has put a little more thinking on this, this is only good for Shin Lim magic (Magic on Youtube or on screen on big stage) but forget it for close up uses.

Nice box though.
Alex,
This gimmick when built correctly is not floppy at all. Myself and a number close magi-friends have road tested this for quite a while and have never had a "floppy" issue. When the instructions are followed from the video is done perfectly, you will not have a flimsy issue. I have fooled a number of people with this effect. I hope that others will feel the same as I do.
-Danny W.
[quote]On Jun 10, 2015, Alex DLF wrote:
As expected, nothing compared to what Danny saw on my Facebook nearly a year ago, gimmick is very "floppy" and I can't see this fooling anybody due to the nature of the gimmick..

I honestly thought Danny has put a little more thinking on this, this is only good for Shin Lim magic (Magic on Youtube or on screen on big stage) but forget it for close up uses.

Nice box though. [/quote]

Thank you Alex. Yet another dud release from Shin and Penguin magic.
[quote]On Jun 10, 2015, pegasus wrote:
[quote]On Jun 10, 2015, Alex DLF wrote:

Nice box though. [/quote]

Thank you Alex. Yet another dud release from Shin and Penguin magic. [/quote]

Lets not jump to conclusions. First of all, Penguin Magic didn't put this out, and we have one positive and one negative review so far... and the negative review is coming from someone who had a similar effect, so may have some bias.
[quote]On Jun 10, 2015, TuneHV wrote:
[quote]On Jun 10, 2015, pegasus wrote:

Thank you Alex. Yet another dud release from Shin and Penguin magic. [/quote]

Lets not jump to conclusions. First of all, Penguin Magic didn't put this out, and we have one positive and one negative review so far... and the negative review is coming from someone who had a similar effect, so may have some bias. [/quote]

No kidding - sheesh!
Could the gimmick be applied to something that is playing card size but is not a playing card, In other words could this be used with say regular paper card stock( such as a business card or a recipe card?
[quote]On Jun 11, 2015, randyburtis wrote:
Could the gimmick be applied to something that is playing card size but is not a playing card, In other words could this be used with say regular paper card stock( such as a business card or a recipe card? [/quote]

Yes! In fact, I just received a message this morning from a very popular magician asking me permission to apply this to a photo he is going to be using in a TV special=)
As well as a metro card
[quote]On Jun 11, 2015, randyburtis wrote:
Could the gimmick be applied to something that is playing card size but is not a playing card, In other words could this be used with say regular paper card stock( such as a business card or a recipe card? [/quote]

Of course, as long as you don't mind it being floppy. :rotf:
Haven't had time to make mine up yet but from what I've seen on the video tutorial, I think this looks nice, and is something I WILL be testing out having in my wallet... maybe not for a routine but certainly for a bit of visual trickery in between sets etc. I want to make one up with a business card, train ticket, even something bigger like a £5 note or cheque...

Genuinely kinda impressed and excited by what I see.
[quote]On Jun 11, 2015, magicmarkworldwide2 wrote:
Haven't had time to make mine up yet but from what I've seen on the video tutorial, I think this looks nice, and is something I WILL be testing out having in my wallet... maybe not for a routine but certainly for a bit of visual trickery in between sets etc. I want to make one up with a business card, train ticket, even something bigger like a £5 note or cheque...

Genuinely kinda impressed and excited by what I see. [/quote]

Just what I thought Mark, you are one of a few people in the world that have this as they were all pulled from sale because a wrong item was included in the box.

As we have the item required in stock we swapped it out for the correct thing, so customers got their order rather than waiting for the item to be supplied to us before shipping.

Glad you like it, I'm going to make one up also and I don't think it will be floppy!
Mine arrived today from Saturn Magic, and I'm very pleased with it. It is certainly something I will be using.
The instructions are clear - it's as good as it looks. It needs just a little handling practice (doesn't everything?)
And if your finished gaff is floppy, you haven't done it properly....make another and carry on :-)

Riley
Is it difficul to make the gimmicks? How many can I do with the material included? :)
PM'd you.
Thanks Riley :)
Same question here. What's the skill level required to build it?
If you can sew a button on to a coat...
[quote]On Jun 12, 2015, Riley wrote:
If you can sew a button on to a coat... [/quote]

No need. You can buy sew-on by Roddie Mcghie :lol:
How many gimmicks can you make from what is supplied?
Only one.
Stars out of 5?
It's not that difficult to make, take your time and it should be fine.

As for the handling of the gimmick, I guess you will have to handle it carefully if you don't want anything to flash.

I'd give it 3/5 stars :)

And maybe a 1,5/4 or 2/4 hearts but I still haven't played enough with it to be sure about my rating.
[quote]On Jun 12, 2015, Alex DLF wrote:
It's not that difficult to make, take your time and it should be fine.

As for the handling of the gimmick, I guess you will have to handle it carefully if you don't want anything to flash.

I'd give it 3/5 stars :)

And maybe a 1,5/4 or 2/4 hearts but I still haven't played enough with it to be sure about my rating. [/quote]

This should not come off confrontational at all. But I just want to cover my bases.

When you said "Only one", I think you meant "one", as that is all you need unless you want to perform the same trick at the exact same time in another dimension=) We also supply enough of the materials to make multiple gimmicks with your own design.

As for the rating I feel you are being very bias and I feel other people questioning to get this should hear another opinion first.
It's really not hard to perform this in the real, world as I do it myself=)
These are now shipping from Merchant of Magic complete with all official parts and supplies, in the correct quantities.
MoM held back dispatch until the product was complete to make sure it ships to customers with the correct quality/brand/type of gimmick exactly as originally intended.
The shop could have substituted the gimmick, but really.. If I ordered from MoM, I'd expect the 'actual' whole product to begin with.

Looking forward to people trying this out and suggesting presentation ideas..

Best wishes
Dominic
[quote]On Jun 12, 2015, Dominic Reyes wrote:
These are now shipping from Merchant of Magic complete with all official parts and supplies, in the correct quantities.
MoM held back dispatch until the product was complete to make sure it ships to customers with the correct quality/brand/type of gimmick exactly as originally intended.
The shop could have substituted the gimmick, but really.. If I ordered from MoM, I'd expect the 'actual' whole product to begin with.

Best wishes
Dominic [/quote]

I guess that was aimed at me?

We do not ship substitutes the item supplied from stock to ensure customers got there order without delay is the exact same brand etc.
Thanks Alex
[quote]On Jun 12, 2015, Saturn UK wrote:

Best wishes
Dominic [/quote]

I guess that was aimed at me?

We do not ship substitutes the item supplied from stock to ensure customers got there order without delay is the exact same brand etc. [/quote]
Don't worry Mark.

Ignore 'nasty tricks' from other dealers.

No need to stoop to their level. Your service is superior in EVERY way.
Mark... Relax. There's no need to be defensive. I'm just telling those that ordered from MoM that their orders have shipped, and why the team waited for all the parts to come in. Nothing's aimed at you.

Jamie.. Always entertaining :-)
Hello MagicCafe! Just thought I would post about Danny Weiser's "Triage" presented by "Shin Lim Presents". Both Shin and Danny releases great and visual effects. I have not yet been disappointed and probably never will be. Without revealing anything, 'Triage' is great! I received mine from Danny 3 days ago. It's definitely great for stage, parlor and close up. For close up maybe stay back a small 2 to 3 feet away BUT if follow the intricate instructions given by Shin(as usual) :) ya probably can stand even 1 feet away. Triage is great, its fast, VERY VISUAL.

There is 'something' ya need to do if you have never done it before when esembling the gimmick, but with, again, the great instrucstions given, believe me you will be proud of yourself. You have to have patience. If you don't patience, learn it and take it in! I love esembling gimmicks, the more you esemble, the more you learn, the faster & better you will get! :)

I also love seeing TnR effects, what's great about Triage is, there's no palming nor covering 1 piece, 2 pieces, or 3 pieces in one hand or switch to the other... Let's say, all of sudden you accidently drop a corner of a card or maybe all 3 for some ungodly known reason. If you're an expert with TnR's and you never drop pieces, great! But let's say, an aspiring magician or someone performing TnR for the first time in front of an audience, they drop the pieces, oh snap!! You always have to think, what if, with Triage, you literally do not have to worry about dropping any pieces what so ever.

Congrats to Danny & Shin on Triage! Get it, get it now, you won't be disappointed!
P.S. Everything is supplied for you. Also, if you need to make more gimmicks yourself you with the instructions. Blue or Black back bicycle cards work better too :) :)
Thanks for the review, does anybody else has it and could comment on the quality of the props and the "flopiness" of the gimmick ? I'm sure I'm not the only one ;)
Can I make more than one gimmick? Or have to buy another dvd when mine is used up?
Mike, see WeiserSide1's post, above, for the answer to your first question.
Thanks I see:)
Mike
Got this on Saturday and so on Sunday I had the chance to take a proper look at it. It required some construction but in all fairness this didn't take too long at all and was actually quite easy to do. The instructional movie is a download so does not come in the box (which is actually quite an impressive and classy looking box) but thought I should mention that for those who hate having to get something only to have to download the video but the video is well made and the instructions to put the gimmick together were very clear and easy to follow.

The finished product... in all honesty I at first looked at this and thought this will look great on film but not so great when done in a walk around situation but I can happily say this is not true. With some modifications and additions to the routines this can VERY easily be made to work for those who do table hopping or walk around (like myself) but will say that I am unsure if this was covered in the video download because I did not really look at many of the routine ideas presented.

There is enough materials included to make one gimmick but materials to make more can be purchased very easily online and should not cost more than roughly £10 (including postage) and there would be enough there to make a multiple number of spare gimmicks. Instructions on how to make additional gimmicks was also contained on the video and again the instructions were well presented and clear so no one should have any problems in following along.
[quote]On Jun 15, 2015, Amrit wrote:
Got this on Saturday and so on Sunday I had the chance to take a proper look at it. It required some construction but in all fairness this didn't take too long at all and was actually quite easy to do. The instructional movie is a download so does not come in the box (which is actually quite an impressive and classy looking box) but thought I should mention that for those who hate having to get something only to have to download the video but the video is well made and the instructions to put the gimmick together were very clear and easy to follow.

The finished product... in all honesty I at first looked at this and thought this will look great on film but not so great when done in a walk around situation but I can happily say this is not true. With some modifications and additions to the routines this can VERY easily be made to work for those who do table hopping or walk around (like myself) but will say that I am unsure if this was covered in the video download because I did not really look at many of the routine ideas presented.

There is enough materials included to make one gimmick but materials to make more can be purchased very easily online and should not cost more than roughly £10 (including postage) and there would be enough there to make a multiple number of spare gimmicks. Instructions on how to make additional gimmicks was also contained on the video and again the instructions were well presented and clear so no one should have any problems in following along. [/quote]

Thanks Amrit!
I hope you get some great mileage out of this!
Just received it, very nice box..open it.. and box is too big. Everything can put in envelope.I watched instructions and start to make gimmick.
Effect is cool, but for this you need to make gimmick from prepared parts what you are received.
If you will do gimmick well- so effect will be cool and gimmick do work for you.

Instructions are very nice how to make and use your gimmick.
This is will be good for TV, closeup or stage.

4/5.
I am convinced. ..will look forward to putting this together with a non card use...

Best wishes
Dominic [/quote]

Unfortunately some must have got through... I've just received mine (23 June) from MoM with a key part missing. Have informed MoM directly.
Sorry to hear that Crysalis
PM me your real name and I'll follow that up with the shop personally. I'm sure Ben or Mark are sorting that for you right away.

Once you get up and running with Triage, be sure to come back on and give us a performance review.

Also, welcome to the Magic Café!

Best wishes
Dominic
Crysalis, Just had a report back from the shop. Ben has sent you a replacement and a free gift. You should get it in tomorrow mornings post.

Hope this helps
Dominic
I got this from my local magic shop and the guy said it was missing something. The t####d. But mine had it . But it was a different kind that I have never seen before. I put it together and it worked fine. But then I got a call saying the correct piece was in so I got it and it was like the normal stuff you get with any other effect that uses this stuff. So I took it apart and remade it using the correct t####d and it won't work as good as the previous one I made. I probably made a mistake somewhere. When I had it working before it worked good and I loved playing around with it. Super visual!!!! I'm going to try and make a new one tonight. I wanted to make a new one anyway, as I want the gimmick to be the queen on the other side so you can show it. People who have this will know what I mean. I do like this a lot.
[quote]On Jun 14, 2015, Alex DLF wrote:
Thanks for the review, does anybody else has it and could comment on the quality of the props and the "flopiness" of the gimmick ? I'm sure I'm not the only one ;) [/quote]

Friend of mine has it and it came in red back which is REALLY obvious up close. I think blue would be more deceptive.

The main issue people should take is the fact that the contrast was cranked up on the demo to hide the fact just how obvious the seams are at close range.
They address this in the video by suggesting setting it up as a creased restored card and then with a wave the creases disappear...
Hey guys! Just got word that we are now offering Triage with a pre-made gimmick!
http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=56000
"For your convenience, this package includes a completed gimmick so you can start enjoying your Triage right out of the box. No arts and crafts needed."
I still don't know what kind of t****d is the correct one. I tried it again and something is not right. I now want to use the t****d that came with this, even though I'm being told it's the wrong kind. I only received enough for 1 gimmick, so I don't have any left. Now you can buy one already assembled? I should have waited I guess, I was hoping the one I bought was ready to go. I'm going to have to buy another one now.
The instructional video tells you where to get the replacement part you are asking about
I wasn't sure about the t****d I had brought either at first nattefrost since both gimmicks I made with it broke after some very basic use (I didn't actually get as far as doing the routines with them) but I suspect this may well be due to how taught you make it during the construction so may all just come down to a bit of experimenting (I hope). Once I have the time I will attempt it again though.
Thanks randyburtis and Amrit for the info. I know Shin described to a "t" and even the "#" of the replacement part in the video. But after the first use of the stuff (which was not the part he said in the video), and was very, very thick, then I got a call saying that the correct part is in, I figured let me just take it apart and use the correct part. And it was working ok with the "wrong" stuff. not perfectly but ok. And Amrit, I know what you are saying, as before I actually secured everything down permanently, I played with it a few times just holding it in place making sure it was as good as I could get it. But then when I did secure it in place it was not right. I know it is probably just me not doing it right, but when I saw the ad for a set with a ready made gimmick I was a little frustrated because when I first bought it, I thought it might come already assembled, which obviously it didn't. And don't get me wrong, I love doing the "arts and crafts" when something needs to be put together, but if I had the choice of paying more and getting one already assembled I would have done that. And $40 is not that bad considering that Shin mentioned in the video that it may cost $60 per ready made gimmick (he was just estimating) and that's why they are only selling it the way they were. I would most likely have paid the $60 as long as it came with plenty of replacement parts. I just remember thinking to myself as I was making this- and I will say again that I do like making gimmicks up from scratch-"gee, I wonder why they don't just sell the gimmick already assembled and charge extra". I will say this though, if I have to put together a gimmick and it is in the same category as putting together the gimmick from "Unboxing", then I may change my mind. I just found some more "stuff" so I am just going to try it again.
OK. So I've read all the posts. So I have two questions, does this trick actually work? And, is it as good as it looks in the video?
[quote]On Jun 29, 2015, gulamerian wrote:
OK. So I've read all the posts. So I have two questions, does this trick actually work? And, is it as good as it looks in the video? [/quote]

With using it and actually seeing the completed product up close I would say it does work (and looks amazing when it does too) but getting the constructing just right can take some trial and error. As I stated in my previous comment, I had the problem of snapped t****d but managed to have so far got it working without this happening, so it could take some people that little bit longer to get it just right for them.

It works a treat but I personally will be hesitant to use it in any of my close-up routines unless it was in a bar/club setting where the lighting is not very bright because there are certain aspects of the device (and I don't know if this is just down to how I have constructed it or not) which I don't feel would work perectly in being convincing. However, I will also say that this may well be down to me just being overly critical about the whole effect/routine because I am looking at it from the perspective of a magician who now knows what to look for.
Thank you.
Gulamerian- like Amrit said, it does work. I finally got one going, and Danny and someone from Shin's team have been very helpful in the process. I don't think mine looks as good as it does in the video, but it is definately passable. Maybe one out of every 5 times I do it the card ends up a little crooked after the change. Almost unnoticable. And again, like Amrit stated, it could be (and probably is) from the way I constructed it. I would keep back just a little and not have somebody breathing down your neck if you are performing it, at least until the s****h and handing out the restored card. It is very fun to play around with, especially the change in the mouth. And I hope you feel better Shin, someone from your team said you were not feeling well. Get well soon-
Thank you everyone for your help. I just ordered one. It comes assembled, so perhaps this will eliminate some of the problems. I will let you know after I receive it.
I got this the other day with the gimmick already made up. The instructions are downloaded and well done. Shin Lim is very personable and does an excellent job. The ad states "4 torn pieces completely restore with no sleight of hand" while this is true the trick itself requires some basic sleight of hand to perform. This is covered in the tutorial and will not present a problem. You do not need to be an expert in order to preform this trick. The gimmick is well constructed and allows you to perform the trick right out of the box. Mine came with a red back card I don't think it makes a difference if it's blue or red. Now as for performing this up close and personal I would say yes with proper staging. It will require work but in the long run will be well worth it. And you will have something that is unique and different. Hope this helps.
Hey guys! A nice review of Triage is up!
http://magic.about.com/od/magiciansvideos/fl/Reviews-of-Two-Gimmicked-Cards-Triage-and-Look.htm
Made the mistake of buying from Merchant of Magic - MagicShop.co.uk

said it was made up, it was not, missing parts, have seen a pic of box contents from a friend who bought from Saturn and I don't have the same. now they don't reply to emails. avoid these jokers.
Nice to know thank you.
Is anyone using this in 2019 or was it a thing to play with but not really practical ? I do not have it but it would seem to be, you would see a seam